• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Growing Epidemic in TSO....Should we vaccinate these Sims?

• Thread starter imported_Founder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

The issue here is rudeness. If you can sing to your guest that's great however I sometimes find it almost impossible when I am the only roomie with 30 hungry guest. I have found that about 50% leave their plates on the table, 8 showers and toilets are getting dirty constantly because it's maybe too hard to que in a clean as thier greening, I think not. I call that lazy. It leaves little time to serenade all the guest and I certainly will not stop to serenade a sim who says "I need songs" while i'm in the middle of clearing the tables of 6 dirty plates. It is an important issue because it results in hostility in the game. I for one hate drama. If I wanted drama, i'd be watching soap operas instead of playing TSO!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of what you list is why we have the NPC maids. You can even keep her around 24/7 by hiding a plate on the lot so she can't get to it. Plus, I can understand keeping all the plates cleared, but there's no reason to go around cleaning showers and toilets, since all it affects is room score in the bathroom but who cares about room score in the bathroom? The only exception to this I think would be if a sim leaves a puddle outside a shower from getting out of the shower too quick, but again keeping the maid around would solve that problem.

Vapd has a valid point that I hadn't even considered. You guys that are worried about interactions during work, those are a bonus to performance, they should not be a necessity.....just like its nice if there's a coffee pot or an employee lounge at a RL job, but it's not a requirement for full amenities. Due to that, I think those that are saying this can safely bow out of the argument lest they be accused of hypocrisy. For everybody else, its you say tomayto I say tomahto. You say guests are lazy for not wanting to take care of their own energy social, we say hosts are lazy for not wanting to host during their shift but rather wanting to skill or make money.

This is why I have always encouraged roomie shifts in any house I have ever owned.....so that every roomie in the house has a time to fully dedicate themselves to hosting each day, and still has time to go off and have fun with skilling or money making before or after their shift. You cannot blame you choosing to host 12 hours a day on the guests in your house and therefore deprive them of exemplary service. If you don't wanna be there, nobody's holding a gun to your head.....CLOSE. There's enough properties in EA Land, I'm quite certain that if you close those sims can find another house to go to, or do another activity even if your house is the only one in a skill. I was brought up believing if you're not gonna do something right, don't do it at all......and that's a motto I try to put forth as much as possible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Most of what you list is why we have the NPC maids. You can even keep her around 24/7 by hiding a plate on the lot so she can't get to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because of course everyone is rich enough to keep the maid hanging around for 24 hours? Anyway I'm pretty sure she still clocks off at 6.00 o clock regardless of any hidden newspaper or plate.

<blockquote><hr>

For everybody else, its you say tomayto I say tomahto. You say guests are lazy for not wanting to take care of their own energy social, we say hosts are lazy for not wanting to host during their shift but rather wanting to skill or make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth can't roomies/owners skill or make money during the time they have their own house open? Are you suggesting that those living at a skill or money lot, never skill or use a money object and simply just be there to open the house and babysit other people's sims? Wow, that sounds like fun ... not.

<blockquote><hr>

I was brought up believing if you're not gonna do something right, don't do it at all......and that's a motto I try to put forth as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I was brought up to take care of my own needs and not expect others to do it for me. In-game that includes cleaning up after myself, treating a homeowner/roomie with respect, thanking them for cooking and taking responsibility for my sim while she is on their lot.

I appreciate it when someone serenades me or cooks for me, but I will never demand that they do so.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, I am finding it annoying on the job too!

When the city first opened, and no one had serenade, we would blow kisses while working for social, and juggle and back rub for fun and comfort. We managed.

Now that most folk have serenade (not me), they are constantly on their knees during the breaks and it is impossible to que up fun and comfort!

Last night in the factory, I almost stopped working with full energy and social, because my comfort and fun went red! I really wish people would realize, that you do not need more than 2 or 3 serenades during an entire work day...not each break!

[/ QUOTE ]

SS,...but I dont buy into this arguement of being irritated at factory co-workers because you are unable to get an interaction of dance/crack back/ back rub...etc. If you went red during your shift, that's your own fault and not one of your co-workers. You should have prepared your sim for the shift. Failing to do so is "expecting" other workers to care for your sims needs. How is that any different than this ongoing arguement of expecting hosts to care for visitor needs?

FYI, if you arrive at the factory prepared for work, fully green, you can complete the entire shift (all 4 rounds) without requireing ANY interactions from your co-workers, and make your promotions. (been there, done that, bought the T-shirt).

I think thats pretty hypocritical to show distatse for sims asking for serenades and interactions while they are visiting someones house, and then turn around and "expect" co-workers to assist you in greening during the work day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making an awful lot of assumptions in your reading of my post.

1. I was *not* trying to get the interactions, I was trying to give them. When you 'juggle', 'hustle' and 'crackback'with someone, you both get benefits, serenade only benefits the reciever.

2. I was as green as I could get on mid-range furniture, when I started the day....just short of full in all motives. Another player, however, did not green fun before coming to work, but would not get off her knees long enough for me to help. My comfort went almost dead red by the end of the day, with fun not far behind it.

3. FYI, back at ya....in this new game not everyone has the ability to 'fully' green, most folks are starting out with only cheap furnishings and equipment....this is not the production cities, where everyone has the best stuff, to max green with.

4. Most importantly, it is considered common curtesy to help green your fellow workers, that is *why* we all blow kisses to each other, during the rounds and do interactions during breaks. Unremitting, and un-needed serenades, wastes the precious seconds we have to keep everyone on the team, balanced and functional.

My point, was about the overuse of the interaction that only gives energy and social...one way, instead of a balanced use of several different interactions, to ...mutually...green the other motives, as well. A team member that stops working or slows down in distress, is a danger to themselves and the rest of the team. Well balanced greening of *everyone* during breaks is the goal for a team, and makes for higher payouts and faster promotions. The mindless overuse of serenade is interferring with that goal, more than it is helping.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I would hire a maid if I could afford one but i'm not willing to give her what little cash i've managed to earn. As far as cleaning the showers and toilets, if you leave them dirty for any amount of time, they have to be repaired frequently. I think it's nice of the sims that go around serenading thier guest but like I said in my last post, if I have a full house, i'm not going to try and get around to the sims with songs. I will always have HC'D meals ready and cleans showers so the guest can get a fuller green.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Being serenaded does not stop you from interacting with another sim. You can dance, give backrubs, blow kisses "which is also in the romance interactions" or do anything you need to do. We seem to be getting a bit off track concerning this post. Each and everyone of us have our opinions about the serenades but I think the majority of comments here relate to sims that demand songs. The bottom line here is non-pollitely demanding sims are just plain lazy!

V

vapd3317

Well,...no. I made no "assumption" regarding you going red at work, you infered that you almost stopped working because another co-worker(s) wasn't allowing you to be involved in interactions you needed. Bottom line is you weren't fully prepared and very nearly needed someones help to finish the shift.

If all you have are mid level greening objects, you may want to consider greening elsewhere. I have yet to find an established skill or money house that isn't equipped with the "top of the line". I stop skilling and money objects 2 sim hours prior to work,...fully green, and then hide until the ride arrives. Time management goes along way in preparation for work.

When co-workers are capable of completing their part of the job when they arrive at work it shows responsibility and is what makes them part of a "team", rather than that "individual" that slows down production because the other workers have to take the time to green them.

oh and btw:...your level of green has nothing to do with your promotions. Promotions are based completing the round, Mech and or Logic skills, and # of friends. Promotions have nothing to do with the amount of robots completed. Stating that your level of greening promotes you faster isn't true. You just need to stay alive. OMG....and being green when you arrive can help that

G

Do you actually play this game? The interactions that must be accepted...like dancing and backrubs.....are greyed out while a player is doing another action....like serenade.

<blockquote><hr>

We seem to be getting a bit off track concerning this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is on the topic of the overuse or mis-use of serenade. If you feel it is become offtopic.....notify a moderator......

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Well,...no. I made no "assumption" regarding you going red at work, you infered that you almost stopped working because another co-worker(s) wasn't allowing you to be involved in interactions you needed. Bottom line is you weren't fully prepared and very nearly needed someones help to finish the shift.

If all you have are mid level greening objects, you may want to consider greening elsewhere. I have yet to find an established skill or money house that isn't equipped with the "top of the line". I stop skilling and money objects 2 sim hours prior to work,...fully green, and then hide until the ride arrives. Time management goes along way in preparation for work.

When co-workers are capable of completing their part of the job when they arrive at work it shows responsibility and is what makes them part of a "team", rather than that "individual" that slows down production because the other workers have to take the time to green them.

oh and btw:...your level of green has nothing to do with your promotions. Promotions are based completing the round, Mech and or Logic skills, and # of friends. Promotions have nothing to do with the amount of robots completed. Stating that your level of greening promotes you faster isn't true. You just need to stay alive. OMG....and being green when you arrive can help that

[/ QUOTE ]

I have worked on some excellent teams in the robot factory. I don't go to work with the sole goal of just getting a promotion. Working on a great team involves making the most possible bots per session because this means more money.

A worker that loses all their comfort and fun will become less productive because their sim begins to whine and complain between each activation of the stations and slows down the whole production line. I've also seen many workers die due to not being able to move out of the way of an explosion fast enough because of their low motives.

Gilly is correct that fun and comfort play a very big part in the production of robots. Serenades only provide social and energy and actually prevent other interactions during short 60 second breaks.

I can't prove this but I hypothesize that as motives of team members begin to deteriorate the more apt you are to have more breakdowns that require repairs. This is just an observation after years of working in factories. If anyone would like to test this, I would be more than happy to participate.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

Gilly is correct that fun and comfort play a very big part in the production of robots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Gilley and you both are quite correct that they do play a big part in the production of them. That is why we need to make sure we can do what is expected of us.

I however have sidetracked this entire post and apologize, as it is not about requirements for factory workers.

I will leave as soon as I get my "I argued with a MOD and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Gilly is correct that fun and comfort play a very big part in the production of robots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Gilley and you both are quite correct that they do play a big part in the production of them. That is why we need to make sure we can do what is expected of us.

I however have sidetracked this entire post and apologize, as it is not about requirements for factory workers.

I will leave as soon as I get my "I argued with a MOD and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

T-shirt!!!!???? What T-shirt? I never got a T-shirt! If there is a mod out there that I never argued with, will you please raise your hand!

I

imported_Shirl1211

OK..Total misunderstanding on my part. I thought you we're saying that you couldn't interact with another sim *not the one giving you the serenade* I'm not going to make anymore comments concerning this post. It is a place where we have the priviledge to come to for advice, giving an opinion, or just plain out vent and that is what this is turning into, with the smartalic comments. My apologies for not reading your post correctly, and yes, I really do play this game. Five years and 5 accounts and counting!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Most of what you list is why we have the NPC maids. You can even keep her around 24/7 by hiding a plate on the lot so she can't get to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because of course everyone is rich enough to keep the maid hanging around for 24 hours? Anyway I'm pretty sure she still clocks off at 6.00 o clock regardless of any hidden newspaper or plate.

<blockquote><hr>

For everybody else, its you say tomayto I say tomahto. You say guests are lazy for not wanting to take care of their own energy social, we say hosts are lazy for not wanting to host during their shift but rather wanting to skill or make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth can't roomies/owners skill or make money during the time they have their own house open? Are you suggesting that those living at a skill or money lot, never skill or use a money object and simply just be there to open the house and babysit other people's sims? Wow, that sounds like fun ... not.

<blockquote><hr>

I was brought up believing if you're not gonna do something right, don't do it at all......and that's a motto I try to put forth as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I was brought up to take care of my own needs and not expect others to do it for me. In-game that includes cleaning up after myself, treating a homeowner/roomie with respect, thanking them for cooking and taking responsibility for my sim while she is on their lot.

I appreciate it when someone serenades me or cooks for me, but I will never demand that they do so.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

No, nobody's rich, but the maid is $10 a sim hour last time I paid any attention to it. That's $240 for a sim day, and since there's 4 sim hours in one RL hours (15 RL min= 1 sim hour) a sim day is 6 RL hours. Anybody that hosts for more than 6 RL hours usually starts having attitude problems so it's probably time to pass the baton to someone else, or to close the house if no other roomies are on. People only get taken advantage of by their roomies/owner if they let themselves be......I don't buy into the "*cries* I'm keeping my house open for 20 hours a day because none of the roomies will get on and do it!!!" mess. If those roomies/owner don't want to be there that long, they shouldn't be. Anyway, even if they are silly enough to sit there 12-18 hours or whatever to host that's still only double or triple $240, so you're looking at $480-$720. If a person is truly prepared to host, that shouldn't be an issue.....part of being prepared to host is having enough cash on hand....if you're broke then the best thing to do would be to roomie with someone that doesn't want a public house, or stay homeless until you build up a little nest egg.

As for your statement of the maid clocking out, unless things have changed since the last time I hosted a top house, no, she doesn't clock out.....as long as she's on the lot she might stand around scratching her rear for a bit, but when she detects a shower or needing cleaning, or a dirty plate she will go get it pretty quick. Not everybody knows about the hiding the plate trick so that is why I brought it up. I usually wall in a plate in the corner of my kitchen, myself so the flies are contained and with walls up or cutaway most times you can't see them or the plate.

And no, I have no issue with a roomie doing a single job object while they host, though I was under the impression that the job objects were still being limited to money houses in EA Land like they are in TC3. My issue comes in when they put doing those objects AHEAD of their duties as host/hostess. There's alot of down/dead time in hosting, even if you take care to do serenade rounds every 30 minutes to an hour but use the NPCs for cleaning, gardening and such, so yeah it's natural that the host/hostess is gonna want to have something to do when nobody needs anything, and highly likely that they'd make enough objects while juggling those responsibilities to cover the costs of the NPCs, if not the food.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 150% correct, but when TC3 first opened and this was brought up as a method of staying shamrock green for a spot on a pro pizza team, on came the barrage of posters talking about how that was a misuse of the hide n seek feature. Yet many who said that have no problem with stores doing it, as long as there's not 12 people on the lot doing it [sarcasm]because it's boring at stores so it's OK [/sarcasm] Can you tell I don't buy into *that* either

G

well heres the thing, if you have beds, let people know u expect them to use them, put out a sign, put them in the middle of the house with big arrows pointing to them, maybe a trail of arrows leading to them lol. if there r no beds in a house u can guarantee imma ask for a serenade because obviously they expect to give it, other wise they would HAVE BEDS lol. But on the other hand, i would never be so rude as to badger someone for a song. People CAN be quite rude and demanding at times.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

well heres the thing, if you have beds, let people know u expect them to use them, put out a sign, put them in the middle of the house with big arrows pointing to them, maybe a trail of arrows leading to them lol. if there r no beds in a house u can guarantee imma ask for a serenade because obviously they expect to give it, other wise they would HAVE BEDS lol. But on the other hand, i would never be so rude as to badger someone for a song. People CAN be quite rude and demanding at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing, though; you don't use arrows for showers, toilets, etc. People should look for beds before they ask for serenades. So long as the owner places them upon a lot, I don't think arrows and special placement of them is necessary (in a reasonable sense).

G

Carrie,

Maybe you are forgetting that it is the owner of the house that pays for the maid, therefore it there is a full compliment of roomies keeping the house open 24 hours, it will be the owner that incurs the cost of the maid, not each roomie.

Also, I tested it, the maid leaves at 6.00 pm regardless of anything hidden on the lot that she hasn't cleaned. Btw you might like to know a newspaper has the same effect as the plate, but does not create noisy flies.

<blockquote><hr>

There's alot of down/dead time in hosting, even if you take care to do serenade rounds every 30 minutes to an hour .....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to wonder when the last time you played the game was? Serenades every hour? If that were the case, I doubt we'd be seeing so many threads cropping up about how serenade has become so overused.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to wonder when the last time you played the game was? Serenades every hour? If that were the case, I doubt we'd be seeing so many threads cropping up about how serenade has become so overused.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's a case, then these threads should be about educating people on the proper use of the serenade to green guests, pointing out that doing it once every 30 minutes to an hour is all that is necessary to keep guests nearly full green. If sims are running around doing it every 10 minutes or something then no wonder they are getting resentful about it, but their ignorance to the fact that it isn't necessary to do this to still keep your guest full or almost full in fun and energy shouldn't mean that they say it shouldn't be done at all which is what some people have said.....that they don't feel they should have to serenade at all, that these 'ungrateful sims' should use a bed. If what you're saying is true, then we've been arguing the wrong issue, and instead of arguing to abolish something, they should instead be educating them on how to use it to get the best result, and still get to do more of what you want to do also.

Geez no wonder people aren't getting what the big friggin deal is. If somebody had said something like "I'm tired of making rounds every 10 minutes or something" then I, or other skilled hosts could have answered back that we'd be tired too, but that we use it to keep guests green and its not necessary to do it but one-third of that time, instead of campaigning that it just not be done at all. This especially goes for the people Gilly was talking about that serenade her during every shift.....I have to wonder if she ever told her that sims don't require serenades that often (3 times in a green cycle) to stay green, rather than just griping that she did it totally.

G

The whole point (I think) of this thread and several of the other threads has been about how serenade has become "over-used" and many players are now demanding a serenade rather then taking care of their own needs.

Its not about roomies complaining how often they have to serenade - it never has been. This and the other thread has been about people not requiring serenades every 5 minutes at the expense of skill speeds or doing other things and about players not expecting to be serenaded every 10 minutes or less to prevent them having to green their own sim.

I honestly don't think you can fully appreciate what is being said unless you've spent any recent time in TC3 on a lot with 35 sims. I say TC3 because I've noticed things are different in EA-Land (at least on the lots I've been visiting).

Polly

I

imported_Shirl1211

I know I said I wasn't going to comment anymore on this subject but you hit the nail right on the head with your last post. That just about sums it up but because of some of the different views, it took off in all directions. Anyway i'm glad you put it out there exactly the way you did.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

I am so tired of ppl begging for serenades, especially when there are beds available. I try very hard to serenade all roomies when i go to a house to skill, not because i expect it in return, it's just a small token of my gratitude for the work they do do in keeping the house open for us.

I have sims that are 100 plus locks, therefore all skills, bar one are fully maxed and locked. It annoys me when ppl see my skills and assume that i would want to teach them. If i am in a skill house, it would naturally mean i am skilling (to have the last skill maxed out) I do not want to teach you.

Please ppl, simple manners and common etiquette would be nice. Don't beg for serenades or anything else and don't assume ppl want to teach you, just because they have their skills maxed out.

Is it really that hard to clean up after yourselves as well? or go the extra step and clean up after other ppl occasionally.

G

LOL! I am so glad to see that I am not the only person who gets annoyed by vistors asking for songs!

My thoughts? If a roommate has the skills and the time, and is willing; then by all means be appreciative. But, DO NOT BE GREEDY. Being a host/hostess of a busy property can be overwhelming at times. It's rather annoying when a person is begging for songs while you're alone trying to keep up with making fresh HC, cleaning toilets, scrubbing showers, clearing dirty plates that lazy sims have left behind, and welcoming new visitors to the house.

I have the following listed in my profile:

FYI: Beds give energy just as well as serenades!! Need social? Sit in a chair and compliment another sim! It will raise both your social and theirs!

T

turtleface

Well, at my lot in ea land, I don't think anyone has ever begged me for songs. Once or twice people have asked me nicely when they really needed them, but that's about all. 9 out of ten sims at my place clean their own plates, too
I don't know if it's like this in every lot, or if i'm just lucky to have such sweet guests.
Could it be that these serenade threads have done some good, and people are being less demanding?

G

If I see people demand songs I just start wailing out what I remember from certain songs.

BUILD ME UP
BUTTERCUP
BABY
BUILD ME UP
BUTTERCUP

G

There's a whole other side to serenading that I'm not sure has been discussed, and that's the effect on friend webs.

Personally, I can't stand having my friend-web filled up with folks I don't even know, all because they stealth-serenaded me while I was reading a book on their lot. I've considered writting negative comments on the friend web as such, which is also a way to protest the removal of a user-programable friend-web (speaking of which, they didn't have to get rid of balloons to get rid of gloves...they could have just gotten rid of gloves and left us with baloons...and if the problem's comments, then why can we still comment?)

OK I haven't done it yet, because really I'd just be mis-drecting my frustrations over the death of balloons. And they think they're being helpful by doing three serenades in a row (like I'm too stupid to know what a bed is for?), so it's kind of a dumb thing to get even over. But I have been known to boo them in an attempt to get the friend web counter back down to normal after they've inflated it with their serenades. AND NO ONE EVER NOTICES THIS. Which just makes the serenade seem even more phony. Yeah, I know it gives energy, but really, I remember when it was a friendship thing. And if you wanna be my friend, get to know me and start up a conversation. Don't queue up some phony interactions (because there are some that go beyond the "just givnin' folks energy" routine and really ARE trying to get on the top 100 friendly sims list by stealth-interacting you).

Arg. Gimme back my balloons...

B

B Jordan

<blockquote><hr>

There's a whole other side to serenading that I'm not sure has been discussed, and that's the effect on friend webs.

Personally, I can't stand having my friend-web filled up with folks I don't even know, all because they stealth-serenaded me while I was reading a book on their lot. I've considered writting negative comments on the friend web as such, which is also a way to protest the removal of a user-programable friend-web (speaking of which, they didn't have to get rid of balloons to get rid of gloves...they could have just gotten rid of gloves and left us with baloons...and if the problem's comments, then why can we still comment?)

OK I haven't done it yet, because really I'd just be mis-drecting my frustrations over the death of balloons. And they think they're being helpful by doing three serenades in a row (like I'm too stupid to know what a bed is for?), so it's kind of a dumb thing to get even over. But I have been known to boo them in an attempt to get the friend web counter back down to normal after they've inflated it with their serenades. AND NO ONE EVER NOTICES THIS. Which just makes the serenade seem even more phony. Yeah, I know it gives energy, but really, I remember when it was a friendship thing. And if you wanna be my friend, get to know me and start up a conversation. Don't queue up some phony interactions (because there are some that go beyond the "just givnin' folks energy" routine and really ARE trying to get on the top 100 friendly sims list by stealth-interacting you).

[/ QUOTE ]

The argument is invalid. They can "stealth friend", "force friend" or what have you with any other interactions that you can't deny.

People *do* Serenades because they think it's helpful, not because they want to be annoying to you.

I'm sure some sims do it to be on the Top 100 list and to be annoying or whatever, but not everyone does. It became so common that serenading people for energy was expected. So expected that people ask for "songs" instead of going to sleep in a bed.

Everytime someone asks for songs do, I keep wondering why they need MP.... Damn FFXI habits.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

x

I

imported_corpatortis

Yes balloons. The tagging problems were far better than people claiming friend ****.

if you're around someone enough you will become friends. i've had it happen through just IMs too.

personally, while i adore you all, i don't want you all on my web. it should be a reflection of the friends you choose.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

If I see people demand songs I just start wailing out what I remember from certain songs.

BUILD ME UP
BUTTERCUP
BABY
BUILD ME UP
BUTTERCUP

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it!

I

imported_corpatortis

serenading is nice but i don't ask for it. i also take the time to social the roomie in whatever way i can.

is it really that hard to sit on a chair and queue up a bunch of compliments?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

...I've considered writting negative comments on the friend web as such...

[/ QUOTE ]

The web is bugged and has been for what -- three years? Most of the time the comment box just says "retrieving."

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

...I've considered writting negative comments on the friend web as such...

[/ QUOTE ]

The web is bugged and has been for what -- three years? Most of the time the comment box just says "retrieving."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it defaults to retrieving if the friendship hits 0/0. Although this was not the case in TC3 for me. They all showed up once I went to delete one, though.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Maybe some of this has been said, I didn't read through the entire thread.

For so long we have been teaching other sims serenade like it's meant to be a part of life, and only now are people irritated about others asking for it.

Are we afraid to be rude, when saying, use a bed?
Why is it a problem now, but wasn't really a problem for the last 2.5 years?

Anyway, the real reason I decided to join in on this topic was because...
I spent time in EA Land this weekend, and every house I went to (approx 10 different houses), the owners/roomies gave me serenades, without asking. I never once had to use a bed, wasn't even a necessity.

So while there are a few lazy people who should refrain from asking for serenades, every day the majority of players show us they don't mind serenading...

What I've learned: If you don't ask you will receive 9 times out of 10.

R

Roger Wilco

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Serenades were never going to go away despite a handful of people wanting them to.

Anybody still left who doesn't expect payouts to eventually become widespread again?

I

imported_Qute Pi

I always wanted to be a winner!

What is my prize? hehe.

I'd prefer 2 plates of bday cake. lol.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Anybody still left who doesn't expect payouts to eventually become widespread again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually...I believe payouts will come back...in time, altho probably not as drastic as they once were...
The only reason I haven't started them back up myself is I'm saving my money to sell back to EA. lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Serenades were never going to go away despite a handful of people wanting them to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm....in that case, maybe it is time to write up a design for a permanent change in serenade on the Wiki?

*Make it be ~accept/reject/timeout~, like 'Hustle' or 'Benchpress', or most good motive boosters?

*People have asked before for unpredicibility in the game...perhaps we could make the motive gains on all interactions be random, and throw in a few where doing it too frequently, removes rather than boosts?

*Or we could make it more like the offline...where all the people that have been serenaded (romanced) become jealous and lose motives (and/or friendship points?) when they see their serenader, serenading someone else?

Whatcha think?

I

imported_Qute Pi

Many great ideas...

But I personally like to be serenaded, and like to give serenades.
I don't care if other people make friends from it...
I don't open or host a property as of late, so I don't have the busy factor to worry about either...
I enjoy using serenade when I teach people and the accept/decline would be a pain to me...

I think the main issue is the sims who expect it, rather than using a bed.

I don't care if people like me; lol, so if it was my property, I would just tell them, we only serenade those who DON'T ask. lol. I know rude. But hey...we wouldn't have an entire thread on the subject if I was the only one who wanted to be rude on occasion.

Anyhow, we should all put on our bio's in game, that serenades are not to be expected, if you get them you get them, if you don't here is a bed!

Otherwise I personally don't see an issue...besides laziness.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

*Make it be ~accept/reject/timeout~, like 'Hustle' or 'Benchpress', or most good motive boosters?

*People have asked before for unpredicibility in the game...perhaps we could make the motive gains on all interactions be random, and throw in a few where doing it too frequently, removes rather than boosts?

*Or we could make it more like the offline...where all the people that have been serenaded (romanced) become jealous and lose motives (and/or friendship points?) when they see their serenader, serenading someone else?

Whatcha think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way your mind works. (Especially points 3 and 2, in that order)

For point #2, imagine if frequent serenades poofed your sim into a portly male or female sim in opera garb? Or caused all the lamps in the house to break? Or lured every sim in the property to come after you with torches and pitchforks. Muhahahahahaha.

G

Or suddenly gave you the April Fool's monkey head .........

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Or suddenly gave you the April Fool's monkey head .........

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

And the "other end" to go with it.