• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Glenda - everyone should watch this video

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All versions of Glenda will be fixed and reset to their original stats. Bone Breaker will no longer trigger on special abilities and Glenda's additional physical damage will now require 60 Tactics to trigger.

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
All versions of Glenda will be fixed and reset to their original stats. Bone Breaker will no longer trigger on special abilities and Glenda's additional physical damage will now require 60 Tactics to trigger.
boom! nailed it. :thumbup:

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
This is great, but they are still geting a 30dmg hit spell + 5-15 base dmg auto attack even when on cooldown. This is the real issue. After Bone break goes off the physical damage from the hit spell needs to go on cool down with bone breaker ability. Otherwise even at 60 tactics you still swing at 1.25 and hit for 35-45dmg just using auto attack.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak please refund my account 175m for the cost I spent to bring attention to Sick Glenda, and again saving PvP. I have a feeling I'm never going to get that gold back otherwise, now that she's getting the nerf stick.

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you will still be able to hit consistently for wep damage and extra physical damage for 18 mana per swing (@ 40% LMC)? - Are you fixing it being used in animal form?

-I read the patch notes on swarm and sparks and noticed those take no mana. So these can constantly be going off with the new properties?

Remove splinter and all these boneheaded specials that aren't even really specials. Jesus.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, you will still be able to hit consistently for wep damage and extra physical damage for 18 mana per swing (@ 40% LMC)? - Are you fixing it being used in animal form?

-I read the patch notes on swarm and sparks and noticed those take no mana. So these can constantly be going off with the new properties?

Remove splinter and all these boneheaded specials that aren't even really specials. Jesus.
completely agree!

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What about it being used in animal form?

When Glenda is used in Tiger form, it also adds the bleed effect on top of the extra damage

Last edited:

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Does this mean you can no longer imbue SC on it?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Even if you can't imbue SC on it, it can still mimic the toggling of Armor Ignore while casting for Chiv characters and Necro dexers, since they do not need SC.

I think it would be a good idea if the damage were to be reduced to about 20, make it proc only 20% of the time, or at least put a cooldown on it.

Last edited:

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just wondering, what would a template like this be?

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 mace
60 tact
120 ninjitsu
What else?

60 stealth?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 mace
60 tact
120 ninjitsu
What else?

60 stealth?
I don't think that's gonna work. Glenda is getting fixed, so you will probably not be able to imbue Spell Channeling on it

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't think that's gonna work. Glenda is getting fixed, so you will probably not be able to imbue Spell Channeling on it
Until then though...or the ones that you can imbue will be stupid expensive.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure just resetting the stats is enough. Also make sure Whetstone is unusable on it, otherwise it will still be imbuable, because you can lower it down to 4 properties

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 mace
60 tact
120 ninjitsu
What else?

60 stealth?
120 Mace
120 Resist
120 Chiv
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Alcy
60 Tact

760 total points so you only need 40 skill points on the suit (which is EASY).

More or less full defense while holding the weapon. Ability to chug, conflag and nova. 4/6 chiv for heals, cures, remove curse, and holy fist... along with confidence and evasion.

Auto-attack with stam loss 35-40 damage... conflag + nova.... 35-40 more.... holy fist for 25-30 more... easy 100+ damage in about 2 seconds from the auto-attack with nothing you can really do.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
120 Mace
120 Resist
120 Chiv
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Alcy
60 Tact

More or less full defense while holding the weapon. Ability to chug, conflag and nova. 4/6 chiv for heals, cures, remove curse, and holy fist... along with confidence and evasion.

Auto-attack with stam loss 35-40 damage... conflag + nova.... 35-40 more.... holy fist for 25-30 more... easy 100+ damage in about 2 seconds from the auto-attack with nothing you can really do.
This is exactly what I was saying. Just getting rid of Spell Channeling isn't going to solve the problem. Chiv and Necro dexers can still use Glenda. They can still hit for 30 damage while holding a spell. There is a reason the toggling of specials is not allowed while casting.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Mace
120 Resist
120 Chiv
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Alcy
60 Tact

@Bleak please consider this and other possible templates that will be completely over powered with the weapon even after the nerf! Adding glenda was a huge mistake in the first place, please try to at least balance it as soon as possible - and I mean really balance it. Give it a nerf like archery, especially composite bows received!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When is this going to be fixed? Make sure to add it to animal form so that it doesn't get the extra damage while in form!!

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All this crying about a wep that hits for 35 points! lol when a mage can combo you for 55? Really come on stop crying.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's only a problem when paired with lightening strike / deathstrike.... everything else is like, the same damage as Armor Ignore + hit-lightening.... but Glenda takes twice as much mana when proccing... lol?

fix the stacking of weapon abilities with Bonebreaker and all is well.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol @ UO Devs still not paying attention to feedback. Wondering why pvp is an absolute joke now. 4/6 Chiv, parry, this atrocity..things that make you go hmm.

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@cazador. All you need to do to kill a 4/6 chiv is keep them poisoned. It's that easy. Small spells, again it's a mage game!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@cazador. All you need to do to kill a 4/6 chiv is keep them poisoned. It's that easy. Small spells, again it's a mage game!
And you've proved how little you know. I can literally go afk and won't die to a Mage on a 4/6 Chiv character. You can't curse, lethal, or out damage my Cures, remove curse, close wounds. If I add in potions 2 of you can't while one weaken spams. It's a sad sad state UO pvp is in. Either people refuse to say it because it directly is not beneficial..or their just stupid. It's A or B. No in between.

There isn't one single Mage in UO that can kill me 1v1 on a 4/6 Chiv character how it's currently working. I will bet my accounts with a broker that your 2bil. It's not me tooting my horn, I don't claim to be AMAZING it's fkn BROKE!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All this crying about a wep that hits for 35 points! lol when a mage can combo you for 55? Really come on stop crying.
Sounds like this guy is using Glenda and doesn't want it nerfed cause hes never killed anyone before. The weapon does a lot more then 35 damage, more like 45-50 per swing. And what does a mage have to do with anything, mages cant combo you if you keep them constantly bled in tiger form while hitting them for 45-50 with broken Glenda weapon. OMG why do people who have no idea what theyre talking about post on here.