• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Glenda - everyone should watch this video

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get it? What was so amazing I "had to watch it"?

PvP'ers......their special.....:gee:

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think the Glenda alone is the problem but the DS/Weapons/Mage template. I remember people shouting for zero tactics needed for special moves to get more weapon/mage templates. With the 20 SDI cap now and lower tactics it already looks op. Bonebreaker shouldnt be able to go off together with DS which seems to be the case. For a pure dexxer the Glenda seems ok. For such a hybrid template it seems to be overpowered.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember people shouting for zero tactics needed for special moves to get more weapon/mage templates. With the 20 SDI cap now and lower tactics it already looks op

Funny guy.

Enlighten us, how does Tactics affect the damage of Glenda?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More tactics - more damage. No idea what you are aiming for. I am just saying that with the 30/60 Tactics requirement weapon/mage hybrid templates seem to be already op and 0 tactics requirement doesnt make it better. If you want more powerful 2 sec combos go for it, but I dont like pvp that can be over in no time.
My suggestion would be to let the extra damage only go off if you are a pure dexxer.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More tactics - more damage. No idea what you are aiming for. I am just saying that with the 30/60 Tactics requirement weapon/mage hybrid templates seem to be already op and 0 tactics requirement doesnt make it better. If you want more powerful 2 sec combos go for it, but I dont like pvp that can be over in no time.
Tactics doesn't affect it... so why bother? I can kill people in 2-3 seconds with my dexer (my template needs 120 tactics for this)... is it OP? it will be worse if I switched to Macing and used the Glenda though.... cause it wouldn't take mana for anything.... 2 auto-attacks, ez win. * it actually does take mana for auto-attacks. the mana cost is 18, which is basically how much you'd spend on your 2nd consecutive Armor Ignore (double mana cost).

you get more damage from the hit-spell alone to cover 2 Club hits with 120 tactics, anatomy and 100% damage increase.

He has 0 tactics... lol..... there's no reason to have tactics when the F***ing hit-spell does more than you could get out of 120 skill investment in Tactics....

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
isn't this exactly what people warned about when they first announced those new hit spells and weapons? Why is it every time the devs introduce something new it is completely overpowered and not thought through...*sigh*

Last edited:

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Is Glenda a spell channeling weapon? How is he casting magery spells with Glenda equipped?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
  • While the wielder has 30 or more mana, victims take additional physical damage, independent of the chance to activate the stamina drain. Will not activate with special moves.
Maybe this part should be toned down. I don't think a non-special should do more damage than a Armor Ignore

Last edited:

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dont think the Glenda alone is the problem but the DS/Weapons/Mage template. I remember people shouting for zero tactics needed for special moves to get more weapon/mage templates. With the 20 SDI cap now and lower tactics it already looks op. Bonebreaker shouldnt be able to go off together with DS which seems to be the case. For a pure dexxer the Glenda seems ok. For such a hybrid template it seems to be overpowered.
Wut? You don't need to activate a special to use Bone Breaker. In fact it does not activate at all when combined with a special. This has nothing to do with Tactics requirement.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks good. Had to kill a lot of DFs to get it.

I think the most common PvP response on these forums is ADAPT! Finally macer love.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does not activate with special move of the weapon, but with other special moves like DS. This should not be the case. As it is now, its kinda an extra armor ignore on each hit. Thats a bit too much love for macers. I thought he has at least 60 tactics to be able to use other weapons specials if needed. But I think less tactics requirement leads to such powerful hybrid templates.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Does it do the extra damage on every hit? According to its description, the extra damage should only happen every 60 seconds

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
extra damage activates with every hit, when you have enough mana. Tried to enhance it on test center, but it cant. Maybe it can be imbued with sc when taking off damage increase with whet stone and taking down some of the hit lower defense, but cant test atm, cause character copy is down atm.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
extra damage activates with every hit, when you have enough mana.
Thats lame. Sounds like a bug to me. There is supposed to be a 60 seconds immunity timer after being hit with Bone Breaker.

• Victims receive a 60 second immunity from Bone Breaker
@Bleak
Is this working as intended? Is the extra damage supposed to proc on every single hit?

Even if the immunity timer does not apply to the extra damage, it should not proc every time. That is ridiculous. It should proc 20% of the time at most.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it do the extra damage on every hit? According to its description, the extra damage should only happen every 60 seconds
Yep, every hit... seems to be based on physical resist... but at 70 it does 30-36..
at 44 phys resist it was doing 70 with omen (proc only).... Yea, this is gonna get teh fix.

but my evade-macer will be coming out to one-shot people soon.... (if I can get one of these to drop =X)
nothing like a 10% chance to do 152-165 damage everytime you're in range to get hit.

It's so sad that, with as little damage you actually get from skills, hit-spells make up about 40% of a dexers total damage in pvp.... it's unbelievable.

Last edited:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, every hit... seems to be based on physical resist... but at 70 it does 30-36..
at 58 it was doing 70 with omen.... Yea, this is gonna get teh fix.

but my evade-macer will be coming out to one-shot people soon.... (if I can get one of these to drop =X)
nothing like a 10% chance to do 152-165 damage everytime you're in range to get hit.

It's so sad that, with as little damage you actually get from skills, hit-spells make up about 40% of a dexers total damage in pvp.... it's unbelievable.
For someone who cried about the imbalance of one almost insignificant purple potion you sure are a hypocritical piss taker.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For someone who cried about the imbalance of one almost insignificant purple potion you sure are a hypocritical piss taker.
insignificant purple potion, you mean supernovas? They're almost no different than they were... still ridiculous? lol

almost none of the OP's kills had no novas btw, still has alchemy (not a shocker there, right? I said no one will switch from alchemy to anything else, they'll always have alchemy first)
show me where I was being hypocritical?

Edit: for the record, Glenda isn't OP in the same way novas were/are... Novas are stackable with ANYTHING, Glenda is a weapon (can miss and/or be parried) hence the "10% chance" part, btw, just because I plan to use it, doesn't mean I'm being hypocritical... I want it to be removed from UO, just as much as supernova potions and the tactics requirement.

Items, should N E V E R have this much power. I've always said this, it won't change... e v e r.

Last edited:

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am confused where you get 70 dmg from it. Why would anyone have 58 physical resist?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had someone attack me yesterday while in tiger form the entire time, doing 40-50 damage per swing and getting the bleed effect from the tiger form. They were also throwing DP stars/darts as well. With this weapon you don't even need to be out of form to ridiculous damage. It needs the nerf stick.

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lulz...

Glenda basically gives you the ability to spam AI with zero mana cost. I would say it is even stronger than an AI even without the zero mana cost, because it can be combined with Deathstrike and can also be used while in forms.

Not to mention it almost works like being able to toggle specials while casting spells. You can hold Explosion and wait for the weapon hit, which is basically an armor ignore.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Lulz...

Glenda basically gives you the ability to spam AI with zero mana cost. I would say it is even stronger than an AI even without the zero mana cost, because it can be combined with Deathstrike and can also be used while in forms.

Not to mention it almost works like being able to toggle specials while casting spells. You can hold Explosion and wait for the weapon hit, which is basically an armor ignore.
If the 30dmg proc hits you still lose 30mana

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If the 30dmg proc hits you still lose 30mana
i see. nevermind then.

Maybe just make it not activate with DS and also while casting a spell. I still think damage 30-36 damage is too much though. You can do more damage with with this weapon and zero tactics than you can with a ranged Armor Ignore.

Last edited:

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
i see. nevermind then
Yea, it's the auto attack with the 'bone crusher' hit spell. No toggling necessary. I'm surprised he didn't convert it to the disc mace for a garg Higher base dmg. For dexxers it's d-arm and AI. It will most likely be reverted and also toned down. According to bleak while TC it was functioning as intended.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am confused where you get 70 dmg from it. Why would anyone have 58 physical resist?
that was with omen, also the character was in an RPD suit (I'd never be max physical resist in an RPD suit =D) just tested with what I had on TC.

32 (weapon hit) +70 (bone breaker) = 102 damage didn't imbue the weapon. RPD doesn't reflect spells which deal physical damage, but, I didn't expect it to.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, I still don't understand any of that. You are hitting someone with a reflect physical damage suit and 58 phys?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yah, I still don't understand any of that. You are hitting someone with a reflect physical damage suit and 58 phys?
Yea, 58 damage total vs 70*/70/70/70/70 vs Omen+Glenda + same vs auto-attack = reflects with 110% reflect physical 35/32 0/70 vs 44/70/70/70/70, not worth using RPD for this (as expected), since RPD doesn't work with any other "spells" that deal physical damage ie Earth Quake and/or Bombard.

Edit:*

Last edited:

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it sounds like a scenario that will never happen, since no normal person runs around with 58 physical.

Evil omen Glenda hit does 38 + the weapon hit (5)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it sounds like a scenario that will never happen, since no normal person runs around with 58 physical.

Evil omen Glenda hit does 38 + the weapon hit (5)
yea, it won't happen.

it was 70 vs 44 physical resist (proc only), 58 was the highest damage I hit vs all 70s resist with omen.

I was juggling a lot of tasks at the time, my mistake =D

Herp!

Journeyman
I don't see the problem with Bone Breaker at all. Cap the damage at 35 like they had AI capped, done, fixed, end of story. If you wanna complain about something, complain about the capability of doing 30/30-35/35+ double strikes and essentially 2 shotting everyone. Oh wait, I always run with a friend so its just a 1 shot.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't see the problem with Bone Breaker at all. Cap the damage at 35 like they had AI capped, done, fixed, end of story. If you wanna complain about something, complain about the capability of doing 30/30-35/35+ double strikes and essentially 2 shotting everyone. Oh wait, I always run with a friend so its just a 1 shot.
So you don't think it's a problem that it can be combined with Deathstrike to proc at the same time? How about the fact you can use it while in animal form? Or how about the way it mimics the toggling of specials while casting, because it doesn't actually have to be toggled? Or how about the fact you can do more damage with 0 tactics than an Archer with 120 tactics can do with an AI?

:facepalm:

Herp!

Journeyman
So you don't think it's a problem that it can be combined with Deathstrike to proc at the same time? How about the fact you can use it while in animal form? Or how about the way it mimics the toggling of specials while casting, because it doesn't actually have to be toggled? Or how about the fact you can do more damage with 0 tactics than an Archer with 120 tactics can do with an AI?
I do not. Like I said, cap dmg on Bone Breaker like AI is capped. Maybe in addition to that, make bone breaker count as an imbue so the item cannot be imbued further, but do not nerf bone breaker... the hit spell isn't the problem, it's the fact that you can imbue the weapon that already has 5 modifiers to add another hit spell or SC. If people are running around Deathstrike bone breaking, let em, that's not game breaking.

Also, stop playing an archer, it's not our fault that your old 2 shot build is garbage now.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I do not. Like I said, cap dmg on Bone Breaker like AI is capped. Maybe in addition to that, make bone breaker count as an imbue so the item cannot be imbued further, but do not nerf bone breaker... the hit spell isn't the problem, it's the fact that you can imbue the weapon that already has 5 modifiers to add another hit spell or SC. If people are running around Deathstrike bone breaking, let em, that's not game breaking.

Also, stop playing an archer, it's not our fault that your old 2 shot build is garbage now.
I don't play an Archer. I didn't even play one when they were strong.

Herp!

Journeyman
I don't play an Archer. I didn't even play one when they were strong.
Then what's the complaint? Seriously... I do not see any problems with the weapon or the hit spell(that is only on 1 item atm anyway) other than the fact that it can be imbued to have a 6th modifier.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Then what's the complaint? Seriously... I do not see any problems with the weapon or the hit spell(that is only on 1 item atm anyway) other than the fact that it can be imbued to have a 6th modifier.
Just because I don't play an archer doesn't mean I dont want balance in the game. Most people in this thread want the same thing. There was so much time spent on pvp balancing only to be ruined by an OP weapon.

Did you even read the post about the guy who was running around in animal form and Glenda hitting for massive damage while being combined with the bleed effect of Tiger form? That should not happen. There is a reason why weapon specials are not permitted in animal form.

Also the fact remains that Glenda is currently imbuable. Imbue SC on it and now you basically have a weapon that acts like you are toggling Armor Ignore while casting spells.

These are major problems.

Herp!

Journeyman
I see what you are saying, but I don't care still. It's not OP in any way other than the fact that it can be imbued to have 6 modifiers and I stand firmly by that statement. Bone breaker has a 60s internal cooldown for the victim, that's plenty for a balanced fight.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see what you are saying, but I don't care still. It's not OP in any way other than the fact that it can be imbued to have 6 modifiers and I stand firmly by that statement. Bone breaker has a 60s internal cooldown for the victim, that's plenty for a balanced fight.
There is zero cooldown for the extra damage proc

Herp!

Journeyman
There is zero cooldown for the extra damage proc
Then it's not working as intended and should be fixed, similar to how the 6th modifier shouldn't be available and should be retroactively fixed. I apologize for saying it's not OP if it actually is avoiding the internal cooldown it is supposed to have.

True story though, complaining on stratics never fixed anything. Every time I've encountered something I see as OP or broken, I call or email broadsword, talk to them for a while, explain my idea to fix it, and HOLY CRAP they fix it in a hot fix within a week or 2 if it's actually game breaking. They may not do exactly what I say, because I don't always have the mind for complete balance, but they fix it.

For instance, I was able to provoke adds on to Dark Fathers prior to pub 96 and I would get full credit for EVERY person hitting the boss while standing around not doing anything in my luck suit... which put me on top of the damage list... and led to MANY artifacts for other people's hard work. They fixed that ;)

EDIT: I really don't mean to sound pretentious or like a troll, I genuinely think the devs care about us and what we have to say, but I do think that the devs tend to stay away from Stratics because it's "nothing but a bunch of complaints about us being bad at our job"

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't wait until this is fixed, because it always bleeds over into pvm and screws those ppl too....