• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Get ready FOLKS....time to share the wealth...Big Fall Week is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i have only done a fraction of the fallers...marked about 40..but thats probably a quarter at best....didnt bother sitting any of the empty looking ones.....but sat 3 rammed to the gunnels and 3 that looked like normal players with half full chests etc etc ect ....aint got time to do much more or the incline either....as long as the wealth as been spread then all the peole that have been bothered are very happy campers indeed!!!!

will LET U KNOW MY TOTAL hAUL IN week when its finished....pretty ok so far for a little amount of work

as for weasel....maybe now....hhehheheeeee ...certainly not 3 4 5 years ago

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i have only done a fraction of the fallers...marked about 40..but thats probably a quarter at best....didnt bother sitting any of the empty looking ones.....but sat 3 rammed to the gunnels and 3 that looked like normal players with half full chests etc etc ect ....aint got time to do much more or the incline either....as long as the wealth as been spread then all the peole that have been bothered are very happy campers indeed!!!!

will LET U KNOW MY TOTAL hAUL IN week when its finished....pretty ok so far for a little amount of work

as for weasel....maybe now....hhehheheeeee ...certainly not 3 4 5 years ago
Yeah 3 4 5 years ago it was Jack who was the main man for Europa IDOC's, times move on, now its Weasel.

The nice people of Europa are a kind sharing bunch they tell everyone when theres a good IDOC on the go. They even go as far as posting in the Europa boards if thers a good one. So far i see only one post about a good IDOC on the Europa boards and out with that one people are saying they we were all crap. I will take their word over yours any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be nice. There is a pretty decent looking one out near Umbra, in the clearing just past the south bridge that once held Hemi's store.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fel fights these have generated are absolutely epic were talking 40-50 people pvping pking stealthing around man it's been fun

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be nice. There is a pretty decent looking one out near Umbra, in the clearing just past the south bridge that once held Hemi's store.
Aye but its empty, the one east of luna has a few bits and bobs, it may hold better stuff in the chests, but nothing of great value

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye but its empty, the one east of luna has a few bits and bobs, it may hold better stuff in the chests, but nothing of great value
Empty? No it's not. If it was empty I'd not have said "a pretty decent looking one"!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didnt think u were even bothered or interested in the slightest......strange things them pixels....

well tell me the castle doesnt look loaded to the hilt...is that empty too...NO IT IS NOT....theres been plenty rammed to the gunnels with loot!!!!!!!!! the two tram keeps may be good too...we will see....muahhahahaaa

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes its been a great 2 weeks..shame some people dont see it that way....ive seen far more people on europa than ive seen for years.....quite amazing turn out to be fair.........

my blue stealther is looting behind you!!!!!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Empty? No it's not. If it was empty I'd not have said "a pretty decent looking one"!
I seen one there the other day, a small 7x7 tower going IDOC with nothing in it. I thought that's what you were referring to. I didn't actually go and look

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best I've gotten off Napa during this fall, is 2 crimson cinctures and a bag of doom arties. Sadly they were from a friends house that fell. Mixed feelings of happiness/sadness. I don't like seeing so many homes go idoc, its not a good thing.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best I've gotten off Napa during this fall, is 2 crimson cinctures and a bag of doom arties. Sadly they were from a friends house that fell. Mixed feelings of happiness/sadness. I don't like seeing so many homes go idoc, its not a good thing.
Errrrr during the fall...sounds in the past tense.....this is still ongoing!!!! Still a bag of doom arties and a cuople of crimmys aint a bad haul for fre

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big one went Osi...........i had to tell a half dozen folks that were still camping it half hour later...

half the shard was there!!!!!!!! so lots enjoying this......

hehehee fun fun fun for everyone!!!!

Last edited:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I know is all of the shards took a big sigh of relief when they vomited out this complete load of noob crap.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well so far ive bagged 19 x 1-3 year vet rewrds... 7 x over 4 year vet rewards....14 tokens ...a bag full of old xmas stuuf which will make a lot of turn in points and a small bag of tokuna minors with 2 x colour 50 pigments in it.......and an old hairdye bottle...no awesome but not bad for sitting maybe a couple of hours total and doing 2 runs of the shard with my magic runebook set!!!! iam ahappy...more to come as well maybe...still got a lot of runes marked to fall today and tomorrow

Last edited:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing along those lines here other than a bunch of points that i'll never use since i'm not into changing stuff into other colors or wearing useless armor. got some low end runic hammers a couple 1st year rewards some resources. Nothing really that great.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is, when it sounds like he'd rather have the trade off of not having those items for having that player back.
We would all like more players thats what the post is about.....aint gonna stop the houses falling...so get in touch with old freinds b4 they do!!!!!! dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dont start me on shard mergers again......[whatever] :next:

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of loot for me! But I've been camping them all week. Most of the time they drop nothing but trash, of course.

Here's my good stuff:
runebook dye tub and many other tubs
5 potted plants
19 of those yellow crystals that may spawn conjurers garbs
3 sets of ranger armors
raised garden bed deed
guildstone
boatloads of imbuing stuff
ethereal llama
reaper scythe
at least 200 of those red valentine cards
dozens of other giftboxes
red axe from umbra
fur
15 XXX gem jewelry / weddingbands
At least 5 veteran reward statues
8 'costumes'
20 mini houses
3 banner deeds
10 trees/fountains/other heritage deco
3 heritage tokens
9 million in checks
Rubble palm tree
10 other rubble (plants, mushrooms, wall stuff)
Stormgrip
over 500 bad items to unravel

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked those 2 idoc-weeks even if they were exhausting. My reasons:

1: The houses fell on reasonable times, not only 02-05 in the morning, Central European Time. So normal people, family folks and so on could participate.
2: The shard lost alot of houses, but most of them were ugly, empty and blocked space for active players (e.g. players who desperately tried to get a castle for months without being lucky).
3: In most houses there was only crap, but you could find tons of old gifts (e.g. Chrismas Deco, Mini Houses etc.). Hence, a good chance for collectors, newbies and occasional gamers to get their hands on some lovely (but not tooo expensive) pieces.
4: Many returners or newbs participated and had tons of fun. They had the chance to get some start-capital.
5: Much lovely stuff from DF will stay here and the whole community will benefit as soon as it enters trades, shops or other ways of distribution.

What I didn´t like:

1: Very nice houses from former active players fell, some of them highly liked in the community. Did make me sad to lose those people. But they have been away anyways.
2: Had to witness many "graverobbers" trying to get their hands on everything - mostly those terrible x-shard-looters... Folks, don´t you have your own IDOCs at your places? I mean, I can understand when you want to come to our shard to do one or two of them... But almost each and every house 24/7?

Let me please note that I was too slow and too sleepy to be extremely successful. Usually, I was too late, had left for a walk, visited the doctors, was working or played with my child when a house fell. I managed to do - lets say - 8 out of 30 houses. And when it fell, I hardly got more than 2-3 boxes and some deeds... There are more professional people, faster people - and they deserve it as this is HARD work... Waiting hours, noting times, being concentrated, coordinating... Respect for this...

My results are like this (round about):

20 Mini House Deeds
20 Heritage Tokens or Deeds (Trees etc.)
20 Christmas Boxes from different years
40 Minor Arties (Paragon, ML...)
2-3 Doom Arties
20 rather common rubbles, 3-5 more rare ones
6 Clothng Bless Deeds for certain named people
1 Statue Maker (COOOL!)
10-15 Anniversary Tickets (for Mannequins, Display Cases etc)
Clean-Up-Stuff (Earrings, Suits, Deeds)

Altogether around 1 Mio Clean-Up Points

Other Stuff I forgot...

But best of it all: A nice Drachenfelsian who witnessed some houses falling showed me the spot and I was able to place a Castle... This was the best thing for me... And a good friend of mine could place his own castle right in front of some scripters! We were extremely lucky and had a nice party! Our first castles ever!

So, there have been far more successful people. But it was a hell of a week, it was so much fun and it cleaned up some really messy places on our shard.

Thanks for giving us this opportunity!

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I liked those 2 idoc-weeks even if they were exhausting.
Eaerendil, it ain't over yet... still more houses on Drachenfels to find which will fall in the next couple of days... *hint* ;)
I totally agree, it is somehow exhausting.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I know. But I have to work again and cannot spend all the night... But thanks for the hin!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definately not over.... i have 1 and a 1/2 runebook full on tram and felluca only still decaying ...and some are fresh decayers so there may even be more to come!!!! ....god noes whats happenig in malas/tokuna.....jeeze!!! its crazy...this is going maybe into a third week!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like i say

we cant stop them falling.........as a idocer general...id say weve only seen half whats going to fall..i can foresee at least the same again with houses i know for 3-4-5 years thats never used.....we will see...maybe 2 more weeks???

HOWEVER ....we can try get in touch with olde freinds to reactivate!!!

SO.......Padriac of [Hlp] were are you....the soulstone graveyard is falling down!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I estimate that only between one quarter and one third of RTB houses have so far started to decay.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my and some friends RTB houses I know about (approx. 20) only 3 are untouched now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious..........

The Great Lakes Trammel Skara town Castle as gotta take some beating from last night ???

Packed to the gunnels with loot too...alas whens there 200 folks there even packed the rafters houses loot dont last long!!!!! not my best haul in anyway...half dozen 4/5th year vet rewards....just the huge castle vanishing in thin air takes ya breathe away evertime......and again when it reappears 30 minutes or so later...someone as just got a brand new castle

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my gut feeling tells me on my shard anyways ..theres still a lot of house that i beleve to be un-used for years RTBs ..only time will tell i guess but i think about 50% have fell...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me it did not disappear, the walls did hinder me to walk to get anything as many of the others started the run. Had to close the client completely.

On a house on Drach I snatched a bucket, containing several more buckets, 8 Ethies and 12 mill in checks.

Last edited:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only 'best' as it effected me personally. 18x18 next door to my main house, It's been empty for easily 5-6 years. Finally fell, and I placed. :D

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Definatly the one i got a tray and an old crystal ball from, sounds weired maybe but i love those super old items from the 90tees - even it has not much in-game value, it has sentimental value for me..i rather take old items from the 90tees than any other EM item etc anytime...much more history into them ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My god if I typed out all the stuff I've gotten.... lets see:

20 bottle of Pigments of Tokuno (at least)
12 or more vet rewards not including the cloaks and robes
15 or more vet cloaks and or robes
3 to 5 Ethy mounts
5 or more potted plants including 2 trees
12 or more heritage token items
1 ask and answer ball

A bag full of artifacts, mini-artifacts and such to include 1 ornament of the magician, 1 hat of the Magi, 1 crystaline ring, 4 or 5 various shields, armor of fortune, Keonen's armor, leggings of bane, bracelet of health, no less than 3 Fey Leggins at least 1 human, the gypsy headress, a spirit of the totem, various weapons of many varieties...

Got I don't know how many bottles of pink champagne, the gobblets that also came with those, dozens of Xmas items from years past, no less than 40 various Age of Shadows items, which include roses, sandals, dresses, sashes, aprons, etc... at least 15 Whispering Roses. A few personally blessed items, countless [Exceptional] exceptional items.... a few [Exceptional] Runebooks... a conjuerers trinket, a conjuerers grimiour [?sp?], numerous deeds from the Evil Item Decor tokens, countless reagents both ML, and SA....

Dozens of Item ID wands, staffs, and such, at least 50 or more "charged items" including rings, bracelets, necklaces, boots, cloaks and such...

One Keep I placed! Hurray for me!!!!!!

However more important than any pixels I have acquired I got to spend countless hours with friends.... playing UO talking and planning and enjoying our time together....

Oh and I got to kill a few noob shard jumping scum who are trying to make off with GL's treasures by killing them no less than 2x with a Harbringer..... GET OFF my shard and go loot your own! I am trying to save the history of GL's......While you are more than likely throwing bits and pieces of it in the trash.

More than all the stuff I've gotten the things that meant most were the 20 or more books I've found from various persons on the shard who are long gone but not forgotten....Stories of years gone by...

I watched one house fall that I knew belonged to a fellow who I know died IRL about a month or so ago.... so looting his house was especially sad..... but I managed to save at least a couple of his things which bear his name... They will be preserved and hopefully given to members of his guild who are still with us. Perhaps they will be able to build him a memorial.

How many homes have fallen from those long lost but not forgotten one can not say.... but finding a few things that bear the names of those who are remembered has been very nice.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Noithing worth talking about. It's stunning the amount of land that is just sitting around, yes I'm mostly napa but even that was once a full shard :(

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well nothing of value to most, but I picked up a few well written player books for my library. That made my day and I think it's a nice tribute to those who have left the game.

It's stunning the amount of land that is just sitting around, yes I'm mostly napa but even that was once a full shard :(
Yes, very scary, very mixed emotions. They could all but close down the land of Malas on Catskills. I didn't think it was going to be that much when I did my first run around the shard, but I'm seeing more and more houses beginning to decay. Love the green space but this is a bit much. Wonder how many small houses are actually owned by active players - guess we'll know soon.

And this just in...

This situation just hit a bit closer to home for me. I've been sitting at this current IDOC for a few hours and only now noticed that the owner was someone I used to game with many years ago. *sighs* Hope I can grab something from the house that has something of hers to remember her by.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we cant stop them falling...this is what the UO public wanted/ were asking for......may as well share the rollercoaster ride stories

Come on 3 castles and 2 luna fallers on fuller shard like GL!!!....... any of those would be in this post !!!

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we cant stop them falling...this is what the UO public wanted/ were asking for......may as well share the rollercoaster ride stories

Come on 3 castles and 2 luna fallers on fuller shard like GL!!!....... any of those would be in this post !!!
Two of the castles that fell in the last two days were a bust, clearly emptied before letting account go un-subbed.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two of the castles that fell in the last two days were a bust, clearly emptied before letting account go un-subbed.
more likey the owners hoped they would stay RTB bugged forever and took that chance....not paying... they probably stood free for a few years at least...and the castle in skara yesterday was jam packed....if u blinked u would have missed the loot on the floor...200 players clear up pretty quick!!!

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
into week 3.........still decaying......still time to get in touch by hook or by crook with olde freinds to return b4 its too late

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more likey the owners hoped they would stay RTB bugged forever and took that chance....not paying... they probably stood free for a few years at least...and the castle in skara yesterday was jam packed....if u blinked u would have missed the loot on the floor...200 players clear up pretty quick!!!
I had to skip out on the Skara castle, woulda loved to have been there, trying to hard to place a castle but I hurt my back in RL yesterday and fell, ended up calling it an early night and passing out. Missed a few good IDOC's. Needless to say, im still in pain but back to my IDOC's today!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ATL castle a few minutes ago was packed..got a box of ethys and old charge items..then I froze and crashed lol..so missed everything else lol

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I'm not complaining - it drives me nuts seeing all these homes and no players. It's an improvement seeing the homes reflect the player base, but startling! It would be interesting to know how many actual homes are on your shard and how many of those belong to unique accounts. I'm betting the number would be tiny on some shards.

For me loot wise...got a bunch of player written books (I know, no real value but I like them), a complete snow globe collection, vet rewards, etc - nothing game-changing so far

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm gonna wait for the fallout a few months from now when Xsharders trying to sell homes to us realize that no one is going to pay outrageous prices anymore and we all wait for them to get tired of paying for an account holding a house on a shard they don't pay for..... to drop them and leave.

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not much in terms of items. But the real score is when the tower next to me fell. Not a single item in it, but it allowed me to drop my Keep and place my Castle. 13 Years of playing and I finally got my first Castle!
What I've been noticing, at least on Catskills, is there's still not a lot of available land on Trammel as I thought there would be. It appears most people are placing and/or upgrading to Keeps and Castles where smaller RTB houses use to be. But Malas is quickly becoming green acres.
I, for one, am very interested in seeing what the land looks like after a few weeks go by.

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I've been noticing, at least on Catskills, is there's still not a lot of available land on Trammel as I thought there would be.
On LS, the areas near the main cities are more-or-less occupied... but once you get away from that and into the wild, it thins out pretty quick. Malas is getting pretty empty outside of the area adjacent to Luna.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i remember when malas came with aos and getting a house there was even hard

Status
Not open for further replies.