• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Get ready FOLKS....time to share the wealth...Big Fall Week is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not much in terms of items. But the real score is when the tower next to me fell. Not a single item in it, but it allowed me to drop my Keep and place my Castle. 13 Years of playing and I finally got my first Castle!
What I've been noticing, at least on Catskills, is there's still not a lot of available land on Trammel as I thought there would be. It appears most people are placing and/or upgrading to Keeps and Castles where smaller RTB houses use to be. But Malas is quickly becoming green acres.
I, for one, am very interested in seeing what the land looks like after a few weeks go by.
placing a castle is always gonna be awesome

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Last night I was at a very heavily camped IDOC and when it fell I guess every single person there went after the vet reward cannons that were placed on the front porch.. I grabbed a few nice pieces of rubble (2 tapesteries, a garbage pile, and a couple others) and picked up a gift box and inside it had two full soulstone tokens. Those are always useful. So overall it was a nice grab

BG

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a little bird tells me an atlantic castle fell last night..that must have been awesome..???and surely someone got very lucky replacing it??

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh well seems everyone likes to keep them quiet even after theve fell.........guess theres been so many its hard for people to priortize..thought one out of 300 people at the atlantic castle would have commented

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondered like many others have/are....is it done manually by the gms or have u got some software sorting it...by age/use......only deffo lots of RTBs still around....How long is this gona take?? qustions questons...LOL

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, nothing special at all, but four little points:

1. I love Christmas Deco and missed some through the years because of UO-breaks (career, marriage, children, ya know...). This RTB-Idocs contained quite alot Gift-Boxes and I was very lucky to get TONS. In addition, I wasn´t able to gather many Clean-Up Points through the last years. So I kept the nicest Deco and was able to collect alot points...

2. ...which allowed me to get further deco, I needed for my CASTLE... Being able to place a Castle on DF (which had no free castle-spots) is the second point. Many of these houses blocked interesting spots for active players. So, thats the best side-effect in my opinion. It was awesome: Me and my guildmate were able to both place a Castle on the same day! Never forget that day. And I am decorating since about one week now with IDOC-loot. LOVE it!

3. A certain night some days ago I couldn´t sleep because of a headache and I sat infront of my PC at about 03.30 in the morning. Lucky me, a keep I was watching fell in the very moment. The keep contained 4 bags and 5 people were around (including me). So, not THAT good chances, as I am quite slow... But I was able to grab two bags. Yehaw! First bag: Completely empty except two fishing poles. Second bag: One piece of Easter Deco and 60 million pieces of Gold. I laughed my butt off, because usually I get two bags of poles or crap... So, that was a really funny night!

4. Some new players returned in the last year to DF and joined our guild. They had a hell of a time during the last weeks because almost everything they could get from the IDOCs was special in some way to them... They definitely can use leather, ingots, old armor pieces, ML-minor-arties, Clean-up-stuff, rubble... We had some funny parties here at DF and I feel that people enjoyed the time.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, nothing special at all, but four little points:

1. I love Christmas Deco and missed some through the years because of UO-breaks (career, marriage, children, ya know...). This RTB-Idocs contained quite alot Gift-Boxes and I was very lucky to get TONS. In addition, I wasn´t able to gather many Clean-Up Points through the last years. So I kept the nicest Deco and was able to collect alot points...

2. ...which allowed me to get further deco, I needed for my CASTLE... Being able to place a Castle on DF (which had no free castle-spots) is the second point. Many of these houses blocked interesting spots for active players. So, thats the best side-effect in my opinion. It was awesome: Me and my guildmate were able to both place a Castle on the same day! Never forget that day. And I am decorating since about one week now with IDOC-loot. LOVE it!

3. A certain night some days ago I couldn´t sleep because of a headache and I sat infront of my PC at about 03.30 in the morning. Lucky me, a keep I was watching fell in the very moment. The keep contained 4 bags and 5 people were around (including me). So, not THAT good chances, as I am quite slow... But I was able to grab two bags. Yehaw! First bag: Completely empty except two fishing poles. Second bag: One piece of Easter Deco and 60 million pieces of Gold. I laughed my butt off, because usually I get two bags of poles or crap... So, that was a really funny night!

4. Some new players returned in the last year to DF and joined our guild. They had a hell of a time during the last weeks because almost everything they could get from the IDOCs was special in some way to them... They definitely can use leather, ingots, old armor pieces, ML-minor-arties, Clean-up-stuff, rubble... We had some funny parties here at DF and I feel that people enjoyed the time.

You should hae said you were looking for a castle on DF i have 2 on DF and one of them is sitting there unused. I would have given it free, the account its on is closed

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eric: Great!
Winker: Damn! If I had known this... Hehe. However, it´s a nice feeling to place your own one ;-)

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I scored 102 million total in 1 mil checks in a bag, 3 crimson cinctures and a conjurer's trinket at an idoc last night.

Last edited:

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Different things are valuable to different people... Last night I came across the remnants of an IDOC, and someone had left behind a complete collection of live plants - which will save me hours of killing boglings, shopping for seeds, and tons of time and reagents raising and crossing the plants.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Derek, same here: Some people didn´t understand why I was so happy that I got some Creeping Vines, Rustic Benches, Stag Deeds, Poppies Dust. But I really was happy that many IDOCers don´t care for that stuff so that I can collect it all up and use it for decorating my houses. Sometimes, a 7x7 with some deco is more fun to loot than a keep full with treasures (especially, when I am alone there...) ;-)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As empty as a lot of shards are becoming you can only hope there isn't many more lol

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrugs* The shards are no more empty or full with out the unused and unpaid for houses. Houses do not count, subscriptions do.
They more accurately reflect the current player base now though, which makes it look emptier.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, but several of these houses have been pieces of art, which are now lost for all of us forever.
And it feels not right, if you cross several screens of green acres in Malas without even one house. And if you suddenly see one, its often enough Slightly worn :frown2:

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They more accurately reflect the current player base now though, which makes it look emptier.
I think about games like Dark Age Of Camelot that are older and are pay to play and wonder if they are like UO. Does it feel that the population is dead or dying. I wonder if UO will be around in 10 years so i can get the 15 anniversary stuff.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think about games like Dark Age Of Camelot that are older and are pay to play and wonder if they are like UO. Does it feel that the population is dead or dying. I wonder if UO will be around in 10 years so i can get the 15 anniversary stuff.
My cat like senses predict no. Not while the Bioware/EA/Mythic machine is running the show.

Last edited:

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People have been talking about the "Death of UO" for 13 years know.

If I remember correctly UO:R ruined UO and it will be dead with in 6 months of the release.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That might just happen if EA can figure out what brought you here so recently and then how to duplicate that about a half a million times.
What brought me back I think it was a total burn out of playing WoW and just looking for something different. I like that UO is not level based. I like the housing. I like the people. ♥ the guild. I like the look and feel of the game overall.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best part of UO is that I can log in here and almost always find something to do that fits the mood I am in. It's more than just monster bashing. :)
There is much more do do then monster bashing :) I've been taking a liking to crafting :) and wondering around aimlessly.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondered like many others have/are....is it done manually by the gms or have u got some software sorting it...by age/use......only deffo lots of RTBs still around....How long is this gona take?? qustions questons...LOL
Devs wiil return to work Jan 22, 2013.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh yes silly me they wont work weekends...so are they deffo doing this manually

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies finding loads again.. talking to other idocers [of olde] we reckon we just hit about half way in this process

..i will say it again... u guys/gals wished this/pleaded this.....well... here it is.....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow so secrets...iam talking sharing the fall experiance after..not naming them b4 they fall......wow...and i mean wow.... iam seeing 20-30 people a drop on a low popuation shard like europa ....and 200-300 on atlantic...so nobody wants to comment....

guys/gals ..... its no longer a secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALF YOUR SHARDS HOUSING IS GONNA FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well managed to bag a awesome brand new trammel keep on the road.....was simply 2 plots....so iam kinda happy with myself at the mo...

ush ush...keep it under the hat... dont want any more peeps at them do we......[whatever]

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HALF WAY?? anyone think different....maybe a couple weeks more yet of this.....seems to be the general thought in the older idoc circle were lots who actually admit having RTBs say they still ok...or half have decayed etc etc ..... as opposed to the ''secret people that owned them in the 1000s '' ....... that have already fallen across the shards....wit more to come

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and it getting very frightening indeed.. just pulled 3/4s of a runebook full of fresh fallers.......OMG..... i kinda thought well over half of the house were bugged on every shard ... soooooo maybe its a lot lot more..........

Last edited:

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to be a downer, cuz i love idocs as well, but.... do we really need like 4-5 threads started by the same person covering pretty much the exact same thing?

could a mod merge them or something? kinda annoying having uhall clogged with one person posting the same thing in 4-5 threads

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to be a downer, cuz i love idocs as well, but.... do we really need like 4-5 threads started by the same person covering pretty much the exact same thing?

could a mod merge them or something? kinda annoying having uhall clogged with one person posting the same thing in 4-5 threads

Totally agree 110% To many threads with him saying the same thing over and over.

Mods please merge them or close some of them. The one thread that says contact your friends one, wel if nobody has by now these people are SOL. IMO that one can be closed. Its clogging up Uhall like a backed up toilet.

THP quit making so many threads on the same subject but different titles.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im having fun finding idocs collecting crap,why should the stuff sit in boxes......

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too many RTB threads.......woooooooooooot !!!!! its kinda the hot topic at the mo!!!

although methinks a lot of people would have rather have kept it ...shall we say under the radar....[whatever]

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too many RTB threads.......woooooooooooot !!!!! its kinda the hot topic at the mo!!!

although methinks a lot of people would have rather have kept it ...shall we say under the radar....[whatever]
It may be a hot topic but I don't think 4 posts about it (all made by you) on the front page are really necessary.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ehh you made ALL the threads, how does it make it a hot topic? And youre the one trying to keep all the 4 threads alive...

csagent108

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, but several of these houses have been pieces of art, which are now lost for all of us forever.
And it feels not right, if you cross several screens of green acres in Malas without even one house. And if you suddenly see one, its often enough Slightly worn :frown2:
I know how you feel. I mean this is definitely necessary/needed/wanted and it's great people are having fun with it. But, it sort of scares me to see all this space just open up. For some reason I've always felt that UO will last forever. This is the first time I've had the thought linger in my mind that it might not. Well I guess it doesn't matter because my account has been paid for over 14 years (even when I don't play for years) and they will continue to be paid until either I kick the bucket or the fat lady sings. Long Live UO.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad they fixed this mechanics issue. I am at a bit of a loss as to how I feel about the game, and its dev team that would make this change without any kind of an announcement. Yep, any losses I have experienced are my very own fault. And that does not make it sting any less.

On the sunny side, I don't have to worry about getting stuff to some shards in support of developing characters, and I no longer have to worry about what a reward for players affected by the Atl revert looks like.

Nothing on the patcher, no email, no official note of any kind, anywhere, that I can find.

Thinking on this for a few moments beyond the initial reaction has me doubting whether or not I actually care. I'm not sure that is a good thing.

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad they fixed this mechanics issue. I am at a bit of a loss as to how I feel about the game, and its dev team that would make this change without any kind of an announcement. Nothing on the patcher, no email, no official note of any kind, anywhere, that I can find.
I'm trying to figure out what change you're talking about. That they decided to make free houses go away?

Yep, any losses I have experienced are my very own fault.
Yet you still dance around trying to imply it's the Dev's fault without coming right out and saying so.

Reactions: Vor

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehh you made ALL the threads, how does it make it a hot topic? And youre the one trying to keep all the 4 threads alive...
bumps!!!! and this is not the hottest topic at the moment...theres 200-300 people at idocs at atlantic..100s on GLs and even europas getting 20-30 at the best ones..

think we can safely assume its a vey very hot topic indeed..........

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bumps!!!! and this is not the hottest topic at the moment...theres 200-300 people at idocs at atlantic..100s on GLs and even europas getting 20-30 at the best ones..

think we can safely assume its a vey very hot topic indeed..........
Less so now that all the threads are merged into one.

Free bump for you. :thumbsup:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:facepalm: Why not give it a rest !!!! THIS IS THE HOT TOPIC BOTH ON BOARDS AND EVEN MORE SO INGAME!!!

Either join in with ''half'' the shard .....half the UO population......or keep away [end].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.