• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) @FrejaSP & anyone agreeing with her opinions:

• Thread starter Førsaken
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
A

Arden

Drax, what is best for siege? You tell me your opinion and reasoning. Most of the posters on this forum have picked some sort of side and did their best to pull others to their way of thinking. You have done nothing but play devil's advocate (a bad one at that).

So I will ask you twice, because I do KNOW your style, and it is to avoid the question, throw in a personal attack, and tell me I love your style...

What is best for siege, Drax?

V

Vaelix

Drax, what is best for siege? You tell me your opinion and reasoning. Most of the posters on this forum have picked some sort of side and did their best to pull others to their way of thinking. You have done nothing but play devil's advocate (a bad one at that).

So I will ask you twice, because I do KNOW your style, and it is to avoid the question, throw in a personal attack, and tell me I love your style...

The Introduction of Easier to Obtain Arties for Any player (Factions and Non Factions alike)

Yes Im not Drax, but that is *Exactly* what siege needs.

A

Arden

The Introduction of Easier to Obtain Arties for Any player (Factions and Non Factions alike)

Yes Im not Drax, but that is *Exactly* what siege needs.
Quick thoughts...Based on some U.Hall Reading and my opinion! This would be a larger over scale though :( not a quick fix.

1) Revamp - "artifact level" to better match actual usability - IE Gold Bricks - Orny 10 (all made up numbers)

2) All monsters (and chests etc) that drop artifacts, should have a chance to drop all artifacts

3) Change of each artifact to drop off all monsters increased

4) Chance of which artifact being dropped based on revamped "artifact level" - IE Gold bricks 10% chance, Orny 1% (all made up numbers)

5) Harder monsters give better chance of dropping artifacts (IE doom or peerless etc).

6) Return of artifact turn ins. Larger scale, and use point system based on revamped "artifact level" where orny's can be exchanged for gold bricks and visa versa.

7) Removal of faction artifacts.

Quick fix???

Increase all artifact drops, remove faction artifacts, BUT allow factioners some sort of plus. Being perma flagged should have some sort of reward. Something as simple blessed clothing with resists on it.

I think the reward for factioners right now far outweights the risk. Before a bonded horse you can rez with no vet/lore was more than enough to make people go factions. Now you get artifacts for the same risk.

Sorry bit of a long post

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick thoughts...Based on some U.Hall Reading and my opinion! This would be a larger over scale though :( not a quick fix.

1) Revamp - "artifact level" to better match actual usability - IE Gold Bricks - Orny 10 (all made up numbers)

2) All monsters (and chests etc) that drop artifacts, should have a chance to drop all artifacts

3) Change of each artifact to drop off all monsters increased

4) Chance of which artifact being dropped based on revamped "artifact level" - IE Gold bricks 10% chance, Orny 1% (all made up numbers)

5) Harder monsters give better chance of dropping artifacts (IE doom or peerless etc).

6) Return of artifact turn ins. Larger scale, and use point system based on revamped "artifact level" where orny's can be exchanged for gold bricks and visa versa.

7) Removal of faction artifacts.

Quick fix???

Increase all artifact drops, remove faction artifacts, BUT allow factioners some sort of plus. Being perma flagged should have some sort of reward. Something as simple blessed clothing with resists on it.

I think the reward for factioners right now far outweights the risk. Before a bonded horse you can rez with no vet/lore was more than enough to make people go factions. Now you get artifacts for the same risk.

Sorry bit of a long post
For once in your life common sense is coming out of your mouth instead of babies...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I love seeing how much people have to make up just to talk a little bit of **** to me. At least you're asking an honest question.

In my opinion:

-Lower silver costs to prodo level
-Boost <named> loot drops (whether ingredients or artifacts or ML arties or whatever.)
-Turn ToTs on permanently
-Passive Detect or remove timer from detect hidden skill
-Removed [blessed] property from blessed event items
-Remove recall from faction runes and fix ranking system (just stop counting the inactives like crunch says.)

Pretty much the same thing Forsaken, Vaelix and others would say.

After all, had you actually read the posts on this-you would have already known that.

BTW - I read your post and for being gone for how many years? I find it funny you say the benefits far outweigh the risks. The differences in non-faction/faction suits are pretty minimal (you easy hit cap in all the key mods) if you actually have access to the gear. Whether it's faction or non-faction. Clothing with added resists is almost the same thing... doing that will again make it easier to piece together a better suit aka the whole point of the minor buffs to the pieces. Oh and I wonder how useful faction horses have been to gargoyles or ninjas. hmmm.

A

Arden

I love seeing how much people have to make up just to talk a little bit of **** to me. At least you're asking an honest question.

In my opinion:

-Lower silver costs to prodo level
-Boost <named> loot drops (whether ingredients or artifacts or ML arties or whatever.)
-Turn ToTs on permanently
-Passive Detect or remove timer from detect hidden skill
-Removed [blessed] property from blessed event items
-Remove recall from faction runes and fix ranking system (just stop counting the inactives like crunch says.)

Pretty much the same thing Forsaken, Vaelix and others would say.

After all, had you actually read the posts on this-you would have already known that.

BTW - I read your post and for being gone for how many years? I find it funny you say the benefits far outweigh the risks. The differences in non-faction/faction suits are pretty minimal (you easy hit cap in all the key mods) if you actually have access to the gear. Whether it's faction or non-faction. Clothing with added resists is almost the same thing... doing that will again make it easier to piece together a better suit aka the whole point of the minor buffs to the pieces. Oh and I wonder how useful faction horses have been to gargoyles or ninjas. hmmm.
I played factions when we had blessed gear. And even I knew that was ridiculous. I also played factions when we lost the blessed gear and only had faction horses. That meant I was using Barbed runics, unblessed Doom artifacts, and farmed monster loot that took hours on end to get. Replacing a suit of armor, too way more work than sitting afk collecting silver like it does now. Yet even you admit the suits now are better (even if slight). AND EVEN THEN I felt the benefits were good. Monster ignore, Faction horse, Fight anywhere, etc. Now you get awesome gear at the cost of not even being at your computer.

Now maybe if we made faction gear drop off monsters for factioners only? That might even do it. Buying your gear for silver is ********. Ive caught so many people AFK farming since I've been back its ridiculous. Its far worse than it was before.

And Im sorry Drax, but from reading the posts, over the last few years Ive been away, it seems youve played this game as much as I have. Sitting in guardzone spaming "you love my style" is not playing siege. You didn't even play this game when I was playing, you ran around pretending to be a pvp'r asking how to play templates.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played factions when we had blessed gear. And even I knew that was ridiculous. I also played factions when we lost the blessed gear and only had faction horses. That meant I was using Barbed runics, unblessed Doom artifacts, and farmed monster loot that took hours on end to get. Replacing a suit of armor, too way more work than sitting afk collecting silver like it does now. Yet even you admit the suits now are better (even if slight). AND EVEN THEN I felt the benefits were good. Monster ignore, Faction horse, Fight anywhere, etc. Now you get awesome gear at the cost of not even being at your computer.

Now maybe if we made faction gear drop off monsters for factioners only? That might even do it. Buying your gear for silver is ********. Ive caught so many people AFK farming since I've been back its ridiculous. Its far worse than it was before.

And Im sorry Drax, but from reading the posts, over the last few years Ive been away, it seems youve played this game as much as I have. Sitting in guardzone spaming "you love my style" is not playing siege. You didn't even play this game when I was playing, you ran around pretending to be a pvp'r asking how to play templates.
It always did bother you that you weren't better than me. It always did bother me that you couldn't pvp unless you were gimping it up.

Sorry.

Nice story though.

A

Arden

It always did bother you that you weren't better than me. It always did bother me that you couldn't pvp unless you were gimping it up.

Sorry.

Nice story though.
When was any of this true? lol