• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) @FrejaSP & anyone agreeing with her opinions:

• Thread starter Førsaken
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You remind me of the kid at the back of the class who used to raise his hand and say stupid **** all the time to the teacher. Do stupid things to get the attention of other kids. Got picked on because he was awkward. Got made fun of because he had no friends and didn't get why he didn't.
LOL did you look in a mirror? That's how I feel about you and why I rarely want to waste my time argue with you. :lol:
:lol:

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kael's post make every bit of sense, no I don't want insurance on siege but I also don't like the faction gear being marked with names on them cause that too is just another form of insurance. So yes Kael's way would give the same result minus the headache of having to drop the items on vendors and would also save a lot of grief that's bound to happen. But for now I think Sakie's proposal is our best bet imo and hope the dev do eventually step in and make some changes.

FYI: I'm both red and in factions.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You remind me of the kid at the back of the class who used to raise his hand and say stupid **** all the time to the teacher. Do stupid things to get the attention of other kids. Got picked on because he was awkward. Got made fun of because he had no friends and didn't get why he didn't.
LOL did you look in a mirror? That's how I feel about you and why I rarely want to waste my time argue with you. :lol:
I have no friends? :(

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My proposal for faction buy backs is not a cry, nor meant to come off as one. Let me be clear when saying this:

-Siege Perilous/Ultima Online was given expansions just like any other game out there on the market.

-With expansions, comes new items, new skills, new pets, new monsters, new lands, etc. With this comes new templates.

-This makes Ultima Online an item dependent game. It's always been that way and will only get worse unless you learn to adapt.

-Mystic/EA offered ways to try many new template variations, to peak interest of their current and dwindling player base.

-Not all will like these changes, but you must learn to adapt and know when to speak out about what needs to go or change/nerfed.

So, with that, I say you honestly need to adapt or move over to UHall and join the band wagon on getting a Classic Server back. I gave suggestions that will keep UO in its current form (instead of slapping them in the face like you and others constantly do with being so unhappy with their ideas such as faction artifacts).

If you can't understand yet, that with:

-Lowering faction cost
-Removing player name tag off faction items
-Removing hero/evil dyed system
-Re-implementing; Cursed Arties, Marties, ToTs at an accelerated drop rate
-Revamp loot/luck system

You'll get a better, more populated Siege Perilous, then shame on you for being so thick headed.

On a side note, I had another idea;

-Require 90 Tactics to use a bola !!!
i thought this was well said and i agree with it completely

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thanks on the insurance bit, but more and more I am thinking that the faction arties just need to be removed. I was against them at first, but then came around to the idea some, but as long as there are increased arty drops, that solves the cost to equip problem across the board for everyone.

And seriously... buying cheap, over-powered arties from a vending machine? Thats a pretty pathetic thing to ask for. Talk about wanting an "easy button"!

V

Vaelix

-Re-implementing; Cursed Arties, Marties, ToTs at an accelerated drop rate(Forsaken) I agree with this (Freja) You agree with this because it impacts your gear availability, however faction arties, because you, and others, do not want the *Risk* of being in factions, but what do however, want the *Reward* of high end gear availability, this seems hypocritical, I do agree with Re-implementing these arties 100%, but the Reason the Faction arties are stronger is because they have associated *Risk* that you do not.(Vaelix)

Sure factioners can be attacked everywhere of other factions, however a non factions red, can be attacked everywhere of everyone so that BS about Risk vs Reward do not make sense at all.

This right here is Exactly where you show that you are not a Pvper.

To think that Being Freely Attackable (No Guards) and Having Stat Loss as risk of Being in Factions.

If you Remember my previous posts.. The Red Example is EXACTLY WHY *I* dont want to get rid of factions, My Pvpers are red and basically the whole game works against non factions Reds, Yes its BS that Non Faction Reds don't really have Any thing you can say is an advantage, However, You can run factions and negate basically all the drawbacks.

Here's what Im guessing..

You almost never PvP, so when someone uses a PvP Example, You picture Two players out in the Middle of no where fighting.

*Heres the Crucial Part* I'd say 90% Of my Fights on Siege were in an Area that *IF NON FACTION* Guard Zone could of Basically been the difference between winning and losing. Having the Factions Orange tag and Not having to worry about guardzone in PvP is *WHY* I am factions. The arties, Obviously, is another reason to be in factions, However, Taking the guardzone out of PvP Is basically the Best thing Faction Offers *IMO*

The Risk Vs Reward isnt Out in the middle of no where where There is no Guardzone to hide behide, Its the Fact that, We cannot use guardzone Ever (And 90% of PVP can be Affected By GZ usually) and When we die, its stat, And thats 20 Mins out, Where as, I could easily build 3 Suits, Be non Factions, Die, Suit back up, and be there in 5 minutes.

Having Statloss is also amazing when doing spawsns, come to prodo, Spawns are an ass, because people always bring regular blues, and either You Kill them and Become Red and Ruin yourself, Or you sit there and Protect them pissed.

V

Vaelix

And seriously... buying cheap, over-powered arties from a vending machine? Thats a pretty pathetic thing to ask for. Talk about wanting an "easy button"!
Hey, Didn't i Just explain this?

*New System Goes In*

-Hey Im Factions I stand at Serps for 2 Hours and Farm for Arties-
-Hey I'm Non Factions I stand at Swoop for 2 Hours and Farm Arties-

Strange.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja doesn't need to PvP on a regular basis, nor does she need to be in factions in order to have her opinions and post them. Arguing otherwise, is just asinine.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, Didn't i Just explain this?

*New System Goes In*

-Hey Im Factions I stand at Serps for 2 Hours and Farm for Arties-
-Hey I'm Non Factions I stand at Swoop for 2 Hours and Farm Arties-

Strange.
I suppose where you farm would depend on what type of arties you need. Thats not such a strange concept.

V

Vaelix

Btw, Overpowered.. Im Pvping on Prodo Non Factions just fine, and I posted this before so I'll do it again..

*This is on Siege*
*It was not hard to make*
*My OverAll Stats are More than Enough for PvP against factions*
*It is Non Faction*

V

Vaelix

I suppose where you farm would depend on what type of arties you need. Thats not such a strange concept.
Heres the Weird Part, From your Perspective its...

Farming Serps for 2 Hours *Factions* <- (You) No thats overpowered!
Farming Miasma for 2 Hours *Non* <- (You) No we want that!

Hypocritical.

We want Our faction arties and have no probelm with you getting your Non faction arties.

You want your non faction arties, but do not want us to get our faction arties.

*You being the general for those against faction arties*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres the Weird Part, From your Perspective its...

Farming Serps for 2 Hours *Factions* <- (You) No thats overpowered!
Farming for 2 hours is not what would be overpowered. Its 1. The fact that the faction arties themselves are overpowerd and 2. Asking for cheap, overpowered faction artifacts from a vending machine is just pathetic.
Farming Miasma for 2 Hours *Non* <- (You) No we want that!

Hypocritical.
I never said anything about Miasma or farming for 2 hours. I can only guess which orifice you pulled that one from.

We want Our faction arties and have no probelm with you getting your Non faction arties.
You want them cheap, from a vending machine and you want the advantage of the higher buffs ON TOP OF the fact that you want them to be cheap and easy to get.

I call that pathetic.

You want your non faction arties, but do not want us to get our faction arties.
First of all... I AM in factions, so I could use either one. I am not asking for anything for me specifically. Having said that, non-faction arties, cursed or otherwise, solves the cost to equip issue for everyone. It would help the shard as a whole and there is no good reason for you to be against it.

*You being the general for those against faction arties*
I'll take a stab in the dark here and presume you pulled this right out of your ass.

V

Vaelix

Kat in the NON Faction Suit i Just posted, I can fight every single Faction player in your Guild (Tamers Exculded) and Do just fine, Why is it that Against me your Faction Arties arnt over powered, But when Its Us against you, They suddendly are overpowered.

No Im not saying that when you use them -You- are saying that they are not overpowered, what im saying is..

When Im fighting you, No your Faction arties are not what makes the fight if i Suit up good in Non Factions, I dont see them as overpowered against me.

But when Your fighting Us, Our faction suits are what make the difference and are overpowered in your Eyes.

Do you kinda see how that doesn't sync up?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat in the NON Faction Suit i Just posted, I can fight every single Faction player in your Guild (Tamers Exculded) and Do just fine, Why is it that Against me your Faction Arties arnt over powered, But when Its Us against you, They suddendly are overpowered.

No Im not saying that when you use them -You- are saying that they are not overpowered, what im saying is..

When Im fighting you, No your Faction arties are not what makes the fight if i Suit up good in Non Factions, I dont see them as overpowered against me.

But when Your fighting Us, Our faction suits are what make the difference and are overpowered in your Eyes.
I have never ever said that and I highly doubt anyone in TnT has ever claimed that.

When I say "overpowered" I am speaking in terms of the extra buffs that faction artifacts have vs. non-faction artifacts. No matter how you slice it, those buffs do give you advantages over their non-faction counterparts.

Factioners and non-factioners could play just as well with the same non-faction artifacts. The benefit would be the reduction in the cost to equip for everyone, which has the potential to bring more players out of the house, guardzones and onto the field and if nothing else... OUT OF HIDING.

Do you kinda see how that doesn't sync up?
No, I don't.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, the following will be the key to bringing people out of their houses, guardzones and hiding:

Reducing the cost to equip
Removing overpowered items such as faction armor
A cap on HLD
Removal of Greater Dragons, Dread Mares, etc

V

Vaelix

I have never ever said that and I highly doubt anyone in TnT has ever claimed that.

When I say "overpowered" I am speaking in terms of the extra buffs that faction artifacts have vs. non-faction artifacts. No matter how you slice it, those buffs do give you advantages over their non-faction counterparts.

Factioners and non-factioners could play just as well with the same non-faction artifacts. The benefit would be the reduction in the cost to equip for everyone, which has the potential to bring more players out of the house, guardzones and onto the field and if nothing else... OUT OF HIDING.

No, I don't.
Explain this to me then Kat, Why, when I am non factions and fighting people in faction suits, Do these "Overpowered Bonsuses and Buffs", *NOT* make a game breaking difference, or *Any* difference at all?

Does 3 MR, a Little Better Resist, 10 Dci, Over my Non Faction orny, Sam Helm, and Non Faction RBC, really make the difference *Against* me..

No.. I find you no harder to Kill with those Trivial bonuses.

However, Do I want the Bonuses for Running the Risk of Factions, Sure.

I just dont understand, When I fight it, I dont see the "Overpowered" That you keep mentioning.. I can Suit Non Faction and Stomp all over these Suits.

Ever consider it might be the player sitting at the computer? Just maybe?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Char - Hushup, you!!! And have some popcorn. :popcorn:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, the following will be the key to bringing people out of their houses, guardzones and hiding:

Reducing the cost to equip
Removing overpowered items such as faction armor
A cap on HLD
Removal of Greater Dragons, Dread Mares, etc
I firmly believe that if you have a PvP game there should NOT be tames/pets/minions or any other gay ass creature to help you PvP...

V

Vaelix

Heres the Bottom line from my Standpoint Kat..

Does having 10 Dci (Folded) 3 MR (Orny) and Slightly Higher Resist (RBC) Make your Suit (Lets say your the faction one) so overpowered against mine that I cant even fight back or Kill you? (Non Faction Orny, RBC, And Sam Helm)

The Answer... Hell no...Not even close.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Explain this to me then Kat, Why, when I am non factions and fighting people in faction suits, Do these "Overpowered Bonsuses and Buffs", *NOT* make a game breaking difference, or *Any* difference at all?

Does 3 MR, a Little Better Resist, 10 Dci, Over my Non Faction orny, Sam Helm, and Non Faction RBC, really make the difference *Against* me..

No.. I find you no harder to Kill with those Trivial bonuses.

However, Do I want the Bonuses for Running the Risk of Factions, Sure.

I just dont understand, When I fight it, I dont see the "Overpowered" That you keep mentioning.. I can Suit Non Faction and Stomp all over these Suits.

Ever consider it might be the player sitting at the computer? Just maybe?
Sure, I'll explain it. First of all, you and your guild will rarely venture out -alone- and when you do, you call for help and its there within seconds. This is why you don't typically have much trouble.

Now wait... This isn't to say that you won't give someone a 1v1. I'm not saying that at all and depending on whom you are fighting 1v1, you may well "stomp all over these suits", but I'm not so sure you could do that with any consistency vs. some quality players without a somewhat costly suit.

All I'm for is reducing the cost of the suit for everyone, so we can get back to having fun.

Prodo players have insurance and spend on average about 5k per suit.

I'd like to see the loot bumped so that Siege players could equip with non-faction artifacts or imbued armor for roughly 100k or less. I could personally afford higher than that, but in the overall scheme of things, 100-150k is somewhat reasonable compared to the current cost for a pretty decent suit. It has to be brought into an acceptable range.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres the Bottom line from my Standpoint Kat..

Does having 10 Dci (Folded) 3 MR (Orny) and Slightly Higher Resist (RBC) Make your Suit (Lets say your the faction one) so overpowered against mine that I cant even fight back or Kill you? (Non Faction Orny, RBC, And Sam Helm)

The Answer... Hell no...Not even close.
We aren't talking about MY faction suit, hell, I probably can't even kill you with help, but we both know that you having that extra DCI slot vs a non-faction player, who doesn't have it, makes a HUGE difference, let alone the extra MR and higher resists.

You and I both know that every little bit counts or your wouldn't be fighting so hard for the advantage.

I'm off for a bit. Gotta take care of some domestic goddess duties! :p

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw, Overpowered.. Im Pvping on Prodo Non Factions just fine, and I posted this before so I'll do it again..

*This is on Siege*
*It was not hard to make*
*My OverAll Stats are More than Enough for PvP against factions*
*It is Non Faction*

Last i checked LMC is expensive as **** to make...and the orny and helmet spawn where? Oh ya, they don't...

BTW, the crimmy and legs is expensive too...and takes hours to farm one...so what exactly is your point? If you want to be as good as a factioneer farm all day and spend **** tons of gold? Gotcha...rolleyes:

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction artifacts were never intended to be "hard to obtain." It was simply a way to utilize silver for the new faction system. Earning the rank to wear the gear was what earned you the right to wear the bumped arties. If you die all the time and don't play sigils, you're not going to be eligible to wear those rank 10 arties.

If all the inactive accounts weren't counted into the punkte pool, we wouldn't be hitting rank 10 after 1 punkte. There are probably hundreds of inactive faction siege accounts, all of them having 0 or less due to decay.

Once rank is reworked, there will need to be these following things to make a non-insurance shard work.

1. Let cursed arties drop off gauntlet at a higher rate.
-Not only will it bring doom back, but low ranking factioneers, as well as non-factioneers will need these

2. Let ToTs drop again.
-No one is able to transfer to here or from, so why not? There are some key pieces that drop. RBC, Kasa, Stormgrip, Stampede

3. Increase droprates on imbuing ingreds.
-I don't know **** about imbuing, but I know seeds of renewal are kind of ridiculous to farm.

Between all that, everyone will be ABLE to farm up the pieces they need for suits without having to work for months or drop a ton of gold, faction artifacts will no longer be the only things keeping siege perilous alive, but will be properly implemented as intended, and there will be farming spots to PK at.. (Doom raids, Isamu raids!!!)

Since the above makes complete sense, yet will never happen - the only bandaid patch is to lower the price on the artifacts. Since that is unlikely to happen, and is understandably controversial, we have decided to form our own little insurance policy.

Without the faction artifacts, the people who can't afford to equip in a non-faction suits repeatedly (due to key items NOT DROPPING ANYMORE) are likely to quit, because they can't even PvP.

See why we need dev attention?

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with imbuing faction armor really isnt that overpowered im in factions and i use 0 faction items not because i dont have silver i have 500k not a big deal its because plain and simple i can make better without them. i run 70's 100lrc 40lmc 165 mana 125 hit points 10mr and 65 dci i compete just fine

ok now that i said that i still support lower cost of faction armor because its takes alot of time for anyone that wishes to use them to farm for it. i get that, i dont know why some of you dont? its a simple concept

i personally think they should just remove the name on them though

and thanks to kat for calling me pathetic because im here supporting the cheaper cost on the faction vending machine (i get you didnt call me that directly but you did indirectly)

V

Vaelix

We aren't talking about MY faction suit, hell, I probably can't even kill you with help, but we both know that you having that extra DCI slot vs a non-faction player, who doesn't have it, makes a HUGE difference, let alone the extra MR and higher resists.

You and I both know that every little bit counts or your wouldn't be fighting so hard for the advantage. Yes, the advantages are nice, but they are not So game breaking that they Need to be removed...

I'm off for a bit. Gotta take care of some domestic goddess duties! :p
Heres the Part where I Become confused, If I am Faction and have the Bonuses (10,3,Resist) It makes a *HUGE* Difference and Im overpowered.

Heres the weird part.. If I am non Factions and Fight someone with the Faction Bonuses (10,3,Resist) Lol They will make almost *No* Difference, I will still kill them, Slightly higher resist,dci, and mr is nice, but No, Its not gonna save them, No chance.

Why is it that, Other non faction players cannot fight these Suits because of these *Huge* Differences Bonuses

But if you Throw me on a Non Factioner in a Non Faction Suit vs a Factioner/Suit, I dont really have a problem fighting still, those bonuse are Minor and can be made up elsewhere on a Suit.

Don't you see what im Saying..

The Bonuses Dont make a Difference against Me when Im Non Faction, Because I am a Good PvPer, i know how to build my suit to make up for the loss of the bonuses.

The Bonuses are Very nice, but they will *NEVER* make the difference between a fight when you Put a *GOOD* PvPer ina Proper Non Faction Suit.. End of story.

B

Black magick

Last i checked LMC is expensive as **** to make...and the orny and helmet spawn where? Oh ya, they don't...

BTW, the crimmy and legs is expensive too...and takes hours to farm one...so what exactly is your point? If you want to be as good as a factioneer farm all day and spend **** tons of gold? Gotcha...rolleyes:
Because the amount of silver needed for a suit of faction gear is inexpensive and doesn't take much time to get right? Not to mention the other imbued armor. What was the cost of the 3 pieces crunch needed? 3 mill? Oh... right.

V

Vaelix

Lol seeing Chards Post in a Quote..

LMC doesnt take Anything other than Gems Basically 7% And Under - Lol
Sam helms are selling for 100k With Imbued on them - Lol

Non Faction orny, Fey legs, and Crim All drop from Monsters that Would have Enhanced Loot if this New System went in (Like I have said maybe 5 Times if you actually read what I post).

The Imbued Cost of my Non Faction Suit was Minimal.
The Sam Helm - 100K, Orny 100K, Fey legs 150k, are all that I spent.

I'm looking at a collective of 350K Before Crimmy, That sure was expensive.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the amount of silver needed for a suit of faction gear is inexpensive and doesn't take much time to get right? Not to mention the other imbued armor. What was the cost of the 3 pieces crunch needed? 3 mill? Oh... right.
You might wanna start adding up the costs for Vaelix suit before you run your mouth...

Also, how much does the sammy helmet and orny go for since they don't spawn anymore? Or is this where you tell me they are all over and very cheap? You might wanna add up the cost on Vaelix crafted armor pieces too real fast...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol seeing Chards Post in a Quote..

LMC doesnt take Anything other than Gems Basically 7% And Under - Lol
Sam helms are selling for 100k With Imbued on them - Lol

Non Faction orny, Fey legs, and Crim All drop from Monsters that Would have Enhanced Loot if this New System went in (Like I have said maybe 5 Times if you actually read what I post).

The Imbued Cost of my Non Faction Suit was Minimal.
The Sam Helm - 100K, Orny 100K, Fey legs 150k, are all that I spent.

I'm looking at a collective of 350K Before Crimmy, That sure was expensive.
Dude, i was just playing a few months ago your pricing is stupid...because i know for a fact the orny was selling for 175k minimal, (human) fey leggings you couldn't even find, and the sammy helmet non imbued was 125k...like i said before don't try to bull**** me i know how much things are worth and how hard they are to obtain...that's why you see all these things selling on this forums like hotcakes huh? rolleyes:

BTW, did you enjoy reading my quote?:lol:

P.S. Oh wait, your gonna say they are in game on vendors right? Which 5 places i'll check them all...LOL...i don't think you realize this but when i played LMC needed relic frags and when i played they was 20k...you might not know this because you was too busy mooching stuff from guildmates though...

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not knocking Sakey's buyback proposal at all with this post. But wouldn't it just be simpler with so few people these days playing on Siege...would it really matter if Siege went with insurance ( just at a Siege rate of 5 or 6k per item)

The end cost (and profit) would be the same. It would just save the hassle of tossing gear on a vendor. We all know at some point there is going to be arguements about gear not going up fast enough (or perhaps pieces missing) and the whole pyramid will collapse.

Then again...what happens to the thief profession in this case :(
It would matter alot, it would be against all Siege stand for.
It would hurt the crafters
It would hurt the economy
It would make it impossible to do players justice, so we would see some griefers and have to call GM's on them as killing them would not help much.
In a perfect world...yes Siege could stay the same as it is now with lots of people playing and enjoying the game.

It's just when you log in and see nobody...nobody online from your guild...no one at the bank or running around at all...you wonder is there something else that this shard needs to help make people more active.

I know that the amount of pvpers from factions is at but a fraction from when I started here on Siege a few years ago. I also can tell you that in the last year or so maybe 40-50 regular players from Gilfane/CWS have gone inactive or quit playing Siege.

Im not sure exactly all that Siege stands for from a historical point of view ...but Siege is hardly standing at this point so something needs to give I think.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Factioners risk more than non-factioners and are rewarded in kind for it. There is no reason the playing field should be flat-level for two groups when one group is risking more than the other.

Sorry.

Freja doesn't need to PvP on a regular basis, nor does she need to be in factions in order to have her opinions and post them. Arguing otherwise, is just asinine.
Who said people aren't allowed to have an opinion? We all have opinions.

What she needs to have is a little bit of respect for PvPers. This is the same petty crap she pulled with NEW when her feelings were hurt. She did everything she could to sabotage something so great because in her world she comes first instead of the shard Siege.

Offering up strong convictions towards something you have no stake in or understanding of is down right ridiculous.

I imagine this is nothing but lost on you since you're as clueless as they come.

F

Førsaken

@Chardonnay - Lets just keep playing the missing the ****ing point game? Really? IF the suggested changes to cursed arties, tots, marties etc were put in, that's how easy it would be to compete vs a factioner. Dante showed you every piece and that was some basic ass ****-Are you really going to cry about the 3 Relic Fragments and 7 Tourmaline it costs to Imbue 6 LMC? WOW.

@Kat - Read the OP again and let it sink in this time. Items are here to stay in this item based game. Stop ****ting all over EA because you're horrible at PvP and tired of seeing the competent players succeed. You're entitled to changing your opinion, but don't be naive about it.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry.

Factioners risk more than non-factioners and are rewarded in kind for it. There is no reason the playing field should be flat-level for two groups when one group is risking more than the other.
I strongly disagree with this. IMO non faction players risk more than faction players because it's almost certain that the non faction player will not retrieve his items after death becomes him, whereas the faction player will have a very very high percentage chance in getting his items back since his name is stamped on it. And if by risk you mean the whole stat loss thing? If so, pfft.

Sakie pretty much convinced the shard that faction items aren't as bad as maybe we had previously thought, but the more you speak on the subject me and probably a lot of others are not so sure now. If I were you I would quit while I was ahead.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I strongly disagree with this. IMO non faction players risk more than faction players because it's almost certain that the non faction player will not retrieve his items after death becomes him, whereas the faction player will have a very very high percentage chance in getting his items back since his name is stamped on it. And if by risk you mean the whole stat loss thing? If so, pfft.
Factioners on Siege have been hero/evil dying their items for 10 YEARS now... and you haven't said a word about it.

Where was all your crying about it then?

Sakie pretty much convinced the shard that faction aren't as bad as maybe we had previously thought, but the more you speak on the subject me and probably a lot of others are not so sure now. If I were you I would quit while I was ahead.
Good. I hope your dislike for me continues. I hope that every single dip**** like you on this forum who can't stand me, even though I am 100% right continues to post the dumbest ****ing things, just because they don't like me.

You love my style.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kat - Read the OP again and let it sink in this time. Items are here to stay in this item based game. Stop ****ting all over EA because you're horrible at PvP and tired of seeing the competent players succeed. You're entitled to changing your opinion, but don't be naive about it.
A Forsaken - Then the same can be said for hiding, stealth and smoke bombs. All that is here to stay and you all should stop pancakes because you're horrible at PvP and tired of seeing competent players succeed.

@Draxous - Factioners don't risk enough to warrant cheap, over-buffed, artifacts from a vending machine. We all played factions long before that ever came into play. We could certainly do it again for the betterment of the shard... but again, you're proving you aren't interested in that.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drax: I honestly don't have a problem with you or your delusions, I'm just saying sometimes you need to realize when you've won and not over do it.

F

Førsaken

A Forsaken - Then the same can be said for hiding, stealth and smoke bombs. All that is here to stay and you all should stop pancakes because you're horrible at PvP and tired of seeing competent players succeed.
1) I haven't really jumped on the band wagon with this hide, stealth, and smoke bomb ordeal. Go read all the threads concerning it, you'll see. I could care less. If stealthers want to hide 1v1 like a puss, then so be it. If they want to run off and hide in group battles, then so be it. You gain nothing, I win and I get "PvP" on top of it because I stayed and fought the willing while you stealthers pussed out and called it skill.

2) Did I put anything stealth related in the OP? No.

3) You want items taken out of this game, it's not going to happen. Majority want Stealth/Ninjitsu looked at. There's a huge difference-One calls for a nerf, the other calls for incompetent scrubs crying to take items out of the game.

V

Vaelix

@Draxous - Factioners don't risk enough to warrant cheap, over-buffed, artifacts from a vending machine. We all played factions long before that ever came into play. We could certainly do it again for the betterment of the shard... but again, you're proving you aren't interested in that.
Kat..

1. I cant even reply with Something logical to that, The thought that someone would actually think to use that as an example is so completely stupid, That I'm at a loss of words.

2. Statloss, and Being able to Be attacked anywhere, More than enough Warrent Cheap, Not Over-buffed Gear.

Why is this not getting though to you (Sorry for Cap.. it seems like my Only Option)

I AM KILLING PEOPLE IN FACTIONS WITH THESE "OVERPOWERED" SUITS NO PROBLEM, IN A NON FACTION SUIT THAT HAS EASILY OBTAINABLE ARTIES ON SIEGE (With or without the new System *Except Non Spawns*).

If I Have 60% DCI 10 MR 100% LRC 40% LMC 65+ As a Non Factioner vs a 70% DCI (10) 13 MR (3) 100% LRC 40% LMC 70s (RBC), It is ***NOT*** Going to make a Huge *IF ANY* Difference in our fight.

I've been training up Skwis.. Im gonna Run a Non Faction suit for a while..

*Non Faction Suits can be JUST as good if you Run the Right gear, For some reason, you cant seem to undestand that*

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skwis, you need to realize while these suits may be easy obtainable for you, they may not be so easy for others. Some people only have one char, not a designated farm char, crafter, and pvp char. Also some people just don't have the farming knowledge that you may possess. So if factioners get a vending machine then why not give the non factioners a vending machine also rather than make them risking a BFF gank while trying to farm the gear you claim is so easy obtainable?

V

Vaelix

Skwis, you need to realize while these suits may be easy obtainable for you, they may not be so easy for others. Some people only have one char, not a designated farm char, crafter, and pvp char. Also some people just don't have the farming knowledge that you may possess. So if factioners get a vending machine then why not give the non factioners a vending machine also rather than make them risking a BFF gank while trying to farm the gear you claim is so easy obtainable?
Heres the thing kiddo (Please read my other posts) *Every* Arty on my Non Faction Suit would be easily obtainable with a new *Non Faction Arty System* -One of the features that we are pushing for- But on the Flip side, people still want faction arties removed *Even with a New Non Fact Arty System* Because they think that the Buffs on the Arties are so powerful, that they wont be able to survive, What Im saying and Proving is, That is completely False..

With a System for Fact/Non With Fact Arties vs Non Arties, there isnt a Huge imbalance. Look at my Suit and there ya go. *Right now, there is an imbalance due to being hard to obtain yes*

But what I'm saying is.. *IF* we get cursed/ect. There is NO reason to remove faction arties, or push for it.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat..

1. I cant even reply with Something logical to that, The thought that someone would actually think to use that as an example is so completely stupid, That I'm at a loss of words.
Because you can't see past the end of your nose and you cannot see things from any other perspective than your own.

2. Statloss, and Being able to Be attacked anywhere, More than enough Warrent Cheap, Not Over-buffed Gear.
You choose to play factions of your own free will and you played factions long before there were ever faction armor vendors. If you want to continue down this path, I will not support the lower price faction arties. Its mainly your guild that is FOR it anyway.

Why is this not getting though to you (Sorry for Cap.. it seems like my Only Option)

I AM KILLING PEOPLE IN FACTIONS WITH THESE "OVERPOWERED" SUITS NO PROBLEM, IN A NON FACTION SUIT THAT HAS EASILY OBTAINABLE ARTIES ON SIEGE (With or without the new System *Except Non Spawns*).

If I Have 60% DCI 10 MR 100% LRC 40% LMC 65+ As a Non Factioner vs a 70% DCI (10) 13 MR (3) 100% LRC 40% LMC 70s (RBC), It is ***NOT*** Going to make a Huge *IF ANY* Difference in our fight.
Sorry, there aren't really any non-faction players running suits like that ON SIEGE PERILOUS, so your argument there is just plain invalid. Try again.

I've been training up Skwis.. Im gonna Run a Non Faction suit for a while..

*Non Faction Suits can be JUST as good if you Run the Right gear, For some reason, you cant seem to undestand that*
But at what cost? The prices you spit out yesterday were just plain bull****. Several of us pointed that out to you. Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth and start dealing with FACTS not FICTION.

The cost to equip has to be brought down to a reasonable level if you want active PvP on this shard. That includes factioners and NON-factioners.

If you want this shard to improve, we need serious changes.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cut the crap. My track record speaks for itself. For years I've been pushing for better monster loot while you stood in the way. Don't ever talk to me about the betterment of the shard when it's crystal clear in thread after thread that your only interested in getting something for you, rather than bettering anything for anybody else.

Thousands upon thousands of players in UO agree that factioners deserve what they got. The Devs agree they deserve it.

Your entitled to believe whatever you want no matter how wrong you are, but to stand there and try to ruin making factions better for the players who want to enjoy it... is not supporting the betterment of the shard.

Continue your selfish behavior if you wish, but know that you're the problem. You're the reason Siege has remained broken throughout the years. About time you became part of the solution... don't you think?

V

Vaelix

And here ya go kat, Even though I've done this Countless times and you still never learn..

My Non Faction Suit (On Siege) -*With the New System would be easy*-

40 LMC
100 LRC
4 MR
60 DCI
5 Dex
16 HPI

70 70 67 70 70
121 25 125

-----------------

What i lose by not having faction arties.

5 Dex -Crim
6 MR -Orny/RBC
10 DCI - Folded Steel
Resist - RBC/Feys

What is a Big deal?

5 Dex - No
MR - Not really
DCI - Prolly the biggest hit, But wow.. 60 is still 45 CAP with Good HLD Defense, you should be able to pvp just fine with 60.
Resist - Obviously my resists are fine.

-----------------

Those "Overpowered Bonuses" Do not make the "Huge" Difference in PvP That you seem to be stuck on.

F

Førsaken

@Cheapsuit - Yet another missing the point. With Siege the way it is, I assure you, either way it is a lose-lose situation for you.

Majority of us have stock piles of cursed arties too, but it's not about that! The point is that the DEVS need to make it easier for all, or the same people will continue reaping the benefits of having items while others cry about it.

I have yet to see a good argument, or even a well, thought out opinion that goes against what I and others have suggested. While we endlessly throw logic and facts your way...

Same ****, different day.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here ya go kat, Even though I've done this Countless times and you still never learn..

My Non Faction Suit (On Siege) -*With the New System would be easy*-

40 LMC
100 LRC
4 MR
60 DCI
5 Dex
16 HPI

70 70 67 70 70
121 25 125

-----------------

What i lose by not having faction arties.

5 Dex -Crim
6 MR -Orny/RBC
10 DCI - Folded Steel
Resist - RBC/Feys

What is a Big deal?

5 Dex - No
MR - Not really
DCI - Prolly the biggest hit, But wow.. 60 is still 45 CAP with Good HLD Defense, you should be able to pvp just fine with 60.
Resist - Obviously my resists are fine.

-----------------

Those "Overpowered Bonuses" Do not make the "Huge" Difference in PvP That you seem to be stuck on.
Exactly... So explain to me why you can't play in the same equipment as a non-factioner would?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You choose to play factions of your own free will and you played factions long before there were ever faction armor vendors. If you want to continue down this path, I will not support the lower price faction arties. Its mainly your guild that is FOR it anyway.
What path?

You decided to rehash things that had already been hashed out.

The community has highlighted all the major issues that need to be addressed. If they aren't addressed together, then none of them will be addressed. That goes for monster loot. That goes for faction silver costs. That goes for all of it.

If you're so interested in the betterment of this shard, then you should probably stop trying to stand in the way of fixing it....

F

Førsaken

Exactly... Explain to me why you can't play in the same equipment as a non-factioner would?
Exactly...Explain to ME why you can't stop crying about the situation? You should have stayed with your other opinion of going with us on lowering faction prices. It made hell of a lot more sense.