• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free Accounts & Top Houses

G

Oh no man... no names or house names will be listed. We can import it into paint and erase the information. But how fully would it be? Plus, not everyone is smart enough to hide behind locked doors... lol

We can all go from house to house finding people... lol

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Why not let us list our stores, any lots for that matter in more discriminatory categories, so that there are more lists in each of the main lists. Such as, if you have a pinata lot, you choose that as your money category, if you sell custom content, you choose that as your store category, etc, possibly being able to choose various things your lot specializes in. But no matter how many lists, they should not be given top billing just because they have the ability to stuff 20+ sims under the rug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a good idea to have sub categories. What I would like to see also that you don't see much of anymore are Money and Skill houses that focus on one object/skill. If we had sub categories I think more of that would come back.

P

Paula777

I say hide away.. afk or not..
Clicking through every 15 minutes or not...
I wouldn't let social butterflies or any other players judge me.

Don't know why third party programs are frowned upon anyway...
Over the years I did it, I paid for it 1st by purchasing it and 2nd by having many accounts suspended and even restored. That's a way of devotion too, not just letting the *mean-teacher* out. If players like to take that risk, other players can't do a darn thing about it, except complain in here.

I believe especially multiple subscribing accounts should be accepted to hide wherever they like ... lord even if they're free accounts... it's a lot of effort keepin those hours plus EA allows it... don't like it .. can't do much about it, jealous .. do it too!

Well for now, I enjoy my no-pressure-free-play in TC3 until everything is going smoothly.

D

donnallg

I don't understand why you all think that hiding on a lot is cheating, whether you have 1 or 30 sims hiding on a lot. Each lot owner sets their own rules as to what goes on at their lot.

Each to their own is how I feel. If I want to hide on my lot and bring in my other account, I have that right because I pay to play. If hiding on a lot was that big of a deal they would take it back out of the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I say hide away.. afk or not..
Clicking through every 15 minutes or not...
I wouldn't let social butterflies or any other players judge me.

Don't know why third party programs are frowned upon anyway...
Over the years I did it, I paid for it 1st by purchasing it and 2nd by having many accounts suspended and even restored. That's a way of devotion too, not just letting the *mean-teacher* out. If players like to take that risk, other players can't do a darn thing about it, except complain in here.

I believe especially multiple subscribing accounts should be accepted to hide wherever they like ... lord even if they're free accounts... it's a lot of effort keepin those hours plus EA allows it... don't like it .. can't do much about it, jealous .. do it too!

Well for now, I enjoy my no-pressure-free-play in TC3 until everything is going smoothly.

[/ QUOTE ]

EA doesn't allow circumventing the time-out. If they're not circumventing and are just hiding to preserve green, then even this has been stated is an unintended usage of the hide n seek feature, so that is not right either. When you play a game, you *must* agree to the Terms of Service, or, as you stated happened to you when you are discovered to be violating that Terms of Service you will be suspended either temporarily or permanently. It's interesting that you call this anywhere near 'devotion'.....the rest of us cal it laziness or rebellion not wanting to play by the rules, which if you don't want to play by the rules is fine, as long as you're willing to accept the consequences of that action, which is being looked down upon by those who do follow the rules, and also running the risk of being permanently ejected from the game, or at the very least having your account permanently ejected from the game so that if you wish to play again you must start over with skills, losing whatever you will gain when we are granted amnesty, the skills you've acquired, your house that you've built, simolenas made, etc. etc. etc. Without rules there is chaos, and we had chaos for a long time when nobody was around to enforce the rules. This drove away many more players than the enforcement of the rule ever will, therefore was detrimental to the game.....so now if you can't play by the rules, you don't get to stay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't understand why you all think that hiding on a lot is cheating, whether you have 1 or 30 sims hiding on a lot. Each lot owner sets their own rules as to what goes on at their lot.

Each to their own is how I feel. If I want to hide on my lot and bring in my other account, I have that right because I pay to play. If hiding on a lot was that big of a deal they would take it back out of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiding itself is not wrong, the wrong part is circumventing the time out feature, and that is in the ToS that we *all* agreed to when we started playing. If you are hiding, and *not* circumventing the time out, then more power to you, but the majority of the ones that are hiding are doing so for hours on end, which makes it beyond obvious that they are circumventing, especially when you see that somebody has 'seek'ed their sim, who is now dead on the lot so if they had been hiding legitimately they would have come back in time to discover that their sim had been found and its needs were now red, and they would have greened it prior to dying. If that does not make circumventing the time out feature beyond obvious, then I'm not sure what does LOL.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiding itself is not wrong, the wrong part is circumventing the time out feature, and that is in the ToS that we *all* agreed to when we started playing. If you are hiding, and *not* circumventing the time out, then more power to you, but the majority of the ones that are hiding are doing so for hours on end, which makes it beyond obvious that they are circumventing, especially when you see that somebody has 'seek'ed their sim, who is now dead on the lot so if they had been hiding legitimately they would have come back in time to discover that their sim had been found and its needs were now red, and they would have greened it prior to dying. If that does not make circumventing the time out feature beyond obvious, then I'm not sure what does LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hide a sim hours on end at my store hoping for business, while I skill or work my other sims on other accounts.

I just feel if they really had a problem with this they would add something that pops up whether you are active or not to stay connected, then start the count down if it's not Pressed in a timely fashion.

Edit to add: I have played other games that had this feature and also had an ISP that had this feature.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hide a sim hours on end at my store hoping for business, while I skill or work my other sims on other accounts.

I just feel if they really had a problem with this they would add something that pops up whether you are active or not to stay connected, then start the count down if it's not Pressed in a timely fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do, its called the timeout countdown. It starts when you have not clicked on your screen for 10 minutes and counts down the last 5 minutes, unless you are circumventing that feature. If hiding itself is circumventing the timeout, which from what I am hearing you say, it is, then this is an extremely serious bug/exploit that needs to be reported on the Wiki bug boards, because not only will it be exploited on store lots where it is said the devs 'don't care' (which is bs), it will also be used on other lots where they absolutely, without a doubt DO care, so it IS an exploit. So since that's the case I'm glad you said something.....I'll test this out myself ASAP, and if it does indeed happen this way without circumventing the timeout feature in the other known way, I'll find out what I need to do to report it as a bug, and relay that information here so that other people can also do the same that want to see this exploit squashed

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do, its called the timeout countdown. It starts when you have not clicked on your screen for 10 minutes and counts down the last 5 minutes, unless you are circumventing that feature. If hiding itself is circumventing the timeout, which from what I am hearing you say, it is, then this is an extremely serious bug/exploit that needs to be reported on the Wiki bug boards, because not only will it be exploited on store lots where it is said the devs 'don't care' (which is bs), it will also be used on other lots where they absolutely, without a doubt DO care, so it IS an exploit. So since that's the case I'm glad you said something.....I'll test this out myself ASAP, and if it does indeed happen this way without circumventing the timeout feature in the other known way, I'll find out what I need to do to report it as a bug, and relay that information here so that other people can also do the same that want to see this exploit squashed

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you are not understanding what I'm trying to say I guess.

What I'm saying is: If you are Circumventing the timeout feature without using a program. Then if you have a box that pops up like the count down box, whether you are active or not, then you have no choice. You either click it or you time out. Did that explain what I was saying a little better?

S

Sinfully Sweet

I own a store and I find trying to make it to the top 9 is just insane to me these top stores have like 25 sims in there house hiding now dont get me wrong Im not crying about afk sims I have 2 i keep on my lot but come on 25 afk sims lmaooo I tried to have more than 4 or 5 and my desktop freezes and i cant play the game how do they do it have 2 computers i guess anyway I just wanted to vent about this it kinda bugs me that no matter how long i keep my store open Ill never get to the top because for some crazy reason they need to have 25 sims ..... Oh well.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How about making them so they don't contribute to hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea.

Why would people want newbies and free players clogging up their lots if they didn't get visitor time from them?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you are not understanding what I'm trying to say I guess.

What I'm saying is: If you are Circumventing the timeout feature without using a program. Then if you have a box that pops up like the count down box, whether you are active or not, then you have no choice. You either click it or you time out. Did that explain what I was saying a little better?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're circumventing timeout, then that box will not pop up, at all. I think you're misunderstanding what is meant when we talk about circumventing the timeout feature. If you do have that box, and you are clicking "I'm back" in that box before you time out, or letting yourself time out and then resign in, then you are not circumventing timeout and you have nothing to worry about. You don't need a 3rd party program to be guilty of circumventing the timeout feature.....the most common method does not use one, in fact.

R

rookie

I agree make all free accounts not count towrds hours. It is just ridiculous to see a top 10 house with 23 ppl in in and all are AFK. My opinion is that it is an abuse of a tool that is being used to try to get new ppl in the game. If I see a house with 322 hours, and I was new, I would be frustrated and say whats the point, I cant come close to those hours and wouldnt sign up for a pay account. Come on guys do something about this!!

Getting frustrated, wondering if its worth my $10 a month

P

Paula777

yes you could get close to it, you could beat it if you make the effort

G

glass_angel

are there really that many free accounts being used regularly that not contributing to lot hours would make a big difference?
on a regular lot (not a store using their own free accounts) that is pretty crowded, what is the percent of free accnt vs. paid accnt?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree make all free accounts not count towrds hours. It is just ridiculous to see a top 10 house with 23 ppl in in and all are AFK. My opinion is that it is an abuse of a tool that is being used to try to get new ppl in the game. If I see a house with 322 hours, and I was new, I would be frustrated and say whats the point, I cant come close to those hours and wouldnt sign up for a pay account. Come on guys do something about this!!

Getting frustrated, wondering if its worth my $10 a month

[/ QUOTE ]

With that $10 a month you could get 2 gallons of milk with todays inflation.

$10 a month which has not changed in over 5 years is a bargain.

D

Dogsoffour

Angeliquesimff said: <blockquote><hr>

offering me what i need by making multiple free account to steal visitor hours from stores that actually WORK to make it on the list????? You can't be serious?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious?!?!?!?!?!?!? What stores work for their hours. I've got news for you: stores will NOT be making it in the top 10 without using multiple accounts, unless many shoppers decide to stop and chat for several hours (they don't).

CBrewton5 said: <blockquote><hr>

maybe an owner or roomie should not be allowed to have more than one of their accounts on the lot at any given time, since there's really no need to legitimately, except for the purposes of restocking from another sim's inventory, especially now that you cannot skill or make money on any other lots besides skill and money houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should accounts that someone pays for be limited? That really makes no sense at all. If someone wants to pay for 100 accounts, they should be able to USE 100 accounts.

I agree with the idea of making free accounts not give visitor hours, except this could cause some houses hesitant to let them skill or whatever (harsh, but some people would probably do it.) Until something is done though, the problem will continue to compound itself because, at least in the store catagory, extra accounts are necessary.

R

rookie

Could only get close if you get multiple free accounts. If thats what it comes down to its not worth it! And yes there are that many free accounts being used for the purpose of gaining hours. Just look at the top houses in the STORE catagory!,,I wont go to a store with 23 ppl all AFK in them. What happened to the NON-AFK stores?

G

glass_angel

if the majority of free accounts is being used to gain hours to get high on the list, then it shouldnt have a big effect on the houses that get a few people really using the free accounts for the sole purpose of trying out the game

G

Looking through this thread it seems the main complaint is that people are leaving sims in their lots unuttended to gain spots in the top 100 list.
Where I have seen this happening they leave several sims hiding on their lots.
They are there for hours so most likely at least some of them would be using a sitter program to keep them all from being timed out.
All of them seem to abusing the hide and seek feature.
Because of all the above I agree that it is wrong and should not be allowed.
So I have one word to everyone that agrees they should not be able to do this.

"SEEK"

R

rookie

Cant "seek" a sim out if they are in a locked room or in an upstairs room that no longer has the stairs to it. LOL How about this, since the majority of the abuse happens in stores, make free accounts not count on store lots? Seems reasonable! Or revamp top 100 to not count time but unique visitors. Thats my suggestion.

G

For starters, people with free accounts can get more from tc3 than ealand. They are giving paid members nothing but torture and lag. Paid members getting booted off of job lots. Screens actually freezing and sims dieing because of it. Free accounts should remain in tc3. They will get enough game time there to know if they want to subscribe to ealand.

The houses getting credit and going up the list, well they can be easily taken care of. Paid members get all your friends together and fill all the legit hard workers homes. I for one dont mind giving up play time to help legit hard working people. They are the ones that will come out on top in the end.

As for paid members being annoyed by free accounts looking for free food and money, put hc behind a paid door and then they will have to pay for it. Dont give them money, they will get discouraged and leave. We all have to work together to make this the game we want cause appearantly we are not being listened to.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cant "seek" a sim out if they are in a locked room or in an upstairs room that no longer has the stairs to it. LOL How about this, since the majority of the abuse happens in stores, make free accounts not count on store lots? Seems reasonable! Or revamp top 100 to not count time but unique visitors. Thats my suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry didn't know that about "seek".
How about they make hide n seek time out after 15 mins or so, after all who plays it any more or would take longer than 15 mins to find someone.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

If you're circumventing timeout, then that box will not pop up, at all. I think you're misunderstanding what is meant when we talk about circumventing the timeout feature. If you do have that box, and you are clicking "I'm back" in that box before you time out, or letting yourself time out and then resign in, then you are not circumventing timeout and you have nothing to worry about. You don't need a 3rd party program to be guilty of circumventing the timeout feature.....the most common method does not use one, in fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I know all about this. What I'm saying is. To prevent all the afkers that you guys are talking about, they should put in another Time Out Feature. This one would be there regardless if you are active or inactive.
For example: Say Henry is a known afker and he always circumvents the timeout feature. If he is using another method besides a program to do this, The New Time Out Feature would pop up saying "To continue to play please click here. If you do not click within 2 mins, we will start a 5 minute countdown." Now the only way to stop this from counting down would be to click it.

The way it is now you have to be inactive for the countdown to start. What I'm saying is have a new feature as to be sure you are active.

If you don't understand this sorry I don't know how to explain it any better than this. Maybe someone else can jump in and help me to explain it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

are there really that many free accounts being used regularly that not contributing to lot hours would make a big difference?
on a regular lot (not a store using their own free accounts) that is pretty crowded, what is the percent of free accnt vs. paid accnt?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on which city you are talking about. In EAL, it probably wouldn't make that big a difference, but in TC3, it definitely would since that is the only place that free players can play unrestricted, and where several of those of us with premium accounts have said that they spend a big part of their time. My fear is that if they make this change, the premium players who run houses now in TC3 will not want to, because the possibility exists that every visitor they have could be a free account for a large portion of time, so that during that time even though they have kept 35 sims in the house steadily and legitimately, their house will not accumulate hours, and thus will be further down on the list. In EA Land this is a different story since free players cannot skill or make money (unless they are getting in under the bug that has been reported) so only residence lots and store lots would be greatly impacted there, *maybe* entertainment lots if free players can get into those lots, I am not sure.

G

Just think, the two biggest cities haven't even merged yet, how many more hundreds of stores are there going to be competing to be on the stupid list that can in no way show all the stores out there.

Come on devs, the "lists" need changed, asap.

G

Lol, I just went into one of those stores and seeked out about 5 sims under 1 object, lol, got kicked out and banned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lol, I just went into one of those stores and seeked out about 5 sims under 1 object, lol, got kicked out and banned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, did you yell "Ollie Ollie in come free"?
If not, then......

lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I know all about this. What I'm saying is. To prevent all the afkers that you guys are talking about, they should put in another Time Out Feature. This one would be there regardless if you are active or inactive.
For example: Say Henry is a known afker and he always circumvents the timeout feature. If he is using another method besides a program to do this, The New Time Out Feature would pop up saying "To continue to play please click here. If you do not click within 2 mins, we will start a 5 minute countdown." Now the only way to stop this from counting down would be to click it.

The way it is now you have to be inactive for the countdown to start. What I'm saying is have a new feature as to be sure you are active.

If you don't understand this sorry I don't know how to explain it any better than this. Maybe someone else can jump in and help me to explain it.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I get what you're saying now.....LOL *new* coding, not the way things are at this present time.

Yes, that might be a solution for further down the road, but would require dev time to implement, so they probably don't have time to do it until all the city merges are complete, and we're passed the *big* deadline. That is a good idea though for the future, though it could be easily looped by a bot or 3rd party program, if a player was circumventing without investing in that program they'd still get busted at it, so at the very least at least the player would have to put out the money for the program, and then be guilty of violating the ToS on 2 points (circumventing the timeout AND using a 3rd party software in-game) instead of just the one.....which might get them closer to being given the final heave-ho out of the game, and would thus either serve as a deterrent, or rid them of the game once and for all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, did you yell "Ollie Ollie in come free"?
If not, then......

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, No but I yelled something else when I couldn't get back in.
Bumma, I thought I was gunna win to. 5 in 1 go.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

Gee, not hard to figure out their motives for banning you, eh?
Times like that make me wish the ban list wasn't infinite anymore, cuz they'd only be able to ban a certain number of people, and then would have to remove some players from the ban list before banning others, giving those players a chance to re-enter and bust them again LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

Times like that make me wish the ban list wasn't infinite anymore, cuz they'd only be able to ban a certain number of people, and then would have to remove some players from the ban list before banning others, giving those players a chance to re-enter and bust them again LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I thought I was going well in the game to, only had 9 more I think it was to find. lol

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on which city you are talking about. In EAL, it probably wouldn't make that big a difference, but in TC3, it definitely would since that is the only place that free players can play unrestricted, and where several of those of us with premium accounts have said that they spend a big part of their time. My fear is that if they make this change, the premium players who run houses now in TC3 will not want to, because the possibility exists that every visitor they have could be a free account for a large portion of time, so that during that time even though they have kept 35 sims in the house steadily and legitimately, their house will not accumulate hours, and thus will be further down on the list. In EA Land this is a different story since free players cannot skill or make money (unless they are getting in under the bug that has been reported) so only residence lots and store lots would be greatly impacted there, *maybe* entertainment lots if free players can get into those lots, I am not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have mixed emotions about free accounts being in TC3 only. I have a friend that had been waiting for over a month for them to apply her payment to her account. She was only down 9 days but had the free accounts only been in TC3 then she would not have been able to play with us those days.

But then on the other hand, I have had lots of people coming to my house asking for money and that does tend to get annoying.

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm....what exactly are you busting them for? If they were there to see you seek them, click the boot button, and ban you from their lot, my guess is they are not AFK. Lets not turn this into a witch hunt where you start harrasing every store roomie in town.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm....what exactly are you busting them for? If they were there to see you seek them, click the boot button, and ban you from their lot, my guess is they are not AFK. Lets not turn this into a witch hunt where you start harrasing every store roomie in town.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so *that* house was one who was not afk, however they did have all those sims sitting there hiding to illegally gain hours, so THAT is what they were busted for, not being one of the afk cheating houses. They're still being underhanded, just not doing it the way most people go about doing it, by parking 15-30 sims on the lot AND going AFK.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got in there as they were just setting up, I have been in that store several times where they had heaps of hiding sims and none would answer. Even if they are at the keyboard, do you really think it's right for them to hide 14 sims to gain ranking in the top 100. The way things are by being highly ranked they get the mojority of the business. They are making more by cheating the system. I am against most witch hunts, but for these guys, if that's the game they want to play, lets make it a little harder for them. Or do we expect all store owners to do the same to get on an even playing field.

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so *that* house was one who was not afk, however they did have all those sims sitting there hiding to illegally gain hours, so THAT is what they were busted for, not being one of the afk cheating houses. They're still being underhanded, just not doing it the way most people go about doing it, by parking 15-30 sims on the lot AND going AFK.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't see by looking at a sim if they are a free account or a premium account, so you really have no way of knowing if they are "illegally gaining hours" or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't see by looking at a sim if they are a free account or a premium account, so you really have no way of knowing if they are "illegally gaining hours" or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bring whether they are free or premium into it. It's not an issue. 15 accounts, free or premium all hidden on a lot for the sole purpose of padding hours and not there to buy anything, which is what the purpose of a store is, is 100% wrong. If a person wants to bring their own 3 accounts into a store just so they can show up on the filter for a little while, and then remove them when they get a buyer or two come in, then that would be OK, but I cannot believe you are suggesting that doing this, for this amount of time, with this amount of sims, is anywhere near right or OK.

D

Dogsoffour

What BiteMe described was not against the terms of service and is how they are choosing to spend their time. (That is, until you can know for sure that the accounts are all free/they are extended afking)

G

glass_angel

if free accounts cant go to skill and cant go into a money house to make money, what could they possibly spend it on? add stores to the category they cant get into. or as the bear said on page 1 (i think) just make their vistor hours not count

D

Dogsoffour

I personally think trials should not give visitor hours to stores, since they really shouldn't be there for very long anyway. Other lots, like money lots I have to disagree because it is essential to let them in and be wanted inside by roomies so they can see what that part of the game is like.

What I don't like is when people assume other sims are guilty untill proven innocent or that their style of game, while not against the TOS is somehow "wrong".

Edited to add: The only reason stores are abusing these trials is because other stores on top of them are doing it. The problem is just snowballing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What BiteMe described was not against the terms of service and is how they are choosing to spend their time. (That is, until you can know for sure that the accounts are all free/they are extended afking)

[/ QUOTE ]

Terms of service, there has been exploits in the old tso that people used to gain heaps of simoleans. Some of them weren't written up in the terms of service either. We cannot just go on what is in the terms of service, we have to look at what is right and wrong as well. Or what do we do here in this case, do we just submit to the fact that if we want to be able to have a sucessful store we need to have 10 plus accounts.

G

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bring whether they are free or premium into it. It's not an issue. 15 accounts, free or premium all hidden on a lot for the sole purpose of padding hours and not there to buy anything, which is what the purpose of a store is, is 100% wrong. If a person wants to bring their own 3 accounts into a store just so they can show up on the filter for a little while, and then remove them when they get a buyer or two come in, then that would be OK, but I cannot believe you are suggesting that doing this, for this amount of time, with this amount of sims, is anywhere near right or OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are all hidden that dont mean they are doin wrong. A friend of mine has a store. She has a bunch of friends who she works with in tso. If we all decided to visit her lot and chat in room or in IM. that isnt wrong. you dont know what they were doing there. I myself am against what free accounts are doing but we cant go pointing fingers. That is wrong.

I

imported_fajjaa

If the Dev team likes what they see in what they are allowing free accounts to have access to, then I guess we will continue to see people buy the program that runs the game afk. It only takes one person to run the 30 sims to get to the top of any list.
By the way, Dev team, what good does it do to let a free account that has zero simoleons go to a store, as a shopper or a roomie? Other then the obvious, which totally destroys any chance of a newbie ever even getting to be number 100 on the store list, unless of course they have the program to run multiple accounts, without any concern of timing out.

If this practice is going to be accepted, I think they should offer these programs for everyone to help ruin the game.

G

I sure have noticed it! Two stores last night had no less that 18 people there ..but not ONE Sim out...no one talking. I tried to get a question answered and I got silence. Gimme a break. 18 sims on one lot and ALL are hiding and probably watching tv or something. They sure are not In Game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If the Dev team likes what they see in what they are allowing free accounts to have access to, then I guess we will continue to see people buy the program that runs the game afk. It only takes one person to run the 30 sims to get to the top of any list.
By the way, Dev team, what good does it do to let a free account that has zero simoleons go to a store, as a shopper or a roomie? Other then the obvious, which totally destroys any chance of a newbie ever even getting to be number 100 on the store list, unless of course they have the program to run multiple accounts, without any concern of timing out.

If this practice is going to be accepted, I think they should offer these programs for everyone to help ruin the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free players CAN get money, just not through traditional means.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all know the difference between the the noobie with one sim on a free account that is wondering the city, trying to learn the game, and the lot owner with multiple free accounts using them for advantageous reasons.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all know the difference between the the noobie with one sim on a free account that is wondering the city, trying to learn the game, and the lot owner with multiple free accounts using them for advantageous reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said we didn't. I'm just clarifying the statement which I have put in bold above. However, free accounts aren't only for "noobs". Free play is an alternative play option, which is why it is no longer a free trial.

G

<blockquote><hr>

By the way, Dev team, what good does it do to let a free account that has zero simoleons go to a store, as a shopper or a roomie?

[/ QUOTE ]

How else are they gonna know what they would buy if they subscribed?

Roomies tho, I'm against free accts being roomies at any house. They are supposed to be getting size 0 lots, hopefully then they cant be roomies anymore. Or now that I think about it, trial roomies! 24 hours and the game boots them from the house and they cant move back into the same house unless they subscribe.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone noticed the hours that the top stores have? Almost 322 hours??? I seen a store go from bottom of the list to the top 10 over night? They had 29/30 people all day yesterday. Most of course were their free accounts with 0 days as their age. I think we should do away with free accounts &amp; also with the players with multiple accounts just using their sims to get to the top. It's just not stores either. But really, who stays in a store for 322 hours? Or even 15 hours for that matter. I just think if you have to cheat to get to the top... why play the game? I think the free accounts need to go. I also think that these top houses need to be looked at and to see exactly why the hours are so high.

[/ QUOTE ]

The stupid Top 100 list should be disabled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm [censored] pissed because I try to be online everyday to help me and my friends run a lot, but we cant get on the map... haven't had 1 visitor in weeks! And we can be online for long since we have our own lives, the Top 100 list along with the object limit has pissed me off for the past 5 years!