• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free Accounts & Top Houses

G

Having free sims as roomies would be counterproductive for a store looking to pad its visitor hours.

And for the person who said let's not start a witch hunt... Tell me - what exactly is the Hide feature for, if we're not supposed to be going around and Seeking these hidden sims? I'd say the boot and ban for playing the game as it was intended was rather extreme! I say everyone should go in there and seek the hidden sims! What are they going to do - ban the entire city?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tell me - what exactly is the Hide feature for, if we're not supposed to be going around and Seeking these hidden sims? .... What are they going to do - ban the entire city?

[/ QUOTE ]So is there truly no tracking, no limit on the amount of 'free accounts' any user is able to have? That seems to be a core part of the problem here - houses with 25 'hidden' sims padding up the visitor time for no legitimate reason whatsoever.

There's been some figures bounced around as to the "huge increase" of concurrent online users. I wonder what % of those are actually these zombie lot-fillers, rather than actual people playing actively?

Surely if 'hide' timed out after, say, 10 minutes (giving more than sufficient time for someone using it for its intended purpose), then wouldn't that be a simple way of stamping on this troublesome little issue?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Surely if 'hide' timed out after, say, 10 minutes (giving more than sufficient time for someone using it for its intended purpose), then wouldn't that be a simple way of stamping on this troublesome little issue?

[/ QUOTE ]
It would probably be easier to just remove Hide &amp; Seek completely. I doubt it is more than a handful of people in game who are actually playing Hide &amp; Seek. The vast majority who use it seem to be using it for the unintended purpose.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It would probably be easier to just remove Hide &amp; Seek completely. I doubt it is more than a handful of people in game who are actually playing Hide &amp; Seek. The vast majority who use it seem to be using it for the unintended purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]You're quite right, but it does seem a shame that what could be used as a fun feature (and I have, on a number of occasions in the past) is being abused.

Just removing the feature would be perhaps unfair to the few that do enjoy using it, but you know as well as I do that once one method of cheating is removed, these same low-life individuals who are hell bent on ruining it for everyone else will just move on to some new way of cheating.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I would be disappointed if 'hide' was completely removed, though I would be happy for it to time out after a few mins. Many people including myself use it to stay green while waiting for other pizza team members or the car for work. I would hate to have to go back to the days of having to time greening to the milisecond.

G

Let's remember that the hours listed in the top 100 list are not actural hours that the store is open.
Here is how it works...

Lots are listed based upon the total hours you had visitors over a four-day time period:

Day 1: 60 (10 visitors for stayed for 6 hours each)
Day 2: 16 (8 visitors stayed for 2 hours each)
Day 3: 00 (No visitors)
Day 4: 00 (No visitors)

76 ÷ 4 = 19 total hours.

So at the end of Day 4, your total visitor hours average, which will determine your rank on the list, will be 19 hours. Now, to continue the calculation, remember that it is an average over a four-day time period. So Day 1 is no longer taken into consideration when you get to Day 5.

Day 2: 16 (8 visitors stayed for 2 hours each)
Day 3: 00 (No visitors)
Day 4: 00 (No visitors)
Day 5: 08 (2 visitors stayed for 4 hours each)

24 ÷ 4 = 6 total hours.

Therefore, to keep your property on the Top 100 List, you will need to keep those visitors coming. It takes more than a day or two to get to the top. Ask your friends and neighbors to come visit you, and advertise! If people know about you, there is a better chance they will visit

Yes, math is used in the sims game lol

G

I would be very disappointed to lose the hide feature. I have one paid
account and 0 free accounts. I use the hide feature every day and no
I do not have a store. But I do work at the robot factory and use it
to save green before calling the cab or waiting on my car.

Or if I'm sitting around talking but not skilling somewhere I hide.
No need to lose green if you are jsut chatting.

And I have played hide and seek before on more than one occasion.

I think it would level the playing field if free accounts did not count
towards visitor hours. If you want to pay 100 a month for 10 ppl
to sit on a lot... more power to you.
Isn't the getting more paying customers for this game what is going to save it?

If getting high on that list is so important they can pay.

Just my 2 cents.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Has anyone noticed the hours that the top stores have? Almost 322 hours??? I seen a store go from bottom of the list to the top 10 over night? They had 29/30 people all day yesterday. Most of course were their free accounts with 0 days as their age. I think we should do away with free accounts &amp; also with the players with multiple accounts just using their sims to get to the top. It's just not stores either. But really, who stays in a store for 322 hours? Or even 15 hours for that matter. I just think if you have to cheat to get to the top... why play the game? I think the free accounts need to go. I also think that these top houses need to be looked at and to see exactly why the hours are so high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can elimanate multiple accounts. Mu husband and I have 5 and we pay for them just as you pay for yours. Of course we don't pile them in a property to gain visitor hours. I think that's disgusting and I know which one your talking about but if you maxis gets rid of all the different accounts, we are going to take a chance of losing the game period. We need them all.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Having free sims as roomies would be counterproductive for a store looking to pad its visitor hours.

And for the person who said let's not start a witch hunt... Tell me - what exactly is the Hide feature for, if we're not supposed to be going around and Seeking these hidden sims? I'd say the boot and ban for playing the game as it was intended was rather extreme! I say everyone should go in there and seek the hidden sims! What are they going to do - ban the entire city?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played hide and seek the other night at one of the top money houses..It was weird though because as soon as I found the 1st one, they popped back into hiding. lol then I went to another that was packed almost full and started doing the same thing, I mean I like to play hide and seek...lol at the 2nd one tho some sim said to me "do you mind?" and I said mind what? and he told me not to be searching out thier hidden sims. I told him I thought they we're playing hide and seek ( I had my sim that i created in ea land) anyway it was fun and i'm going to do it again. I know this is wrong intentions for playing hide and seek but I was kinda hoping they we're afk so they'd come home to a bunch of puddles. My Bad!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

You're lucky you didn't get booted and banned.

[/ QUOTE ]Wouldn't matter, just make a new account and go back time and time again.

This unregulated free account signup is an absolute griefer's paradise, and a disaster waiting to happen. It's going to get far, far worse than it already is until EA do something.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

You're lucky you didn't get booted and banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I wanted to do was play an honest game of hide and seek.

G

how do yas know if theses accounts are the owners or not some people do like to help out other people i know myself i go afk alot an leave my sim hiding at friends lots so i dun need a jump in ... you guys i swear love to complain about everything on this board lol

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

how do yas know if theses accounts are the owners or not some people do like to help out other people i know myself i go afk alot an leave my sim hiding at friends lots so i dun need a jump in ... you guys i swear love to complain about everything on this board lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me...im having fun. I miss playing hide and seek !

G

76 ÷ 4 = 19 total hours.

Nope, it will never get that high. End of day 1 = 15.0; day 2 = 15.3; day 3 = 11.4; day 4 = 8.6. Using the correct algorithm: 25% of current day hours plus 75% of VH from prior day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

how do yas know if theses accounts are the owners or not some people do like to help out other people i know myself i go afk alot an leave my sim hiding at friends lots so i dun need a jump in

[/ QUOTE ]If it was one house... with a very well known owner with a lot of friends... then maybe you might have a point, but as everyone is doing it, and the majority of people go to a store for a few minutes, buy what they want, then leave ... for all those people to be there 23 hours a day seems fairly remote for legitimate purposes, don't ya think?

It's not a case of "wanting something to complain about", it's having the integrity to play fair, and ensuring that the competition does too.

After all, if EA won't do anything about it, then the players have to.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what improvements the developers make to the 'shiny' side of the game, if they do not get to grips with blatant cheating then there won't be anyone except the cheaters left here - which won't be sufficient income for the game to keep going.

That way, nobody wins.

G

Gaby

<blockquote><hr>

Keep in mind that free accounts cannot go to skill or money houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't supposed to be able too...but I have a skill house and a money house...and yea they can come in.They come in all the time and do the money objects then start drama b/c they can't sell it. Or they come in the skill house and beg players to "help them out with money"

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I would be disappointed if 'hide' was completely removed, though I would be happy for it to time out after a few mins. Many people including myself use it to stay green while waiting for other pizza team members or the car for work. I would hate to have to go back to the days of having to time greening to the milisecond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, that too is for the 'unintended use' though I agree with you that it is handy, and surely is not misuse to the extent that the sims padding VH is doing with their 25 circumventing timeout feature is, but if we are to practice what we preach, misuse is misuse, though it pains me to admit it

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

how do yas know if theses accounts are the owners or not some people do like to help out other people i know myself i go afk alot an leave my sim hiding at friends lots so i dun need a jump in

[/ QUOTE ]If it was one house... with a very well known owner with a lot of friends... then maybe you might have a point, but as everyone is doing it, and the majority of people go to a store for a few minutes, buy what they want, then leave ... for all those people to be there 23 hours a day seems fairly remote for legitimate purposes, don't ya think?

It's not a case of "wanting something to complain about", it's having the integrity to play fair, and ensuring that the competition does too.

After all, if EA won't do anything about it, then the players have to.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what improvements the developers make to the 'shiny' side of the game, if they do not get to grips with blatant cheating then there won't be anyone except the cheaters left here - which won't be sufficient income for the game to keep going.

That way, nobody wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO it is not cheating to load a house with your sims. Many of the stores and other properties that do this have so for years with their multiple paid accounts. These players consider themselves power players and they have until recently paid EA for the dubious privilege of being #1 on the list. I don't like this style of gameplay myself but if they were paying for their accounts they had the right to play their sims as they saw fit as long as they were not breaking the TOS. You may not like it but it is not cheating.

I feel that the real issue that's needs to be addressed is how the game was designed for the top 100 lists, especially for the store category. We need a simple directory of stores that are open that is randomized often. Lee suggested at the pub in TC3 months ago the possibility of having players pay to be listed at the top of the list like Google does. I could see maybe doing this if those that paid were shown say in a different color so that we would know they were ads. This would provide extra revenue for EA which would help to keep our game going. Right now the way they have allowed free accounts to boost visitor hours IMO is a big mistake. The power players will stop paying for their extra accounts and just go to free accounts. This is still not cheating but very dumb on EA's part.

I also think free accounts should not be in EA Land. Let free accounts stay in TC3. When they want to play in our regular city they can pay!

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

I also think free accounts should not be in EA Land. Let free accounts stay in TC3. When they want to play in our regular city they can pay!

[/ QUOTE ]

Something I have also been saying for a long time Rem and I agree with you completely. In TC3 they can do everything a paid subscriber can do, without limitations.

In EAland, I go out of my way to sell any free player on the idea that they should be in TC3. And the concerns of TC3 subject to no notice wipes,...as many have said, you get what you "pay" for.

Although,...just a heads up,...I can hear the mob with pitchforks and torches running towards you and I now.... can you run fast? Cuz I figure,....I dont have to run faster than them, just faster than you

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Something I have also been saying for a long time Rem and I agree with you completely. In TC3 they can do everything a paid subscriber can do, without limitations.

In EAland, I go out of my way to sell any free player on the idea that they should be in TC3. And the concerns of TC3 subject to no notice wipes,...as many have said, you get what you "pay" for.

Although,...just a heads up,...I can hear the mob with pitchforks and torches running towards you and I now.... can you run fast? Cuz I figure,....I dont have to run faster than them, just faster than you

[/ QUOTE ]
I got you there because I don't run, I fly

V

vapd3317

Muahahaaha....but I possess federal authority to close a runway

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I still think it's a bad idea to restrict free players to a test center that will always be working out kinks in bugs. Free players do not offer much help in testing process, nor do they know how to report a bug if they found one.

V

vapd3317

dammit....they caught me first....Knew I shouldn't have stopped for doughnuts.

I

imported_remflyer

Lol, should have told you. I don't need a runway. Enjoy the doughnuts!

I

imported_PMS Janet

I agree..the poor store owner who is trying to make it on the list just so someone knows they are open will have a very hard time making it there with all the afk'r free accounts. What happened to the random are you there that maxis use to do? I went to answer my door once and got that..and was 20 seconds away from my account being locked they informed me..next time sign off before going to the door.

P

PB Three

Although I *do* agree that free accounts shouldn't provide visitor time, in the 'store' catagory, 80+% of people use alt sims to boost time. Unfortunate, but true.
There is no *reasonable* way to run a store without doing something 'questionable'.
You gotta compete.

I never really AFK at my store, in fact, I very rarely have alt sims there. (Aside from my roommie alt-sim.)

The TSO/EA Land world is a strange one -- the real world is yet more strange.

*prepares to be flamed*

PB Three

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I still think it's a bad idea to restrict free players to a test center that will always be working out kinks in bugs. Free players do not offer much help in testing process, nor do they know how to report a bug if they found one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well we have just as many bugs here in EA Land. Free players can experience more aspects of the game in TC3. Also I don't think paying players should have to have the responsibility to teach the newbies unless they want to. If you want them in EA Land I suggest you restrict them to the Welcome and Residence categories. I think they should learn and experience the game in TC3 before being unleashed here. Other games have welcome areas that teach the newcomers the ropes before permitting them in the game. It can be very annoying to answer the same questions over and over if you prefer playing your own game rather than being a mentor. If you at least restrict free accounts to Welcome and Residence you would also limit the abuse potential of these accounts but truely I don't think they should be in EA Land at all.

P

PB Three

While it can be frustrating, I still like teaching newbies at my place. In fact, they come in handy when the gardens need watering. I hate doing that, so I pay them to do it for me.

Perhaps there should be an option to allow/disallow free accounts in one's property. Would work like the admit/ban options already in-place.

PB Three

V

vapd3317

I don't feel they should be allowed access to a specific property category. I think we as paying customers should have as an option on the admit list, to select whether free players could enter. That way my properties wouldn't automatically be accessible to free players simply because I have a property they are allowed into. I could choose to allow or prevent them as my option.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I don't feel they should be allowed access to a specific property category. I think we as paying customers should have as an option on the admit list, to select whether free players could enter. That way my properties wouldn't automatically be accessible to free players simply because I have a property they are allowed into. I could choose to allow or prevent them as my option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer this idea as well. I don't mind teaching newbies most days. They often provide hours of entertainment value. I do not wish to be restricted to a welcome lot or residence lot for this. I've enjoyed meeting many new players in my service house. Remember, just because they ask a question , doesn't mean you have to answer them.
You might even have more fun putting them on your ignore list rather than ban list just to see how long it takes them to figure out you aren't listening.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

While it can be frustrating, I still like teaching newbies at my place. In fact, they come in handy when the gardens need watering. I hate doing that, so I pay them to do it for me.

Perhaps there should be an option to allow/disallow free accounts in one's property. Would work like the admit/ban options already in-place.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]
Some players really enjoy being mentors. I don't mind being a mentor once in a while but there are times I just want to kick back and enjoy my game without having to "babysit". If EA decides to continue to allow free accounts in EA Land, yes an option to admit/ban free accounts would be nice. I like that idea.

We really have two issues here. The newbie free accounts and experienced players who are choosing not to pay. I think we need better ways to control these accounts if they are to remain in our city. I don't think they should be contributing to a property's visitor hours unless they are a welcome house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer this idea as well. I don't mind teaching newbies most days. They often provide hours of entertainment value. I do not wish to be restricted to a welcome lot or residence lot for this. I've enjoyed meeting many new players in my service house. Remember, just because they ask a question , doesn't mean you have to answer them.
You might even have more fun putting them on your ignore list rather than ban list just to see how long it takes them to figure out you aren't listening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief, I feel like I must have had my sense of 'humor' surgically removed or something, ffs. Am I the only one that sees this as just a little bit short-sighted and mean?
How quickly would you subscribe to a game if you were snubbed by players who are obviously the ones that know the ropes best and have been there the longest? We *need* these newbies, even the ditzy ones, for the survival of this game! I've spent alot of time in TC3 recently, which obviously mostly has newbies as its' constant and consistent players, and in that time I've met dozens to 50+ newbies at least, and can literally count on one hand the ones that have been 'nerve grinding'.....the others are either eager to learn and catch on fast, are a little bit slow and need just an extra bit of patience, or don't have English as their first language so need just a little bit MORE patience but yet still aren't idiots so that if you can manage to cobble enough words together in their language, accompanied by the ones they know from English, before you know it they are on the path to understanding and then they are SO grateful that somebody took the time to explain things a little further rather than passing them off as illiterate dumbasses. Just last night I had an attack of insomnia and this morning met a sim each from Portuguese, Vietnam, Hungary, and one even from Czechoslovakia! I don't remember ever meeting as many people from such a wide range of foreign countries, and certainly not all in one evening. Only one of those knew such little English that she could *not* communicate other than 'need food please' type of requests, and 'can't speak English' when she received PMs from people, and I felt bad that I didn't know anything other than babblefish that could come close to helping me communicate.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

can literally count on one hand the ones that have been 'nerve grinding

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta have A LOT of fingers. Must be hell trying to find gloves to fit.

Seriously,..... I'm not talking about "newbies". I won't refer to a free player as a newbie, because Ive seen that alot of those "fingers" are paying subscribers alt sims. A newbie subscriber isn't what the house filter suggestion refers to, the suggestion is for it to be applicable to free acounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

can literally count on one hand the ones that have been 'nerve grinding

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta have A LOT of fingers. Must be hell trying to find gloves to fit.

Seriously,..... I'm not talking about "newbies". I won't refer to a free player as a newbie, because Ive seen that alot of those "fingers" are paying subscribers alt sims. A newbie subscriber isn't what the house filter suggestion refers to, the suggestion is for it to be applicable to free acounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you encompass *all* free accounts, rather than just banning the ones that are genuine PITAs whether they are free OR premium as we do now, you will inadvertently catch some newbies, since a large number of them are riding in on the free accounts, either making their decision of whether or not they want to start subscribing premium, or under the circumstance that they will never be able to be premium status, for various reasons. I understand the reasons you're wanting the changes made, but its a wide brush you're painting with, and I just fear that some will get left out that really don't deserve to be left out on their *own* merits, save for the fact that they are not paying for the game at this present time. I can't support anything that allows players to be discriminatory in that fashion based on that one detail alone. We already have a ban list to put sims on that *earn* their position there, by being snots in-game, I don't see a need to add another feature that allows a player to be prejudicial against that whole group of sims, any more than I would support one that allows anti-mafia players to ban every sim that is known to have migrated from Blazing Falls, regardless of its past history, based solely on the fact that that is where they come from. It just isn't right, IMO.

G

*TTL only*

The Top 100 lists in EAL haven't been updated since Tuesday. Maybe this is the dev's way of dealing with the problem. It does make it hard for new properties to make the lists if they are frozen.

I

imported_Shirl1211

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief, I feel like I must have had my sense of 'humor' surgically removed or something, ffs. Am I the only one that sees this as just a little bit short-sighted and mean?
How quickly would you subscribe to a game if you were snubbed by players who are obviously the ones that know the ropes best and have been there the longest? We *need* these newbies, even the ditzy ones, for the survival of this game! I've spent alot of time in TC3 recently, which obviously mostly has newbies as its' constant and consistent players, and in that time I've met dozens to 50+ newbies at least, and can literally count on one hand the ones that have been 'nerve grinding'.....the others are either eager to learn and catch on fast, are a little bit slow and need just an extra bit of patience, or don't have English as their first language so need just a little bit MORE patience but yet still aren't idiots so that if you can manage to cobble enough words together in their language, accompanied by the ones they know from English, before you know it they are on the path to understanding and then they are SO grateful that somebody took the time to explain things a little further rather than passing them off as illiterate dumbasses. Just last night I had an attack of insomnia and this morning met a sim each from Portuguese, Vietnam, Hungary, and one even from Czechoslovakia! I don't remember ever meeting as many people from such a wide range of foreign countries, and certainly not all in one evening. Only one of those knew such little English that she could *not* communicate other than 'need food please' type of requests, and 'can't speak English' when she received PMs from people, and I felt bad that I didn't know anything other than babblefish that could come close to helping me communicate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mainly play in Ea Land and have a store that I go to most of the time. Just this week I have had all kinds of kids with free accounts come in but the worst one and i'm guessing at the age but i'd have to say early teens. This girl ask me for a loan and I told her no becasue I needed my money. She then said "well wat u need it for?" I told her I needed it for food and repairs. I was also playing my husbands sim at the time and she went and got nekkid and stood in front of him. I didn't say another word to her. The last 2 nights have been bad as well since they come it accompanied by 5 or 6 others and around like kids out for recess. I play to RELAX, not entertain the kids. Oh, I almost forgot, thier language was just disgusting and would have been rated X since they we're telling each other what kinds of sexual acts they wanted to do with each other.

S

Suzi Q

I agree that 'Free' accounts should be disposed of. The people running these accounts are of no use whatsoever. They just go around all the skill houses to eat food and green which we can ill afford to do since payouts are so low and objects are breaking every couple of sim hours! They may skill for a while and most continually ask stupid questions like "How do I get money?" and then criticise everything! Surely when they open these free accounts they are made aware that they will not have access to everything?! EA should go back to offering 14 days free trial, that's plenty of time to decide whether you like the game and want to subscribe or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mainly play in Ea Land abd have a store that I go to most of the time. Just this week I havehad all kinds but the worst one was and i'm guessing at the age but i'd have to say early teens. This girl ask me for a loan and I told her no becasue I needed my money. She then said "well wat u need it for?" I told her I needed it for food and repairs. I was also playing my husbands sim at the time and she went and got nekkid and stood in front of him. I didn't say another word to her. The last 2 nights have been bad as well since they come it accompanied by 5 or 6 others and around like kids out for recess. I play to RELAX, not entertain the kids. Oh, I almost forgot, thier language was just disgusting and would have been rated X.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are sims that I too would ban whether they are free or premium, based on that kind of behavior. Nobody's saying, at least I'm not, that you oughtta have to put up with behavior that you find abhorrant from ANY sim, free or premium, but you didn't know how those sims were going to act *before* you came in contact with you, and I don't think it's OK to say that *all* free accounts are going to behave like this, because that just hasn't been my experience. When I meet a jerk, they are a jerk, and I don't much care what kind of account they are on.....likewise for the nice guys. If they are kind, polite, and respectful then insofar as my willingness to do whatever I can to make them feel welcome, whether or not EA is getting any money from them is really not any of my concern. Another thought that comes to mind, is that the institution of such a broad-scale banning seems like it would necessitate being able to view at a glance which accounts are paid and which ones are free, which again I don't think is anybody else's business. There's enough 'lines in the sand' between us vs. them, and this is a time for us to come together as a community, not be separated by economic lines like this. There's far too many negatives with only one potential positive....the saving of 2 seconds that it will take you to b/b/i any player that becomes rude in a manner that you find unacceptable.

V

vapd3317

b/b/i is just far to impersonal a way to deal with those types. I prefer to keep the door to my house set to permissions so they cant enter. I then look em in thier beady little eyes and shoot em with my cannon. With the house on permissions they can't green either. I have my roomies do it too. Ya know what they say,...a family thats shoots together has interlocking fields of fire.

LOCK AND LOAD !!!!!!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are sims that I too would ban whether they are free or premium, based on that kind of behavior. Nobody's saying, at least I'm not, that you oughtta have to put up with behavior that you find abhorrant from ANY sim, free or premium, but you didn't know how those sims were going to act *before* you came in contact with you, and I don't think it's OK to say that *all* free accounts are going to behave like this, because that just hasn't been my experience. When I meet a jerk, they are a jerk, and I don't much care what kind of account they are on.....likewise for the nice guys. If they are kind, polite, and respectful then insofar as my willingness to do whatever I can to make them feel welcome, whether or not EA is getting any money from them is really not any of my concern. Another thought that comes to mind, is that the institution of such a broad-scale banning seems like it would necessitate being able to view at a glance which accounts are paid and which ones are free, which again I don't think is anybody else's business. There's enough 'lines in the sand' between us vs. them, and this is a time for us to come together as a community, not be separated by economic lines like this. There's far too many negatives with only one potential positive....the saving of 2 seconds that it will take you to b/b/i any player that becomes rude in a manner that you find unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The boot and ban features solve alot of these problems for sure. I don't lock up the house since it is a store, and I also don't think that all of the newbs are too young and rude, since I have had some to visit that I found to be fun and respectful and a potentially a good friend!

K

Kendalyn

<blockquote><hr>

Free accounts aren't a bad thing overall, and might well encourage a number of people back into the game - however it's the abuse of them in the way that you're mentioning that is clearly now a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The free account doesn't allow access to real play in EA Land so how will that encourage anyone to come back. I was in the game for 3 years, left to go to SL, decided to come back on the Free Trial but it didn't allow me to have a real look at the game. The only houses I could go in were residential. Am I missing something here?

V

vapd3317

You would have unlimited restrictions in TC3 and be able to do the same game play as subscription players in EAland

K

Kendalyn

<blockquote><hr>

You would have unlimited restrictions in TC3 and be able to do the same game play as subscription players in EAland

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the quick reply

G

There are always those that hurt the system. Maybe free accounts could only stay in one house for a short amount of time.

S

Sinfully Sweet

You know some people in this game really get me mad ... some of you are talking about free players and how you seek them out from there store and blah blah blah ok trust me i own a store and i think right now im between 14 and 30 do you think I can get on the top 9 ..well prob not i really don't want 25 sims on my computer but hey I do have 4 accounts i pay for yes pay for and i hide my sims in my own house and frankly I have a new baby and when he cries I go AFK sometimes for a hour ohhhhhh yes i said an hour then i find some blank seeked my sims out ..Now please tell me what you are complaining about is it 25 sims on a lot of free accounts or is it just hiding sims because i own a store and sorry but i do have a life I can not awnser everyones IM all the time and when i say im gone for a hour im right next to the computer on my bed but i cant always get up if i see a IM or i see some dimwit seeking me out Im just watching my poor sims die lmaooo... I agree its wrong to have 25 sims sit in a store but you all cant assume because there are more then one sim we dont pay for them or they are free accounts and maybe just maybe they went pee or are making dinner whatever.. .. Please dimwits stop seeking my sims out or this new mother is going to hunt you down ....cheers