• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free Accounts & Top Houses

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know some people in this game really get me mad ... some of you are talking about free players and how you seek them out from there store and blah blah blah ok trust me i own a store and i think right now im number 14 do you think I can get on the top 9 ..well prob not i really don't want 25 sims on my computer but hey I do have 4 accounts i pay for yes pay for and i hide my sims in my own house and frankly I have a new baby and when he cries I go AFK sometimes for a hour ohhhhhh yes i said an hour then i find some blank seeked my sims out ..Now please tell me what you are complaining about is it 25 sims on a lot of free accounts or is it just hiding sims because i own a store and sorry but i do have a life I can not awnser everyones IM all the time and when i say im gone for a hour im right next to the computer on my bed but i cant always get up if i see a IM or i see some dimwit seeking me out Im just watching my poor sims die lmaooo... I agree its wrong to have 25 sims sit in a store but you all cant assume because there are more then one sim we dont pay for them or they are free accounts and maybe just maybe they went pee or are making dinner whatever.. .. Please dimwits stop seeking my sims out or this new mother is going to hunt you down ....cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you realize this, but you have just admitted to using a third party program in keeping your 4 accounts from timing out.

S

Sinfully Sweet

OMG bite me no really BITE ME....Cant you read I said im right by my computer ..it takes no effort to click a button to stay online with one finger but I cant type to a mess omg why am i even replying to you lmaoooooo .....

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

You know some people in this game really get me mad ... some of you are talking about free players and how you seek them out from there store and blah blah blah ok trust me i own a store and i think right now im number 14 do you think I can get on the top 9 ..well prob not i really don't want 25 sims on my computer but hey I do have 4 accounts i pay for yes pay for and i hide my sims in my own house and frankly I have a new baby and when he cries I go AFK sometimes for a hour ohhhhhh yes i said an hour then i find some blank seeked my sims out ..Now please tell me what you are complaining about is it 25 sims on a lot of free accounts or is it just hiding sims because i own a store and sorry but i do have a life I can not awnser everyones IM all the time and when i say im gone for a hour im right next to the computer on my bed but i cant always get up if i see a IM or i see some dimwit seeking me out Im just watching my poor sims die lmaooo... I agree its wrong to have 25 sims sit in a store but you all cant assume because there are more then one sim we dont pay for them or they are free accounts and maybe just maybe they went pee or are making dinner whatever.. .. Please dimwits stop seeking my sims out or this new mother is going to hunt you down ....cheers

[/ QUOTE ] <blockquote><hr>

I don't know if you realize this, but you have just admitted to using a third party program in keeping your 4 accounts from timing out.

[/ QUOTE ] <blockquote><hr>

OMG bite me no really BITE ME...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have a point.

S

Sinfully Sweet

Not really since i dont use one but if you guys really want to get into 3rd programs go after afk money lots that are open or 25 sims at a store cause come on u would be clicking every damn sec to keep them on....

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not really since i dont use one but if you guys really want to get into 3rd programs go after afk money lots that are open or 25 sims at a store cause come on u would be clicking every damn sec to keep them on....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but you say or should I say complained in your post that you come back to find all your sims have died, that wouldn't happen if they were able to time out. Personally I don't care that you do that, even though it is technically somewhat the same as botting. People leave their stores open that way so they can make sales without actually being there. That is making money illegally as well. I did once go into one of the very top stores where I know they leave that store AFK for hours at a time with heaps of sims hiding, and did do the seek thing there. As I said, I really don't care about what you are doing, but don't make out like you are innocent in what you are doing. Leaving your sims hiding for a full hour. When what you should be doing is letting them time out.

S

Sinfully Sweet

OMG you are sooooooo damn nit picky ya so i messed up my words i also said i saw them die and im right beside my computer get over it move on .... Now back to my real life....

Before i move on i would like to say you do not own a store because if you did you would know how HARD it is to sit by the computer for hours to get maybe 10 customers that sometimes you need to take a pee or maybe eat something and frankly in my post i said i was by my computer if i need to do something that would take me away from the game i shut it down now really if i wanted to i could leave my store open all day and night but for me i dont so if you have a problem with the stores maybe you need to talk to ea and complain to them cause i would love to have my store open and not have to try to compete with 25 afk sims and dimwit sims who think they know best and seek my sims when im feeding my child but i will tell you this next time i ban you and im sure i wont be the first or last.and maybe next time if you really want to get back at stores for using a 3rd party program make **** sure you have the right store.

G

<blockquote><hr>

OMG you are sooooooo damn nit picky ya so i messed up my words i also said i saw them die and im right beside my computer get over it move on .... Now back to my real life....

Before i move on i would like to say you do not own a store because if you did you would know how HARD it is to sit by the computer for hours to get maybe 10 customers that sometimes you need to take a pee or maybe eat something and frankly in my post i said i was by my computer if i need to do something that would take me away from the game i shut it down now really if i wanted to i could leave my store open all day and night but for me i dont so if you have a problem with the stores maybe you need to talk to ea and complain to them cause i would love to have my store open and not have to try to compete with 25 afk sims and dimwit sims who think they know best and seek my sims when im feeding my child but i will tell you this next time i ban you and im sure i wont be the first or last.and maybe next time if you really want to get back at stores for using a 3rd party program make **** sure you have the right store.

[/ QUOTE ]

For starters, I have not been into your store, let alone seek any of your sims. The store I did that to was talked about considerably in here and I also knew from my own experience that they kept between 12 and 25 sims hiding in there for hours. They would not answer any questions and infact had a sign out the front saying AFK. Now as I have already said, it really doesn't fuss me that people are AFK to keep their store open even though they are actually breaking the rules to do so. But when they do that with multiple sims to gain in the top 100 list they are then causing problems for others who wish to run stores. You yourself have said that, yet you still put 4 sims hiding in your own store AFK for an hour, yes an hour as you put it. What you made obvious in your 1st post you are now trying to deny. Then also when I pointed out what you so clearly said you were doing, you decide to jump on me. As for banning, I was banned from that store that I mentioned earlier yes, 1st time I have ever been banned from anywhere.

S

Sinfully Sweet

I have to put my 4 sims in my store which really its 2 because i need one other account to stock if i didn't have those 2 extra accounts you and anyone else in this city wouldn't even know i had a store so what is a gal to do when she owns a store ?? tryin to make a buck in this game is sooooooo hard now and even trying to keep on the top 100 is even harder so yes i get a little mad when people (ok not you) seek out my sims in the game its annoying and frankly I work hard at this game i have for 5 years ive been playing (non stop) really all im saying is just because your hiding in your store does not mean you are one of those stores that are AFK all the time I am not afk 90% of the time I keep it open and people who have stores put their sims in hiding because we dont want to green all the time .than there are other stores who ruin it for all the other hard working store owners.

I

imported_rpsky3

in production cities, my friend and i for many years had stores. we had our sims sit with us to skill as we kept it open, but were never afk. I think the people that are complaining and want a stop to this madness are actually talking about those stores that have 25 or so free accounts of their own sitting or hiding all day long, even long periods of time afk. which also means that they may have be over-riding the time out feature or cheating in some way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree that 'Free' accounts should be disposed of. The people running these accounts are of no use whatsoever. They just go around all the skill houses to eat food and green which we can ill afford to do since payouts are so low and objects are breaking every couple of sim hours! They may skill for a while and most continually ask stupid questions like "How do I get money?" and then criticise everything! Surely when they open these free accounts they are made aware that they will not have access to everything?! EA should go back to offering 14 days free trial, that's plenty of time to decide whether you like the game and want to subscribe or not.

[/ QUOTE ]Considering free accounts can't (or, at least, shouldn't be able to) get into skill houses, I hardly see this as a problem. Those issues aside, if you're so concerned about being able to afford feeding your guests, try charging a nominal fee for the food! Simple!

*to general*

I can't believe what I'm seeing here! What so many of these comments regarding free accounts amount to is little more than mean-spirited discrimination! Because a few of you don't want to have to deal with them, you are proposing things that effectively shuts them out of the game, creates a hostile "us vs. them" atmosphere, and just generally sends the message, loud and clear, that "new players need not apply".

Yes, some of the free-account players are real jerks. I have a funny feeling a lot of them are Second-Lifers trying to sabotage the game -- AND YOU ARE ALL PLAYING RIGHT INTO THEIR GOALS!

We don't need more restrictions in this game. We need more players with thicker skins and a sense of humor.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Okay, I've sat on my hands long enough.

Look: You are playing a game in which there is interaction between you and other people. If you don't like that, then play offline. Otherwise, you need to accept the fact that there may be others out there who will try to interact with you - and that includes seeking out your hidden sims. If you don't like this, then do what I do when I know real life is going to keep me from tending to my sim's needs: Log off! Otherwise, accept the consequences of leaving your sims alone and vulnerable to those who use the Hide and Seek feature as intended.

I don't want to hear stories about how hard it is to run a store with so many real-life demands. YOU are the one who chose to run a store. Nobody else has forced it on you. So, please, give that argument a rest.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Free accounts aren't a bad thing overall, and might well encourage a number of people back into the game - however it's the abuse of them in the way that you're mentioning that is clearly now a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The free account doesn't allow access to real play in EA Land so how will that encourage anyone to come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free accounts are allowed unrestricted play in TC3, where the gameplay is almost identical to EAL, so that is how players can get longer than a 2 week look while still seeing how restricted they are in EAL, where most of the 'regular' players are. So the incentive to pay would be if you wanted to join someone who only played in EAL, and you didn't want to risk your work being abolished SHOULD a wipe become necessary in TC3 which it might since it is a test city server. Heck, it might even become necessary to wipe EAL, which they *are* entitled to do since we're in BETA. The entire game was wiped before the game went live the first time, and I can't recall a significant reason for it to have been done, just the fact that it was done, and dubbed "The Great Wipe".

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I agree that 'Free' accounts should be disposed of. The people running these accounts are of no use whatsoever. They just go around all the skill houses to eat food and green which we can ill afford to do since payouts are so low and objects are breaking every couple of sim hours! They may skill for a while and most continually ask stupid questions like "How do I get money?" and then criticise everything! Surely when they open these free accounts they are made aware that they will not have access to everything?! EA should go back to offering 14 days free trial, that's plenty of time to decide whether you like the game and want to subscribe or not.

[/ QUOTE ]Considering free accounts can't (or, at least, shouldn't be able to) get into skill houses, I hardly see this as a problem. Those issues aside, if you're so concerned about being able to afford feeding your guests, try charging a nominal fee for the food! Simple!

*to general*

I can't believe what I'm seeing here! What so many of these comments regarding free accounts amount to is little more than mean-spirited discrimination! Because a few of you don't want to have to deal with them, you are proposing things that effectively shuts them out of the game, creates a hostile "us vs. them" atmosphere, and just generally sends the message, loud and clear, that "new players need not apply".

Yes, some of the free-account players are real jerks. I have a funny feeling a lot of them are Second-Lifers trying to sabotage the game -- AND YOU ARE ALL PLAYING RIGHT INTO THEIR GOALS!

We don't need more restrictions in this game. We need more players with thicker skins and a sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God somebody else sees this.....I was beginning to think I was a fuddy duddy who didn't see the *humor* intended with ignoring sims for no reason, or b/b/i for no reason. If people are so fed up with a class of sims in general, then IMO they need to just not play for a while until they get the bad taste out of their mouths....nothing says you can't just not log in for a week or so, and all you need to do to keep your account current is just not cancel the subscription.

G

<blockquote><hr>

really all im saying is just because your hiding in your store does not mean you are one of those stores that are AFK all the time I am not afk 90% of the time I keep it open and people who have stores put their sims in hiding because we dont want to green all the time .

[/ QUOTE ]

Avoiding greening is NOT an acceptable reason to use the hiding feature. You're not the only store in town, if you don't feel like greening, then just log out until you feel like playing the game again. Sometimes it feels as though players think if they're not in game the whole time they are online that they are not getting their $10 a month's worth or something. I don't own a store, which for the most part is because of two reasons. #1 I refuse to cheat to compete with the masses of sims who do cheat, many of whom say they are *forced* to pfffft, no you're not if you have a backbone #2 I too would find it boring to sit in a store alone between customers, and since I am against extended afk'ing and hiding, it just doesn't seem to be worth it. There are other ways that are more fun than running stores or making single money objects to make money, albeit the days of getting rich, even for store owners mind you, is OVER with.