• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For the devs ( Or Grimm specifically)

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since there is a debate over castles and keeps with their design and look, is there any future plans to change these?

Now I'm not asking about a customized option but more if you all are going to change the looks and functionality of them?
Howdy!

Nope no plans as of yet to make any changes to castles or keeps. Seriously people, is converting legacy tile art to hi res just not enough work on my plate for you??? LOL

Seriously though, thanks for the question!

Cheers!
Grimm
(Not affiliated in ANY way to the NBC series. I was first)

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about changing the perimeter tiles of homes to allow planting seeds like is currently being wasted on Magincia? This would of course need to be implemented for courtyards as well. aaaaand while you are at it might as well make it so we can lock things down in the courtyards too. :)

I think that would be cool, but I couldn't begin to conceive of the technical challenges that our engineering team would have to clear to make that happen. But this kind of request is an engineering one, not so much art!

Cheers,
Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Grimm,

any chance that rules for direction of door step will be changed in the future?

It would be really good if we could have door steps east or other direction of the house.It would make my town better looking anyway.

Castles are ugly anyway so let the customizable plots be even more customizable instead.
:)

Regards
The Scandinavian
Well, I'm not much for peering into the future, but it's a possibility. Lord knows what we'd have to do with all the doors in the game to get that working...

*EDIT*
When I say that I'm not much for peering into the future, you should know that I mean... 6 months plus. I'm actually already booked up for the next 6 to 9 months!

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the chances Grimm that you can add the missing tiles into the sets. Like the half and quarter walls that are in the castles but not currently available in the housing menu?

The ones on the parapets?

There are tons of unfinished tile sets. Stairs that are missing directions... walls that are missing pieces... I could point them out for you in Inside UO....

And some just need fabricated. Would be nice if you could just add those in as you are upgrading the graphics.
That's definitely in my long term plans. It's one of the benefits of going 3d with these assets is that we will be able to have templates to go off of from now on, and we will be able to go back and fill in the sets that are missing pieces.

-Grimm