• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For everybody that wants insurance gone....

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we done with junior high type of posting or is this thread getting locked real soon?
Hum?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we done with junior high type of posting or is this thread getting locked real soon?
Hum?
Considering the circumstances, I would say feel free to lock this thread. The idea behind it was initially a joke from another thread making light on this topic..I guess though it has become one more battle ground for another ******** insurance debate.

So I hereby offer my childish tongue out posting with intent of locking this (and the other 6) threads having to do with item insurance on produciton shards. Not only have these been locked by you before for the same reason, but the developers have firmly stated that item insuarance isnt going away. So beyond creating arguement, why allow the debate over the undebateable. I mean heck...all of us master debaters are gonna beat this topic till its limp of its original purpose...kind of like this topic here.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sticks out tongue and says nanners to ending item insurance.*

NANNERS!!!!!

Take that Magdalene!!!!!! Lock it!!!! Lock it!!! *grins*

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

Ahhh, Rico, you really do inspire me to play Siege again. To be drylooted by you I think would be the supreme honour. *smiles*

R

Remy_of_GOR

*sticks out tongue and says nanners to ending item insurance.*

NANNERS!!!!!

Take that Magdalene!!!!!! Lock it!!!! Lock it!!! *grins*
there needs to be a serious discussion about this, dont TRY to get it locked. its unfortunate that these threads always fall back onto a problem that is more than 4 years old. that problem could be worked around and insurance could be removed with some good ideas.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my point , posted by you :

" Most of the chars I play in Fel don't have anything insured as it happens, but that's irrelevant to this particular "discussion".

Wenchy "

If thats not relevant in a thread about insurence I dont know what is
Well, allow me to clarify, because you misunderstood what I was saying. "Most of my chars" means that in Fel I base 7 craft, PvM and RP chars and they don't wear top end insured gear. They eat, sleep and breath in Fel without insuring their kit and if I lose a kit, I have a stack of armour gathering dust in secures as replacements. That means I still have a further 4 chars who do use insurance. My point was that I live a full life in Fel without worrying that I'll lose a suit or some items.

I wouldn't be suggesting a removal of Fel insurance if I didn't believe players could live without it. Or if I never used it. I just prefer taking Fel and all the risks to keeping a fancy suit. You have to decide what's important in UO, and the only pixels I'm attached to are in my stables or secured in my house. Even then, UO is a computer game, and they are still pixels...

Wenchy