• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For everybody that wants insurance gone....

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's easy. Just Click on yourself, then "Toggle Item Insurance," and then uninsure everything that you have insured. Then you will have no insurance in the Abyss Expansion.

Lily

p.s. that awesome feature works NOW too! :)
Lily is one smart cookie.
How about everybody that has posted to have insurance removed from some or all aspects of the game mans up a bit and takes Lily's advice. Remove insurance from all your items and turn off the auto renew. Then go running around in fel PvPing.
When you all show us you are willing to lose all your leet gear or PvP with crap gear then maybe we'll be more inclined to listen to you. I bet not one out of 100 of you has the s@ck to do so.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont forget to also click the toggle that allows others to loot you. *grins*

now if we can only get a thief to wear something worth looting. (oh the irony!)

R

Remy_of_GOR

How about everybody that has posted to have insurance removed from some or all aspects of the game mans up a bit and takes Lily's advice. Remove insurance from all your items and turn off the auto renew. Then go running around in fel PvPing.
When you all show us you are willing to lose all your leet gear or PvP with crap gear then maybe we'll be more inclined to listen to you. I bet not one out of 100 of you has the s@ck to do so.
you need to take logic classes. this is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. they dont want to be easily killed. they want an even playing field that even new players could compete in.

the trammel-style of player that actually DO play in fel would still insure their gear. no even playing field here.

try to think up some good ideas to help solve the issue, not make some moronic statement to try to make yourself look clever.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope you didn't think that quote was so clever it warranted it's own thread. Though you did get a laugh by re-posting it...

Remy is right, if the solution to Fel's issues was to just to not renew our insurance, don't you think we'd just have done so? It needs everyone doing this before it would work, and due to some players thinking Fel = Tram without leaves, only some will have the balls to stop insuring things by themselves.

Most of the chars I play in Fel don't have anything insured as it happens, but that's irrelevant to this particular "discussion".

Wenchy

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, the people who want to get rid of insurance did not consider that losing equipment nowadays often means losing several millions of gold. I agree that insurance (the way it is today) takes the risk out of the game, and something should be done about that. But you cannot first give people rare and very valuable items, and then remove the kind of security you want to have when you wear this equipment.

I personally worked hard to put together a decent suit and weapon for my pirate. I wouldn't want to risk it, as I wouldn't be able to afford a replacement.

The root of the problem is not the insurance, but the introduction of rare and valuable items. In the Early Days, when everybody used GM-crafted exceptional armor, nobody needed insurance. Things could be replaced with a reasonable effort.

Times have changed!

P.S.: Maybe insurance should be limited, but not abolished.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles*

Thank you.

-Galen's player

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need to take logic classes. this is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. they dont want to be easily killed. they want an even playing field that even new players could compete in.

the trammel-style of player that actually DO play in fel would still insure their gear. no even playing field here.

try to think up some good ideas to help solve the issue, not make some moronic statement to try to make yourself look clever.
The only one here looking like a moron is the person who fails to find the humor behind the irony of the statements made. There is no fix necessary and no need to solve anything. Time and time again the developers themselves admitted that thieves were a mistake in Fel, even the games creator admitted this FACT.

The OP was simply restating a quirky solution given to all these thief gripes on insurance...

BTW...when the hell was the last time you saw a serious fel thief wear anymore beyond the blessed clothing and perhaps arcane boots? Dont you see any irony to hearing this type of person calling foul when they themselves take no risk? Oh and death is risk? PHFFT!!!! Without your gold from killing you wtf is MY reward????

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad you don't play Siege. I always have plenty of loot to be looted when killed. Then again, you also play on a shard where very few thieves play...la
I play your home shard, atlantic. I also played Seige for long enough to have a 5X GM tamer. (After AoS I sold the account and didnt bother going back to seige due to RoT) Like others have stated about seige, its the last thief sanctuary...no ty...I prefer PvP...not player vs. griefer.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please stop calling the thief profession griefers. A griefer can play on any template, on any shard, on any facet...la

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, the people who want to get rid of insurance did not consider that losing equipment nowadays often means losing several millions of gold. I agree that insurance (the way it is today) takes the risk out of the game, and something should be done about that. But you cannot first give people rare and very valuable items, and then remove the kind of security you want to have when you wear this equipment.

They realize it...hence the HUGE outcry on thier part to see that it (insurance) be dropped. Instead of taking the time to earn what they want and build thier own uber suits from scratch, they would rather just steal yours at no risk to them. I cant think of a more one sided plea for change than that of the grief thief in this game. (and yes...a thief stealing a item that cost me 100 mil to get in an instant is as far from balance as you get in this game...hence all these ****** insurance threads getting locked.)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please stop calling the thief profession griefers. A griefer can play on any template, on any shard, on any facet...la
I strictly speak of the felucca thief who wishes insurance be dropped simply so they can steal stuff without risk to themselves. You need to wake up and realize this game is not pre AoS...it is not pre trammel..people actually do havehundreds of mils into building one suit. You want the ability to take part of that if not all of it away in an instant, thats griefing no matter what word you try to name it.

If you arent satisfied with stealing artifacts, powerscrolls, and pots, bandies, ect from players in fel then I strongly suggest you stay on seige and stop bothering us production shard people with insurance nonsense.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Dork.
And that fixes what?

Miopic

Do you even understand the issue with insurance?

Obviously not.

By the way. I did it. I lost 3 million in stuff after running around for 3 hours. It was fun. Ill give you that. And I did it because I was bored.

Try it. "Say I have this on me uninsured" and run.

Best money I spent.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I strongly suggest you stay on seige and stop bothering us production shard people with insurance nonsense.
When have I said I was leaving Siege? I would also like to see where I actually started a thread about insurance? I don't play on a shard with it, so it doesn't affect me. I can however have an opinion on the subject, based on my experience as a thief on both ruleset based shards. Are you trying to insinuate that I do not have the right to voice this opinion?...la

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL, earn pixels? Stop it already. Nobody has ever "earned" any pixel in this game. Sorry...it's a game...la

That is entirely my issue with those of your mindset. People really do put alot of time, effort, and sometimes RL money into building a suit nowadays. Now I see this as earning what they get however considering you are only looking for what you can get right now...I hardly can expect you to comprehend this.

C

Connor_Graham

ROFL, earn pixels? Stop it already. Nobody has ever "earned" any pixel in this game. Sorry...it's a game...la
Anyone that has put a significant amount of RL time & effort into obtaining a specific item is considered to have "earned" that item by the time/effort they invested in it. This is a common term in UO, and most MMO's, as you well know.

I don't get why you're being so intentionally obtuse today unless you're just trying to pick a board argument?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hardly can expect you to comprehend this.
Now why would feel it important enough to get personal? In regards to people paying rl money for in-game items...ROFL. That is not "earning" those pixels...heck they don't even belong to the people that are buying them...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone that has put a significant amount of RL time & effort into obtaining a specific item is considered to have "earned" that item by the time/effort they invested in it. This is a common term in UO, and most MMO's, as you well know.

I don't get why you're being so intentionally obtuse today unless you're just trying to pick a board argument?

So by using your definition...if I sit at the bank for a few hours and I steal an item...I've "earned" it? Wouldn't that also go for looting? If a player sits patiently for a corpse to turn to bones, then risk their in game life to rescue the items from said bones...they have "earned" the loot since they invested real life time to get them?

Cool...la

*side note: please try to keep things from getting carried away with comments, it's because of that, that these threads get locked down.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When have I said I was leaving Siege? I would also like to see where I actually started a thread about insurance? I don't play on a shard with it, so it doesn't affect me. I can however have an opinion on the subject, based on my experience as a thief on both ruleset based shards. Are you trying to insinuate that I do not have the right to voice this opinion?...la
You have every right to voice your opinion....as I have every right to counter it here with mine. On the matter of opinions tho people only consider them valid as long as information used for said opinion is up to date. You sir are relying on memories of being a thief pre AoS...a time before item releiance. That was half this games lifetime ago...information to me that is completely out of date.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So by using your definition...if I sit at the bank for a few hours and I steal an item...I've "earned" it? Wouldn't that also go for looting? If a player sits patiently for a corpse to turn to bones, then risk their in game life to rescue the items from said bones...they have "earned" the loot since they invested real life time to get them?

Cool...la

*side note: please try to keep things from getting carried away with comments, it's because of that, that these threads get locked down.

nothing is really earned as a thief...beyond stealing what is allowable at that moment on whatever shard you play. Insurance and the thief nerf with AoS came about for a reason, its five years later and thieves are still asking for what they cant have. Oh and there is a huge difference between the 2 seconds it takes to steal and the 2 monthes it took the victim to earn. earn implies blood sweat and tears (figuratively)...theft is theft...is implies stealing that which was earned by others.

your side note makes me LOL. the whole reason insurance threads get locked is because people are tired of seeing the same stupid threads after five long years. Five long years of the developers saying there will be no change...time and time and time and time again. DUH!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem again, I have visited the production shards from time to time with my thief. Everytime, I shake my head at what the game has become, especially Atlantic...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your side note makes me LOL. the whole reason insurance threads get locked is because people are tired of seeing the same stupid threads after five long years. Five long years of the developers saying there will be no change...time and time and time and time again. DUH!
Then why reply to them? If they bother you so much, let them die...la

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem again, I have visited the production shards from time to time with my thief. Everytime, I shake my head at what the game has become, especially Atlantic...la
visits may leave you with fond memories, but as you admit this game has changed. 5 years of change as a matter of fact. This gap should be all you need to see that fond memories cannot bring back the past beyond the limits of conversation or the scope of your imagination.

I made reference to staying on seige simply to say..."leave your ideals there on insurance if you will...they have no place in todays prodo shard game." feel free to come to atl to steal from spawn protectors...feel free to steal all the artifacts till your heart is content. But the old school thief...that char type is gone from what it was...beyond seige that is.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And thus why these posts keep coming back, there is a pool of players that don't want to see that as a permanent solution to past problems...la

oh you mean the group of about 5 of you who post on your discontent of changes made 5 years ago? you see...I have been around those 10 or so times the developers have said that insurance will not be going away on production shards. If that isnt reason enough to stop insurance threads then perhaps the locked thread rule governing its principle should go into effect.

you argueing the principle behind that principle is a joke in itself...as are any insurance threads...hence the reason the OP made this one as a sort of anti insurance thread. Seems however you just wish to argue your ability to argue, and care little about the content beyond the scope of your own gameplay or perhaps that of your comrades in arms.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been around those 10 or so times the developers have said that insurance will not be going away on production shards. If that isnt reason enough to stop insurance threads then perhaps the locked thread rule governing its principle should go into effect.
Yes, because we all know that the developers have never changed there minds on anything...ever...la

L

Lily

I really hope you didn't think that quote was so clever it warranted it's own thread. Though you did get a laugh by re-posting it...

I got a laugh out of him re-posting it.

*is cookie* yay! :cheerleader:

Lily

Y

Yalp

Please.. peeps calling for removal of insurance from fel is clearly an effort to benefit the few over the many.. cheaters and hackers aren't satisfied with being able to take down anyone who comes to fel.. they wanna strip them of their gear too. Maybe being red with those elite suits isn't so conducive to taking on peerless?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please.. peeps calling for removal of insurance from fel is clearly an effort to benefit the few over the many.. cheaters and hackers aren't satisfied with being able to take down anyone who comes to fel..

Who are you calling "cheaters and hackers"?...la

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People should feel privilaged to be able to loot bandies and other supplies off players. I mean, if you take away insurance then you might please about 5% of the player base while angering 75%. Pvpers want more easy targets in fel and taking away insurance would do the opposite, it would lower the fel population. Most other games ive played, you pretty much never lose your items, UO still has the chance for you to lose items. One of the most absurd suggestions ive heard is allowing reds into the sa areas and removing insurance, that would basically kill the expansion. pvpers already have a huge land mass they hardly use (fel), just add to that.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please.. peeps calling for removal of insurance from fel is clearly an effort to benefit the few over the many.. cheaters and hackers aren't satisfied with being able to take down anyone who comes to fel.. they wanna strip them of their gear too. Maybe being red with those elite suits isn't so conducive to taking on peerless?
Erm, I'm neither a cheat, hacker, griefer or in any way uber, or red. I have suits worth millions, but I'm crap at PvP. If I can figure out how I'd survive in Fel without insurance, I'm sure other Fel residents are capable too. What it comes down to is how resourceful and resillient players are compared to each other. Apparently the majority of Fel players need to toughen up. A lot. I'm less hopeful we'll see much change when there are so many insurance addicts in game, but we need to change.

Or do we wait till we have 2 Trammels before thinking "oops, we messed up" and changing our tune?

Wenchy

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They realize it...hence the HUGE outcry on thier part to see that it (insurance) be dropped. Instead of taking the time to earn what they want and build thier own uber suits from scratch, they would rather just steal yours at no risk to them. I cant think of a more one sided plea for change than that of the grief thief in this game. (and yes...a thief stealing a item that cost me 100 mil to get in an instant is as far from balance as you get in this game...hence all these ****** insurance threads getting locked.)
Hmmm ... you believe Wenchy has a thief and/or want to get people "leet gear"? I don't. I also know that the only thief I have is a FACTION thief ... not even in the theives guild, so I can't steal from other players. I have my own "leet gear". (And anyone who spends 300 mil on a suit is ... wasting money. It doesnt take that much to make a good, even godly, PvP suit, even for a mage.) I don't need or want someone else's stuff. Yet both Wenchy and I are in favor of this, WITH OTHER CHANGES TO THE GAME TO MAKE IT VIABLE.

People cry about spending X years to get their suit "just right". What happened with AoS? All of the gear we ALL had was made obsolete, useless. We lived. We would live again if we could not build a template based soley on a suit (180 dex Archer, anyone? Tamers who use jewels? They would not need nerfs if they could not rely so much on their equipment).

R

Remy_of_GOR

i think the fact people have spent ungodly amounts of gold on suits that have taken years to build shows the inbalance in today's game. where stand those with no gold or years of playing when they want to pvp? removing insurance from felucca is the only way to even the playing field.

D

D'Amavir

That is entirely my issue with those of your mindset. People really do put alot of time, effort, and sometimes RL money into building a suit nowadays. Now I see this as earning what they get however considering you are only looking for what you can get right now...I hardly can expect you to comprehend this.

That's the problem right there! Instead of giving players real content to keep them playing, they played to the greed aspect of their players by introducing overpowered items that people have to have in order to compete. Insurance is just one of the negative effects that that decision has had on the game.

Its a game, if you have fun gathering up all those items to build your suit then you should enjoy having to do it all over again if you lose it. Unless you don't enjoy that. If you don't, then you basically agree with people that say that the item based aspect of UO is what is damaging it.

I am all for players having pixel crack if they need it. Release all the rares and deco items you want, I won't complain. But when you make those items required, it causes people like you to get too attached to them and have nightmares just thinking about losing them.

As for the ridiculous first post, all I can say is DUMB. That's like telling someone that lives in a crime ridden neighborhood that all they have to do to ensure that crime doesn't happen to them is to not commit crime themselves. Holy flawed logic, batman!

D

D'Amavir

i think the fact people have spent ungodly amounts of gold on suits that have taken years to build shows the inbalance in today's game. where stand those with no gold or years of playing when they want to pvp? removing insurance from felucca is the only way to even the playing field.
And bingo was his nameo.

D

D'Amavir

People cry about spending X years to get their suit "just right". What happened with AoS? All of the gear we ALL had was made obsolete, useless. We lived. We would live again if we could not build a template based soley on a suit (180 dex Archer, anyone? Tamers who use jewels? They would not need nerfs if they could not rely so much on their equipment).
Nuh uh. All those people that claimed they would quit if they lost their 'uber items' quit when AoS came out. Didn't they? I mean, they said they would so of course they did right?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I found my answer to insurance.

Folks, argue the issues if you will, name calling is not going to change a thing. I doubt this thread will either. *shrugs* It is what we do, though.

Keep it civil. That is all.

K

Kith Kanan

Remy is right, if the solution to Fel's issues was to just to not renew our insurance, don't you think we'd just have done so? It needs everyone doing this before it would work, and due to some players thinking Fel = Tram without leaves, only some will have the balls to stop insuring things by themselves.

Most of the chars I play in Fel don't have anything insured as it happens, but that's irrelevant to this particular "discussion".

Wenchy
ROFL IRRELEVANT MY HEINI !!!!

K

Kith Kanan

And thus why these posts keep coming back, there is a pool of players that don't want to see that as a permanent solution to past problems...la
And there is a pool of players who want to make sure it stays that way...

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who are you calling "cheaters and hackers"?...la
I don't think he's calling you a cheater, but guess who would get the most out of the absurd notion of removing insurance in fel.

Damn strait, cheaters would walk all over the legit player.

Why dont you offer up some reasonable ideas and we can consider those.

Removing Insurance is a all out joke.

risk vs reward= too much already/ Really it is or there would be more people in fel.

R

Remy_of_GOR

but guess who would get the most out of the absurd notion of removing insurance in fel.
the new players that enjoy pvp that have nothing? the people that dont see 20 300-million gold suits sitting at yew and think they may survive now?

i remember me and my buddy at 3 weeks killing a pk at the crossroads. neither of us knew what we were doing. the pk did and attacked. we won. one reason is he wasnt all powerful against us.

make no mistake, thieves would get something out of it. pvpers would get something out of it. pks would get stuff out of it. i bet 1 out of every ten looted bodies would have something nice on them besides the gm armor.

that is all better than *6400 gold has been deposited in your bank* every time.

L

Lore Master

I love that there is item insurance. not everyone likes the risk of loseing a piece that is worth millions of gold.
  • I don't even have a million gold right now with my 3 accounts and 21 characters combined so loseing lets just say my uncursed armor of fortune that i payed 9 million gold for when i had the gold would be a devastating loss to me.
There is nothing wrong with insurance or pof or blessed items. there should also be no limit to how many times you can use pof on an item. so please dev teams don't change them no matter how many people cry for them because if you poll every player who plays UO i be i would be the majority on this one.
  • To me dieing and loseing insurance money is risk enough to me being poor doesn't help.

D

D'Amavir

I love that there is item insurance. not everyone likes the risk of loseing a piece that is worth millions of gold.
  • I don't even have a million gold right now with my 3 accounts and 21 characters combined so loseing lets just say my uncursed armor of fortune that i payed 9 million gold for when i had the gold would be a devastating loss to me.
There is nothing wrong with insurance or pof or blessed items. there should also be no limit to how many times you can use pof on an item. so please dev teams don't change them no matter how many people cry for them because if you poll every player who plays UO i be i would be the majority on this one.
  • To me dieing and loseing insurance money is risk enough to me being poor doesn't help.
I am sure that if you polled every player in UO and asked them if they wanted you to drop a 10million gold check in their bank most of them would say yes. That's the nature of people that play this game, they want it as easy as they can get it. If you put powerscrolls on mongbats, every spawner would be farming mongbats. Not for the challenge, but because its the easiest way to get a reward. And, whatever is easiest is what they will go for.

The fact that every person against removing insurance does so because they would whine about losing their *insert name of overpriced and overpowered pixel crack item here* just proves the point that items have too much impact in this game.

T

Tom Bombadil

If they did remove insurance would anyone still wear those 100 mil + suits?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make no mistake, thieves would get something out of it. pvpers would get something out of it. pks would get stuff out of it. i bet 1 out of every ten looted bodies would have something nice on them besides the gm armor.

that is all better than *6400 gold has been deposited in your bank* every time.
I was not mistaken, its for that reason why insurance wont be taken out.

Only a few if any want some thief or pk to take gear from them that cant be replaced easily.

Remove insurance and I believe fel becomes even more desolate and exploit ridden than it is now.

New player (nothing)? One week they can be sitting on 400-500k just banging on ettins, and a few all 70's 10th anny pieces.