• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] First impressions

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First impressions so far:

Likes-
1) the hotbars are now dockable!

2) radar combines the depiction of in-game terrain with the KR legends/markers

3) Legacy backpack gump actually shows the legacy backpack (the image of the backpack, not the view), not the Prada-like handbag. I like it because it's squarish and I can arrange the gumps neatly without wasting desktop space

4) The terrain doesn't overly blend into each other anymore

5) Scroll wheel can be re-mapped to targeting under options->mouse

Issues-
1) Boundary of objects is wider than their actual size. This is good for grid view, but for legacy backpack view where you position things like spellbooks in an overlapping manner, the boudary of the object on top blocks the item below

2) In legacy backpack view, when you position something in the backpack, it doesn't place it where you drop it. The reason is when you pick up an item, it's offset a bit higher in your cursor.

3) When selecting targetting options for the scrollwheel down, the last item in the menu isn't shown. Scaling the UI doesn't resolve this as it scales the menu proportionately

4) Everytime you log in, if you are inside a building, the client displays the outside/roof of the building instead of the interior until you move 1 step.

5) Under the scrollwheel mapping, there are 3 "cursor target" options. The first is "cursor target last", second "cursor target self", third is "cursor target current". But the 3rd word is truncated as the menu is too narrow.

Wishlist-
1) Things in backpack highlight when you mouse-over them like in legacy

2) Resizable atlas

3) Resizable radar

4) Docking of hotbars to the edges of the game window

5) (Solved, already exists - pointed out by Traveler - Alt+ numpad+/-) Ability to macro the "zooming" since I will remap the scroll wheel for targetting (already exists - pointed out by Traveler - Alt+ numpad+/-)

6) When creating macros, have the default macro name and icon use what is selected

7) Ability to resize game window by draggin the vertical and horizontal edges instead of just the bottom right arrow

8) Ability to disable gump offset so that containers open on the top right by default (for quick looting)

9) (Solved, see issues) Add target self to the scroll whell targetting

10) Ability to "page" through the default F-1-F12 hotbar like in KR

11) Option to assign keystrokes with a global ctrl/alt/shift so that the macro plays when either left or right ctrl/alt/shift keys are use (to do the same now, I have to record 2 similar macros, and assign 1 to left ctrl + x, and assign the second to right ctrl + x)

12) Ability to create groups/tabs that can be used to organize the macros I have set up. Eg, I would like to create a group to store my "skill use" macros, another to store my magery spells macros etc

13) Current targetting only has a couple of options like hostile/follower/all mobile. The target hostile doesn't work unless the mob has aggro'd you already. Targetting all mobiles can't be used if you have a guildie hunting with you (you attack your guildie). Can a target "gray" be added? Or have a checkbox where I can tick to exclude guildies? (This is not an entirely SA thing I know, same option is missing in KR and Legacy. I was just hoping it will be added to SA)

PS: When is my char gonna look like the render in screenie on the SA site?

C

Cloak&Dagger

The legacy backpack issues are well know and to my knowledge being addressed. As for the zooming, yes you can hotkey them and their defaults are alt + "+" to zoom in alt + "-" to zoom out and alt + "*" for original zoom level.

F

Fink

5) Ability to macro the "zooming" since I will remap the scroll wheel for targetting (already exists - pointed out by Traveler - Alt+ numpad+/-
Those can be re-assigned, also. I believe they're under the Input tab.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
things do highlight on mouse-over, but the highlight is now dark instead of light, and difficult to see

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
things do highlight on mouse-over, but the highlight is now dark instead of light, and difficult to see
Sorry for not being clear, things on the ground highlight, but things in your backpack doesn't.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Added a bunch of items in the wish list since my first post :D
That list is getting long haha.

As for one of the items on your list, can you not bind your macros to the left or right ctrl buttons? I was fairly sure you could select which ctrl you wanted to use, unless you mean to make it "global" so that when you set it to use ctrl, it uses both. Other wise you already can select either left or right ctrl.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1319656 said:
That list is getting long haha.

As for one of the items on your list, can you not bind your macros to the left or right ctrl buttons? I was fairly sure you could select which ctrl you wanted to use, unless you mean to make it "global" so that when you set it to use ctrl, it uses both. Other wise you already can select either left or right ctrl.
It sure is :p *conjures a ring of many wishes*

The binding of the ctrl keys, yes, I mean to have an option to make it global, so that it works not matter if you pressed the left or the right ctrl key (or alt and shift).

At the moment, you have to record 2 macros to make it work globally (one macro assigned to left ctrol + x, the 2nd assigned to right ctrl + x).

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOOOO Just found something!

There are 3 "cursor target" options for the scroll wheel, the 2nd one is for "cursor target self". But because the menu is truncated, you can't see the last word!

C

Cloak&Dagger

OOOOO Just found something!

There are 3 "cursor target" options for the scroll wheel, the 2nd one is for "cursor target self". But because the menu is truncated, you can't see the last word!
Thought I said this somewhere. lol. Oh well obviously was not in your thread haha. First one is cursor target last. I can not figure out what the last one does tho, but then I have not played with it at all (and have not loaded SA since this forum has been up...in fact have not loaded UO at all, been to busy :( )

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1321139 said:
Thought I said this somewhere. lol. Oh well obviously was not in your thread haha. First one is cursor target last. I can not figure out what the last one does tho, but then I have not played with it at all (and have not loaded SA since this forum has been up...in fact have not loaded UO at all, been to busy :( )
That means 1 thing! No one reads my thread! LOL

Last one is current target, I've edited my first post to indicate it under issues. Current target is used in conjuntion with the new targetting system where the object handle/hp bar of your currently selected object is shown. Whatever is shown in that object handle is your "Current" target.

C

Cloak&Dagger

That means 1 thing! No one reads my thread! LOL

Last one is current target, I've edited my first post to indicate it under issues. Current target is used in conjuntion with the new targetting system where the object handle/hp bar of your currently selected object is shown. Whatever is shown in that object handle is your "Current" target.
I been reading it. :p I knew what the name of the last one was, but was not sure what it exactly did, and I guess I didnt notice the update. I usually read it to see if there is anything I can help you with, oh well I am allowed mistakes I think. :p

Edit: oh and as for you logging in inside a building, this issue is the same in all the clients, it has to do with how things are displayed...not sure if they can correct this, I suppose they could force the game to load the same code that loads when you move with out moving you....maybe a bit tricky.

Edit 2: dang...thought this was in another thread but I guess it is in this one, but the "scroll down" issue...if you actually scroll down a tick in that menu it does not cut off the last item, I think the cut off is just from the menu being to small.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1321169 said:
I been reading it. :p I knew what the name of the last one was, but was not sure what it exactly did, and I guess I didnt notice the update. I usually read it to see if there is anything I can help you with, oh well I am allowed mistakes I think. :p

Edit: oh and as for you logging in inside a building, this issue is the same in all the clients, it has to do with how things are displayed...not sure if they can correct this, I suppose they could force the game to load the same code that loads when you move with out moving you....maybe a bit tricky.

Edit 2: dang...thought this was in another thread but I guess it is in this one, but the "scroll down" issue...if you actually scroll down a tick in that menu it does not cut off the last item, I think the cut off is just from the menu being to small.
And thank you for helping out :D

The inside a building happens in KR as well, but not the legacy client, I wonder if they can do the same thing. If you are mounted when you login, there's a split second where it shows you are unmounted, maybe that was an attempt to fix it...or maybe just stuff loading.

In your second edit where you mentioned the truncated option when you scroll down, do you mean the "Forever" option for the chat window? If so, that's in the "chat fade" thread.

C

Cloak&Dagger

And thank you for helping out :D

The inside a building happens in KR as well, but not the legacy client, I wonder if they can do the same thing. If you are mounted when you login, there's a split second where it shows you are unmounted, maybe that was an attempt to fix it...or maybe just stuff loading.

In your second edit where you mentioned the truncated option when you scroll down, do you mean the "Forever" option for the chat window? If so, that's in the "chat fade" thread.
In the legacy client when it first loads it shows the outside of a building and then "something" happens to "move" you so that it shows the inside, I believe it is mounting, I know it stays showing the outside sometimes...perhaps when not mounted? Hard to remember it has been awhile haha.

As for the scroll, I meant for the mouse scroll down binding if you scroll down in the actually menu you should see the bottom option. Not sure that makes sense...maybe I should bring it up and try to desribe it on a visual instead of memory. :p