• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Enhancements: Barricades, Base Guards & Teleporters

K

Kylas

[stumbles into forum]

Anything of true value requires effort. Lessen the effort and so shall ye lessen the value of your effort.

[mumbles off]

Dig

I

imported_Tina Small

Hey, you! Are you missing your green sprite enough yet to come back?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Big guilds crushed the small guilds out of the factions.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if 50 people are in 1 guild or 10 people each are in 5 guilds. They all belong to the same faction and will be fighting you.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Big guilds crushed the small guilds out of the factions.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if 50 people are in 1 guild or 10 people each are in 5 guilds. They all belong to the same faction and will be fighting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is where your think ass head is causing major problems. 5 Small guilds working together with 5 leaders (1 or more from each guild) does not work. People just dont get along like that Link. You keep repeating yourself and the facts stay the same,, small guilds DO NOT WORK WELL TOGETHER.

How would you know? You wouldn't. You haven't been in the factions for 6+ years. Stfu.. Seriously your starting to turn into Danno. You just spit out the same useless, irrelevant information over and over.

G

<blockquote><hr>

5 Small guilds working together with 5 leaders (1 or more from each guild) does not work. People just dont get along like that Link. You keep repeating yourself and the facts stay the same,, small guilds DO NOT WORK WELL TOGETHER.

How would you know? You wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I would because when I played factions the Shadowlords was mostly a collection of individuals and a few small guilds. And that was the time you claimed large guilds bullied smaller ones. We were able to consistently rise to victory even in the most difficult circumstances. Other factions did sometimes have a major guild in them but they did not have any advantage over us because of it.

If those 5 guilds can't work together then 3 of them will most likely be switching to other factions where they can.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

5 Small guilds working together with 5 leaders (1 or more from each guild) does not work. People just dont get along like that Link. You keep repeating yourself and the facts stay the same,, small guilds DO NOT WORK WELL TOGETHER.

How would you know? You wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I would because when I played factions the Shadowlords was mostly a collection of individuals and a few small guilds. And that was the time you claimed large guilds bullied smaller ones. We were able to consistently rise to victory even in the most difficult circumstances. Other factions did sometimes have a major guild in them but they did not have any advantage over us because of it.

If those 5 guilds can't work together then 3 of them will most likely be switching to other factions where they can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that was the case on a few shards, but the majority of them were owned and bullied by large guilds. If you can't understand that several smaller guilds trying to work together to fight one larger guild may have issues with leadership then this is just a waste of time. I'm sure several small guilds have worked good together before, there are a few on GL right now, but for the most part, in the long run it just doesn't work out especially when they are fighting a guild that has more members than all of the small guilds combined.

G

I don't recall much complaining at all about large guilds messing up factions on the MyUO forums. Either it just didn't happen or virtually no one decided to bring up the issue. I have asked for specific guilds which did this and you have not named any.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

I don't recall much complaining at all about large guilds messing up factions on the MyUO forums. Either it just didn't happen or virtually no one decided to bring up the issue. I have asked for specific guilds which did this and you have not named any.

[/ QUOTE ]

There it is again... When did you ask me to name a guild? The best examples of it when factions first came out was Sigil Stealers on Chessy. They held the sigils for longer than a year consecutively because all the smaller guilds couldnt work together well and always were at each others throats. The situation was similar to that on GL when KTFO was running the show if I remember correctly.

Also, you have to remember the pvp community is a lot smaller now. Everyone knows each other for the most part, and pretty much everyone dislikes each other. It's just too rare to see a group of small guilds working together successfully. It just is, take my word for it. Over the last several years while you were playing with your pudd at spawns, I was playing factions on multiple shards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The best examples of it when factions first came out was Sigil Stealers on Chessy. They held the sigils for longer than a year consecutively because all the smaller guilds couldnt work together well and always were at each others throats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigil Stealers didn't show up until August 2001, nearly a year after factions came out. So they were not there since the beginning. There appears to be many rival guilds all doing nearly as well until late 2002, when Champion Spawns stole away most of the remaining faction players.

I find it hilarious how you are complaining about a large guild destroying you. At one point we were beating people so bad one guild decided to join our faction solely to grief our guarding efforts. We still managed to get it done and eventually they gave up.

Just give it up, nothing you are saying is adding up or making sense.

F

Foxie

I'm calling bull as well.

Today the sigils were stolen from the SL base and had to be rescued from the Minax base. They had been reset so that if any faction battles were going to happen, it would be during prime time tonight.

So what happened tonight? Nothing. The Sigils were allowed to corrupt (except one).

So where was this mighty faction guild that would crush all (as long as it was during prime time)?

Spawning.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So what happened tonight? Nothing. The Sigils were allowed to corrupt (except one).

[/ QUOTE ]
All UOMH does now is spawns. The only real chance for us to get a good faction fight in was a couple weeks ago when COM left and let someone take the towns. We reset them constantly for about a week between us and SL. Then UOMH pulled their morning/afternoon guarding stunt and took the towns.

They don't care about towns anymore because they got all their war horses. So now we could guard and they will try a raid. Most likely we will crush them (which is what we've been doing at spawns), they will not raid and we get towns. Then they can just do the same thing again., guard when we can't raid. I've been trying to explain this whole thing since post 1 but people keep saying resetting sigils is the answer when it is not.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
All UOMH does now is spawns. The only real chance for us to get a good faction fight in was a couple weeks ago when COM left and let someone take the towns. We reset them constantly for about a week between us and SL. Then UOMH pulled their morning/afternoon guarding stunt and took the towns.

They don't care about towns anymore because they got all their war horses. So now we could guard and they will try a raid. Most likely we will crush them (which is what we've been doing at spawns), they will not raid and we get towns. Then they can just do the same thing again., guard when we can't raid. I've been trying to explain this whole thing since post 1 but people keep saying resetting sigils is the answer when it is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time after time man, you look like a moron.

You never reset the sigs for a week straight, you reset them for 4 days and then stopped completely. Thats not our fault. UOMH spawns because HOT is never on your faction chars and its the only place we can get a fight. Like I said, there are about 5 of us who are ALWAYS on our faction character but you wouldnt know that because you guys are never on your faction chars.

And you are wrong dumb ass. There was 3 weeks where it was LoLz and Rotn fighting and that would have been a great time for you guys to get involved and have big fights. But you guys drug your feet and ruined the event before it started.

For the last time there was no morning afternoon guarding stint you ignorant pudd. We reset the sigs at NOON and left them in our base. After 7 hours of you guys not taking them back, i checked on them and saw they were in our base and we guarded the last 3 hours.about 7 -10. That is your fault they were not reset. That was your fault you guild didnt have the man power to raid 5 of us. Stop saying its lame tactics,, its tactics and you and your guild just suck.

We would raid you, we do want the towns, you HAVENT GUARDED YET. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? YOU DONT KNOW. So stopping posting this garbage. And dont give me this crap about you owning us at spawns. Your guild doesnt have the sack to attempt a spawn unless you have 50 ppl on. We 4 -5 man spawns easily through out the day and all you guild does is run in and run out.

You post all this crap about us 'guarding' when you are not on and you are waiting for a nite when you have 50000 ppl on to even make you FIRST attempt. We do not have to guard, we own towns. Its your turn to try and take them from us.

So try and take them from us, plz...

This is the reason why the factions are lame anymore. People refuse to attempt a raid or guard and just go rate to the forums and cry about what MIGHT happen.

Just stfu dude.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You never reset the sigs for a week straight, you reset them for 4 days and then stopped completely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and when SL faced the prospect of us trying to guard the sigils that weekend you took the coward way out and guarded on Friday morning/afternoon. That proves that SL is going to guard when we can't possibly raid. Trying to capture the towns is a waste of time.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You never reset the sigs for a week straight, you reset them for 4 days and then stopped completely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and when SL faced the prospect of us trying to guard the sigils that weekend you took the coward way out and guarded on Friday morning/afternoon. That proves that SL is going to guard when we can't possibly raid. Trying to capture the towns is a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you make yourself look like a ******.
Are we supposed to read your mind? Did you say "we are going to guard on the weekend"? YOU NEVER EVEN GUARDED SINCE THEN...The sigils have been line 2 times since then... S T F U.

We guard in the middle of the day... if you are not on during the day,, then thats your problem. You think thats bad? The middle of the day? On GL guilds guard through the night and server up....and STILL have guilds raiding. You are such a waste its not even funny. You are so used to hiding from VIP and living off the scraps that they leave you in that 2 - 3 hour spawn your guild has a ton of people in. Listen to yourself man. Your whining about everything your guild sucks at or doesn't understand about the factions.

G

I'm done replying to you. All you do is come back with petty insults which have no bearing on the conversation. You have done it half a dozen times now. It just shows that your side of the arguement doesn't have enough substance to stand without them.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

I'm done replying to you. All you do is come back with petty insults which have no bearing on the conversation. You have done it half a dozen times now. It just shows that your side of the arguement doesn't have enough substance to stand without them.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, no substance? What ever man. I think I've pointed out plenty information to prove you wrong.

You say big guilds don't have an advantage over small guilds allied together. Almost the entire history of factions proves you wrong.

You say people refuse to fight in factions. Rotn has 5 members on at every spawn we do and HOT logs 1 or 2 oranges in a day at most. Even when you do have people on you do not steal sigs and you do not raid or guard until the last hour.

You say we only fight when your guild is not on, and unfortunately your guild only shows its tags for a 4 hour spans where you have 100 ppl on.

You say our tactics are lame by guarding MID DAY. I cannot tell you how ******** that was. Like I said before on every other shard, for the entire history of the 10 hour faction timer people guard at night and early morning and you say MID DAY is bad. pfft.

You say I insult you and there is nothing I said that insults you more than your own posts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Like I said before on every other shard, for the entire history of the 10 hour faction timer people guard at night and early morning and you say MID DAY is bad. pfft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Like I said before on every other shard, for the entire history of the 10 hour faction timer people guard at night and early morning and you say MID DAY is bad. pfft.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what your getting at. You cry about ppl guarding at night and in the moring and we guarding MID DAY.. and your still crying.. I don't get it. Walk me through your logic.