• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enchanted Bandages

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad these are difficult to get on real shards considering they are 100 silver a bandage because I fought someone on test shard using these and they are literally unstoppable if they have an unlimited supply. My friend and I were playing necro mages and couldn't kill this guy for anything. He was using a bleed, DP, deathstrike dexer, with potions and healing which made it even worse.

a gypsy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 100 silver for 10 enchanted aids, isn't it? 10 silver for one aid? Silver is very easy to get - don't mind the Luna prices.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it's 10 silver per bandage. We may all be doomed to a game full of dexers soon then.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction bandages and enchanted apples should have a shared cooldown. Mages are getting the short end of the stick again..

a gypsy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. And why not? There's a cooldown on both apples and pots.

R

RichDC

Mages cant use them without devoting around 180points out of there template, but dont worry too much guys

“The faction bandaids have proven themselves to be over powered. With dexers combining an apple every 10-15 seconds along with a 4-5 second bandage it makes it nearly impossible to kill one on a decent connection (For mages and dexers). Are there plans to balance them?”

We will be adding a cooldown to the bandages. They will either have a 30-second cooldown OR will share the same 15-second timer as the apples so players cannot use both at the same time. This will be adjusted in Publish 58.

a gypsy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. That's good news!

Yes, mages can use the enchanted aids, but the timer's the same as usual healing, meaning you'd use 10 seconds using an aid on yourself with 30 dex.

P

Piehunter

Mages cant use them without devoting around 180points out of there template, but dont worry too much guys

“The faction bandaids have proven themselves to be over powered. With dexers combining an apple every 10-15 seconds along with a 4-5 second bandage it makes it nearly impossible to kill one on a decent connection (For mages and dexers). Are there plans to balance them?”

We will be adding a cooldown to the bandages. They will either have a 30-second cooldown OR will share the same 15-second timer as the apples so players cannot use both at the same time. This will be adjusted in Publish 58.
You don't know much Rich...

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW, all I hear about is how easy everyone can kill me if they only had their mage char on. People ask me why are you playing a dexxor? dont you know that with mage wepons, mages are the greatest char group? OMG just stop yelling NERF NERF NERF, and play the game. If you think that someone is getting an unfair advantage, maybe you should look at your char a little closer. in todays age the game IS item oriented, that means that you need to have the items to compete with any kind of consistency, so go buy the item. I havent seen a "warrior mage staff" or "spellbook" that gives the warrior the ability to cast gm magic. so i say rock on warriors! do your thing and ill do mine. peace

(PS) i just re read my post and i can see where this may be read in an agressive tone ( if that makes any sense) I assure you that was not my intention im just trying to put it out there, not flame anyone. this post is not directed at any individual and i support this message.

T

Turdnugget

Anyone faction member can use faction bandies even without healing.

It just takes longer if you have lower dex.

a gypsy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, faction mages can also use enchanted aids (and without heal/anat), and i've tried it. I'll stick with the apples and gheal pots, though.

L

Larry

Welcome to the faction world of overpowered dexers.

EA really needs to remove the utter reliance on consumables.

R

Robthemilt

If they were going to take out the consumeables they'd need to do something to the mage heals too.
If you have a solid mage, he can heal through pretty much anything a lone archer can do to him. Unless the archer is carrying a 100mil bow.

The only chance the archers have is mortals, but when is the last time you found a pure mage not chugging or using apples too?

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I didn't mean to create such a fuss about the enchanted bandages (although they probably do need a timer) but I've found my favorite mage template that does well against any mage and any dexer. The only complaint I have is that these enchanted bandages make a dexer quite difficult to take down unless certain steps are taken (dismount or well-coordinated ganking).

L

Larry

Well, I didn't mean to create such a fuss about the enchanted bandages (although they probably do need a timer) but I've found my favorite mage template that does well against any mage and any dexer. The only complaint I have is that these enchanted bandages make a dexer quite difficult to take down unless certain steps are taken (dismount or well-coordinated ganking).
Care to share the template? :)

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone saying mages can use them, by the time bandages kick in for a mage the mortal/bleeds duration is already over.

The change in pub 58 will be nice, but apples and bandages should share a 30 second cool down[minimum]. 15 seconds is still pretty absurd.

To uncle talbo, saying game being item based and saying that you NEED a bandage that removes ALL curses+mortal that also heals is two different things.

Saying a warrior needs bandages is fine, saying a warrior NEEDs these, we'll you're off your rocker.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The change in pub 58 will be nice, but apples and bandages should share a 30 second cool down[minimum]. 15 seconds is still pretty absurd.
Sure you can do that, but put something in to prevent people from chain mortal striking.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't think 15 seconds is out of control? I don't care if there is some kind of built in timer so a char can only be mortal struck one every x amount of seconds. I don't think there should be a cap on the special it self.

Edit: I know dexers will say then you should only be able to FS every x amount of seconds of something along those lines even though mage spells don't do damage AND stop healing at the same time.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Has anyone tested it on test shard?
What happens if you use a bandage macro and you've only got enchanted bandies in your pack? Do you just fail to heal or does it just not remove the curses?

S

Saleena

Has anyone tested it on test shard?
What happens if you use a bandage macro and you've only got enchanted bandies in your pack? Do you just fail to heal or does it just not remove the curses?

It will just Remove the curse as far as I know.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would it remove the curse if that's what the change in pub 58 is for. As far as I know, you don't know what you're talking about. The change in pub 58 is that you can only use one of those bandages every 15 seconds instead of every 4.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Why would it remove the curse if that's what the change in pub 58 is for. As far as I know, you don't know what you're talking about. The change in pub 58 is that you can only use one of those bandages every 15 seconds instead of every 4.
Correct.
Has anyone tested it?
I know my macro for heal self uses the enchanted ones first for some reason.
Wondering if I wont be able to carry them at all or what.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct.
Has anyone tested it?
I know my macro for heal self uses the enchanted ones first for some reason.
Wondering if I wont be able to carry them at all or what.
You'll probably have to set up unique macros for bandages. One for regular bandies and one for faction bandies.

I haven't tested it, but my best guess would be that you'll still be able to use the faction bandies, but it will just heal normally unless you are outside the 15 second timer.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't mind if that's the case. As long as the bandage actually does heal at all.
I make enough silver killing people (and silver farmers) to keep my bandages stocked, but I'd hate to apply one and it do nothing at all, or hit my macro and be told I must wait a few moments and try again or some other bs.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These bandages should have never been put in game. EA was doing a good job for once with the pvp balance then the put these in...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These bandages should have never been put in game. EA was doing a good job for once with the pvp balance then the put these in...
Are you kidding?

From what little I've used them they also heal aside from removing curse. But really, if you're complaining that you can't kill someone because they're removing curse constantly then you probably suck and aren't going to kill them anyways.

R

RichDC

Are you kidding??

These bandages are ridiculously overpowered!

Allowing a player to cure/heal and remove curses at the same time is ridiculous(especially at 3s).

And almost every mage will use some for of curse in there offense...in fact im almost certain to say EVERY mage needs curses at some stage.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're overpowered because they can remove curse? I carry apples anyways so really there isn't much of a difference between the two. I wait for them to spam their corpseskin and curse then apple. This leaves mages running back and forth trying to spam debuffers. In turn they either run or die. They can add the timer doesn't make much difference to me, I don't use them.

So really to say theyre overpowered is kind of a joke when you can just apple anyways.

And almost every mage will use some for of curse in there offense...in fact im almost certain to say EVERY mage needs curses at some stage.
Exp, fs, eo, painspike, poison small spell spam. If you time that right the aids won't matter anyways.

R

RichDC

They are overpowered because they can heal AND remove curses (im not in faction so this may be mis-information), apples just remove the curses, bandies just heal where was the problem with that??

Now they combined them the result is overpowered.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again that just goes back to being able to apple it anyways. The only difference is you have to carry less when using the aids.

R

RichDC

Again that just goes back to being able to apple it anyways. The only difference is you have to carry less when using the aids.

The difference is theyve made it alot easier, and therefore overpowered. Plus the ability to remove curses every 7ish secs

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference is theyve made it alot easier, and therefore overpowered. Plus the ability to remove curses every 7ish secs

Easier compared to what? So you only have to hit one key instead of two?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easier compared to what? So you only have to hit one key instead of two?
The difference is pretty clear.. faction bandies go off every 4 seconds at 150 dex, apples have 15 second timer.

How this corresponds to your previous comment on a mage combo. Assuming I curse you, you start using the faction bandaid. That means I have 4 seconds to cast exp/fs (assuming I don't get disrupted). The reality is your bandaid will go off before the spells hit, significantly reducing damage. It is nearly impossible to kill a dexer 1 v 1 that uses those bandaids exclusively in conjunction with potions and bushido.

It also nullifies mortal strike, because when the bandaid hits it removes the mortal and heals damage.

To say that they aren't overpowered in their current state is ignorant.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference is pretty clear.. faction bandies go off every 4 seconds at 150 dex, apples have 15 second timer.
It doesn't really matter, most mages won't stay in screen long enough to cover the difference of the 11 seconds. They're too busy running off screen precasting or just running away altogether.

And if they're using bushido and pots you're not going to kill them anyways. Let's be real here, there may be 1 or 2 mages that actually fight alone. So it's not going to matter if you get the curse off or not, you'll have several mages casting on you plus whatever other dexers etc that are there.

The real name of this should be "Help it's harder to gank!"

If they want to nerf these dont extend the time gap. Simply make them more expensive and seperate the remove curse and heal with each aid.
So if youre mortaled you have to use 1 to remove it, and another to heal damage.

That could be the only legitimate gripe I can see.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they want to nerf these dont extend the time gap. Simply make them more expensive and seperate the remove curse and heal with each aid.
So if youre mortaled you have to use 1 to remove it, and another to heal damage.

That could be the only legitimate gripe I can see.
That suggestion would be a bigger nerf than the timers..

You realize with your suggestion all I would need to do to stop a heal would be toss a weaken (1st circle, extremly fast, can't be resisted)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They'd have to use two different sets anyways if they slow the timer on the enchanted aids. Who wants to use bandages that take 15 seconds? You can apple in that amount of time.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They'd have to use two different sets anyways if they slow the timer on the enchanted aids. Who wants to use bandages that take 15 seconds? You can apple in that amount of time.
Have you tested this? Do you know for a fact that you can't use a bandaid within 15 seconds, or maybe does it just not remove curse until 15 seconds have passed? I don't know because I haven't tested it.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have no idea, I assumed the whole aid would be 15 seconds. I haven't tested it, I'll test it tonight though.

It seems like a waste to buy them at 100 silver for 10 of them just to use them as a normal aid. I'd be happy if they just got rid of those and the rest of the junk they dropped on us.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Berethrain, I don't know you but you seem like you're the type of person that only pvps with faction bandages and your argument is poor. To not understand that they reduce a mages damage by 30% while healing at the same time.. well if you don't see whats wrong with this I'll just assume that you're some horrible dexer who relies on them.

The bandages are now like apples. After the application of one goes off you can't even attempt to use a second one, it won't just heal without the remove curse on them. After the first one applies its like the apples where you get the "You can't use this item for x amount of seconds".

When this goes live on all shards I foresee a lot of terrible dexers crying because now a mage can actually get spells off that do full damage.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even use them. I'm just tired of mages complaining because it makes it just a little harder for them to gank someone.

I'll just assume you suck because you rely on curse lol. Try a combo sometime.....

And if the aids are just like apples then there still isn't any point for me to carry them. I'll carry apples like always and when you corpseskin and curse me I'll apple, and you can cry about not being able to do any extra damage because I'm carrying apples.

Maybe to accomodate you all more we can just run around naked carrying practice weapons.

R

RichDC

And you still manage to miss the point!!!

I give up, explaining something to a no-skilled dexxer is like tryin to explain the theory of relativity to a 5year old!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even use them. I'm just tired of mages complaining because it makes it just a little harder for them to gank someone.

I'll just assume you suck because you rely on curse lol. Try a combo sometime.....

And if the aids are just like apples then there still isn't any point for me to carry them. I'll carry apples like always and when you corpseskin and curse me I'll apple, and you can cry about not being able to do any extra damage because I'm carrying apples.

Maybe to accomodate you all more we can just run around naked carrying practice weapons.
You clearly never play a mage... only your crappy archer or dexer. So many of you bad TB players I can never remember who is who.