• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA's intent with factions

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point is that Galen is playing while Bere isn't. I am not taking anything away from Bere's experience in factions, galen is playing now where as bere isn't.

My point being if you quit the game walk away from it and statics.
There's just enough posts here for me to kill 10 minutes of my day at work. I won't be going anywhere. :)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With that being said... Bere is an archer.... EEWWWWWWWWWW
If I did come back I think I'd like to play a mage. I'd most likely see grey 95%of the time, but it'd be something different.

Don't get me wrong... Bere is an archer, he barely qualifies for the Hall, but hes in it none the less.
Glad I could scrape by.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rather than bug you with reality, I'll just give you the answer you want.

Of course I don't actually play Factions, I'm a Trammie.

However, all of my characters are in Factions, and I find the Faction Artifacts to be of great use when I tame Cus and take 30 people to to chain Lady Melisandes.

With 30 people, all of whom are clothed head-to-toe in Faction Artifacts of course, and all of whom have exploited Cus with super stats, and all running healing scripts, it only takes us 1.5 hours on average per Mel, not counting the 2 hours it takes us to get 2 sets of keys and only 15 of us are dead at any given time.

-Galen's player
Don't know how you boys are doing mel where ever you are at but 2 of us can take mel down in 15-25 mins tops on siege; discord tamer and wammy archer.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know how you boys are doing mel where ever you are at but 2 of us can take mel down in 15-25 mins tops on siege; discord tamer and wammy archer.
Who cares?

Edit: He wasn't serious...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bere, I keep meaning to ask you this. And you'll have to excuse me, my memory just doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. Must be a casualty of passing that 50-year-old milestone.

Anyway, it was you, was it not, that joined TB towards the end of the time KDL was really active on GL and then would run into the base while we were guarding and manage to get us to try to smack you just out of sheer boredom and then end up getting ourselves guard whacked? I also seem to remember it being you sitting on the bridge one evening yacking with a few of us, while you were perched on a piece of granite, after we'd finished corrupting the sigils. And I remember another time tracking you down and finding you hanging out playing chess or backgammon in that south corner room.

That was you, wasn't it????

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I did come back I think I'd like to play a mage. I'd most likely see grey 95%of the time, but it'd be something different.

Glad I could scrape by.
Well on a mage I am right there with you, seeing OoOo and looking at the world in gray!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway, it was you, was it not, that joined TB towards the end of the time KDL was really active on GL and then would run into the base while we were guarding and manage to get us to try to smack you just out of sheer boredom and then end up getting ourselves guard whacked? I also seem to remember it being you sitting on the bridge one evening yacking with a few of us, while you were perched on a piece of granite, after we'd finished corrupting the sigils. And I remember another time tracking you down and finding you hanging out playing chess or backgammon in that south corner room.
Ah I remember KDL. Especially Agent Smith. He was red archer who used fairies and deathstrike.

That's been awhile Tina but I do remember messing with KDL at some point in their venture on GL. I don't remember if I had joined TB to do it though and I don't recall if I used Meriadoc for this or made another char. It's pretty hazy.

But I do recall messing around on a blue char, and for their amusement they'd attack me. I'd simply yell guards and instantly find myself a nice corpse full of loot. This worked well, until they figured out a nifty trick of just exploding purple pots in their backpack next to me and the area damage would make me face plant. This would allow them to kill a blue without being flagged a criminal. So no more guard whack :/

So if this sounds familiar at all it was probably me, because I do remember also sitting around talking to them. I think I was still in Outcasts at that point but I do know they were a pretty cool bunch.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I remember KDL. Especially Agent Smith. He was red archer who used fairies and deathstrike.

That's been awhile Tina but I do remember messing with KDL at some point in their venture on GL. I don't remember if I had joined TB to do it though and I don't recall if I used Meriadoc for this or made another char. It's pretty hazy.
Meriadoc!! Yes, that's the name I remember. And yes, you did join TB. Your main goal seemed to be to keep that portcullis up. You'd get it going up and I had to get it heading back down again. LOL

:)

And who could forget those darn fairies? I thought I had heard at one time that if you casted them using a red character, there was the potential for them to go after your character, but I don't remember that ever happening.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meriadoc!! Yes, that's the name I remember. And yes, you did join TB. Your main goal seemed to be to keep that portcullis up. You'd get it going up and I had to get it heading back down again. LOL
Lol, if I remember right :O: wasn't very active at the time and trying to amuse myself was limited to goofing around with the gate. For what reason, I really have no idea. There was no way anyone was really going to get in. Especially when they put the guards up front blocked in with vendors. Pretty good thinking on KDL's part.

They guarded that base better than anyone I've known before or since. When we were raiding they'd pick a few of us off and then come flooding out of the gates, mopping our entire crew. I'd say along with KTFO, KDL was probably the hardest guild to fight.

And who could forget those darn fairies? I thought I had heard at one time that if you casted them using a red character, there was the potential for them to go after your character, but I don't remember that ever happening.

Me either, the fairies turned red, and along with the deathstrike, all kill would come up and you were toast. I avoided him probably more than anyone if it were possible.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do remember from KDL, on the rare ocassion that I did make it into the sig room on my thief, they had this one poor girl sit there with her dragon and watch the sigils. This is what she did for 10 hours, and never left. I kept thinking man, that has to be boring. So I'd take a swipe at a sigil only to be eaten by the drag. Rinse and repeat. I'm not sure if I ever made it out of there with a sigil.

R

ReaperNI

been pvping for about 6 months now in guild seen faction rank for level 10 go from 10 points to 150 for TB. i think MIN is over 2k on legends its 25k. Rank has been going crazy. Lets look at rank what it does obousily rank allows you to wear ranked gear. people want to wear gear so they get point either by 1)killing people 2) getting honored 3)Farming. Now Kill points going into the hundreds of thousands is the affect of farmed points. wether your the one farming or you kill a farmer. i say drop rank off gear all together allow ea to set rank at certain point number and allow silver from kill be affected by rank all set by UO. Make old higher rank items less durable and make gaining silver a lil more needful.

Example Rank System
Rank 1 1-10 kill points you get 100 silver for killing
Rank 10 100-up kill points you get 1000 silver
One kill one point no bonuses or percentages

Example Gear System
Old Rank level 1 gear ex Kasa durabilty 255/255
Old Rank level 10 gear ex Orny 50/50
makes so it not like ever week you need silver but atleast ever 6 months or so

As for gear in tram and that sort i say that a New/not great pvper or Rolling Gank Squads (Lets not kid ourseleves ) or Hackers should be not given the same as everyone eles. Any good pvper should welcome a even fight. And you saying the my pvp/pvm Necromage has to buy gold for real world cash (reason for great inflation in luna) to buy another suit just so i can run pvm guild hunts?

I see alot of scared people. And im LMAO come on people are you really that afraid of a trammy wearing faction gear? RUN!!!!!. lolololololol TYR

R

ReaperNI

OH and how bout this no kill points or reseting of orignal stat loss timer for res kills on stated players. of course then alot of guilds would quit without stealth archers to get points TYR

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH and how bout this no kill points or reseting of orignal stat loss timer for res kills on stated players. of course then alot of guilds would quit without stealth archers to get points TYR
No, if you're worried about stats or points, don't get rezed where they can RK you.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do remember from KDL, on the rare ocassion that I did make it into the sig room on my thief, they had this one poor girl sit there with her dragon and watch the sigils. This is what she did for 10 hours, and never left. I kept thinking man, that has to be boring. So I'd take a swipe at a sigil only to be eaten by the drag. Rinse and repeat. I'm not sure if I ever made it out of there with a sigil.
That was me, Bere. Except that I usually used a rune beetle or a hiryu.

I had her on one computer and my thief on another one.

G

Gowron

I don't really care one way or the other about faction arties.

However, these are the beefs I have with factions that I believe need attention.

- Reds shouldn't be allowed into factions
- Faction kills should only be credited in the contested towns and bases.
- Award kill points to faction tinkers who score a kill by the trap laid
- Award kill points to faction thieves who successfully disarm a faction trap
- Award kill points for a successful sigil grab

Faction fighting in dungeons is completely lame in my book, though I do like fighting over champ spawns. I just believe they're two separate styles that should be separated. Consequently, if faction kills only count in contested towns and bases, stat loss should not occur outside of those areas.

Having said that, kill points should erode over time if not updated by new kill points. If the points fall below the required level to maintain posession of the faction arty, well, Poof goes the arty.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was me, Bere. Except that I usually used a rune beetle or a hiryu.

I had her on one computer and my thief on another one.
Lol, I must say you have boat loads more patience than I do.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really care one way or the other about faction arties.

However, these are the beefs I have with factions that I believe need attention.

- Reds shouldn't be allowed into factions
- Faction kills should only be credited in the contested towns and bases.
- Award kill points to faction thieves who successfully disarm a faction trap
- Award kill points for a successful sigil grab

Faction fighting in dungeons is completely lame in my book, though I do like fighting over champ spawns. I just believe they're two separate styles that should be separated. Consequently, if faction kills only count in contested towns and bases, stat loss should not occur outside of those areas.

Having said that, kill points should erode over time if not updated by new kill points. If the points fall below the required level to maintain posession of the faction arty, well, Poof goes the arty.
Reds should be allowed in factions. When you have someone in your own faction griefing you its the only way to fight back. I know a lot of ppl make the argument that reds are the ones that grief but its not true. If you dont like the number of reds in the factions than take it up with the Devs who seem to want nothing but red vs blue pvp.

Since there is very little fighting in the towns and bases there would be pretty much no points. So no... thats a dumb idea.. it would fix nothing. The kill point system worked fine before the devs ****ed it up. A couple minor tweaks could be made but im not gonna get into it. The ranks are what needs to be fixed.. most of all..

Points for trap kills would be great. It was suggested about 200201302901903 times in the past and no one ever listened... But lets hope it works this time.

Disarming a trap, like healing ur guildies, is its own reward... You dont need 'KILL' points for it. I'm all for keeping track and having a statistical database on the webpage that shows how many times you stole, reset or disarmed a trap but to give points for it is silly. With out removing a trap, you will be at a disadvantage,, with out healing your guilides you are at a disadvantage... If you need an incentive to do either don't even think about joining my guild.. Imagine how that would be exploited beyond belief.... people would lay 15 traps,, let their friends in another faction remove them, and then lay another 15... Seriously lets think this **** through..

Points for sigil grabs is a little too general. Like I said before, stats on running and reseting the sigs would be great but giving points for everything is just going to inflate the points. And im not talking inflated points like the current system. Obviously... this is just terrible.. even under the old system sigil grabs could be easily exploited and would just completely crush and inflate the point system.

Faction fighting anywhere is good, and fun. Risk for a reward. The systems actually compliment each other if you ask me. You never get those fights that never end but you get fights that last a long time because you dont see people running in and doing the weak ass kamikazi runs and ****. Its just better quality fighting.

Points do 'erode' over time. Its actually called point decay. You lose 10% every 7 to 10 days. I forget which it is. The current point totals should be deleted and everyone should start over at 0. If you do lose points and do lose a rank, your arty does fall off.. It doesnt disappear, nor should it if u ask me. I think raising the cost by 2 or 3 times would be just fine. This would put them about right on par with some of the insane imbued armor out there.

G

Gowron

I never said that reds were the biggest griefers. I've always acknowledged that blues in Tram are usually worse griefers than reds in Fel. My view on not allowing reds to participate in factions is simply due to no repurcussions in the game for people going red. There used to be serious repurcussions, and it required the red to really be on top of the game. Now there are no repurcussions at all. My point on that was to put in a negative consequence as there are none now, and there should be.

I acknowledge the rejection of thieves and tinkers deserving points, however, they are hardly true killers. Thieves and tinkers in factions have a very low probability of besting a full on combatant. However, they remain a significant portion if not essential in factions.

I guess I'm a bit more of an idealist when it comes to factions, but it's just sad that the bulk of faction fighting is just two groups having at it in random locations, though I've seen most at champ spawns with a second frequency being at the strongholds. I just think the dynamic of fighting takes more talent, strategic and tactical planning, and more demands of environmental awareness if there were better incentives to push the faction engagements into the cities being contested.

PvP is much more interesting to me when the fighting is objective based and less emphasis on just random numbers in random locations.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that I actually brought myself to read your post, this is the only part I'd be ok with. The rest of the ideas are crap.