• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land is Going Offline (Oh happy day!!)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL and if you find one.. let me know the item number and if they have more. i think i should by some and a few extras for back up in case one goes down! lol

[/ QUOTE ]People are selling their souls on eBay, so I can't imagine it would be too hard to get a life!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief.....that brings to mind another saying from another movie. If you let a man sell you a diamond ring for ten cents chances are you just bought a diamond ring not worth a dime......geez. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

EA-Land is back on line

TC3 to get fixed we hope shortly.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]'

Thanks Lee. My neighbor really appreciates it.
Turns out he really hates puppets. Who knew?

I

imported_Spacey

Just hitting reply.

I guess the Lava game is over? When I came home, EALand was already down. I never got the chance to play. *sniff* How was it? Anyone make a match?

I

imported_rpsky3

ok, i had logged the wrong sim in, so i logged the right one in and now am stuck at 64%! lol

K

krazzyspazz

OMFG PEOPLE 120.2KB update...ill be here all nite just to do this upload....

G

<blockquote><hr>

hmm..with the wife out of the picture for 24 hrs..maybe u can lure him away for a while..hehe..give him some of those wonderful assmade cookies, and watch him wash it all down with an assmade smoothie.. he can always move the urn out of the bathroom and stick it outside so we can all mourn the loss of her..or kick her tombstone since the flamigos went on strike and left the yard (damn missing object error)...i was viewing a tree in my yard all damn day today. and i still had no damn fun and my back was killing..so explain that comfort concept to me again?? see if your neighbor will let u benchpress him..if he rejects..can we all watch him fall to the ground?

[/ QUOTE ]

lawdy lawdy its getting late.....this post sounds *really* soap opera-ish, especially the first few lines, until you remember the ongoing banter between those too and what the context is LMAO

I

imported_rpsky3

spacy, we have until next wednesday so your still in luck!

G

<blockquote><hr>

OMFG PEOPLE 120.2KB update...ill be here all nite just to do this upload....

[/ QUOTE ]

say what....120 KB is just a few minutes

At least you'll get to play tonight. TC3 is flubbed up and my account shows up free so I can't do much in EA Land....off to play pogo for a bit since this thread is gonna die down now LOL. Glad everybody's getting in though, YAY for the die-hards that stayed up waiting

I

imported_Spacey

Oh wonderful!!! Ty for the info. I was under the impression it was over at maintainance. Oh happy day lol

BTW I just got into EALand.

G

GregK

Yikes. Sorry 'bout the delay...

We found the problem and both cities are coming back on line.

Regards,
gk

G

I updated for ea land but... when I click my sim to enter the city it says an update is required, I'm stuck in a 120kb update loop.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yikes. Sorry 'bout the delay...

We found the problem and both cities are coming back on line.

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

IOU one dipkiss next time I see you. Glad TC3 is coming back up so fast. That's why I usually do not give credence to rumors

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just hitting reply.

I guess the Lava game is over? When I came home, EALand was already down. I never got the chance to play. *sniff* How was it? Anyone make a match?

[/ QUOTE ]You have until Wednesday to find your match... For your cards, that is!

G

Keep tryin, I just got into a skill lot with 4 other people on it, first try.....oh wait, are you talking TC3 or EAL cuz they both just came back up at the same time. TC3 is where I am, did not try to land anywhere in EAL.

S

SoonersLady

I can get into tc3 but I can't get in to ea land, I have tried many times, it still has that update message.

Help
Plz ty

G

Another one stuck in the 120kb update loop trying to get into EA Land here
Can get into TC3 ok tho, lucky I made a sim there yesterday

G

I patched back to TC3 as you suggested, sorry for the delay but I had to test my new picnic tables lol. Just patched back to EA Land from there and it worked for me, and was able to land a sim that often crashed before, thanks

I

imported_eggchick7

Well I have tried everyway tc tc3 tso ealand with...failure to update or connect to server could be due to maintenance or server issues please click retry or quit baloney...Originally I got the same crud of an update is required of 120kb and I do this and lo! my sims appear temtpting me to go into the game and I click.............and get another game update is required a constant loop da loop...
I did all this at 3 am (GMT) couldnt sleep and then there was nothing available after the downloads so I reckoned must be maintenance
WHATS THE EXCUSE NOW????
Is this always going to b a problem? (reaches for valium)
Last query for anyone reading with the patience of a saint....what am I supposed to do with the old tso client info eg shortcuts and downloads apart from eat them

I

imported_eggchick7

Okay who waved the magic wand??????????????????
I just got in after a different download much bigger.........whats going on? Now I cant play as Ive run outta time and have to go to work, not fair not fair I blame Parizad

G

Is anyone else having issues in EA since the city came back up with crashing to desktop? I can login &amp; go to a lot. But when I try to zoom out to go to another property or leave a lot I crash to desktop most everytime.

I

imported_princess45001

im getting same cant get on hoping it fixes at maintenance

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well I have tried everyway tc tc3 tso ealand with...failure to update or connect to server could be due to maintenance or server issues please click retry or quit baloney...Originally I got the same crud of an update is required of 120kb and I do this and lo! my sims appear temtpting me to go into the game and I click.............and get another game update is required a constant loop da loop...
I did all this at 3 am (GMT) couldnt sleep and then there was nothing available after the downloads so I reckoned must be maintenance
WHATS THE EXCUSE NOW????
Is this always going to b a problem? (reaches for valium)
Last query for anyone reading with the patience of a saint....what am I supposed to do with the old tso client info eg shortcuts and downloads apart from eat them

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what to tell you about the old files. I ditched them myself, but if you're on dialup you might not want to do that until the download becomes available on disk from the EA-Land site. Right now the page still says 'under construction'. Apart from that since its 2:35 AM PST I think if I were you and you have nothing else to do I'd go to bed and get some sleep while the devs are doing the same and hope that they update in the Tech forum if this is a widespread issue and not an isolated one. Not enough people have posted with probs yet to know if it is or not, I don't think....I think I counted only 4 (6?) problems so far, but that's because the patch was finally put out so late at night. When PST, EST and CST wake up we'll start seeing whether or not a big problem exists, or just a few intermittent ones like I was having yesterday.

I patched to both EA Land and TC3, and back and forth with no problem, and no problems entering houses. I cringed trying to decide whether or not to try to patch to EA Land after 28 hours of fighting yesterday to get into TC3, but I took the leap of faith and lucky it didn't backfire.....I might need therapy otherwise LOL.

I

imported_eggchick7

Thanks for the advice CBrew, Im on broadband so just might get hubby to delete the old stuff and if it goes wrong Ill be blaming him! :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for the advice CBrew, Im on broadband so just might get hubby to delete the old stuff and if it goes wrong Ill be blaming him! :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Word of warning! That doesn't work! I tried to blame the hubby for my castanet errors today and all that did was piss him off and cause squabbling which lead to stress on top of stress of not being able to play. So if you're gonna blame him do so under your breath where he can't hear it!
. All kidding aside, I think I would wait for a while until the castanet errors disappear from the initial downloads for a few weeks before trying it. I had to try up to 13 times in a row to get past those little buggers, and I dont know how tenacious you are, or how easy it is for you to wanna throw the computer, if not the hubby, against the wall. (LOL to the second, but maybe not the first, this is a new computer and damn near got axed, much to the chagrin of the hubby, I think he'd have rathered I threaten to beat him
LOL)