• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land is being shut down in 10 minutes

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_LFancey

I am going to shut down EA-Land shortly and bring it right back. We are going to add hardware to the city.

Should be a short bounce but I will keep you informed.

Cheers,
Lee

H

hollythor

As always, thank you Lee for informing us subscribing customers!!! 8)

M

maximumNugget

ha ha lee

just got home, from work and wasn't in the game for a min ( lol ) and it went down, lol that is two funny, so on that note will this new hardware frix the lag issues ????? i hope so !!

hugs Max

M

Monkeybear

Do cream bear suits count as hardware?

My sim hasnt greened for over 24 hours

I

imported_fajjaa

These turbo charged hamsters sound very impressive. As long as you can keep them pointed in the right direction. I hope they can keep the city from being to busy to play. It was ok when we had other cities to play, but now that we only have one city for an option, being told the city is too busy is not my favorite pop up.

P

Paulina

Wooot, does that mean we will have jet engine power to propel us to a property or our jobs faster? Because I tell ya, the rides on those puddle planes didn't cut it. The approach to land took forever, and the water landings were not the greatest either, especially if there were bears floating around, looking for cream bearsuites.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Wooot, does that mean we will have jet engine power to propel us to a property or our jobs faster? Because I tell ya, the rides on those puddle planes didn't cut it. The approach to land took forever, and the water landings were not the greatest either, especially if there were bears floating around, looking for cream bearsuites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! You got to land? I usually just got tossed out the door with a huge parachute by some guy patting me on the shoulder with a wicked evil grin.

J

Jafo

Wouldn't make more sense to do this upgrades during non-peak times? Sheesh..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow! You got to land? I usually just got tossed out the door with a huge parachute by some guy patting me on the shoulder with a wicked evil grin.

[/ QUOTE ]You got a parachute???

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Non peak times for who? With so many different time zones around the world, it is always peak time for someone.

Besides which, the devs do the upgrades when they are at work and can monitor to make sure that all is working as it should do.

Polly

I

imported_LFancey

A few of the computers are being pesty right now..

Updates when I have a chance...

Lee

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I betcha it was the same guy that gave me the boot at work the other day, he had this evil grin on his face too. This dude gets around. Did you see the bears? They scare me..lol

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Non peak times for who? With so many different time zones around the world, it is always peak time for someone.

Besides which, the devs do the upgrades when they are at work and can monitor to make sure that all is working as it should do.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

How about choosing the time zone(s) where most of your users are from? I mean, seriously, most of the users are from N America, which gives you a three hour or so time frame to minimize annoying most of your customers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

How about choosing the time zone(s) where most of your users are from? I mean, seriously, most of the users are from N America, which gives you a three hour or so time frame to minimize annoying most of your customers.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's only a few annoyed now....the rest are either in TC3 playing their sims there, or are off doing other stuff since they know these downtimes are inevitable and necessary

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Would you want to come in to work at two o'clock in the morning, without pay, to work on computer issues???

I'm pretty sure the devs don't either.

I

imported_PMS Janet

"Passes Polly the Pizza" for working so hard...The Devs always find time to make sure I go and do laundry...not sure if that is a good or bad thing. See everyone after laundry is done or EA Land is back up.

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Would you want to come in to work at two o'clock in the morning, without pay, to work on computer issues???

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, ea only pays during the daytime.

BTW, I work at 2am all the time applying upgrades and patches to servers. It is common practice to do such things during non peak usage.

P

Paulina

ttl
Any word yet on the jet engines being ready to blast off yet?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, ea only pays during the daytime.

BTW, I work at 2am all the time applying upgrades and patches to servers. It is common practice to do such things during non peak usage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you routinely work the night shift, but these guys work days.....no matter what you think it's is NOT right to expect them to be around during the day AND the night...people do have to sleep every now and then, even if they don't have some sort of social life away from the game. I suppose they could have given somebody a few daytime days off to come in and do this kind of thing at night, but then that would have pissed off the European, Australian and players from other countries that I've met in the last week. There are just as many players on during the nights that I have insomnia in TC3 than there is during the day, its just *different* players, so there really is no peak time anymore, per se. It's just peak time for us, and peak time for them. The foreign players get enough shafts in how they are treated by EA, I don't think asking them to deal with another one is very right.

G

Businesses pay a premium for doing those upgrades out of hours - usually by large overtime bills, or salaries weighted to cover the 24 hour call out.

We have two cities to play in and we get one update a week per city. In the past few months, I haven't really seen that many serious complaints about this, most people are usually excited for the update/improvement to the game.

The devs are all working silly hours as it is, personally I'd much prefer these kind of things are done when they have the full support of everyone needed at hand, rather than a skeleton crew on a nightshift - or worse still an increase in our monthly subscription to subsidise out of hours (for North American players) updates.

Polly

I

imported_LFancey

Ok I have two choices I can punt and roll back to less hardware or we can spend a little more time to try to get these extra machines up and running and see if lag gets better...

I am going to give this 20 more minutes before I call the ball...

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

By the way.. there is TC3... Go try to break that city for us... we need to stress test code.

It is part of the reason we run two cities...

Keep in mind folks stuff like this involves 4 departments. Its easiest and we get benifits like teams being awake. A full staff and bosses for me to yell at when they are not going fast enough.

We are working on it.

Lee

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I have two choices I can punt and roll back to less hardware or we can spend a little more time to try to get these extra machines up and running and see if lag gets better...

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather wait a little longer and see the lag gone.

P

Paulina

Take the extra 20 minutes..I will just put my helmet and pillows for padding the tush to land aside. Are we going to have to sign a waiver of some kind, to not hold you responsible for the extra speed in case, should I say go " Pow to the moon?"

I

imported_PMS Janet

I will definately wait..wish I could say the same about my laundry.

I

imported_Armonia

ok I am waiting patiently. going to go play pogo for a bit. Hope this fixes that lag.

E

ephemeral

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That happened to me frequently...it comes with the territory.

S

Sims2

I would rather wait a little longer and see the lag gone.

i would to anything to help get rid of the lag especially when working

thanks for anything that gets done gj

I

Isimsalotta

Thanks Lee for the updates~And I say "Full Speed Ahead!" Keep on with your Hardware additions!

These updates are needed and we should all appreciate them~No matter when they are implemented! This will help our game for the long haul! I am here for the long haul not a quick fix just to get the city back up.

G

Longer Downtime for better quality! We need to see if this new hardware will help with the lag! Let's stay down to make the game better!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]Roger ball...

(I've always wanted to say that
)

As far as I'm concerned - If it means getting rid of the lag, you can take EAL down for the rest of the week!

G

Ditto... Take your time, Lee. The bf is loving it that I have to spend time talking to him rather than be glued to my keyboard. LOL

C

Catwoman1966

Keep up the good work Lee, I'd rather wait and have things done properly!

Keep yelling at them bosses! LOL

We appreciate all you do

Cat.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]Roger ball...

(I've always wanted to say that
)

As far as I'm concerned - If it means getting rid of the lag, you can take EAL down for the rest of the week!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO I wouldn't go that far but what ever it takes to get the lag gone.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

so did anyone bring the popcorn ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.. I did.......... but...I eat it

Cat.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i want some too :O
going to get the coke

I

imported_CherryBomb

<blockquote><hr>

A few of the computers are being pesty right now..

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, that be the main problem, these days. There is never a cutlass around when you really need one.

CherryBomb

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

and yoiu didn't share with the rest ?? Shame ON YOU !!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, if it has potential to help the lag (I don't know if it's been said whether that's what the extra hardware is for) then I'd say it'd be worth it even to be down for a few hours if when we logged back in the city was more playable, with less lag and less error 23s. I hadn't played in EAL for a while before Monday, and it didn't take me long to remember why that was...the lag is really bad and I'd assume with more servers rolling in that it might get worse, at least until the top 100 list has more houses from the merged city in it....right now we're all cramming into houses on one part of the map, which is also affecting lag.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep on keepin on Lee.