• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Double checking the rule...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still trying to find anything more recent than that FoF that has word from anyone official regarding blocking items INSIDE a stronghold. As mentioned above, a guildmate reminded me a few days ago that back around the time the sigil corruption/purification times changed and the war zones went into place, there seemed to be some confusion on the part of the GMs regarding a lot of faction rules.

I think one issue of concern was using vendors to corral guards outside of the TB and COM bases or around town sigil posts, making it very difficult for an enemy to kill the guards. It is a lot easier to kill the guards when you can lure them away a few at a time instead of trying to approach a cluster of 10-30 of them all piled in a 5x5 square.

I believe the GMs were at that time cracking down hard (on some shards at least) on faction sheriffs/finance ministers that used the guard-corraling tactic. At the same time, some factions were also taking the opportunity to whine about blocking items in strongholds and perhaps succeeded in some cases in having the GMs warn folks about blocking items.

That seems to have been the case in this thread that started on October 16, 2008: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107102. This was right about the time I remember there being a hullabaloo on Sonoma about guard-corraling.

W

wee papa smurf

To the OP, if you wanted to you could block EVERY single tile inside your base. You wont get banned, i've had 125 candleabras on one tile before and nothing was done, and all you that disagree :talktothehand:

:danceb:

C

Cloak&Dagger

Again Tina that is the most up to date official response as to what is legal and what is not. The only other thing that happen was they made vendors so that you can walk through them (guard too? Just remembered I ran through a ton of guards the other day not sure if I just happened to get through a clearing or if I actually went through them) Aside from that change the FoF is the most recent rules as far as blocking in the stronghold goes.

As per your post above the thing with vendors and candelabras has to do with Cities, not strongholds :)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a sync issue. It's been around a LONG time. It's why re-sync with server was removed. If you place your barricades several deep (more then 5 tiles) the server should stick them somewhere in the middle. I believe if you have any action item like a trap that too will stop them on that tile.

You might give that a try.
Thanks! I will try that and see if that stops em.:danceb::danceb::danceb:

If anything goes inside the base, I don't see how trapping a dead person in there is considered harrassment. :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a sync issue. It's been around a LONG time. It's why re-sync with server was removed. If you place your barricades several deep (more then 5 tiles) the server should stick them somewhere in the middle. I believe if you have any action item like a trap that too will stop them on that tile.

You might give that a try.
This used to be the case when the passable check was server side. You could cast a spell to rubberband over a few rows.

Now the check is clientside and people have hacked their mul files to make all sorts of things passable that shouldn't be.

Actually, one person hacked the Mul file and shared it with a bunch of script kiddies who couldn't tie their own shoes.

So when you find an item that works you should be able to use it for a while, because most of these kids are too dumb to add that to their passable list.

G

Gilthas0130

lol dig for the win.....haha yeah people blocking is legal been that way for longer than i can remember.
this only applies for faction bases.

that was the days the ore wouldn't decay.....and if it was place inside a box the box would stay as well.....you needed the boxes to stop people from walk through it.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on what GM gets paged - it's 50/50.

One will say it's illegal and remove all the items from the barricade instantly - Another will say there is nothing wrong with it.

Yep.....

We all know how some GM's dont have a clue whats going on. I havnt played in over a year but its always been that way.

K

Kylas

I think one issue of concern was using vendors to corral guards outside of the TB and COM bases or around town sigil posts, making it very difficult for an enemy to kill the guards. It is a lot easier to kill the guards when you can lure them away a few at a time instead of trying to approach a cluster of 10-30 of them all piled in a 5x5 square.
I cant comment on anything after I left Tina. However guard turrets where always legal. We made them on the second day of factions and for years after that.

The rule was simple. The turret was legal as long as you didn't block anything that could be accessed by the public.

Examples of illegal turrets:

1. A turret in front of a building door is a NO-GO. So is leaving a pet.
2. A turret in the doorway of a corral is not legal.

Examples of legal turrets:

3. A turret out in the middle of an open area with a tile of space around it is legal.
4. A turret in the middle of the corral is legal.

IMO there should be no rules either way. It was this way for several years before the trammy developers took power.

When AOS came out the guards took a huge nerf. It became trivial to kill them. I could solo a 40 stack in just a few minutes. The AI for the guards was still based on P11 and couldn't couple with the changes to the casting system.

All it takes is one person to distract the guards and the other can kill at will.

Dig

R

RichDC

So when you find an item that works you should be able to use it for a while, because most of these kids are too dumb to add that to their passabl]

I have been told and seems to work pretty effectively m that soulstone frags(due to there code being server side) are unable to be walked over with that programme,

C

Cloak&Dagger

So when you find an item that works you should be able to use it for a while, because most of these kids are too dumb to add that to their passabl]

I have been told and seems to work pretty effectively m that soulstone frags(due to there code being server side) are unable to be walked over with that programme,
Well...while they are coded server side the code for movement is bound to the client, so it is still possible for them to modify it to walk over it. But they do work currently, and some items are harder to figure out than others. :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hay stacks worked for a little while, those pink valentines day baskets work if you can get enough.

Seriously most of the ppl that use these mods couldn't tie their own shoes (which is why they wear velcro).

If you find an item that wasn't modded in the mul file they downloaded from some website they won't know what to do.