Does Dmg Increase count as 1 of the 5 imbuing?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Coragin

When you blacksmith a weapon, does the natural 45% dmg increase count as one of the 5 imbuing slots you can have?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2007
Kind of lame if you ask me, but yes, it does, so you can actually only imbue an extra 4 slots. Or if you wanted to pick 5 slots, you could get a non-exceptonal weapon from an npc, but then you would be limited to 450% total intensity instead of 500.

C

Coragin

So the regular dmg increase from exceptional smithing counts and you can only add 50% of "Hit X"? Seems like this imbuing isint for weapons at all but for jewels and some armor.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2007
Yep, im at 120 imbuing and from what I have seen I have to agree. Maybe they will still make some changes, but right now the way they have everything balanced and weighted it really sucks for weapons... especially when you consider how insanely fast weapons lose durability now. From what I have seen the weapon you make will sometimes not even last long enough to farm the resources to replace the weapon when it breaks. So you will be doing nothing but repeating an endless cycle.

Work to farm ingredients so that you can replace the weapon you wore out while farming ingredients. There is no real progress or gain.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
The speed of durability loss + the fact that damage increase limits weapons to 4 extra mods = imbued weapons suck

Unless of course you need DI. You can still make some decent weapons with imbuing. They still get damaged fast though.

W

weezer

I think the system is balanced.

The point of the imbuing is to get what you want. The val/vertie hammers/ heartwood kit made weapons should still be better and if you are "lucky" you get what you want. This way it keeps both professions useful. I don't think imbued weapons should be the best possible out there.

I do agree that weapons are losing durability too fast. I also think imbued weapons are a lot more useful in PVP as the PVP desired mods can be a lot more specific.

G

guum

The speed of durability loss + the fact that damage increase limits weapons to 4 extra mods = imbued weapons suck
Weapons are, without a doubt, the slot that is benefitting most from imbuing.

T

Thangorodrim

In my opinion, the weighting is killing imbuing.

Someone give me an example of how 'bad' imbuing would be if all properties were simply weighted at 1.0.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008

Someone give me an example of how 'bad' imbuing would be if all properties were simply weighted at 1.0.
no worse than smith + duped val hammers <_<

G

guum

I'm inclined to agree, but I think there are a couple of things, at minimum, that should be done to make imbuing better if weights are going to stay in. First, cap weights at 1.2x. Second, make the weight assignments actually make sense. There's no reason why UBWS should be 1.4x while EP is 1.0x. EP is the superior mod, by a large margin.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
Ring + bracelet with each:
- 15 peace
- 15 vet
- 15 animal lore
- 15 animal tame
- 15 music
Giving together 150 skillpoints to a bard/peace-tamer template

G

guum

- 15 peace
- 15 vet
- 15 animal lore
- 15 animal tame
- 15 music
This is a common example, but I just don't see it happening or being effective. What are you going to do for damage on that template? You won't have any SDI, since all your jewelry slots are taken up by skills. What are you going to do for defense? You won't have any DCI, since all your jewelry slots are taken up by skills. You likely won't have 6/2 casting (you'd have to do some serious suit contortionism to manage it, and it'd be at the cost of other important stuff). Sure, you could grab 150 skillpoints from jewels, but you'd be horribly handicapped in other ways. Much better jewelry combos would be something like:

3 FCR on each
1 FC on each
2 +15 skills on each
+15 DCI on each

Then you'd actually have a workable character maybe. ;) Or use an Orny and a ring with 3 skills, DCI, and 3 FCR. Anyway, the point is that skills aren't a game-breaking mod if you have to sacrifice other stuff to get them.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Hey, I'd be all for what I could do before ... +15 HCI, +15 DCI, +25 DI +25 EP, +8 LMC x2 (or x4 on a Gargoyle) ... and I could sure use a wep that is +50 DI, +30 SSI, +46 Mana Leech, +46 HLD, +46 Hit Harm, not to mention the runic made gargish stone armor with my handpicked mods.

Oh, that's right ... I told the Developer's how I would exploit that system and flood the market with such items until runics and hunting had no value. Damn, stupid me.

I will say I think the increased weapon damage is seriously bogus. It doesnt affect only Imbued weapons (and it should not affect them at all, either!) but also regular weapons. The funny thing was, in beta we discussed how just the OPPOSITE was needed for Imbued weapons ... that they needed a LESSER damage rate. Draconi even concurred about the issue ... so the implemented the exact opposite. Excellent.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
- 15 peace
- 15 vet
- 15 animal lore
- 15 animal tame
- 15 music
This is a common example, but I just don't see it happening or being effective. What are you going to do for damage on that template? You won't have any SDI, since all your jewelry slots are taken up by skills. What are you going to do for defense? You won't have any DCI, since all your jewelry slots are taken up by skills. You likely won't have 6/2 casting (you'd have to do some serious suit contortionism to manage it, and it'd be at the cost of other important stuff). Sure, you could grab 150 skillpoints from jewels, but you'd be horribly handicapped in other ways.
Considering how few mobs are Bard Immune, that would be a power character. What more does he really need to deal damage to 90% of the creatures in the game?

120 Tame
120 Music
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Peace

That's a very powerful template in PvM.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
That's a very powerful template in PvM.
You missed some skillpoints. *g* But it is the direction that I wanted to point into ....
like ...
120 tame, vet, lore
120 music, peace, discord
110 mage, 40 med/focus (150 additional skillpoints from jewelry only)
or even worse ...
120 provo + 30 magery (150 additional skillpoints + add some mana reg on equippment)
With lowering vet + including some more skillitems (spellbook, travesty mask, library talisman, song woven mantle) you could even bring magery high enough (92) to not fail on invis anymore.

Btw ... calculations like this one were one of the reasons for skills becoming a higher weighting.