• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

does bloodwood ever spawn?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All switching it back to the static system will do is give the scriptors free reign on whatever resource they want... making the end effects of scripting WORSE.

Look, you're NOT going to end scripting resource gathering (outside of actual GM policing) without using and even WORSE system than anything tried so far.
The REAL issue is not rare resources It is the damm donations! If they didnt have such a better point count for frost and valorite We wouldn't be in this stinking mess! Except for the britan library Valorite is the LEAST sought after Ingot IN GAME! The ONLY other use for it is for crafting ML recipes to unravel! Thats right to make items that you will DESTROY!
I think the perfect model to follow regarding mining/jacking has to be the skill imbuing. Before imbuing, scripters controlled the armor market through mass barbed kit production (and val hammer duping). What's better, a random system which requires a scripter to script 5 hours to get his share of valorite, or a static system which allows a casual player to get his share in a half hour? That's what we have to decide. To me, the player's need to pay a scripter depends on the desire to acquire. If there's no desire, IE, random makes me sad panda, then no one will mine/jack, they'll only buy from scripters. If a person can get what they want, there is less need to buy.

I think what we can all agree on is scripters aren't going anywhere. The only question is why create random systems if all they do is hurt casual players? And that's why, I assume, Mesanna said she and the team want to return to a non-random system.

Static means people who sell resources legitimately will suffer, and BOD rewards will devalue. And library collection items will devalue. It's a case of what you want more, time or money...in a situation where time does not inherently equal money ;P.

S

Sevin0oo0

Lumberjacks have it far worse off, than miners. About the only thing Lumberjacks have over miners is that one swing, yields 10 wood (or 20), instead of 2 ingots (or 4 at best).
Maybe that should be balanced - nothing made w/ logs, boards only - and have the same failure rates of smelting for the logs to board conversion.

Personally, i think it's All a big FAIL. This has been revisited and looked in to by the Devs in the past at least once, is it thought they'll keep going back until they get it right? Dreamers.
Sure, it might get fixed in a few yrs, same way it does w/other problems (or not) ....sorry, you'll have to wait without me

Charin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How do LJ's have it worse... I can go out and hit a forrest and get each type of wood.. every time. Thats without a way to bump it up.. and mining I have only hit one valorite spot.. yes I can bump it but the point is simple.. 1 Val node period out of 6 months of mining. Smiths have BODs to fill... what do you do with your wood? On napa Ill trade ya frost and blood and heart for valorite lol its much easier for me to find those. Messena if you go back to Static system would make alot of us happy,.. and thanky for thinking about it.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im glad people script it,id rather buy it than waste my time mining,but i dont evn buy it i get mine from idocs

Z

Zyon Rockler

I would like to make a few points, if I can. Wood is ok, random. I mean I really don't like it but let's just go with it. 1, make spawns carry resources, add new spawns like tree fellows. Make the high end hard to kill and spawn rarely, now you have 2 ways to get your wood. This is very important because you should be able to get everything off of spawns. Basics would be, regs, potions, bandages, possibly food and water, especially in animal groups.

Next, put into Quests from where you ask an NPC, Where can I find some good wood? Some NPCs would just look at you funny. Some might say, East of Yew, in the thicket is a fine place to be getting some wood.

Also, a tool maybe could use moon cycles and pin point types of wood.

The real problem, I think, is if anyone remembers, when you walk up to a tree, it should look like the type of tree you expect to get wood off of, right?

Did anyone ever click a tree and it says, an oak tree. This tree should have oak on it. To me, this is the problem, you can't see it to hunt for it. If all the trees on the map, matched a resource, then you could walk around looking for a type of tree or discover a tree, then see how much wood is on it.

So, you could have special spawning trees that could distribute wood to individuals, causing them to be a small event or even have rock sets glowing or mining spots to show, hey, look, there's val here, go get your miner.

They could look into changing the static form to match the resource, also. So, the static graphic would change to match the resource and could be visually sited by possibly skill or via tool.

So, we are talking about a living map. So, if they can't do that, I think I would at least try it but if they can't, I would go with the ladder.

Like, you would have the tree just spawn, similar to a spawn, like an ettin. It would just spawn. So, this would be an extra way or another way to take some of the pain out of searching for this resource.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look if it was like mining where you had 2 upgrade options that stacked no one here would be arguing for a change back. But.... the Dev have ignored our requests, begging and crying for change for years just so farmers could be twarted from stripping the forests dry..... for the most part farming is uneffected but cut back alot due to the ecconomics of the gold cost on the open market has devalued so much that its not ecconomical to farm UO to such a vast degree as was once done. This is not saying there are not farmers...

All the dev need to do is add a few tools that give the Lj's of UO a better chance of getting wood for quests and things we do. First one like the prospecting hammer it ups the wood 1 lvl. ok you go from plain to oak... etc The second tool like the Gar pick comes at a cost of perhaps a Evil Treefellow that attacks you of that wood type your upgrading to. His loot like the Ore Eles, loot would be 25 logs of that treefellows woodtype. IE: bloodwood, Frostwood, etc.. Its not that much different then the ore ways and would make alot of players happy.
Quoting myself here... the Dev is who we need pitch the idea of this to not other players. I would make one change 50 or 100 logs on the treefellow as the prise for killing it. You figure if miners can get 2 lvl upgrade on his production of resources why not a hard working lumberjack?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you see somebody scripting non-stop for the 23 hours and some change that the shards are up, you should report them.
And those reports get ignored by the GMs. Believe me, i know. There's been a guy that has been script mining the same caves for 2-3+ years near one of my houses in Malas. I've paged GMs on him at least a few dozen times, even giving them the exact time he's gonna recall back in, and you know what? He still script mines there to this day. I've found another Script Miner near the Stone Slith spawn in Ter Mur as well. This is on Napa too.

High end Ore is ALOT more attainable than high end Wood, due to Prospector's Tools/Gargoyle Pickaxes. I posted this here quite awhile ago.
http://vboards.stratics.com/ask-devs/218349-orcish-axe.html