• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you like 2D or Enhanced Client?

Do you like 2D or Enhanced Client?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Cloak&Dagger

The difference is the "Enhanced" Client is supposed to be UO. It isn't.

Other games aren't supposed to be UO.
No the point is the graphics can not simply be made 3d, you need (wait for it) new graphics. Oh my I never thought of that.

It looks like UO just fine, it is just not old as dirt. I most likely would have liked a new client like EC with just completely re-polished graphics instead of making it a 3d client, but then I do not believe I was their target audience. Most newer people would have prefered the KR graphics, or possibly the EC graphics (altho zooming makes them all blurry and just bad)

I have always been an advocate for it not being about the graphics, if they are old or brand new wouldn't matter to me, the thing about the EC is that it is (or was) completely different from the old client, almost all of the controls and methods of doing things were changed compared to how I would have done them before, but that just took some getting use to, the graphics never mattered to me, and still don't.

L

Lady_Mina

It's ackward how unicorns are a 3d model in 2d..and they galop...
While my dread steed looks like a proper 2d horse and doesn't galop...

They should give unicorns their old look back.

S

Serine

I say of there is a need for an other client than 2d . Go all the way and make a real 3D uo client and not some half bad 2 1/3 3D . I mean whats the point .... :confused:

So in your opinion was KR the client of choice in such a case? (it is a serious question) QUOTE]

I only play 2d and i am happy with it . I tryed EC now and then but its nothing for me . And i think if there has to be an other client , why not make a really awsome 3d one insted of the crap KR and EC are/where ... I mean its 2010 and the graphics should not have to look like some half try to 3D ..

C

Cloak&Dagger

Cloak‡1624941 said:
So in your opinion was KR the client of choice in such a case? (it is a serious question) QUOTE]

I only play 2d and i am happy with it . I tryed EC now and then but its nothing for me . And i think if there has to be an other client , why not make a really awsome 3d one insted of the crap KR and EC are/where ... I mean its 2010 and the graphics should not have to look like some half try to 3D ..
Well the KR graphical content was never the issue, at least not in ways of it being "2010" perhaps you mean the game engine? It not being able to rotate the screen? I can agree the graphics in EC are not nearly up to date, but they were compromised to try and appease the nay-sayers. anyhow I was just asking if you thought KR was the client in ways of Graphics and 3d-dom since not what client you would prefer to use. :)

L

Lady_Mina

EC is truly sad... those graphics are not going to convince anyone who is used to today's 3d games.

EC is totaly out of date with it's graphic...would have been fine in 2000.

The solution would be release a complete new game...like UO2 but even better graphics but still part of the ultima series.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The solution is quit trying to fix what isn't broken.

2D is great. Leave it alone.