• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do the paintings in Blackthorn's Dungeon respawn?

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I've been looking for these daily and haven't found any. I am wondering if these still spawn, and how often, or if they were just server birth rares. Any know?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, they respawn but really have no clue as to the timer yet. Since they have no rarity tag it's anyone's guess on the spawn rate. I think one is more rare than the other as well.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are still unfound treasures from the Ararat quest that I've yet to see claimed, or folks are staying tight lipped hehe...one day a clever rogue will find them I'm sure!
Damn You! I mean noooooo, don't say things like that! *heads off to the ship area once again* I got a small feeling on what and where it "might" be.

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks Kyronix!

*walks away whistling innocently*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still unfound treasures from the Ararat quest that I've yet to see claimed, or folks are staying tight lipped hehe...one day a clever rogue will find them I'm sure!
Grrrrr! I can't find anything on the ship that highlights, I can't find anything but the chests buried in the sand. I can't find anything stealable in the house in Brit, nor in the orc cave
*tears hair out*

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Grrrrr! I can't find anything on the ship that highlights, I can't find anything but the chests buried in the sand. I can't find anything stealable in the house in Brit, nor in the orc cave
*tears hair out*
I'm not familiar with this quest. Where are these locations, or do you have to do the quest to get to those locations?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix: Question for you:

With this new Broadsword outsourcing how does this effect your job?

This is the closest I can find on it but it doesn't say your relationship is with Broadsword.

"Will there be changes to the Ultima Online development team?
Yes! Broadsword's additional investment into UO gives us the freedom to expand our resources for bigger projects, so again - the future has never looked so bright!"

I would miss your funny face tough tongue guy
Thank you

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix: Question for you:

With this new Broadsword outsourcing how does this effect your job?

This is the closest I can find on it but it doesn't say your relationship is with Broadsword.

"Will there be changes to the Ultima Online development team?
Yes! Broadsword's additional investment into UO gives us the freedom to expand our resources for bigger projects, so again - the future has never looked so bright!"

I would miss your funny face tough tongue guy
Thank you
As a newly minted Broadswordian, me and my face aren't going anywhere :p

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A clever rogue.... interesting...

Any hint as to whether this rogue should be looking as part of the quest to enter the ship graveyard or within the graveyard itself?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Could you perhaps give us an idea how MANY things are out there?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My lips are sealed, :cool:

Then you might as well expect these things to continue to go unfound or under reported. It's just as possible to invalidate content by being over secretive as it is to spoil it all. We know about the golden fishing pole, the figurehead, the bell and the anchor. Either whatever other goodies are there don't spawn enough (too rare), don't look unique enough to notice, or simply haven't interested people enough to take.

The Ararat content is languishing, many people seem clueless about the quest in gen chat. I know of no one who sets out to kill a shadowlord and I haven't even seen the hold open in months. From those I know who have done it, the loot was so underwhelming as to not interest them in repeat visits.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would think its not some random stealable everyone is just overlooking....Which makes me think maybe its like those chests in the ararat area and you have to detect it....But where!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then you might as well expect these things to continue to go unfound or under reported. It's just as possible to invalidate content by being over secretive as it is to spoil it all. We know about the golden fishing pole, the figurehead, the bell and the anchor. Either whatever other goodies are there don't spawn enough (too rare), don't look unique enough to notice, or simply haven't interested people enough to take.

The Ararat content is languishing, many people seem clueless about the quest in gen chat. I know of no one who sets out to kill a shadowlord and I haven't even seen the hold open in months. From those I know who have done it, the loot was so underwhelming as to not interest them in repeat visits.
If you had the right skills and a little bit of luck I don't think it's impossible. It's also not about always looking for items in plain sight.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, I just went to TC and tried to steal everything that highlights at the quest locations, got lots of "You can't steal that." Opened chests by the boat, just gems and gold. Did find hidden backpacks though, I'm guessing they were supposed to be crabs. All three stealables were there, so anything else should have been as well.

If there is an action we are supposed to perform somewhere, some form of in game clue would be nice.

If it's an RNG chance for something to appear on one of the quest mobs, that's a design fail since the quest isn't repeatable. It its something that spawns on an ancillary mob either by the ship or by one of the quest mobs, it is a near design fail as there is no reason to kill much by the boat and the quest mobs still aren't repeatable.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you had the right skills and a little bit of luck I don't think it's impossible. It's also not about always looking for items in plain sight.

So its fishing at one of the quest locations and its RNG based. If there isn't an in game clue at the location, that is a design fail.

Fishable quest locations:
Trinsic Docks (Hepler)
Ice Wyrm
Orc Mine
Obsidian Wyvern (lava)
Djinn spawn
Gravewater Lake
Underwater Shipwreck

I'll let someone with more time and who doesn't mind carpal-tunnel destroying clickery grind away to find it then.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*shrugs* there have been alot of easter eggs and such in UO's past. I don't get why anyone would be getting so angry over it

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My lips are sealed, :cool:
Can it be obtained by someone who has completed the quest, or is it only available if you are completing the quest for the first time? Or can it only be gotten by someone who has completed the quest?

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would seem to me to be something related to a rogue, not a fisherman.

He didn't actually say that. It could be, but nobody has found anything to steal aside from the three things at the ship.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He didn't actually say that. It could be, but nobody has found anything to steal aside from the three things at the ship.
Actually:

emphisis added

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's also not about always looking for items in plain sight.

So, try detect hidden.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's also not about always looking for items in plain sight.

So, try detect hidden.
I have been through every place (except the shadowlord lair in the belly of the ship) with GM detect and all i find are the bags and chests on the sand around the ship.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did find hidden backpacks though.
I wonder if these backpacks are somehow involved.

I have tried placing things in them, rune and each of the quest items with no reaction. Other ideas?

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ack, missed the rogue part. But I too have been everywhere with a 120 thief with GM detect, only place I noticed the messages are around the ship.

Randomly detecting at the other locations is next I guess...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bags are chests I believe that are bugged. If you don't move the bag and detect again 1 tile in front or behind the bag, it will disappear and a chest will appear. I will say when this first came out about the chests I did roughly 250 chests and got nothing. I started again today after this news, done another 50 or so and nothing. Not sure we are on the right track or not with the chests. :(

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tried fishing in the water when you first come in and down the waterfall? I want to try but dreading doing that quest again with my poor weakling of a fisherman!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bags are chests I believe that are bugged. If you don't move the bag and detect again 1 tile in front or behind the bag, it will disappear and a chest will appear. I will say when this first came out about the chests I did roughly 250 chests and got nothing. I started again today after this news, done another 50 or so and nothing. Not sure we are on the right track or not with the chests. :(
The bags/chest are a known issue related to finding the hidden chests. That one is proving particularly resistant to the bug spray...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another 20-25 chests and still nothing. That's roughly 325-350 chests I've done since this area has been open and nothing from the chests but gold and gems. :(

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love this thread! Its nice to see people having to actually work at something!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
As a newly minted Broadswordian, me and my face aren't going anywhere :p

It must be interesting to be forged anew.

*Tips a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in Salute and heads back over to stoke the fire*

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Don't 'spill' ALL the beans.... just yet... hehe

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are these chest located? the general public doesn't know much about the quest, as apparently it was un popular

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are hidden chests in the sand around the ship. They're found using detect hidden and contain gold and some regular gems.
I have so far, with a GM detect char, stealthed all around the house in Brit, the locked armoire has no content. I have stealthed all across the path to the wreck and all over the wreck itself. I have found nothing hidden. Nor did I find anything in Ice dungeon or Destard.
The quest is documented in Frarc's reports 'Exploring the Deep' parts 1 - 4 http://uo2.stratics.com/quest-and-events/enchantment-of-the-royal-sea-part-1
The Ararat artifacts are listed here:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/artifacts.php?category=3487

I have to admit the group I usually hunt with have only done the encounter once, finding the number of darkwisps that spawn rather more than we felt competent to cope with. We died. Lots!

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There are hidden chests in the sand around the ship. They're found using detect hidden and contain gold and some regular gems.
I have so far, with a GM detect char, stealthed all around the house in Brit, the locked armoire has no content. I have stealthed all across the path to the wreck and all over the wreck itself. I have found nothing hidden. Nor did I find anything in Ice dungeon or Destard.
The quest is documented in Frarc's reports 'Exploring the Deep' parts 1 - 4 http://uo2.stratics.com/quest-and-events/enchantment-of-the-royal-sea-part-1
The Ararat artifacts are listed here:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/artifacts.php?category=3487

I have to admit the group I usually hunt with have only done the encounter once, finding the number of darkwisps that spawn rather more than we felt competent to cope with. We died. Lots!

I have also been all over this quest again, whatever Kyronix is hidding is hidden very well ;).
as for the dark wisps I was told carry a piece of black rock in your bag and they won't mess with you (how much truth that holds I'm not sure, I never did test it) just what I heard.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also been all over this quest again, whatever Kyronix is hidding is hidden very well ;).
as for the dark wisps I was told carry a piece of black rock in your bag and they won't mess with you (how much truth that holds I'm not sure, I never did test it) just what I heard.
Oh I wish! The blackrock merely makes them more vulnerable by allowing you to pierce the bubble around them.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Talking about Rogues...Could you have a look at the Disarm Trap skill? Right now its not much use when a GM Disarm can almost never disarming a high level trap. Not all thieves have magery! (Telekinese) ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing from the lich, rotting corpses and skellie knights in the hold got only gold and scrolls so far. Can't steal from Hydra.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Talking about Rogues...Could you have a look at the Disarm Trap skill? Right now its not much use when a GM Disarm can almost never disarming a high level trap. Not all thieves have magery! (Telekinese) ;)
A very good substitute to magery and LRC is to have jewelry with +15 magery and telekinesis scrolls. With the EC I have a macro to swap out the jewelry and cast the spell, then swap back the old jewelry when done.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After searching around for a while, all I've found is a golden tool kit. Double clicking it opens the tinkering menu, 300 uses.

Attachments

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you get another Ru, I´m interested in buying it. :)