• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion - Shard Mage Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Walker D. Plank

Most ye towns be owned by one person with many accounts I be tellin ye. Then ye grandfathered houses be going unused fer a decade stealin ye land. Should ye be considered a town when ye main members be multiple copies of ye self?

Ye population be a faction of it's former self but ye be havein more player towns then me ever be seein.

Instead of countin ye buildins, ye should be considerin yer active member count. I be seein grand cities full of buildins and all be owned by the same person.

In regards to yer perservin history . I be involved with ye Red Dagger Pirates many years ago, but ye be hitin the nail on de head I tell ye! When ye be sayin history, that be just what it is.... History. Me old buckos not be in our realm for years now. I be rememberin them while sailin... but ye times of old be gone. Let ye history books be recordin history. We already be havin enough grandfathered buildins sweepin de world to be "blessin" new ones that they be lastin fer ever.

Ye Cap'n be all fer getin ye landlubbers back in yer towns of old.

Ye Cap'n also be wantin to remind ye to be thinkin of how ye new players be thinkin. Do ye be thinkin a person just joinin ye realm feels they be havin the same opportunity that ye be havin?

Ye be havin right many more years in de world then they be havin... I knew ye would be sayin that!!

I guess that be why ye be havin many copies of ye self. Ye new players not be able to make a place in ye world and quit. Ye be needin someone to be playin with why not it.....Belay that! I be makin ye mad if i be finishin that line.

Ye new player be de life blood of ye future. We needin to be helpin restore our population. If that be a mage tower then so be it. but only if ye tower be helpin bring more people to ye world.

If ye wantin to be getin people interested in ye world then ye needin to be chagin ye coom baa ya borin story ye be havin now. I be fallin asleep in ye meetins.

The Cap'n be willin to spice ye world up a bit. That be fer sure!

Cap'n

G

Gunga_Din

(1) Pax Lair is Dead
(2) Who the hell is gonna use a mage tower in Britain ? They don't use any other RP building in any of the towns now, not the music conservatory, not the thieves guild, not the taverns , not the forges .... nothing !
(3) We should cater to the new booster, thats gonna be the "NEW".
(4) The most action occurs in freaking LUNA or sometimes a player run town.
(5) The game has too many land masses now. The old towns will never be populated like before, its a waste of time to invest in them.

Sorry, but you all have to wake up !! Work on the player run towns, keep them populated best you can. Run events in your towns, run quests from your towns, player run towns are the "NEW".

you are gonna wear yourselves thin if you keep this up. Most of you can't even keep your towns freaking populated let alone run events or functions from them. Don't depend on the EM's, depend on the community !!

Look at the upcoming booster and try to come up with an idea to incorporate that, like Atlantic is doing. You want to RP training mages? Most the player towns have a mage tower, heck even Merxmere has one. Why on earth do you want to draw attention away from your player towns to Britain?

I say follow Aryslan's recent lead. They are working there ass off to promote their town. KAV does a good job too. Merxmere will start to get involved more. Pax Lair...wake up. Glydenfeld? How on earth can a town with so many building be so freaking empty? Most of the other towns suck too. You got your banners and do zero ... zero !!!

Tired of all the complaining and give us this and give us that. You were all given these great towns with banners and chances to add stables etc and your pissing it away on a mage tower in the middle of nowhere !! Either you do it like Atlantic or you don't do it at all. Skara Brae visitors center? Come on give me a break. Nobody has gone there in yrs.

Time to release some harbingers !! Cheers !!

J

Jamlyn

Paxlair is dead? I beg to differ Gunga...it seems to have plenty of participation. It may be low on numbers but it surely is not dead.

And your right do not depend on the EM's depend on the community to get things done.

I am also tired of the complaining and it is nice to hear you sound off as you did. Just dont keep it up, or you will be a complainer then too Gunga "_".

Your comments about the npc towns being dead is correct. The only way to turn them around is with a game update, that involved the player to go into the town and possibly rent the buildings there someway, and somehow. Until that is done, nothing can really be done with them.

Back to the topic once again, decorating a building in any npc town like you said and others, is a waste of time. I say again, keep up on what we have going now. Do not stray from the ideas some of you have already put forth. Keep up on them, and work on them the best you can. Some of you keep getting new ideas and never complete the old ones. Build what we have already, and do not put too many eggs in one basket. Get the point?

T

Tancred RedStar

Gunga, I'm refraining from most of this conversation, but have to take exception to the dig on Gyldenfeld.

We have 30 buildings, of which is about 15 actual players, some more active than others. Who doesnt play UO for more than a year or two and not have an extra account? Gyldenfeld has been around almost 7 years. Talk to me when you've walked even half as far in those shoes so you can understand what youre saying. Talk to me when you've built something that has lasted and stood, that has grown and withered, and grown again. It's easy to heap criticism and make accusations, much harder to put yourself into something and back it up.

Thank you.

T

Tiger Lily

Back to the topic once again, decorating a building in any npc town like you said and others, is a waste of time.
Im not one to get invovled in such topics, but I do have a penny or 2 myself to toss in the jar. I do like Gareths idea of a TRAM side SHARD mage tower and using a building that is already standing there...why not? Even if it doesnt get used much, either way it is standing there..empty. So I say what can it hurt to revamp one and give it a fancy new shop name? It wouldnt take much time to do and what if it DID draw people to it? Thats a benefit right? I dont think anything is a waste of time if it might better the SHARD.

I also agree that alot of the RP towns might not be as...active as they could be, but that has alot to do with the people being in game. For me RL comes before UO.

Ok those were my 2 pennies...GOOD DAY!
:popcorn:

J

Jamlyn

Im not one to get invovled in such topics, but I do have a penny or 2 myself to toss in the jar. I do like Gareths idea of a TRAM side SHARD mage tower and using a building that is already standing there...why not? Even if it doesnt get used much, either way it is standing there..empty. So I say what can it hurt to revamp one and give it a fancy new shop name? It wouldnt take much time to do and what if it DID draw people to it? Thats a benefit right? I dont think anything is a waste of time if it might better the SHARD.

I also agree that alot of the RP towns might not be as...active as they could be, but that has alot to do with the people being in game. For me RL comes before UO.

Ok those were my 2 pennies...GOOD DAY!
:popcorn:
Points taken and well said. I would be perfectly fine if the decision is made to do that.

N

Nastia Cross

Even if it doesnt get used much, either way it is standing there..empty. So I say what can it hurt to revamp one and give it a fancy new shop name? It wouldnt take much time to do and what if it DID draw people to it? Thats a benefit right? I dont think anything is a waste of time if it might better the SHARD.
I don't mean to be rude here but who is the person that will be responsible for these shop redesigns? Most likely Mesanna or maybe either EM (or all three). Do you really think they will want to spend their precious time redesigning something that quite possibly won't be used? Especially the EMs who are hearing complaints left and right from people who don't like their events or don't think they run events properly or don't think they run enough events etc etc.

Instead of calling for random redesigns of already empty towns, create a reason for them and attract people to participate in it. Like I said above, if all of the RP towns were involved in populating a Community Center and the location was given a purpose and functionality, this is something mostly EVERYONE could get behind, especially if it brought attention and membership to each township.

Pretty deco (as much as I love it) isn't going to better the shard.

T

Tiger Lily

I was talking about 1 building in 1 town. Giving a facelift, might bring purpose, might bring people-Win for all. It would be a building that is already standing there empty. Im not talking about taking on the world here :)

G

Gowron

I like the idea of townships taking some ownership of towns. I think it would have potential to bring people over to them if the townships hosted/fostered certain events. Just off the cuff, and sorry if I miss a few towns.

Guardians Gate: Tram Britain.

Gyldenfeld: Tram Skara Brae.

Silvervale: Tram Cove.

Moria: Fel Cove.

PaxLair: Fel Yew.

Cimmeron Pass: Umbra.

Action: Luna

Kinjitsu Anei: Tram Papua (hey, they got savages, and that town looks rather primitive)

Zedland: Umbra (I'm not sure how to resolve Zedland and Cimmeron Pass, but I can see that being an interesting negotiation during a township summit)

PaxOku: Zento.

COLT: Another interesting issue as yet another town in Malas with only 2 cities.

Templar Village: Fel Minoc

Aryslan: Fel Vesper

Mexmere: Tram Trinsic

I'm sure I missed alot, but I think it would be cool. Also, I think it would breath life back into the regular cities if the ship repairs in the upcomming booster pack would only occur in the NPC cities with actual docks.

G

Gowron

I was talking about 1 building in 1 town. Giving a facelift, might bring purpose, might bring people-Win for all. It would be a building that is already standing there empty. Im not talking about taking on the world here :)
I'm going to have to agree with Nastia on this. The redesign of Brit Bank didn't really do much to bring folks back to town. Well, the moongate was a pleasant add...

T

Tiger Lily

Brit bank is used more than others tho:)
Ok I have better things to do tonight, then sit here and debate a topic that noones gonna agree on. Have fun guys! :gee:

G

Gunga_Din

Gunga, I'm refraining from most of this conversation, but have to take exception to the dig on Gyldenfeld.

We have 30 buildings, of which is about 15 actual players, some more active than others. Who doesnt play UO for more than a year or two and not have an extra account? Gyldenfeld has been around almost 7 years. Talk to me when you've walked even half as far in those shoes so you can understand what youre saying. Talk to me when you've built something that has lasted and stood, that has grown and withered, and grown again. It's easy to heap criticism and make accusations, much harder to put yourself into something and back it up.

Thank you.
Look I know you have worked hard, but the reason i singled you out was because of your size and potential. I'm not saying take your banner away, you have earned it through the years, no doubt. I'm trying to spark people into action here. I just ripped all the towns and your the only one who has tried to defend, thats a good thing, at least I know your around.

Heck, I dropped torchwood in Ter Mur and that banner because I could not offer anything to the community, people were gonna join me in my venture there and then backed out. So.. I dropped it.

I then planned, for 6 months, the creation of Merxmere. Bringing in some good people from different servers. This time I had a better plan and setup. This town we built can actually offer something which I couldn't do with Torchwood. Now , don't tear down your town, but maybe we can get more people involved.

G

Gunga_Din

I'm going to have to agree with Nastia on this. The redesign of Brit Bank didn't really do much to bring folks back to town. Well, the moongate was a pleasant add...
Perfect example, wish I posted that. Even though its didnt offer EM quests and such, I still think that will only work if the EM works the mage tower daily.

N

Nastia Cross

Perfect example, wish I posted that. Even though its didnt offer EM quests and such, I still think that will only work if the EM works the mage tower daily.
Britain is being used much more frequently than it was. They added the arcane circle for weavers to get a focus and I frequently see people in chat asking for people to come to Brit for a focus. Also, the EM has the Township meetings in the castle and many of the EM events start in and around the Castle grounds.

I don't know why everyone is stuck on an idea of a mage tower seeing as it would be limited to a small population of players. A Community Center on the other hand could be utilized by all players. I don't think the EMs would necessarily have to work it every day, as long as the townships and other guilds were willing to run some events there.

T

Tancred RedStar

Well I will share a little bit of advice with you, Gunga.

RP is great for people who have already picked out their roles and it all gels together. It's very hard to get off the ground. It's also hard to get your average player into it, it's usually someone who *really* wants to rp. Gyldenfeld has never been an rp town and, to some extent, we were kinda founded by people who wanted to cooperate and play together but were not into rp'ing(at the time Gyldenfeld was founded, pretty much all the other towns were rp). If you look through the archives(oh wait, there was that huge crash where everything here was lost), we ran events(almost totally non-rp) for years... and that's what got new people into our town. About the only thing we rp is the town governance. And no, I don't post here often (altho I usually read) because a lot of what's posted here is just brown-nosing or hot air, and I'll leave it at that(and why I only come out of the woodwork when someone messes with my home town).

One more thing, you want people to come, advertise everywhere and to everyone, not just the imperium. From someone not part of the imperium, most all the events in/there have imperium splashed all over the place so people get this overbearing idea about it in their heads and then just one off it at first glance. The funny thing is, when I did weekly events for a few years straight(hello, burnout), that stupid little Submit An Event thing at UO.com(yes, before it was the "Herald" *puke*) actually drew in 2-4 times as many people than if I just advertised on Stratics(I wasn't on UOForums then). It amazed me that, yes, people, a large number of them, actually regularly went to UO.com and searched for player-run events on their shard. With all these new people coming around, that's how our guild went from 6-40 in a year and we didn't even rp, own a mall or do champ spawns! We just played the game and had events and everyone was happy(ok, well except for that one stalker we had to kick out).

Anyway, I know youre kind of crazy and we surely don't agree in/on some things, but I do believe you when you say you want to see some action and that's why I'm being rather frank here.

peace
Look I know you have worked hard, but the reason i singled you out was because of your size and potential. I'm not saying take your banner away, you have earned it through the years, no doubt. I'm trying to spark people into action here. I just ripped all the towns and your the only one who has tried to defend, thats a good thing, at least I know your around.

Heck, I dropped torchwood in Ter Mur and that banner because I could not offer anything to the community, people were gonna join me in my venture there and then backed out. So.. I dropped it.

I then planned, for 6 months, the creation of Merxmere. Bringing in some good people from different servers. This time I had a better plan and setup. This town we built can actually offer something which I couldn't do with Torchwood. Now , don't tear down your town, but maybe we can get more people involved.

T

Tancred RedStar

One more thing, whoever works for EA that might read this, bring back the player event submission thing on UO.com

While I think the EM's are doing a great job(my opinion, my experience), player events are also important to the happiness and health of each shard's local populace.

G

Gunga_Din

Well I will share a little bit of advice with you, Gunga.

RP is great for people who have already picked out their roles and it all gels together. It's very hard to get off the ground. It's also hard to get your average player into it, it's usually someone who *really* wants to rp. Gyldenfeld has never been an rp town and, to some extent, we were kinda founded by people who wanted to cooperate and play together but were not into rp'ing(at the time Gyldenfeld was founded, pretty much all the other towns were rp). If you look through the archives(oh wait, there was that huge crash where everything here was lost), we ran events(almost totally non-rp) for years... and that's what got new people into our town. About the only thing we rp is the town governance. And no, I don't post here often (altho I usually read) because a lot of what's posted here is just brown-nosing or hot air, and I'll leave it at that(and why I only come out of the woodwork when someone messes with my home town).

One more thing, you want people to come, advertise everywhere and to everyone, not just the imperium. From someone not part of the imperium, most all the events in/there have imperium splashed all over the place so people get this overbearing idea about it in their heads and then just one off it at first glance. The funny thing is, when I did weekly events for a few years straight(hello, burnout), that stupid little Submit An Event thing at UO.com(yes, before it was the "Herald" *puke*) actually drew in 2-4 times as many people than if I just advertised on Stratics(I wasn't on UOForums then). It amazed me that, yes, people, a large number of them, actually regularly went to UO.com and searched for player-run events on their shard. With all these new people coming around, that's how our guild went from 6-40 in a year and we didn't even rp, own a mall or do champ spawns! We just played the game and had events and everyone was happy(ok, well except for that one stalker we had to kick out).

Anyway, I know youre kind of crazy and we surely don't agree in/on some things, but I do believe you when you say you want to see some action and that's why I'm being rather frank here.

peace
No problem, thanks for your replies. Your still welcome to join in some upcoming events we have planned in Merxmere :). Also, i'm not saying RP is the main thing we should be doing, but like you said, all types of events from darts to santa claus coming etc :) I just remember your town being more active in the past. I know towns can lose steam and people and its hard to replace people you u trust with new players.

Anyway, lets work together on this. I'll come up with something both our towns can join in.

Ethereal Void Imperium

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One more thing, you want people to come, advertise everywhere and to everyone, not just the imperium. From someone not part of the imperium, most all the events in/there have imperium splashed all over the place so people get this overbearing idea about it in their heads and then just one off it at first glance. The funny thing is, when I did weekly events for a few years straight(hello, burnout), that stupid little Submit An Event thing at UO.com(yes, before it was the "Herald" *puke*) actually drew in 2-4 times as many people than if I just advertised on Stratics(I wasn't on UOForums then). It amazed me that, yes, people, a large number of them
I don't believe the Imperium attacked you, compared itself to you or the entire community of Glydenfeld. If you and Gunga are having a disagreement then please work it out between yourselves.

~Imperium OOC Leadership

T

Tancred RedStar

It was, but quite a few people left for WoW, UO didnt have an expansion for four years, then all they(EA) seemed to care about was Factions for a year, then there was the driving from Florida to Washington state phase, the jobless phase, you know stuff comes up. With the SA release, thunting changes, sea expansion coming up, etc. UO is getting more appealing to many people again.

Like I said before, advertise widely and early if you want people to come. Don't wait til night before or day of to announce, lol. It also helps people understand and feel comfortable about participating if you include rules, etc. about the event with the announcement. If you just say "Event X!" with just a clever title and stolen clip art looking all pretty, people may not be sure what it is or what theyre supposed to do and just skip it without a second thought or bothering to travel there.

Also, don't forget to post results after. People like to know what happened, makes them interested if they missed it the first time around, not to mention people like being recognized if they won.

No problem, thanks for your replies. Your still welcome to join in some upcoming events we have planned in Merxmere :). Also, i'm not saying RP is the main thing we should be doing, but like you said, all types of events from darts to santa claus coming etc :) I just remember your town being more active in the past. I know towns can lose steam and people and its hard to replace people you u trust with new players.

Anyway, lets work together on this. I'll come up with something both our towns can join in.

T

Tancred RedStar

There was no attack on the imperium, I was just saying cuz Merx is part of it and the pitfalls of associating exclusively with it in any and all event announcements.

And arent there rules against having 20 Stratics accounts to post under or sharing accounts between rl people?

~Tancred RedStar OOC Real Deal

I don't believe the Imperium attacked you, compared itself to you or the entire community of Glydenfeld. If you and Gunga are having a disagreement then please work it out between yourselves.

~Imperium OOC Leadership

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Like I said before, advertise widely and early if you want people to come. Don't wait til night before or day of to announce, lol. It also helps people understand and feel comfortable about participating if you include rules, etc. about the event with the announcement. If you just say "Event X!" with just a clever title and stolen clip art looking all pretty, people may not be sure what it is or what theyre supposed to do and just skip it without a second thought or bothering to travel there.

Also, don't forget to post results after. People like to know what happened, makes them interested if they missed it the first time around, not to mention people like being recognized if they won.
SOOO glade to see someone who gets the point of NOT announcing something the day before or the day of the event. I also dislike those people that use stolen clip art. They should go to istockphoto.com and pay for it. Or use Gimp 2.6 and spend three hours making a poster.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the topic of Player Town activity, it is unfair to judge a player town's activity based on how many people you stumble across when you decide to visit it randomly.
I say this as someone who probably drops by player towns more often than anyone else in this thread.

Most people show up for scheduled events and things. The population of UO is a bit too small to support a constantly idle population hanging around anywhere these days (Luna aside it seems).

T

Tancred RedStar

Youre absolutely right, same thing as returning players wandering dungeons and Britian wondering where everyone went. Yes, there are less people, but they just arent always around where/when you expect them to be.

On the topic of Player Town activity, it is unfair to judge a player town's activity based on how many people you stumble across when you decide to visit it randomly.
I say this as someone who probably drops by player towns more often than anyone else in this thread.

Most people show up for scheduled events and things. The population of UO is a bit too small to support a constantly idle population hanging around anywhere these days (Luna aside it seems).

T

Tancred RedStar

From the Stratics Forum FAQ:
Section Q. You may not use an alternative user account to promote or support your main user account in a way that implies you are more than one person or to evade disciplinary actions.​

I should notify my nearest UO Moderator right away! Oh Gareth!

And arent there rules against having 20 Stratics accounts to post under or sharing accounts between rl people?

~Tancred RedStar OOC Real Deal

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
From the Stratics Forum FAQ:
Section Q. You may not use an alternative user account to promote or support your main user account in a way that implies you are more than one person or to evade disciplinary actions.​
I should notify my nearest UO Moderator right away! Oh Gareth!
Listen I know you use to be the Chesapeake Moderator or News guy whatever back in the day and I am 100% positive you hate me being the moderator. But I would like to kindly point out that your nearest moderator would be PASmountaindew.

Perhaps now EM Dudley, EM Drosselmeyer and Mesanna can finally put two and two together and figure out why we do not interact with certain towns and avoid them like the plague. Why we do not want to be forced to go to another township for a community wide building. Why people back out of EM Storylines. Why so many for the most part just sit at the HoC building and don't enter into the discussions. From all of this thats posted you now see a small, small fraction of what we deal with over icq, other forums and ingame. It is not the EMs or Mesannas fault but THIS is what we deal with when we offer you suggestions and ideas.

Ps. you really think we want to inform the Summit table about happenings in our townships when this is what we sit next to?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am a mod... got issues?

T

Tancred RedStar

My mistake! You already seem to post most all the news, all the events, sticky threads that feature you in some way, post as other accounts, I thought you just, well, pretty much ran the whole show for anything having to do with Chesapeake.

But I was wrong... I notice by your title you also do stuff over on Sonoma now :) Congrats!

Having too many pots in the fire will surely lead to burn out(as I alluded to about myself in one of my earlier posts). Symptoms can include irritability, lashing out, poor decision-making and a whole host of other undesirable behaviors. Take it easy and pace yourself, consider taking a vacation from online life, we're not going anywhere :)

Listen I know you use to be the Chesapeake Moderator or News guy whatever back in the day and I am 100% positive you hate me being the moderator. But I would like to kindly point out that your nearest moderator would be PASmountaindew.

Perhaps now EM Dudley, EM Drosselmeyer and Mesanna can finally put two and two together and figure out why we do not interact with certain towns and avoid them like the plague. Why we do not want to be forced to go to another township for a community wide building. Why people back out of EM Storylines. Why so many for the most part just sit at the HoC building and don't enter into the discussions. From all of this thats posted you now see a small, small fraction of what we deal with over icq, other forums and ingame. It is not the EMs or Mesannas fault but THIS is what we deal with when we offer you suggestions and ideas.

Ps. you really think we want to inform the Summit table about happenings in our townships when this is what we sit next to?

T

Tancred RedStar

There's someone posting with multiple accounts/sharing accounts. I used the Report Violation feature/button and sent it in, should be in the queue.
I am a mod... got issues?

T

Tancred RedStar

Hate is a strong word, if you have personal issues with me, please take it offline and send me a PM.
Listen I know you use to be the Chesapeake Moderator or News guy whatever back in the day and I am 100% positive you hate me being the moderator.

N

Nastia Cross

Why do you people always degenerate into fighting like children? Can't we ever have a civilized conversation about legitimate ideas? For Dupre's sake! No wonder people don't want to get involved with the townships! All you people do is bicker and in-fight and backstab. GET OVER YOURSELVES, ITS A GAME! Nothing will ever get done if you people can't be civil to each other for 5 minutes. You're all too busy figuring out how you can hurt each other to realize that SOME PEOPLE were trying to have a discussion about a potential good idea for the shard as A WHOLE!

J

Jamlyn

Well the truth comes out finally. Honestly Gareth, do you think this is always everyone else? Do you not think that you bring some of what you just said upon yourself?

T

Tancred RedStar

Gunga and I were having a man to man and we got some stuff understood so I think that was a big win on some level. Then this other stuff popped in.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I don't fight... *smiles*

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
My mistake! You already seem to post most all the news, all the events, sticky threads that feature you in some way, post as other accounts, I thought you just, well, pretty much ran the whole show for anything having to do with Chesapeake.

But I was wrong... I notice by your title you also do stuff over on Sonoma now :) Congrats!

Having too many pots in the fire will surely lead to burn out(as I alluded to about myself in one of my earlier posts). Symptoms can include irritability, lashing out, poor decision-making and a whole host of other undesirable behaviors. Take it easy and pace yourself, consider taking a vacation from online life, we're not going anywhere :)
Not a problem, we all make mistakes. I am really sorry that I LOVE doing the news and take great pleasure in doing the stories. I am sorry that I created a Chesapeake Directory Sticky that is for everyone so they can find information about RP, towns, guilds, EM characters, EM establishments etc. I am sorry that I did my job as a moderator and made a sticky for the EM September events list. So Chesapeake players could be informed about them and even the ones that conflict with the events of the town I am apart of. I am sorry that I made a sticky for the PvPers to do what they do back and fourth at their request. I am sorry that I remade the Chesapeake picture thread because I did not want the Chesapeake users to load a thread full of unknown errors. I am really sorry that I had to sticky the Chesapeake Community Teleport Hub Discussion thread since it would not fit into Newspro. I am just so very, very, very sorry that I LOVE STRATICS! THAT I LOVE CHESAPEAKE! and plan to keep doing all of these things for years and years and years and years.

And the title doesn't mean anything. You are like the Third person to advise me to basically step down and take a vacation. The funny thing is the two other people are also township leaders. And I may be slow but I am not stupid.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am slow and stupid. I have a big axe though. I know how to use it. Chill.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Well the truth comes out finally. Honestly Gareth, do you think this is always everyone else? Do you not think that you bring some of what you just said upon yourself?
I am sure that I over step and I KNOW I overreact at times but when the same people nitpick, nitpick, nitpick it gets to a breaking point. So yes I probably do bring some of what I said upon myself. I am FAR FAR FAR from perfect.

But I have learned one major thing. I stayed up what? 16+ - 18+hours designing the Aryslan township banner? twice? Think I stayed up all night and morning for that. I need to NOT spent that amount of time on townships that I do not belong to. Those 16-18 hours should be used on the Imperium, community wide projects, or Stratics.

J

Jamlyn

I am sure that I over step and I KNOW I overreact at times but when the same people nitpick, nitpick, nitpick it gets to a breaking point. So yes I probably do bring some of what I said upon myself. I am FAR FAR FAR from perfect.

But I have learned one major thing. I stayed up what? 16+ - 18+hours designing the Aryslan township banner? twice? Think I stayed up all night and morning for that. I need to NOT spent that amount of time on townships that I do not belong to. Those 16-18 hours should be used on the Imperium, community wide projects, or Stratics.
Overreacting is for sure. Just as your continuing to do it now, again. We both worked on the banner together, and as I said before, I will say it again, I appreciate the time and effort you had in it to help me. I did not really think I needed to say that again.

T

Tancred RedStar

Well thank you Gareth, thank you a million times! Do not apologize for what you love! Did you know this was an unpaid position when you took it for all the work you've put into it? I know many other people put in countless and thankless hours developing our community without having to list each task - more unsung heroes.

I noticed how you posted a huge, expansive thread (stickied even!) that showed your leadership on the community teleporters(btw - not kewl to post all those ICQ's I sent you without prior asking of permission!). Sadly, no one did such an expose' on me and my construction project idea that became the Livery quests. The goblins, too, kinda got overlooked for the whole Jessica story arc and quests. Perhaps we need better PR and news coverage and apply to be news reporters too.

Not a problem, we all make mistakes. I am really sorry that I LOVE doing the news and take great pleasure in doing the stories. I am sorry that I created a Chesapeake Directory Sticky that is for everyone so they can find information about RP, towns, guilds, EM characters, EM establishments etc. I am sorry that I did my job as a moderator and made a sticky for the EM September events list. So Chesapeake players could be informed about them and even the ones that conflict with the events of the town I am apart of. I am sorry that I made a sticky for the PvPers to do what they do back and fourth at their request. I am sorry that I remade the Chesapeake picture thread because I did not want the Chesapeake users to load a thread full of unknown errors. I am really sorry that I had to sticky the Chesapeake Community Teleport Hub Discussion thread since it would not fit into Newspro. I am just so very, very, very sorry that I LOVE STRATICS! THAT I LOVE CHESAPEAKE! and plan to keep doing all of these things for years and years and years and years.

And the title doesn't mean anything. You are like the Third person to advise me to basically step down and take a vacation. The funny thing is the two other people are also township leaders. And I may be slow but I am not stupid.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just so you folks know... I do not play here. If you break the Stratics RoC, I will take you out. I will not care. The rules are what they are.

I will have Gareth's back. Any issues with a MOD will be taken up with the Admins. I am not one of those. I am just a MOD.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yeah. I said that.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Post by the rules. Smashing mods is not the way.

T

Tancred RedStar

We're all kewl here, no one's breaking the RoC, some people are just on the unhappy end of the debate.
Just so you folks know... I do not play here. If you break the Stratics RoC, I will take you out. I will not care. The rules are what they are.

I will have Gareth's back. Any issues with a MOD will be taken up with the Admins. I am not one of those. I am just a MOD.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A mage tower for the shard should be in a neutral place NOT in a town. Paxlair's mage tower is not neutral or for everyone. No building that a player has control over who can or cannot enter can be considered neutral.

I think a nice spot out in the fields west of Britain would be good. Actually, Moonglow is a nice spot, too, since it is the city of magic.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am good as well. Just know I do not take Mod bashing lightly. Now back off. if you ever have issues, Take it to petra. Be patient.

Mod Bashing in public gets my attention... and it is against the RoC.

T

Tancred RedStar

Back to the mage tower stuff: Does everyone understand the history, lore and significance of the Tower of Souls? If there was a webpage somewhere or a history that could be copied/pasted to a post and stickied in the main Chesapeake forum, people would have the opportunity to read up on it and learn more for themselves. The Tower of Souls has a rich, even dark history stretching back to near the beginning of UO itself(something Atlantic doesn't have, haha).

You can't buy history, at best you can hire some spin doctors and fake air national guard service duty attendance!

Perhaps if people got learned up before jumping to decisions, they may find the Tower of Souls an almost endless portal of opportunities... not to mention gank squads can always show up for added suspense, lol

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does the history of one city have to do with the future of the whole shard? If you live in the past you are doomed to repeat it. We are not just ONE town, we are many very successful towns.

And then there is the fact you couldnt pay most people enough to go anywhere in Fel.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Lets celebrate!!!

Still have thirty minutes left of my birthday and Kijustsu Anei Village Anniversary!!! Woot! Woot! Way to go Kav!!!

T

Tancred RedStar

Why can't you let this go and move on? Senior Moderator guy came in and said chill, so we chilled and got back on topic. Why do you have to try and ridicule me calling me stupid? Moderators are supposed to moderate. You wanna jump down my throat but then smack me around when I talk back. You always jump to playing the martyr in these sorts of threads like youre so unappreciated and make anyone who speaks otherwise out to be the villain.

No thanks required. That response of listing things out was because of the comment you made. Like I was doing something wrong. So I just put it in very simple terms for you.

Yeah... one little thing... I have GOT to stop taking advice from people. They said you should still inform people about the discussion thread even though it was you who sent in the proposal. I said it would be called bias and have horse dung thrown on it. That really stinks that you now use that against me....blah but then you complain

about what...? No expose' on "YOUR" Construction Project? Did you ever send a PM? Email? to let the News Manager know? We are not mind readers. I am unsure of why you are complaining when it was something you could have solved yourself and you know that. And you know how stratics works. You could have sent something in like other townships do.

The Goblins overlooked? you have got to be kidding me. How many different ways do you want us to report Luna attacks? This monster appeared this person died. This monster appeared and did the Cupid Shuffle this one then died. If you want an official answer then you need to contact the News Manager and I also suggest contacting the News Administrator.

As for the icqs give me a break. I like how you didn't list that was on UOForums. Now you are just digging and I suggest you keep digging.

Again, contact the News Manager or the News Administrators.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I actually spent like 30minutes or so writing that. Once I posted, I saw Kelmos post and removed it. So I will give you the same courtesy and not quote you since I just explained it.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There ARE a lot of empty buildings in Britain itself that would make a good Mage tower. That main mage shop on the west side of Brit has a few levels and would be great and easy to use. Vesper also as a nice mage shop with lots of levels. That would work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.