• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Did you loot my ship ? Can I buy my fish back please ?

T

Tazar

A lot of the fish are light-weight so those I carry... it's only the heavier ones that I use deeds for... and I'll bring stacks of 100 to the ship when I am filling fish-orders so it's not that expensive.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Three friends and myself, including Kasimir above, have made community chests where we keep our fish together. We all add as needed and take for quests as needed. If we see we are low on a certain type of fish we all go fishing for them. It adds up very fast and is beneficial to everyone.
Of course the main requirement in this is having friends. It works very well for us.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interested in my personal view on the subject? (if not, stop reading.)
Popps made a stupid mistake and someone made off with his loot. I don't feel sorry for him and I don't have to.

I don't think the thief is a horrible piece of garbage. He saw an opportunity and took it. I'd do (and have done in the past) the exact same thing.

Stealing is not griefing. It may cause you some distress and anguish, but it's part of the game and part of life. Better learn to deal with it now.

Some people would say I'm totally wrong and a horrible person for feeling the way I do. Well, good for you, but I'm still entitled to my opinion and so are you. But I'm not going to run you (or anyone else) into the ground because we don't agree. And you (or anyone else) isn't going to do it either. Why? Because it's wrong and it positions one party up high enough where they're looking down their nose at the other.

We're also not going to continue bashing each other and preaching about whats right and wrong because that's technically a personal attack and those lead to infractions. Now, go play nice together.
I agree with your opinion which imo doesnt make you a horrible person for feeling the way you do. Now I may be in the same boat as you since I agree with you and others that wont agree with it :)

Truthfully IF a person(s) that took it did no wrong. EA owns the pixels. Players just rent to use them. If a player does not understand the game mechanics and loses an item then its the players fault in the end. Thats why UO has insurance, house security, and boat security. It may be very complicated to some while others can grasp it easily. There are also bugs that have came with some of those securities. So it may have been just a rare bug and no thief at all.

Which leads to this statement concerning bugs. How do any of us know for 100% that it wasn not a very rare bug that made his fish vanish? Ship could of been placed on or near a server line or a glitch in the system that only hit Popps. Possibly it may hit some other players, which we all know not all UO player base post on stratics and not much you can do about it. GM's wont replace lost items as we all know so they could of paged and delt with it that way.

I know one time I lost an epic gorget that I had insured and had 150 durabilty that just vanished. Logged in and out to see if it was on my paperdoll still not there. Checked my back pack mutiple times not there. The strange thing about it all it was there the day before when I logged out. Paged a GM they couldnt find it. This was back in the day way before imbuing so it was a nightmare to change my suit but life goes on.

Let me add, sometimes things just can't be explained or have 100% answers....like....UFO's......Ghost's......Religious miracle......Big Foot.....Chia pets....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do any of us know for 100% that it wasn not a very rare bug that made his fish vanish?

It is simple, because the day I found out that I had been looted, which was the day after I had just refreshed my ship and the bag was still in its place, my ship had also been moved near the shore of Jhelom.

I have yet to find a bug which targets only the most valuable items to vanish AND moves a ship far away from where it is, to near a shore........

My feeling, given what happened, is that it was a player and not some bug.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also stated in my previous post Popps that not all players post on stratics. With that said you can not argue that your "feeling" overides a 100%. Yes you are the only one that posted and had such issues. It doesn't make it 100% that it alone affected you. There is a population of UO players that don't read ( staying away from the drama or have been banned or just dont post or read forums) stratics and let me add, may use other sites. So there is a possible percentage that it could of happened to others which you, I, and manyothers have no idea about that have discussed this issue. Your first inital accusation was a hack over the situation just as a reminder. Which in the end it was ship security issues that we know of atm.

For the fact, I may be wrong or you could be wrong or we all could be wrong. You are basing your judgement on feelings. I am basing my opinion on old code and new code intertwined with each other in a buggy game could possibly did such a thing to your fish.

Out of curiosity, have you tried repeating the situation mutiple times to see if it was a bug even with your ship secuity settings corrected or if it was truly a ship secuirty mishap and a person took free fish that was left for them? Meaning ......

1) Use the exact ship that you initially lost your fish
2) Have the ship in the same area and facet
3) Place something in your cargo hold
4) Keep the new secuirty settings you corrected
5) Refresh your ship
6) Log in the next day after the set up and check on your ship.

If I am missing anything in the steps above I apologize but I would suggest to try to see if you can repeat it with some trials. If you can't repeat the mishap then some lucky guy got some fish for free. If you do happen to repeat it then report the bug to the devs.

silmwarensurion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Silm, I really don't know who you are, nor do I care... But I must say that you are completely wrong.

Not to mention, Stratics has rules about buying and selling virtual items, and YOU directly break those rules talking about buying something from an online website... But I can tell you are one of those "holier than thou" kind of people who think there is no evil in your own actions, but can point out every stitch of evil in any other person at any given time...

So, I'm gonna break this down special sauce for you..

This whole thing is 100% Popps fault, not a single other person can be blamed.
If he wasn't too sure about how to securely store items on his boat, he shouldn't have been doing it.

This game is designed so that items in houses and boats are COMPLETELY inaccessible to anyone but the owner upon creation of the house or boat. It's when people (like Popps) go messing around with stuff they don't know about, that people (like Popps) mess something up and end up causing a negative reaction to happen. Then said people (like Popps) want to complain and cry about how someone did them wrong, when in all truth, if they would have just left well enough alone, nothing would have happened in the first place..

Now, unless the person that took Popps fish was a friend of his that he accessed to the boat, there is nothing wrong with what went on here.

All in all, what I' m trying to explain to you (not very surprising that someone of "your" caliber doesn't get it) is that, UO was started so that things like this could happen. In the first days of the game, you had to use a key to get in your house... This key could be stolen or looted off your corpse, and when that happened you lost your house... Then people (LIKE YOU) whined and complained, and got things changed. Now they have insurance, security settings, and NO POSSIBLE WAY for anyone to get a single thing of yours if you do not want them to.. So, when someone (like Popps) loses something that could have EASILY been avoided, I feel no remorse for the person, and it annoys the crap out of me when they go out of their way to try to make people feel sorry for them..

Now please, read and re-read what I have just explained to you. When you still don't understand it, come up with another close to incomprehensible grammatical nightmare.
Umm... you do realize that this thread was started by popps... dont you? So to respond too my post with disagreement has no place here. You opinions of my post having nothing too do with popps issues. The fact that you have constructed this is pointless. Just because someone knowingly or unknowling fell into a situation that led too a theft of that persons items; Does not mean they are to blame. This is simple logic. If your statement is true, then in your world that means anyone violated by a crime is there fault. So if someone gets robbed it is there fault. It would be there fault, if there car was stolen, house burglarized, and other crimes against persons. No its not there fault; Nor will it ever be. It is the fault of the person who saw an opportunity too be a pos, and took it...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, have you tried repeating the situation mutiple times to see if it was a bug even with your ship secuity settings corrected or if it was truly a ship secuirty mishap and a person took free fish that was left for them? Meaning ......

1) Use the exact ship that you initially lost your fish
2) Have the ship in the same area and facet
3) Place something in your cargo hold
4) Keep the new secuirty settings you corrected
5) Refresh your ship
6) Log in the next day after the set up and check on your ship.

If I am missing anything in the steps above I apologize but I would suggest to try to see if you can repeat it with some trials. If you can't repeat the mishap then some lucky guy got some fish for free. If you do happen to repeat it then report the bug to the devs.

At this one time I cannot do this testing since my ship is missing from my last recorded location. It is 5 days now that my rune to the ship is not working for the known bug and the ship is not at my last recorded location on UOAutomap (now I have the habit to always record ship location on UOAM before I log off...). I am working on the issue to find it but without assistance from a GM it is rather difficult.... The ship is still out there, somewhere, as I cannot place another ship with the character that owns it (I get the message that I have another ship already deployed), only I have no clue where it was taken by whomever boarded it (again, even with security settings changed after the looting...).

I will do the testing you suggest after I have been able to find it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Umm... you do realize that this thread was started by popps... dont you? So to respond too my post with disagreement has no place here.
Part of a discussion would be responding to other posts, not just the OP.

See? I just did.