• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet Origin Shard March 20th, 2017

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one is hurt by power scrolls being transferable. The simple truth is that anyone with a half way trained character can solo a coon spawn on pretty much any shard but ATL if they want. There are far better things to farm on slow shards than powerscrolls if the goal is taking stuff back to ATL to sell.

Only two groups benefits from scrolls being shard bound:
1. ATL pvp crowd who will be able to control the market on that server.
2. Those with shard shield who will transfer (for free) to eat scrolls on other shards just like they do now with the masteries.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's basic math, no one is going to eat 80M just to transfer scrolls. It doesn't really matter what approximate value anyone derives from it.

Comparatively, no one wants to grind 21-28 hours a week for equivalent value or less. That sucks, period, let alone it requires multiple characters and multiboxing is not legal.

But you're correct, it's all the other items which will cause gold value (not prices) unaffected, based on supply and demand.

Their goal is to simply drive down prices on power scrolls but more supply on lower populated shards. They did not arrive at any conclusion based on overall impact or this wouldn't even be a discussion.

You're also correct, the inflation will not be correct without wiping the gold slate clean in which case you might as well shut the game down. No one is going to stand for years of work down the drain.
If they shard bind scrolls no one will be X-ferring them anyways, prices will adjust to the level each shard can support independently. If Atl has the demand to support an 30 mil price for a 120 Magery, then that 30 mil is their value, on ATL. However if Napa can only support a 12 mil price due to lower demand, then that's fine too. People who migrated to Atl may find themselves migrating out due to economic imbalances eventually causing a normalizing effect which overtime will help stabilize shard economies.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If they shard bind scrolls no one will be X-ferring them anyways, prices will adjust to the level each shard can support independently. If Atl has the demand to support an 30 mil price for a 120 Magery, then that 30 mil is their value, on ATL. However if Napa can only support a 12 mil price due to lower demand, then that's fine too. People who migrated to Atl may find themselves migrating out due to economic imbalances eventually causing a normalizing effect which overtime will help stabilize shard economies.

This was referring to current conditions, sorry if the point was poorly stated.

I was merely refuting it's not made up of people farming scrolls themselves and transferring back to ATL, and even then is most likely veteran players with shard shields.

Your point is taken, and I did consider that as I was eating lunch.

But I came to the conclusion not many people are going to transfer to an low populated shard to save a few mil in power scrolls.

There's no net gain in it for them when all other items are unaffected.

In this scenario it won't equal out in my opinion, but I could be persuaded to see otherwise.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Add EM drops to the shard bound list. *Nods*
I'm ok with that too wouldn't mind a 50mil gold X-fer cap either...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOLOLOL. All items that cant be looted should be shard bound, which would include em events. Shard shields are what should be removed. This game lost so much money on free xfers in the past few years on that alone. It also completely ruined every shard cept atlantic. This is a step in the right direction to fix the game as a whole. If enough things became shard bound, it would also shutdown all 3rd party sites that dupe and sell items non stop which also destroys the game. The game economy would literally fix itself within a year and more people would play their home shards cause they can make gold again.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eh I'm OK with power scrolls being shard bound. I have shard shields :) :troll:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Eh I'm OK with power scrolls being shard bound. I have shard shields :) :troll:
Those honestly need to be made strictly decorative

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
While they're at it, how abut making everything that drops in an IDOC become shard bound. That'll keep stuff on its original shard.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
LOLOLOLOL. All items that cant be looted should be shard bound, which would include em events. Shard shields are what should be removed. This game lost so much money on free xfers in the past few years on that alone. It also completely ruined every shard cept atlantic. This is a step in the right direction to fix the game as a whole. If enough things became shard bound, it would also shutdown all 3rd party sites that dupe and sell items non stop which also destroys the game. The game economy would literally fix itself within a year and more people would play their home shards cause they can make gold again.
There's some validity to the thought process but this can't be bridged by a half-baked scheme.

The correction will not be an easy one because it won't be stomached by many in the top end.

But that's okay, I'd allow them to wipe the gold slate clean if it meant increased longevity and better economics for new players.

The endless journey idea is most likely going to be a train wreck if they don't sort this and the new player experience out.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondering if I catched that correctly: Pets will be able to eat powerscrolls after the pet revamp? And you still can't transfer pets with the shard shields, can you? Genuinely asking.
When you Xfer your stable goes with you.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
While they're at it, how abut making everything that drops in an IDOC become shard bound. That'll keep stuff on its original shard.
Let's be serious here, if the goal is to make items mostly shard bound, they're better off fixing the original mistake of allowing character transfers.

They could help by rescinding the number of vet tokens produced from a shard shield if they insist on keeping them.

Shard bound is not the way to go.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There's some validity to the thought process but this can't be bridged by a half-baked scheme.

The correction will not be an easy one because it won't be stomached by many in the top end.

But that's okay, I'd allow them to wipe the gold slate clean if it meant increased longevity and better economics for new players.

The endless journey idea is most likely going to be a train wreck if they don't sort this and the new player experience out.
New player content is going to be a big issue, but so is intermediate content. Everything keeps getting revamped to focus on advanced players, soon they'll have to rename the game to "Spreadsheets Online" and include an Office 365 subscription with your sub fees....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When Power Scrolls first came out the most powerful guilds controlled the market and now that Mesanna refuses to do anything about the MultiBoxers how long do you think it will take them to control the market and like before PS will cost top money on all the shards AGAIN.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When Power Scrolls first came out the most powerful guilds controlled the market and now that Mesanna refuses to do anything about the MultiBoxers how long do you think it will take them to control the market and like before PS will cost top money on all the shards AGAIN.
Honestly, I would hope a group of Trammel-centric Blues can figure out to focus fire the live player, then turn on the bots. So what if all the bots target one person, the controller is still getting floored by a mass attack screwing up the bots.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's basic math, no one is going to eat 80M just to transfer scrolls. It doesn't really matter what approximate value anyone derives from it.

Comparatively, no one wants to grind 21-28 hours a week for equivalent value or less. That sucks, period, let alone it requires multiple characters and multiboxing is not legal.

But you're correct, it's all the other items which will cause gold value (not prices) unaffected, based on supply and demand.

Their goal is to simply drive down prices on power scrolls but more supply on lower populated shards. They did not arrive at any conclusion based on overall impact or this wouldn't even be a discussion.

You're also correct, the inflation will not be correct without wiping the gold slate clean in which case you might as well shut the game down. No one is going to stand for years of work down the drain.
I wasn't arguing wether it was or not worth the time invested, you said it would take substantial amount of "scrolls" to reach 80m which in itself isn't actually true. 5 scrolls alone would put you over that threshold. I'm arguing the fact that there's are tons and tons of items that currently yield more than scrolls alone. By making them"scrolls" shard bound increases "that market" per shard. Wether or not you farm roof to buy or trade for them because you don't like pvp, or partake in the content itself is irrelevant

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell are you even talking about? Do you have a sheet next to you of weird stuff to say? Scrolls have been being farmed for 10+ years. Some afk some with bots some without. What makes you think making scroll shard bound changes that?

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Let's be serious here, if the goal is to make items mostly shard bound, they're better off fixing the original mistake of allowing character transfers.

They could help by rescinding the number of vet tokens produced from a shard shield if they insist on keeping them.

Shard bound is not the way to go.
I admit, I was being a bit facetious. The proposed shard boundedness of power scrolls appears to be very targeted, and not about protecting shards in general. But I have seen quantities of off shard IDOCers, whom I presume carry off their hardwaitedupon spoils to other shards. If this is about stuff being siphoned off smaller shards, then making many things shard bound would be the way to go, or getting rid of character transfers altogether. The devs are only concerning themselves with power scrolls, though, so I have to wonder on the reason, and what exactly they expect will happen, and what will actually happen.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's too late to make the powerscrolls shard bound, they shouldn've done it when they came out, damage has been done.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's too late to make the powerscrolls shard bound, they shouldn've done it when they came out, damage has been done.
It's not too late with a huge sink of Scrolls going out soon...it'll take no more than 6 months to even out.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe, maybe not...if a lot of these revamps are in preparation for their endless journey experiment, it could have merit... what if, and this is speculation they limit what shards freebie accounts can play on to lower pop shards they'll need a way to make sure scrolls are available so they can sell an unlock allowing characters to use them in the game store...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wasn't arguing wether it was or not worth the time invested, you said it would take substantial amount of "scrolls" to reach 80m which in itself isn't actually true. 5 scrolls alone would put you over that threshold. I'm arguing the fact that there's are tons and tons of items that currently yield more than scrolls alone. By making them"scrolls" shard bound increases "that market" per shard. Wether or not you farm roof to buy or trade for them because you don't like pvp, or partake in the content itself is irrelevant

Sadly it is true, your average scroll drop is not the top tier Magery, Resist, or tactics. Which I meant to imply but probably did not suggest it strongly enough I guess.

So if you're lucky, 5 scrolls could put you there, it's just not an average. The farming alone to get said 5 scrolls would still hold the statement true.

I understood about the other items, the problem is it's only affecting powerscrolls. So sure, you could make gold other was such as grinding 3-4 hours a day every week.

This seems to be limiting to play styles and pvp.

I'd have to pass.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I admit, I was being a bit facetious. The proposed shard boundedness of power scrolls appears to be very targeted, and not about protecting shards in general. But I have seen quantities of off shard IDOCers, whom I presume carry off their hardwaitedupon spoils to other shards. If this is about stuff being siphoned off smaller shards, then making many things shard bound would be the way to go, or getting rid of character transfers altogether. The devs are only concerning themselves with power scrolls, though, so I have to wonder on the reason, and what exactly they expect will happen, and what will actually happen.
Sure and don't get me wrong I'm not really arguing since I agree with much of what you've said.

The thing is, I don't think they really know either, so just trying to interject my opinion here and there so they don't think it's actually a good idea.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
New player content is going to be a big issue, but so is intermediate content. Everything keeps getting revamped to focus on advanced players, soon they'll have to rename the game to "Spreadsheets Online" and include an Office 365 subscription with your sub fees....

I am slightly concerned they haven't addressed the new player experience.

It'll be content limited without spending what $150 (this is probably an exaggeration)to upgrade to current content, they'll have to invest in an excel course, and still be behind the inflation curve.

I mean, what's not to like about that?

But hey! They get to play small parts of a 20 year old game for free! Woot!!!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, I would hope a group of Trammel-centric Blues can figure out to focus fire the live player, then turn on the bots. So what if all the bots target one person, the controller is still getting floored by a mass attack screwing up the bots.

Sadly IMHO it will be the same thing all over again. One guild controlled the spawn and an entire shard could not stop it. From what I understand a 10 BOT MultiBoxer can basically kill one toon every shot (10 shots) at a time so how many people would it take to kill them when you never see them die at events, it is like they are unkillable. Then if you get 2 or 3 of these MultiBoxers teaming up everyone is basically done for .

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The top end is the reason why the game is about to die. they can all quit and the game would be better. I guarantee 99% of those top end people can be linked to the 3rd party sites that are trashing the games economy. its a lot like rl where you can buy American made but its much more expensive, so people just buy the Chinese version for a 1/4 of the price. the sites are the equivalent of Walmart irl. boycott Walmart and the world would be better for americans

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Join a group, learn to defend a fel spawn, do Trammel Spawns and bind PK free. Make a T-Hunter and farm forged pardons and then do spawns as a non VvV let them kill you, give them a murder count and then sell them a forged pardon and save up gold to buy the scrolls. By making powerscrolls shard bound it not only helps re-populate Champ spawns. Makes Scrolls worth more, stops dead shard scripting and ruining all legit players that wanna make a buck. Some 120's still fetch a nice buck, because they are in such high demand. With the amount of ridiculous armor/weapons/templates now 3 people can start and finish a baracoon in like 6-7 minutes. It's no one fault but the players if they refuse to adapt, but yet want EVERYONE to adapt to them lacking in adaptation..

Making stuff shard bound like that is NOT the answer... If they want to "fix" the economy they need to FIX the gold in game already.... and give people something real to spend it on..... and REMOVE it from game.

If they want to make stuff shard bound that OUGHT to be they should look at the EM Event items. NOT PS. Making PS shard bound is the same as it was before we could transfer shards it lines the pockets of those in Fel... Nothing more... it forces people who don't care to PvP to either leave the shard to get their own.... or to pay PvPers... PvP should be a choice and should not be something that they "force" on people who don't care for it. If they want it to be more appealing perhaps they need to work more on stopping the cheating.. but it's obvious that's not going to happen.... anyway you want to win... When will they finally get it that people don't care for the playstyle? No amount of crap added to Fel is going to make it appealing to people that don't want to PvP period.

As many others have said it won't stop people they will simply shield over to another shard eat the scroll and come back... and if you think I can't take my pets to another shard to put a scroll on them you are crazy. If my character goes my stable goes with.... just because you can't be sitting on your pet when you travel to another shard doesn't mean your pet doesn't come with you. Anything in your stable transfers to the other shard...

Making PS shard bound is also only going to benefit those like myself who have ALL the shard shields... .... multiple accounts worth of them... It benefits those already with the $$ in game and it only HURTS the newer players... those without accounts 15+ years old...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What the hell are you even talking about? Do you have a sheet next to you of weird stuff to say? Scrolls have been being farmed for 10+ years. Some afk some with bots some without. What makes you think making scroll shard bound changes that?

And do you even READ before you engage that gray matter, no you do not. The thing keeping them lower is that they can be transferred and some sell cheap on the shard they get them on. If they are shard bound like they were pre Xfer the cost WILL GO UP even on low populated shards. Was that easier for YOU to UNDERSTAND. I bet you did even play back then.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On my home shard one guild pretty much had a choke hold on everything in Fel... putting this restriction on PS will only bring that back.. and make Fel once again an impossibility for 99% of the rest of the people on the shard... it will do NOTHING for adding more "fun" to Fel... Because like before those that refuse to join the Zerg..... will go elsewhere.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The top end is the reason why the game is about to die. they can all quit and the game would be better. I guarantee 99% of those top end people can be linked to the 3rd party sites that are trashing the games economy. its a lot like rl where you can buy American made but its much more expensive, so people just buy the Chinese version for a 1/4 of the price. the sites are the equivalent of Walmart irl. boycott Walmart and the world would be better for americans
This is a pretty loaded statement.

i don't pretend to know what they all do with their gold.

Open trade with China isn't that black and white either.

But that's wayyyyyy off topic and too in depth for what I'm willing to discuss right now.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making stuff shard bound like that is NOT the answer... If they want to "fix" the economy they need to FIX the gold in game already.... and give people something real to spend it on..... and REMOVE it from game.

If they want to make stuff shard bound that OUGHT to be they should look at the EM Event items. NOT PS. Making PS shard bound is the same as it was before we could transfer shards it lines the pockets of those in Fel... Nothing more... it forces people who don't care to PvP to either leave the shard to get their own.... or to pay PvPers... PvP should be a choice and should not be something that they "force" on people who don't care for it. If they want it to be more appealing perhaps they need to work more on stopping the cheating.. but it's obvious that's not going to happen.... anyway you want to win... When will they finally get it that people don't care for the playstyle? No amount of crap added to Fel is going to make it appealing to people that don't want to PvP period.

As many others have said it won't stop people they will simply shield over to another shard eat the scroll and come back... and if you think I can't take my pets to another shard to put a scroll on them you are crazy. If my character goes my stable goes with.... just because you can't be sitting on your pet when you travel to another shard doesn't mean your pet doesn't come with you. Anything in your stable transfers to the other shard...

Making PS shard bound is also only going to benefit those like myself who have ALL the shard shields... .... multiple accounts worth of them... It benefits those already with the $$ in game and it only HURTS the newer players... those without accounts 15+ years old...
Honestly I didn't read the whole post for a simple reason, it's not forcing you to pvp there's 100's of options for you to get gold and buy them. That's like saying make slithers rare loot from people I kill because I don't want to be forced to go PvM, it's the same both ways. I don't enjoy PvM as much as you do so why should I be forced to? Oh so I can get a slither? Makes sense. As for it hurting anyone, it doesn't. You have powerscrolls you can bind safely in Trammel. Risk vs Reward. If you want to waste a minimum of 14 transfer to scroll up an account because you want to afk spawn or save a few million..more power to you. Again..it should have been shard bound from Day 1.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my home shard one guild pretty much had a choke hold on everything in Fel... putting this restriction on PS will only bring that back.. and make Fel once again an impossibility for 99% of the rest of the people on the shard... it will do NOTHING for adding more "fun" to Fel... Because like before those that refuse to join the Zerg..... will go elsewhere.
Get a group and dethrone them. If you don't like pvp. Type Vendor Buy.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And do you even READ before you engage that gray matter, no you do not. The thing keeping them lower is that they can be transferred and some sell cheap on the shard they get them on. If they are shard bound like they were pre Xfer the cost WILL GO UP even on low populated shards. Was that easier for YOU to UNDERSTAND. I bet you did even play back then.
I read it, and re read it. It's just a stupid sentiment. If no one on a lower populated shard pays the high prices, prices drop...it's pretty simple actually. Unfortunately for you, there's an ass for every seat, so some jack a mole will eventually pay. You can combat that by doing the spawns yourself and charge what you feel is fair. Even if the guy who's charging 10x the price buys it to mark it up, what do you care? You've already made what you "feel" is fair in a virtual world of E-Coins

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read it, and re read it. It's just a stupid sentiment. If no one on a lower populated shard pays the high prices, prices drop...it's pretty simple actually. Unfortunately for you, there's an ass for every seat, so some jack a mole will eventually pay. You can combat that by doing the spawns yourself and charge what you feel is fair. Even if the guy who's charging 10x the price buys it to mark it up, what do you care? You've already made what you "feel" is fair in a virtual world of E-Coins

:facepalm: Absolutely clueless and proves you were not around when PS first came out. Do you even know what a ZERG Guild was and how they controlled the UO PS market, of course not because you were not there and now we have the MultiBoxers that will just replace them and control the UO PS market or do you even know what those are, do you even play UO.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

So, I gotta ask since you brought it up...

Do you actively farm spawns or anything in fel now that the guild(s) you're talking about doesn't play almost at all anymore?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Do you actively farm spawns or anything in fel now that the guild(s) you're talking about doesn't play almost at all anymore?
There's a 0% chance. It's just a complain fest, always is. Too much lag, not enough people, 55 accounts to gear up, can't do anything because archers miss 99.9% of the time. It doesn't ever change here. The same 3-4 people complain about LITERALLY everything.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There's a 0% chance. It's just a complain fest, always is. Too much lag, not enough people, 55 accounts to gear up, can't do anything because archers miss 99.9% of the time. It doesn't ever change here. The same 3-4 people complain about LITERALLY everything.

Everyone needs a hobby..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I was.... for awhile. But then those I was doing it with stopped doing them... and some of the zergs moved back to patrolling the shard. Making it no longer fun. I don't care for that sort of playstyle... it doesn't excite me make me want to "get better" at PvP... I'm sorry but I can't get better at PvP when those that are against me are unhindered by anything in their path... move at speeds I'm incapable of or cause such incredible lag the instant they appear on the screen that I can not move at all... I'm not going to DL some illegal 3rd party app to compete... just like I could if I wanted to run 4 or 5 or even 10 characters at once and Multibox..... but I DON'T.

I do not find it "fun" to be ganked 10 to 1... I do not find it fun to gank someone else 10 to 1... .....

I don't want to pay some one for a PS... and while you think it's "easy" to make 100's of millions in gold I've done PvM for years I've never once gotten a slither in the 100's of times I've done Medusa... Never gotten anything worth 5 mill or anything else off of Lady M, Doom or anywhere else... And if I did .... I have over 70 characters on my home shard alone.... I don't sell what I get.... I don't play UO to make money... so no I don't have the gold to buy whatever it is anyone else is selling... And the more and more the DEVs make everything a grind the less and less I play. I've never gotten an Orny in Doom either... best I ever got was an Armor of Fortune one time..... 9 times out of 10 "if" I ever get a drop.... and that's a big if...... it's garbage... but that's the RNG and it truly hates me.

So go ahead make it another thing that I don't do in UO... bring back the Zerg guild choke hold on UO and see how many folk would rather quit this game than go backwards in development.

Some of us like to get things for ourselves. As for me.... I can go to some unpopulated shard and get my own... take a few more trips there and back to load my character up with PS I get myself... but not every player has the luxury of having tons of shard shields...

The only things I get with any consistency is a drop from an EM Event about 1 in every 3... of the 1/20 drops. If it's an "everyone" drop I'm actually less likely to actually get it. And I don't normally sell those... I happen to like what I get and would prefer to keep it.... I don't care what people are selling them for.... selling it IMO defeats it's purpose... which IMO is to have a reminder of the Event and what fun the Event was... and to remember the story from the Event when you see the item...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So go ahead make it another thing that I don't do in UO... bring back the Zerg guild choke hold on UO and see how many folk would rather quit this game than go backwards in development.
If they weren't so danged hell-bent on catering to the pvp'er/zerg/fel crowd, they could put those scrolls also on the ilsh spawns...then I wouldn't care if they were shard bound.

Yeah, as if that was gonna happen LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they weren't so danged hell-bent on catering to the pvp'er/zerg/fel crowd, they could put those scrolls also on the ilsh spawns...then I wouldn't care if they were shard bound.

If they put PS on Illsh spawns you'd never hear the end of the crying... but I can say one thing for sure.... you'd probably see a 100 fold increase in the number of people doing spawns in Illsh.... and *gasps* having fun...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was.... for awhile. But then those I was doing it with stopped doing them... and some of the zergs moved back to patrolling the shard. Making it no longer fun. I don't care for that sort of playstyle... it doesn't excite me make me want to "get better" at PvP... I'm sorry but I can't get better at PvP when those that are against me are unhindered by anything in their path... move at speeds I'm incapable of or cause such incredible lag the instant they appear on the screen that I can not move at all... I'm not going to DL some illegal 3rd party app to compete... just like I could if I wanted to run 4 or 5 or even 10 characters at once and Multibox..... but I DON'T.

I do not find it "fun" to be ganked 10 to 1... I do not find it fun to gank someone else 10 to 1... .....

I don't want to pay some one for a PS... and while you think it's "easy" to make 100's of millions in gold I've done PvM for years I've never once gotten a slither in the 100's of times I've done Medusa... Never gotten anything worth 5 mill or anything else off of Lady M, Doom or anywhere else... And if I did .... I have over 70 characters on my home shard alone.... I don't sell what I get.... I don't play UO to make money... so no I don't have the gold to buy whatever it is anyone else is selling... And the more and more the DEVs make everything a grind the less and less I play. I've never gotten an Orny in Doom either... best I ever got was an Armor of Fortune one time..... 9 times out of 10 "if" I ever get a drop.... and that's a big if...... it's garbage... but that's the RNG and it truly hates me.

Some of us like to get things for ourselves. As for me.... I can go to some unpopulated shard and get my own... take a few more trips there and back to load my character up with PS I get myself... but not every player has the luxury of having tons of shard shields...

The only things I get with any consistency is a drop from an EM Event about 1 in every 3... of the 1/20 drops. If it's an "everyone" drop I'm actually less likely to actually get it. And I don't normally sell those... I happen to like what I get and would prefer to keep it.... I don't care what people are selling them for.... selling it IMO defeats it's purpose... which IMO is to have a reminder of the Event and what fun the Event was... and to remember the story from the Event when you see the item...
I just read a whole lot of..I can't, I don't wanna, I won't. So because you're incapable of or don't want to compete or complete everyone has to continue playing in a dumbed down version of things? Again..you won't have to pay anyone for anything. There's Trammel spawns where you can bind to your hearts content. Or you can spend tons of time and tokens moving from shard to shard and pray not to see another soul in game. Heck you can even role-play that you have 120 skills.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You guys all learn a new word today in Zerg? You do realize dying 3-1 doesn't mean they are a Zerg, why do I have a feeling it wouldn't even matter if it was 2v8...risk vs reward. Trammel literally has everything you want minus one thing lol.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they put PS on Illsh spawns you'd never hear the end of the crying... but I can say one thing for sure.... you'd probably see a 100 fold increase in the number of people doing spawns in Illsh.... and *gasps* having fun...
Exactly! Therefore it won't be done.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not everything needs to be catered towards the pvm crowd...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Literally 90% of UO has never even done an Ilsh spawn. Partially because..fel isn't scary. Go do island, no one ever wastes time going there. I know a guy who is by far the biggest Trammy I have ever played with. That guys chains spawns basically all day long on multiple shards with multiple accounts. Weird..he sells gold a mil for .15¢ and probably has a few hundred plat. But he couldn't kill a mongbat if it had human AI. Being bad at pvp isn't a reason to destroy the literal last thing left to fight for because you're bad at it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EC is almost 2x Faster than any speed hack. You really are reaching, or really just have the worst computer/connection. Again...your own doing. Always complaining and blaming everything on everyone..there's a word for that

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just read a whole lot of..I can't, I don't wanna, I won't. So because you're incapable of or don't want to compete or complete everyone has to continue playing in a dumbed down version of things? Again..you won't have to pay anyone for anything. There's Trammel spawns where you can bind to your hearts content. Or you can spend tons of time and tokens moving from shard to shard and pray not to see another soul in game. Heck you can even role-play that you have 120 skills.

I'm not sure if I know you or not...and I have absolutely no issue with your playstyle. I do, however, have an issue with the people running this show forcing me and others like me to play your playstyle to be competitive. Even the majority of pvp'ers I have interacted with admit that they realize they are a very small portion of the subscriber base...why then, do they bend over so backwards to appease y'all? Got to be a story there somewhere, but i don't care enough to dig around for it.

And if you big bad pvp'ers really really wanted to pvp y'all would be playing siege where you have the whole world to pvp in. Instead you would rather hang on prodo with insurance, and pick off the non-pvpers that the dev team forces to come to you. So you aren't really all that badass of a pvper, you are instead a sheep slayer. In the real UO days, I had a lot of red friends, we respected each other and our playstyles. There are very few of the current crop I have any respect at all for.

Edited in: @cazador not trying to attack you, you were just the most vocal. And this entire topic got started because ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our dev team is concentrating on fixing things that are not broken...

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Literally 90% of UO has never even done an Ilsh spawn. Partially because..fel isn't scary. Go do island, no one ever wastes time going there. I know a guy who is by far the biggest Trammy I have ever played with. That guys chains spawns basically all day long on multiple shards with multiple accounts. Weird..he sells gold a mil for .15¢ and probably has a few hundred plat. But he couldn't kill a mongbat if it had human AI. Being bad at pvp isn't a reason to destroy the literal last thing left to fight for because you're bad at it.

Why do you need something to fight for? Shouldn't you PvP because you like to PvP? I've never seen the logic behind people who go around claiming they only play UO to PvP, want PvP more skill based, yet have an issue with a change that will helkeep Unskilled people out of the PvP arena. Risk vs Reward is thrown about as a reasoning, but where is the Risk on the side of the skilled PvPer when they are beating down trammies trying to run a spawn? Risk vs Reward can not only apply one way, nor should it.