• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet On Mizuho 2-27-17

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have discussed it at length, several times. Just because the UO Producer isn't willing or capable of enforcing the ToS to curb rampant cheating (The ToS published for UO state it's cheating regardless) in UO, doesn't mean we should endorse this behavior. There's a difference between being unable to correct an issue and actively facilitating making it worse by allowing open discussion on it.
I say if the GM won't take action and the UO Producer states openly they won't action an account, it isn't cheating no matter what the old paper says.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@hungry4knowhow What Draconi "torched" was a drop in the bucket to what was really in UO at the time, those were all little houses. Did any Castles get the "torch"?. IMHO those were lambs that were slaughter to say see what we are doing and honestly those houses could have been put there for that reason. Did anybody really see what was in those houses before they were put under the torch?
Yes, on Napa there was a torched castle complete with burning effigy and debris. I placed a keep in the immediate area and eventually the bigger black parts vanished. Couldn't place a castle for years there because of 4 pieces of nearly invisible black speckles/debris remained on the border of the burnt castle. Even paging GMs and an email to Mesanna failed to have the items deleted, until one day I noticed about a year and a half ago, those pesky blocking speckles were gone.

So if Mesanna finally did remove them, thank you for allowing me to place a castle there!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If this is even possible, I would like to see some events and champ spawns held with drops only going to non multi-botters maybe alternating with the uneven plagued field we play on presently. Maybe if the shoe gets put on the other foot will we have balance again.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is one of the problems with multiclients and multiboxing.

When two people of the same household log in and play, generally the IP will show up as the same IP.

So suddenly you have two clients going from the same IP, right?

That is why they are probably saying they can't do much.

When I GMed for another game, we disallowed two accounts from the same IP to play the same server. Which was totally self defeating.

Of course you always had the ones that were actually multiboxing, trying to say they were family.

But the transactions between accounts, times, and quantity of accounts eventually lead them to being banned.

But there were other instances where we actually banned people just for being in the same household.

So while they could, why would they go through the hassle of prohibiting something that's earning them money, but could also be detrimental to the legit player base.

I wouldn't do anything about it either.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is one of the problems with multiclients and multiboxing.

When two people of the same household log in and play, generally the IP will show up as the same IP.

So suddenly you have two clients going from the same IP, right?

That is why they are probably saying they can't do much.

When I GMed for another game, we disallowed two accounts from the same IP to play the same server. Which was totally self defeating.

Of course you always had the ones that were actually multiboxing, trying to say they were family.

But the transactions between accounts, times, and quantity of accounts eventually lead them to being banned.

But there were other instances where we actually banned people just for being in the same household.

So while they could, why would they go through the hassle of prohibiting something that's earning them money, but could also be detrimental to the legit player base.

I wouldn't do anything about it either.
I find this idiotic. Yeah a husband and wife are always gonna stand on the same tile, run to the exact same spot, cast the exact same spells at the exact same time... blah blah blah. Multiboxers stick out like a sore thumb, DEV team is just too damn lazy to want to deal with it. Plain and Simple.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same IP on 2 accounts with different actions at different times is not as suspicious as simultaneously identical actions on 2 or more accounts.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find this idiotic. Yeah a husband and wife are always gonna stand on the same tile, run to the exact same spot, cast the exact same spells at the exact same time... blah blah blah. Multiboxers stick out like a sore thumb, DEV team is just too damn lazy to want to deal with it. Plain and Simple.
OR!!!!! The dev team has better things to do than diligently work on reducing the amount of money the game brings in. Maybe.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You can find it however you like, but was a legitimate issue when dealing with multiclients.

You add in scripts that behave as if someone is playing it becomes even more difficult.

So yeah they could try and tackle it, but trying to combat this on a 20 year old game with as many subs, isn't worth the time or effort in my opinion.

But to each their own.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Same IP on 2 accounts with different actions at different times is not as suspicious as simultaneously identical actions on 2 or more accounts.
Let's look at it this way, if they're multiboxing they're probably running a script or a macro using third party program.

They will not be similar actions regardless of what they're doing.

If they're not, they probably aren't multiboxing.
And if the argument is well they could be using a pet or training on something, are these really the things we need to be policing?

Is the guy trying to finish swordsmanship on a golem while he snags a sandwich THAT detrimental to the game? No, probably not.

Yes you can go after them, but the amount of time and effort just isn't worth it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OR!!!!! The dev team has better things to do than diligently work on reducing the amount of money the game brings in. Maybe.
Except eventually not dealing with it will do just that. People have, and will continue to leave due to frustration with rampant cheating. Once enough are gone there is no benefit to multi-boxing. The RMTer's using it to farm gold or items to sell for gold won't have enough people to sell too, people doing it to increased odds at EM events of a drop won't have the competition to face. Once this happens those extra accounts will close down and those of the people who got fed up and left will be gone too.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Except eventually not dealing with it will do just that. People have, and will continue to leave due to frustration with rampant cheating. Once enough are gone there is no benefit to multi-boxing. The RMTer's using it to farm gold or items to sell for gold won't have enough people to sell too, people doing it to increased odds at EM events of a drop won't have the competition to face. Once this happens those extra accounts will close down and those of the people who got fed up and left will be gone too.
Are people really still leaving because of this?

I'm guessing there aren't that many leaving specifically because if multiboxing.

This is trying to pass off speculation as fact.

Fearmongering just isn't a valid argument, sorry.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's look at it this way, if they're multiboxing they're probably running a script or a macro using third party program.

They will not be similar actions regardless of what they're doing.

If they're not, they probably aren't multiboxing.
And if the argument is well they could be using a pet or training on something, are these really the things we need to be policing?

Is the guy trying to finish swordsmanship on a golem while he snags a sandwich THAT detrimental to the game? No, probably not.

Yes you can go after them, but the amount of time and effort just isn't worth it.
Agree with you in your multi-clienting training example, and no action needs to be taken except maybe a warning in the first instance. However, I am truly sick of the lag inducing, drop crippling multi-botters spamming a screenful of simultaneous chivalry spells that are monopolizing the game.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I'm guessing there aren't that many leaving specifically because if multiboxing.

I didn't say leaving for multi-boxing specifically, I said people have and will leave out of frustration for the the cheating in general. It might be speculation that this is possibly true, but it's just as speculative to say they won't.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a little confused, why were there only a bunch on non issue questions?
Was this a "pretend" meet and greet with fabricated questions?
Why is nobody asking about bugs such as missing curse descriptions on items, and missing armor inherent bonuses on non medable armor?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Agree with you in your multi-clienting training example, and no action needs to be taken except maybe a warning in the first instance. However, I am truly sick of the lag inducing, drop crippling multi-botters spamming a screenful of simultaneous chivalry spells that are monopolizing the game.

The only example i see on this is EM events.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I didn't say leaving for multi-boxing specifically, I said people have and will leave out of frustration for the the cheating in general. It might be speculation that this is possibly true, but it's just as speculative to say they won't.
You're right it is, but I try not to base arguments on speculation.

Cheating yeah, but with multiboxing it starts becoming a grey area.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm a little confused, why were there only a bunch on non issue questions?
Was this a "pretend" meet and greet with fabricated questions?
Why is nobody asking about bugs such as missing curse descriptions on items, and missing armor inherent bonuses on non medable armor?
Well that's the beauty of meet and greets lol.

I was thinking why no one asked more about the 20th anniversary or even the castle design etc instead of noodles and cooking.

But hey, if that's what Mizuho cares about then props to them.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No use going to meet and greet unless you have a soft question.

The approved responses will be

No
We will put that on the list
We talked about it
Maybe next year

bleh

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was a bit disappointed nobody asked for clarification on the criteria for the castle re-design, maybe they prefer noodles to castles... :p

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

there actually have been. good number have left silently because of it. probably because they do want to sell their items, and dont want people to know the state of decay the game is in. ill admit myself am included in that group. youd probably notice it alot more but the rules of stratics in themselves have prohibited much of the who/why/reasons people are leaving the game. but yes, many have left as a direct result.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only example i see on this is EM events.
try just about any area of the game that has profitable drops. just look at doom or blackthorns castle. Also the group of 15 thats was pumping legendary loot out of putrifier for the past year that flooded and killed the legendary market (which was the reason the mini-boss was recently changed)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
there actually have been. good number have left silently because of it. probably because they do want to sell their items, and dont want people to know the state of decay the game is in. ill admit myself am included in that group. youd probably notice it alot more but the rules of stratics in themselves have prohibited much of the who/why/reasons people are leaving the game. but yes, many have left as a direct result.
There are always exceptions, but not having anything to follow it up with makes it speculation.

And to point out, yet here you are.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are always exceptions, but not having anything to follow it up with makes it speculation.

what exactly do you want me to "follow it up with". the discussion cant be posted. if you really want to continue feel free to icq me.

and yes, im still here. but with only 2 accounts left, and if i were smart i wouldnt be here at all.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And at that point the game closes. Once there is no reason for RMT the game will close.

So here are the options:
1)Banhammer the violators = game closes now.
2) do nothing, and all the legit players leave, causing the violators to also leave = game closes eventually.

Hmmmm...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
what exactly do you want me to "follow it up with". the discussion cant be posted. if you really want to continue feel free to icq me.

and yes, im still here. but with only 2 accounts left, and if i were smart i wouldnt be here at all.
You and me both! In fact, I had more fun playing call of duty ghosts the other day than I've had in a while playing UO.

I've pondered to myself why I bother letting the accounts age, outside of the occasional play time.

The $40 a month doesn't mean much but it would probably be better off spent elsewhere.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You and me both! In fact, I had more fun playing call of duty ghosts the other day than I've had in a while playing UO.

I've pondered to myself why I bother letting the accounts age, outside of the occasional play time.

The $40 a month doesn't mean much but it would probably be better off spent elsewhere.
I'm there with ya! At this point I feel I'm only hanging by a thread to this game and that thread is the 2oyr mark. Once my accts hit that later this year, I'm not sure if the thread won't finally unravel.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I find it interesting that when people post their opinion you want facts to back it up but when you post your opinion countering their opinion you post no facts.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I find it interesting that when people post their opinion you want facts to back it up but when you post your opinion countering their opinion you post no facts.
I wasn't the one making the assertion that people are quitting because of multi boxing.

But if there's something you'd like clarification on, Id be happy to clear it up for you.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And at that point the game closes. Once there is no reason for RMT the game will close.

So here are the options:
1)Banhammer the violators = game closes now.
2) do nothing, and all the legit players leave, causing the violators to also leave = game closes eventually.

Hmmmm...
See you're looking at it as a player, try looking at it from what's good for a Brand Image....

1) Banhammer the vioators = Game closes with a reputation for Broadsword that says they are encouraging fair game play
2) Do nothing = Game eventually closes with Broadsword and the Devs having a reputation for allowing the Oldest Continually running MMORPG die due to cheats and lack of oversight.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See you're looking at it as a player, try looking at it from what's good for a Brand Image....

1) Banhammer the vioators = Game closes with a reputation for Broadsword that says they are encouraging fair game play
2) Do nothing = Game eventually closes with Broadsword and the Devs having a reputation for allowing the Oldest Continually running MMORPG die due to cheats and lack of oversight.
How quickly we forget that every single one of Broadswords employees were once and in some way still are, employees of EA. EA cares nothing about anything other than $$$$

/EDIT: I'll also add, that brand image to a fan website, and brand image to a huge gaming publisher with IP's rolling out the wazoo...are totally different ends of the spectrum...

Stratics has ONE IP its known for. One Image. EA has a ton. They give zero ****s about the brand image of Ultima. Just as they give zero ****s about the brand image of Madden.

Because year in, year out if either of those names are mentioned it doesn't matter if the product is absolute ****...its going to be a big seller.

They can crash this game tomorrow. Piss all of us off, and if 3-5yrs down the road a new, "Ultima" starts floating the gaming sites we will all piss our pants and jump on the bandwagon again. And they know it.

Brand Image = Success

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can not multibox with out multi account use hence multiboxing. Mesanna explained it in a past meeting. They are one in the same technically she said. The only difference is one you just load up more program copys of UO to use. If your passing a pet or house your all good
The other is the same as before but a linking program is used that allows the user to run a mimic program in movement and deed.. if your using the link in game and at a em event and killing the boss your in big trouble if a gm finds you.
I may not be saying it correctly but this is the gist of what I understand the issue to be.
She (mesanna) would need to stop both ways of use to stop the multiboxing.
As its been said the gene is out of the bottle in this matter. This is why she said what she did.
To fix it she would have to stop our being able to load more then one client of UO period.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Multi-clienting... running several clients at the same time... while maintaining separate control over each... move one... move the next move the next or you have to use the CC to have one character "follow" the other however doing this you will see the character that is "following" weaving erratically and at least 2 to 10 tiles behind the character being "followed"... the only one being controlled in this way is the lead character which is under direct control of the player...

Multi-boxing... Running several clients at the same time HOWEVER... using another program to "link" them all so that all the characters follow the ONE mouse control EXACTLY... thus they will stack on one another .... Occupy the same tile at the same time... cast the same spells, target the same target, and do all their actions IN UNISON...

One can not explain this more simply than that.... and it's the second one which requires an outside program to run that people are ticked off about. But if this is the kind of player that the DEVs want around maybe I'm playing the wrong game... they seem to encourage this behavior and support it as they continue to allow it to go on... therefore I say give EVERYONE this ability to link up multiple accounts together to work as one... If that's the way the game is to be played now. Otherwise quit making excuses for it and end it.

Stupid to say as long as they can answer and that being AFK is the only thing that deserves a ban... I give up. I guess Cheating is the way to play now. Disgusting... In UO Cheaters win... the rest of us lose.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Mesanna is UO. If she's ok with whatever we see as a rule violation, then it's ok. This issue was dead the moment someone said they would drop an account if enforcement changed.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ghosts? My god, man, people still play that one?

Personally I would play it over any of the full on futuristic ones but I don't own it on a current gen console.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Multi-clienting... running several clients at the same time... while maintaining separate control over each... move one... move the next move the next or you have to use the CC to have one character "follow" the other however doing this you will see the character that is "following" weaving erratically and at least 2 to 10 tiles behind the character being "followed"... the only one being controlled in this way is the lead character which is under direct control of the player...

Multi-boxing... Running several clients at the same time HOWEVER... using another program to "link" them all so that all the characters follow the ONE mouse control EXACTLY... thus they will stack on one another .... Occupy the same tile at the same time... cast the same spells, target the same target, and do all their actions IN UNISON...

One can not explain this more simply than that.... and it's the second one which requires an outside program to run that people are ticked off about. But if this is the kind of player that the DEVs want around maybe I'm playing the wrong game... they seem to encourage this behavior and support it as they continue to allow it to go on... therefore I say give EVERYONE this ability to link up multiple accounts together to work as one... If that's the way the game is to be played now. Otherwise quit making excuses for it and end it.

Stupid to say as long as they can answer and that being AFK is the only thing that deserves a ban... I give up. I guess Cheating is the way to play now. Disgusting... In UO Cheaters win... the rest of us lose.
By your account all MMO's cheaters win and the rest lose.

If thats your only gauge of whether an online game is worth playing then its back to single player for you. Plain and simple.

This is not unique to UO

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every other MMO I've ever played of any decent quality either has far fewer cheats available or cracks down on them. Never seen another as bad as UO.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By your account all MMO's cheaters win and the rest lose.

If thats your only gauge of whether an online game is worth playing then its back to single player for you. Plain and simple.

This is not unique to UO
theres also a very good amount of games where its not present at all. if anything, its an indicator of the games health.

even broadswords main game, Dark Age of Camelot keeps its game clean.
Dark Age of Camelot is coming down hard on cheating
In the other mmorpgs i play, ive never once seen a multiboxer. and Gms are quick to respond and ban obvious cheats.

We all know UO is on its last stages, and when games get to that point yes its obvious when standards are low, but you cant say that as a blanket statement for all games. Healthy games do not have issues with this.

If nothing else, it may be a hint by @Mesanna that anything goes for the last few months of the games life.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Dot_Warner cheating was going on when Richard ran UO and Mesanna wasn't even an employee then. EA has always been about the money and as long as the green rolled in they did nothing. The only time EA told Richard to do something was when UO started bleeding accounts and forced UO to create Tram because they did not want to wait for the UO Team to come up with other ideas, it was a fix it yesterday thing and again it was all about the money. EA allowed items and accounts to be sold on EBay it was Sony that got that shut down not EA. The current UO Team is doing nothing more than all the other UO Teams did because EA got the cash. If Mesanna were to enforce the ToS UO would close due to lack of MONEY (subs) and BS would be fired for allowing it. It is called
Of course cheating was going on when Origin still ran UO. Cheating will occur in any game that doesn't actively try to stop it. That is where every producer before Mesanna's tenure differs from her. She encourages it. "Any way you want to win..."

EA didn't care about sub loss pre-Trammel, Origin did. In EA's plan, UO wasn't supposed to survive past two years. They'd figured a year tops. Is EA greedy? Duh. They've allowed UO to continue so they could milk sentiment for the last 20 years. Though I have a bad feeling that once that 20 year milestone is reached, and BS's contract expires, we may be in for a harsh lesson in just how little EA actually cares. (I will be happy to be wrong!)

Re: RMT. Assuming EA "allowed" Ebay sales assumes EA knew/cared. Garriott wasn't against it, nor is he now...but then he's turned into a greedy 'lil bastage...but I digress. Back before Ebay booted digital sales, the entire market was an unknown. Who'd have thought people would clamor to buy goods that weren't in any way tangible? Later teams, after EA moved UO to Redwood, took a different tack on RMT and made it a no-no. Draconi's team actively tried to fight against it with house deletions and such, with varying degrees of success. But at least they did it visibly...

Since SA, the teams have only paid lip service to stopping cheating. Calvin had his mythical, smoke and mirrors spreadsheet, the Punk Buster debacle and weird "Wild, Wild, West" delusions. Skalski claimed to have some "plan," but he wandered off shortly after his brain-dead idea for a cheater's only shard. Mesanna just plays dumb - claiming to not know the difference between multiclienting and multiboxing, amongst other fairly obvious cheat-related things.

Is money the reason Mesanna gives cheaters free reign? Most certainly. I'm sure she doesn't want to be remembered as the person who killed UO...even though she surely will be as she slowly runs it into the ground with buggy, rushed publishes, empty promises*, rampant cheating and her idiocy with EM item distribution. (*High res graphics, new account management system, new NPE, Steam, nearly every promise relating to the governor system, knighting all the Virtues, lack of even cursory advertising, lack of even a little buzz about the 20th six month before it happens, etc.)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Of course cheating was going on when Origin still ran UO. Cheating will occur in any game that doesn't actively try to stop it. That is where every producer before Mesanna's tenure differs from her. She encourages it. "Any way you want to win..."

EA didn't care about sub loss pre-Trammel, Origin did. In EA's plan, UO wasn't supposed to survive past two years. They'd figured a year tops. Is EA greedy? Duh. They've allowed UO to continue so they could milk sentiment for the last 20 years. Though I have a bad feeling that once that 20 year milestone is reached, and BS's contract expires, we may be in for a harsh lesson in just how little EA actually cares. (I will be happy to be wrong!)

Re: RMT. Assuming EA "allowed" Ebay sales assumes EA knew/cared. Garriott wasn't against it, nor is he now...but then he's turned into a greedy 'lil bastage...but I digress. Back before Ebay booted digital sales, the entire market was an unknown. Who'd have thought people would clamor to buy goods that weren't in any way tangible? Later teams, after EA moved UO to Redwood, took a different tack on RMT and made it a no-no. Draconi's team actively tried to fight against it with house deletions and such, with varying degrees of success. But at least they did it visibly...

Since SA, the teams have only paid lip service to stopping cheating. Calvin had his mythical, smoke and mirrors spreadsheet, the Punk Buster debacle and weird "Wild, Wild, West" delusions. Skalski claimed to have some "plan," but he wandered off shortly after his brain-dead idea for a cheater's only shard. Mesanna just plays dumb - claiming to not know the difference between multiclienting and multiboxing, amongst other fairly obvious cheat-related things.

Is money the reason Mesanna gives cheaters free reign? Most certainly. I'm sure she doesn't want to be remembered as the person who killed UO...even though she surely will be as she slowly runs it into the ground with buggy, rushed publishes, empty promises*, rampant cheating and her idiocy with EM item distribution. (*High res graphics, new account management system, new NPE, Steam, nearly every promise relating to the governor system, knighting all the Virtues, lack of even cursory advertising, lack of even a little buzz about the 20th six month before it happens, etc.)
I'm really not disagreeing with you option of how the game should be run. But Mesanna's opinion trumps all. I mean we have gray servers out there that dupe UO for free. We have the buy one get 3 months free. I gotta think this is kinda low on the list if I had my wishing wand. My feeling is a couple players will probably get a 3 day ban or something with Mesanna's new 5 second rule statement. A big hoopla will be made of it and that will be about it.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
theres also a very good amount of games where its not present at all. if anything, its an indicator of the games health.

even broadswords main game, Dark Age of Camelot keeps its game clean.
Dark Age of Camelot is coming down hard on cheating
In the other mmorpgs i play, ive never once seen a multiboxer. and Gms are quick to respond and ban obvious cheats.

We all know UO is on its last stages, and when games get to that point yes its obvious when standards are low, but you cant say that as a blanket statement for all games. Healthy games do not have issues with this.

If nothing else, it may be a hint by @Mesanna that anything goes for the last few months of the games life.
Please list your games that it is not present in and I will gladly retort with a plethora of cheating/RMT related information garnered from my vast google-fu.

The statement is flat wrong.

Here is some info for your DAOC Reference:
Something needs to be done !!!
Came back just to quit again major daoc issue that needs fix - Page 2

/edit: Here is one in direct response to the producers letter...nothing has changed:
Broadsword, please update us regarding your ongoing battle against radar

And if you look through the postcount.net forums (the main DAOC forums) you will see they are suffering the exact same things we are:
-Multi-box/Botters
-RMT
-Dev team breaking thigns with each patch, not fixing old bugs
-Less and less people playing the game.

Hmmm....I see your producer's letter, but the people say otherwise. Sounds a lot like what we see around here!

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ghosts? My god, man, people still play that one?

Personally I would play it over any of the full on futuristic ones but I don't own it on a current gen console.
Lol, yeah believe it or not. They also still play on modern warfare!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can at least answer one of the questions

Cooking outside the house: If it just requires fire, not an oven, you can ALREADY cook outside the house using the Heating Stand.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Used to cook outside (fishsteaks, ribs, etc) on firefields and lit kindling. But of course that kind of powergaming hacking free for all play had to be stopped!!!
And we didnt even have to have a skillet!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Used to cook outside (fishsteaks, ribs, etc) on firefields and lit kindling. But of course that kind of powergaming hacking free for all play had to be stopped!!!
And we didnt even have to have a skillet!
Ah, the good 'ole days when cooking one rib at a time was the norm...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I can at least answer one of the questions

Cooking outside the house: If it just requires fire, not an oven, you can ALREADY cook outside the house using the Heating Stand.
I do use a heating stand very often lol Didn't know we could use them outside. Honestly I don't have much call for it

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Please list your games that it is not present in and I will gladly retort with a plethora of cheating/RMT related information garnered from my vast google-fu.

The statement is flat wrong.

Here is some info for your DAOC Reference:
Something needs to be done !!!
Came back just to quit again major daoc issue that needs fix - Page 2

/edit: Here is one in direct response to the producers letter...nothing has changed:
Broadsword, please update us regarding your ongoing battle against radar

And if you look through the postcount.net forums (the main DAOC forums) you will see they are suffering the exact same things we are:
-Multi-box/Botters
-RMT
-Dev team breaking thigns with each patch, not fixing old bugs
-Less and less people playing the game.

Hmmm....I see your producer's letter, but the people say otherwise. Sounds a lot like what we see around here!
Of course you're going to find cheating in every game, what's different and what I believe is @Smoot's point is most games at least show some effort to combat it, not encourage it through totally ambivalent and ambiguous statements when these activities are questioned.