Dear devs: Feeling helpless about BLATANT SCRIPTERS!!!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
Again, I found lots of books advertising an illegal site which sells UO items for real money, which had been lain out all round Luna. (Around 4am EST on Catskills.)

I've been collecting them, and noticed that they always are lain out at the exact same spot. While picking up the books, I actually saw a scripted character (young) making the round in Luna several times, putting down books wherever none was laying, at exactly those spots.

I followed him, picking up the books as he laid them down. I called a GM and reported the incident. However, no GM showed up. I gave up after an hour and destroyed the 65 books. As the young scripter was finished, he went upstairs by the Luna bank, and then he actually noticed me. I told him that he was reported. He replied: "You suck? :)"

Please do something about it! These individuals are destroying the game and its economy! Do not allow tiral accounts to carry items! Whatever comes to your mind, but do something!

This has been going on for far too long! You can create fantastic new game features, updates, expansions, but this all will go down the drain when the game is destroyed by cheaters and scripters at the same time!

Thanks for hearing me! I still have hope.

A

Arch Magus

I suggest forgetting about these losers and doing something better with your time.

If you want to police UO, apply to be a GM or work for UO.

I pay to play this game, not to do GM's work for them or try to stop people from cheating and getting ahead of me in the game world.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
I agree with Magus on this one. Don't bother wasting your time on these people.

Unless they are directly affecting and making your time playing this game horrible, let it be and go about your business. I think a lot of shards have people dropping books with websites in them. In fact, I've seen this going on since even before the mass banning and whole website controversy trash was going on.

Best you can truly do is keep trashing the books if you really feel like you need to do something.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 7, 2003
dont destroy the books, you cna turn them into teh library for collection points adn get free stuff on their dimes

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 31, 2005
parts unknown
LOL....you suck....I loved it!!!! Good job on chapping his backside!!

I seen these books too, and I also see alot of players ignoring them too....it's like the person bleeding in the street, no one wants to get involved(or so it seems).....I pick em up too, what can happen??

The GM's? .......at this stage, they come across as not givin a damn.:sleep2:

wake em up.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl

I seen these books too, and I also see alot of players ignoring them too....it's like the person bleeding in the street, no one wants to get involved(or so it seems).....I pick em up too, what can happen??

wake em up.
Meh...wasted time if you ask me. Since EA offered its stance on gold selling sites people have been oogling the hell out of them. The wheel of BS keeps a turning.

I remember back when people used to complain about not being able to search vendors like they can with the offending site. I also remember similar people complaining about the price of gold, followed by complaints of those whom lowered it. This was in turn followed by complaints about scripters gold farming, which was followed by complaints about bags of sending being nerfed. Are we so descensitized to calling wolf now that we page on those whom are only there due to complaints in the first place? (heck...guy has gold for sale AND can help you find anything else you are looking for? yep...what a jerk that person is for advertising thier site. *rolls eyes*)

@the OP...I understand your frustration but I think you are focusing it in the wrong direction. Yes, what the guy is doiing is illegal, but wasnt his activity the result of EA ignoring suggestions and complaints (for 9 years) like yours in the first place?

I think of things like this as one of the necessary evils of UO...one of those things that exist to help keep the system of checks and balances. Without this service we would be back to a less competitive and more expensive market in luna, and the items people dont have the time or gold to spend on would be even more difficult to get.

So again...I ask what is the point of the complaint? Do people really wish things to be more expensive again? Are people really against others being able to attain items they want by paying cash for them? Ugh...vote for Bush too?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl

wake em up.
The books are spam...like junk mail in real life.

Please explain to me the similarities between ignoring junk mail and ignoring a person bleeding in the street...I seem to be unable to grasp any similarity...seriously!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Both get done on a daily basis by the same sort of people.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 14, 2006
Byron Bay, NSW
au.youtube.com
I suggest forgetting about these losers and doing something better with your time.
+1 that's valid point.
+2 Page (if you feel you need to) and move on. Do NOT waste your time waiting for a GM, or expecting anything to happen. Seriously, for something like this, its not game breaking so meh... if someone wants to buy something in game for RL cash then who really gives a toss? Policing things like this is basically a waste of time for the vigilante players who believe it is their job to say what others should do in game (rather than actually having fun playing the game). Its also a waste of time for the GMs who need to spend what little time they devote to UO to deal with far more game breaking issues (real hacking, harassment etc).

*is getting sick of people endlessly complaining about everything and anything*

Thats U.hall for ya I guess :/

D

D'Amavir

Again, I found lots of books advertising an illegal site which sells UO items for real money, which had been lain out all round Luna. (Around 4am EST on Catskills.)

I've been collecting them, and noticed that they always are lain out at the exact same spot. While picking up the books, I actually saw a scripted character (young) making the round in Luna several times, putting down books wherever none was laying, at exactly those spots.

I followed him, picking up the books as he laid them down. I called a GM and reported the incident. However, no GM showed up. I gave up after an hour and destroyed the 65 books. As the young scripter was finished, he went upstairs by the Luna bank, and then he actually noticed me. I told him that he was reported. He replied: "You suck? :)"

Please do something about it! These individuals are destroying the game and its economy! Do not allow tiral accounts to carry items! Whatever comes to your mind, but do something!

This has been going on for far too long! You can create fantastic new game features, updates, expansions, but this all will go down the drain when the game is destroyed by cheaters and scripters at the same time!

This is another example of people shouting 'scripter' instead of complaining about the real problem. Scripters don't ruin the economy. People selling items for real life money destroys the economy. I seriously doubt that there would be nearly as many scripters in UO if EA didn't condone the selling of items for real money. If EA really was concerned about the economy of UO, they would reconsider their views on that issue. Dropping books using a script or manually has the exact same end result. Its not a scripting issue there either, its an 'advertising sites in game that offer real money sales' issue. Again, EA allows in game items to sold for real money. That is the part that destroys the economy.

If this 'scripter' was walking around luna dropping books advertising his site he would have had the same impact as doing so with a script. I get that people get enjoyment from policing other players in games they play, but all paging on everyone around you does is clogs up the GM queue taking time away from GM's trying to focus on real problems.

This post isn't meant to sound insulting because you should know by now that I have a certain amount of respect for you and what you do for the game itself. Its just that lately there have been more and more 'scripters do blah blah blah' posts when, in actuality, scripting isn't the real issue. If this person was walking around Luna using a script to advertise an in game rp event, would you have wasted your time following him around and picking up his books and then reporting him? Probably not.

D

D'Amavir

+2 Page (if you feel you need to) and move on. Do NOT waste your time waiting for a GM, or expecting anything to happen. Seriously, for something like this, its not game breaking so meh... if someone wants to buy something in game for RL cash then who really gives a toss? Policing things like this is basically a waste of time for the vigilante players who believe it is their job to say what others should do in game (rather than actually having fun playing the game). Its also a waste of time for the GMs who need to spend what little time they devote to UO to deal with far more game breaking issues (real hacking, harassment etc).

*is getting sick of people endlessly complaining about everything and anything*

Thats U.hall for ya I guess :/
Frankly, I have to agree with you. I guess the game really is losing its appeal when so many people spend much of their game time hunting down people doing things they don't agree with and trying to get them in trouble. There is a reason that vigilante justice is frowned upon in most enlightened societies.

Of course, that is not to say that you should sit back and watch someone bleed on the street. That's just ridiculous to even attempt to use as a comparison to this sort of thing. If you happen upon someone really doing something they shouldn't be (duping and speedhacking come to mind of course) then by all means report them. Quickly. But, spending all your time following someone you think is walking in a pattern, timing spam messages from trash barrels or trying to get someone to talk just so that they can prove to you that they are there or else you will report them is just silly. The GM queues just get clogged up with junk pages and those doing things that really are major are able to take advantage of those distractions.

P

pavel.vesely

Only way to figth sites/people who sell UO gold and items for hard cash is not to buy anything from them.

If you help your friends and/or new players to get these items or sometimes just tell them how and where to get them in game, you work against them.

P

PixelPusher

Meh...wasted time if you ask me. Since EA offered its stance on gold selling sites people have been oogling the hell out of them. The wheel of BS keeps a turning.

I remember back when people used to complain about not being able to search vendors like they can with the offending site. I also remember similar people complaining about the price of gold, followed by complaints of those whom lowered it. This was in turn followed by complaints about scripters gold farming, which was followed by complaints about bags of sending being nerfed. Are we so descensitized to calling wolf now that we page on those whom are only there due to complaints in the first place? (heck...guy has gold for sale AND can help you find anything else you are looking for? yep...what a jerk that person is for advertising thier site. *rolls eyes*)

@the OP...I understand your frustration but I think you are focusing it in the wrong direction. Yes, what the guy is doiing is illegal, but wasnt his activity the result of EA ignoring suggestions and complaints (for 9 years) like yours in the first place?

I think of things like this as one of the necessary evils of UO...one of those things that exist to help keep the system of checks and balances. Without this service we would be back to a less competitive and more expensive market in luna, and the items people dont have the time or gold to spend on would be even more difficult to get.

So again...I ask what is the point of the complaint? Do people really wish things to be more expensive again? Are people really against others being able to attain items they want by paying cash for them? Ugh...vote for Bush too?
:scholar:

I rate this reply a :ten:

G

Gwendar-SP

The way things have been going you might get banned for posession

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 14, 2008
Not here any more

After a GM told me it wouldn't be good to get caught with a bag of those books do what I do, erase enough words/letters that no one can tell what the website is or what they are hawking and leave them in the same spot.

Don't pick them up at all cause the stupid script that is dropping them can't tell what the books say, so next time it makes a pass to drop more it won't drop any new ones because it sees the old ones are already in place.

Once the old ones decay and the script makes a pass to drop new ones you will have to erase the new ones again.

If any one feels they can't play UO without buying items or gold let them Google for websites that sell UO gold. (Not against the rules of UO)

:}

L

Lily

After a GM told me it wouldn't be good to get caught with a bag of those books do what I do, erase enough words/letters that no one can tell what the website is or what they are hawking and leave them in the same spot.

Don't pick them up at all cause the stupid script that is dropping them can't tell what the books say, so next time it makes a pass to drop more it won't drop any new ones because it sees the old ones are already in place.

Once the old ones decay and the script makes a pass to drop new ones you will have to erase the new ones again.

If any one feels they can't play UO without buying items or gold let them Google for websites that sell UO gold. (Not against the rules of UO)

:}

I find it amazing that you enjoy playing UO with all of the in-game policing you do. Perhaps a career in law enforcement is something you should look into. Then when you get done with your day of ACTUALLY doing something useful for society, you could put that aside and enjoy playing UO

Lily

L

Lord Kynd

I pay to play this game, not to do GM's work for them or try to stop people from cheating and getting ahead of me in the game world.

no kidding
i've got better things to do playing legit than to worry what someone else might be doing.
they are just ruining what fun they could get from the game.

i wonder how that persons books hurt your gameplay ? did you trip on them and die or something ? come on .. books geez how low will people go nowadays ?

L

Lord Kynd

thank god Bush will be gone soon..

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 2, 2003

This happens on Great Lakes and other shards as well. The books are dropped at each intersection in Luna and periodically along the road and on both paths to the bank and 4 corners around the bank.

We all see it. We all know it. If a dev or GM actually played the game - they'd notice too.

UO is a scripters paradise!

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 5, 2006
Bangor, Me

wake em up.
Players ignoring them. This is just as bad in real life. People think if they ignore the bad things then they don't exist etc etc etc. I'm sick of it. Some people say I'm a negative person. That is quite the opposite. It's called living in Reality. Some of you should try it someday. Now I know some of you will say well this isn't real life this is a game. True there. But how you act in game shows how you act in real life. Deny it all you want. I would bet millions of dollars that I don't have that if your a jerk in game then your a jerk in real life.

U

UOKaiser

Ok lets get down to it for real. Do you know why they can't do more than what they do? Lets assume they found a way to stop all UM,Scripting,Duping,Exploiting. Even if youre using uoassit and for some reason you turn youre head while pressing a macro and they are able to catch anybody doing that which of course if youre not looking at youre screen at all times while doing a action it will be considered Um and somehow they can detect that to. Now picture all this how many players will be left playing and paying 14 dollars a month for a already low subscription game they can get for free in freeshards? Really how many people will be left? I believe they will have to close all shards but 1 and place all the players there and you still be going around wondering where everyone is at.
This is one of the main reasons why things are done the way there done in game by devs and gms. Another one of them is if gms or dev do play the game for fun I guarantee you they are not doing anything by hand. Whose gonna touch them? Hell who knows maybe there making money on the side, there human beings after all with jobs,family,long hours, and bills.
This is of course just a opinion.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Yes, of course if we see rules being broken, the best solution is to ignore them... That is, after all, what scripters and their friends would like. They want players to really think of their websites if they need some gold. They want to be free to go about their activities farming gold, without a GM inconveniencing them by asking them to respond. They don't hurt anyone, they have no ill effect on UO or its economy and they certainly don't make the game look like a cheater's paradise. Course not... Look! a pink flying elephant in a kilt... Sheesh, wake up!

Yep, if we ignore those bots, they'll go away. Or maybe the honest players will think "this is nuts" and quit.

It takes a matter of seconds for a player to page a GM on a character and move on. You have nothing to lose with it, and it's entirely up to the individual if they want to spend time reporting players. It is nobody else's business but the player's when it comes to how they spend their time.

The "leave scripters alone" attitude makes me wish our accounts were linked to our forum account, so EA could check out said players in more detail. Because there is no good reason for supporting a cheat or telling a player not to report them. None. If you guys think the OP and their like are looking bad on Uhall, look closer at yourselves first.

Wenchy

A

Arch Magus

Yes, of course if we see rules being broken, the best solution is to ignore them... That is, after all, what scripters and their friends would like. They want players to really think of their websites if they need some gold. They want to be free to go about their activities farming gold, without a GM inconveniencing them by asking them to respond. They don't hurt anyone, they have no ill effect on UO or its economy and they certainly don't make the game look like a cheater's paradise. Course not... Look! a pink flying elephant in a kilt... Sheesh, wake up!

Yep, if we ignore those bots, they'll go away. Or maybe the honest players will think "this is nuts" and quit.

It takes a matter of seconds for a player to page a GM on a character and move on. You have nothing to lose with it, and it's entirely up to the individual if they want to spend time reporting players. It is nobody else's business but the player's when it comes to how they spend their time.

The "leave scripters alone" attitude makes me wish our accounts were linked to our forum account, so EA could check out said players in more detail. Because there is no good reason for supporting a cheat or telling a player not to report them. None. If you guys think the OP and their like are looking bad on Uhall, look closer at yourselves first.

Wenchy
Thank you very much for that. You can come down from your soap box now.

How many people actually take the time to pick up books anyway?
I would bet not many.

If anyone wants to buy gold, i'm sure they know how to use the search function on this thing called Google. You may have heard of it.:D

S

Splup

To be honest I would be pissed if they removed websites that offer you to search vendors. It's freaking pain in the ass trying to look through all the vendors for some spesific armor piece etc. Now I can just type the mods to this webpage and it shows me which vendors carry stuff I need. I love it.

Yes, EA should offer this for us, but they don't so I use the illegal one.

S

Splup

Wenchy
How do I get those seconds of my life back?

I mean cause that paging has 0 effect. If it really affected damn yea I would page. Now it takes GM 3 hours to come (if he comes) and then he either bans a trial account (and the guy makes new one tomorrow) or then he gives 24h ban for macroing, and guy is back in business tomorrow.

D

D'Amavir

It is nobody else's business but the player's when it comes to how they spend their time.
Wenchy
EXACTLY! Mind your own business and play the game to have fun. Its not your business what someone else does. If a player wants to spend all of their time dropping books, that's their business. Good point.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Thank you very much for that. You can come down from your soap box now.

How many people actually take the time to pick up books anyway?
I would bet not many.

If anyone wants to buy gold, i'm sure they know how to use the search function on this thing called Google. You may have heard of it.:D
People respond to spam emails and mailshots every day, what makes you think someone isn't daft enough to respond to a book, even out of curiosity? I doubt they'd get dropped if players weren't responding... We'd all like to think that players won't fall for such things, or that they won't support cheating/scripting, but clearly they do. Otherwise said leeches wouldn't still be botting their way around UO.

And do you know for certain that all those sites do is sell gold? I personally wouldn't want anyone visiting them, just in case.

Wenchy

D

D'Amavir

Yes, EA should offer this for us, but they don't so I use the illegal one.
I agree. That statement can be made about a lot of things that players use to make up for the flaws that EA tries to force on people. And as long as they have enough sheeple on places like this supporting those flaws, they have no incentive to do better.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
How do I get those seconds of my life back?

I mean cause that paging has 0 effect. If it really affected damn yea I would page. Now it takes GM 3 hours to come (if he comes) and then he either bans a trial account (and the guy makes new one tomorrow) or then he gives 24h ban for macroing, and guy is back in business tomorrow.
Report him quickly and just go about your game. Or if you value your time, write once to the feedback system and tell them what you think about cheating. At least you've done your part, then it's in EA's hands to do theirs. But if nobody pages, it certainly won't improve.

Wenchy

S

Sheridan

But how you act in game shows how you act in real life. Deny it all you want. I would bet millions of dollars that I don't have that if your a jerk in game then your a jerk in real life.
:coco: Uh. What? I love blanket statements like this that just radiate pure ignorance. Being a jerk in game keeps me from being a jerk in real life, bub... It's the way I wind down from a rough day and who are you to judge me for how I spend my time in game? Thieving, looting, killing is all a viable part of the game and to assume that a player's choice in skills and gameplay somehow correlates to their real life character is absolutely ludicrous.

If anything, it's been my experience that the it's the jerks on message forums you should keep an eye out for.

D

D'Amavir

:coco: Uh. What? I love blanket statements like this that just radiate pure ignorance. Being a jerk in game keeps me from being a jerk in real life, bub... It's the way I wind down from a rough day and who are you to judge me for how I spend my time in game? Thieving, looting, killing is all a viable part of the game and to assume that a player's choice in skills and gameplay somehow correlates to their real life character is absolutely ludicrous.

If anything, it's been my experience that the it's the jerks on message forums you should keep an eye out for.
I agree and disagree. Most of the board warriors (that I have met at least) that act like pure you know what holes in forums cower when face to face with the people they talk so much smack to online. The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in a lot of people. It gives some a false sense of 'power' that crumbles when they encounter their targets in real life.

K

kurama

I have a question: I have been trying to mine in the big caves in Malas, and I have come across 4 people that look very much like scripters. They seem to have been there for days at all times of day and night (admittedly this is on the weekend, and because I'm not there all the time I can only judge by the fact that they are there every time I go to check, regardless of time) They all mine the same way, teleporting to spots (never walking, never moving out of pattern) They seem to be going by a repetitive pattern and they never speak. My understanding is that this is all red flags for scripters, but after reading the thread I guess it could maybe just be 4 very antisocial very patient people who never go out on the weekends. My question is, what would someone else do? Do you ignore it, despite the fact that it's like a slap in the face to see it while I'm trying to mine my piddling little number of ingots the hard way, or do you report it? After reading what other people have had to say I'm almost afraid to even try to report this, but it's getting very annoying- it's interfering with my own mining (and like I said, it's kind of like a slap in the face).

R

RoycroftLS

My question is, what would someone else do? Do you ignore it, despite the fact that it's like a slap in the face to see it while I'm trying to mine my piddling little number of ingots the hard way, or do you report it? After reading what other people have had to say I'm almost afraid to even try to report this, but it's getting very annoying- it's interfering with my own mining (and like I said, it's kind of like a slap in the face).
You're a paying customer. If you see something that is disrupting the service that you are paying for, you have every right to lodge a complaint. Don't let the indignation and intimidation of some of the posters here convince you otherwise.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Germany

About two months ago I saw the same thing happen in Luna. Someone placed many many books all around Luna advertising a site with items for sale.
First I trashed the books just to see them back 15 minutes later.
Then I sent a report to the GMs and they removed the books. After 30 minutes the books were back again and again I reported it and again the GMs removed them.
I tried to find out who placed the books, but it was a stealther so I could not see the character.
It seems they can't do much against them but trashing the books.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
About two months ago I saw the same thing happen in Luna. Someone placed many many books all around Luna advertising a site with items for sale.
First I trashed the books just to see them back 15 minutes later.
Then I sent a report to the GMs and they removed the books. After 30 minutes the books were back again and again I reported it and again the GMs removed them.
I tried to find out who placed the books, but it was a stealther so I could not see the character.
It seems they can't do much against them but trashing the books.
Wow, that must have been a once in many blue moons kind of luck for this type of request, and twice.

But the problem with actually catching the person who drops the books, not to mention they stealth around, is that they would have to catch them in the act. Just having the books on your character isn't enough being that you could simply be looting them to trash them, etc.

O

Ozymandies

Just make books decay in 2 minutes rather than 2 hours, like the old newbie items.

OZ

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Germany
Wow, that must have been a once in many blue moons kind of luck for this type of request, and twice.

But the problem with actually catching the person who drops the books, not to mention they stealth around, is that they would have to catch them in the act. Just having the books on your character isn't enough being that you could simply be looting them to trash them, etc.
They just have to remove the books and wait 15-30 minutes for the person to come back to place new books. Then they just have to look who is it, credit card, name, ..... and look for the other chars of that person. I bet they will find out that those people do some more illegal stuff beside just placing books.
or is it possible to open fake accounts without giving the number of the credit card ? Is it possible to open accounts with really fake infos ? I hope not !

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
Just make books decay in 2 minutes rather than 2 hours, like the old newbie items.
Trouble is that there are a few legitimate reasons to book-spam: a lot of player-run events on sparsely populated shards announce themselves this way.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
PA
There's just no reason try to police the game. If people concentrated more on having fun instead of everything that's wrong with it, they would definitely enjoy the game more and would get somewhere in it.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl

OR those who are jerks both in game and on the forums. *smirks*

the person you replied to did have a good point to a certain extent. if you know anything about psychology perhaps you understand, but if you do not I can see where you come from as well.

no offense sheriden.. if you wish to act like an ass in the game, feel free..but
if you wish to BE an ass in game then I might just have an issue. All of us pay for the game, and all of us deserve the same respect in game that you ask from us on the boards.

If thats acceptable to you great...if not then I offer you the chance to view a pristine middle finger...complete with authentic battledamage. Not mine of course...but one of extreme historical significance.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl
I have seen LLTS lay damned books down for the last 6 years. What makes them so special as to make thier books legal? After all, is LLTS not a marketable entity? Do they not make money off literature based on thier involvement in UO?

@ the OP. If you are really going to take the time to complain about a site that only exists to help save you time...perhaps also complain about sites run by guilds like LLTS as well...since they do indeed treat the game like a business and make money off exploiting it.

R

RoycroftLS

Trouble is that there are a few legitimate reasons to book-spam: a lot of player-run events on sparsely populated shards announce themselves this way.
What about making books that have been sealed through the use of red leaves last the normal decay time, otherwise they decay like a newbie item?

U

UOKaiser

I have a question: I have been trying to mine in the big caves in Malas, and I have come across 4 people that look very much like scripters. They seem to have been there for days at all times of day and night (admittedly this is on the weekend, and because I'm not there all the time I can only judge by the fact that they are there every time I go to check, regardless of time) They all mine the same way, teleporting to spots (never walking, never moving out of pattern) They seem to be going by a repetitive pattern and they never speak. My understanding is that this is all red flags for scripters, but after reading the thread I guess it could maybe just be 4 very antisocial very patient people who never go out on the weekends. My question is, what would someone else do? Do you ignore it, despite the fact that it's like a slap in the face to see it while I'm trying to mine my piddling little number of ingots the hard way, or do you report it? After reading what other people have had to say I'm almost afraid to even try to report this, but it's getting very annoying- it's interfering with my own mining (and like I said, it's kind of like a slap in the face).
I dont know what to tell you. maybe they were scripting maybe have alot of time in there hands. Though you cant tell by patterns. I sugest you try it as well if all you doing is walking mining which when I used to do that it was a pain. Do you have uoassist or use kr?. If you have uo assist mark all the great vein spots and record macros to recall to these spots and mine. I dont suggest walking that just takes too much time. Just yesturday I had a guy curse the hell out of me I had to stop and acknowledge that am right here. He said sorry and part ways. Another one a few weeks ago accused me I stop and acknokledge him as well he didnt believe me oh well. Though all I know if am in a cave with another thats just draagiing and walking around i press my little macro i mine in foront of him then press my other macro am behind him which will probably be annoying to him as he cant get to the ore before me but I try not to though am very protective of my high ore yielding spots :)

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 5, 2006
Bangor, Me
But how you act in game shows how you act in real life. Deny it all you want. I would bet millions of dollars that I don't have that if your a jerk in game then your a jerk in real life.

Ok its very simple really. Yes alot of people including myself play this game to get away from rl and what not. However. Your brain is the same whether its at work, out in public, or in game. Now the only exception would be a person that has multiple personalities and I doubt someone with that kind of mental problem would be playing an online game. Since they are either in a mental hospital or some serial killer who has more important things to do, like plan their next kill and thinking about where to dispose of the body.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Ok its very simple really. Yes alot of people including myself play this game to get away from rl and what not. However. Your brain is the same whether its at work, out in public, or in game. Now the only exception would be a person that has multiple personalities and I doubt someone with that kind of mental problem would be playing an online game. Since they are either in a mental hospital or some serial killer who has more important things to do, like plan their next kill and thinking about where to dispose of the body.
A game where interacting through text and pixels is exactly the same as interacting face-to-face in real life. Therefore you act the same in every environment. *rolls eyes*

Whatever floats your boat pal. But it is a load of bs.
While that may be true for some, it is not for all.
Some peoples personalities thrive in certain environments where others do not. Tis based on their personalities, such as introverted, extroverted, etc. Someone who is introverted, for example, might be perceived as someone that it outgoing in a place like a forum or an online game such as this. Just as easily someone who is extroverted might act the same in a forum or an internet game. Just because someone acts differently in one place than another doesn't mean they are mentally ill, sheesh... I wont even go on anymore on how stupid that statement is.

Status
Not open for further replies.