• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cure Rewards

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just go to the Mysterous Healer and Click on Him:​
Then Click the Deed:​
Very Pleased With the results. :)

Last edited:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried on catskills and I get the message "youve got all the documentation you need. Return and hand me the cure when you have finished preparing it."

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh so it will happen at server up then. I still have 5.5 hrs then :(

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those gloves are going to be so super rare. Or the arms. Meh, I forget what they are now, lol.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I got it wrong, I seem to understand that you got up to tier 2 of the rewards (the Asclepius staff).

May I ask what shard you play and moreless how many cures you turned in ? It would be interesting also to know what was the highest number of cures turned in on your shard to try to understand whether all the time that you spent in the effort to make and turn in your cures was in the end downgraded and made less effective towards getting rewards because someone else turned in a very large amount of cures on your shard as compared to the number of cures you were able to turn in.....

I really hope this is the very last time we see rewards handed out this way since not all players can spend the same time in the game and to have in some Events casual players be forced to compete against powergamers while the subscription costs are all the same, I just find it not a good thing for the game as it might eventually turn some players off with UO........

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope this is the very last time we see rewards handed out this way since not all players can spend the same time in the game and to have in some Events casual players be forced to compete against powergamers while the subscription costs are all the same, I just find it not a good thing for the game as it might eventually turn some players off with UO........
:thumbup:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Aye they sure know how to make their paying customers feel like they just dont know why they bother anymore

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol about 400 cures, and only tier 3 on ATL

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I never tried it judging by the number of cures needed to get anything! :eek:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sooo.. if anyone got the arms, feel free to sell them to me ;P

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I never tried it judging by the number of cures needed to get anything! :eek:
Adol and I tried to figure out the least effort we can spend to get a reward in the last three days of the event after hearing about others who turned in hundreds of them already. My guess was 50 cures would be enough for the sash while he said 10 would be more than enough, so I tried 5 with two character and a little more than 20 with another. Those two characters which I turned in 5 cures got to Tier 1 and both have sashes and the latter one who turned in more than 20 got to Tier 2 and have both the sash and the staff. We also thought about what if there is a consolation reward if you can't get to the tier 1, so we thought about turning in a single cure with other characters as well.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I turned in only one or two on some of my characters on chessy and so far they all have got the sash and the staff

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm.... now I'm kinda sad. I didn't get them either. Turned in 343 on Lake Superior (I know doesnt seem like much but consider the shard) and got to tier 3. I turned in 8-10 on a diff char and got Tier 2.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*puts on ventilated hazmat suit*

The poo is going to fly today. I don't think Mesanna has a flame retardant suit thick enough to weather this.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmmm.... now I'm kinda sad. I didn't get them either. Turned in 343 on Lake Superior (I know doesnt seem like much but consider the shard) and got to tier 3. I turned in 8-10 on a diff char and got Tier 2.
I know for a fact, people who scripted/farmed ALOT of them, xfered them to less populated shards for better chances at the arms.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I've heard a lot of this from many shards now. Turn in 5 and get tier 2, turn in 100-500 for tier 3, 700+ for tier 4.

GL had 11 characters turn in roughly the same amount (between 150 and 200) because we wanted to make sure a large group would set the curve. We all got tier 3...

Since I KNOW nobody on GL made more than 300ish on one char (definitely not 700+, as you'd have to be there for hours a day for many days), I think it's rather apparent that the publish notes lied. There must have been "hidden" scaled thresholds for each tier...or, even worse, ONE person really COULD screw over an entire shard. WTG Mythic!

"Fun" event FAIL. :thumbdown:

S

Shakkar

I turned in on atlantic on one char about 40 got the 2nd tier prize(sash and Staff) on next char I turned in 85 got 3rd tier prize ( amulet,staff and sash) on final char I turned in 310 got 3rd tier also same as 85. To state this as a disapointment would be a understement. The numbers between these so called tiers is way miss matched. They should redistribute the prizes per tier by hand (or at least tweak the tier levels) so as to be more of a win for everyone as opposed to a total mess up like we have. And can anyone tell me why the game always gives important things out on the weekend when we all know there is noone looking at or taking responsibility for said event. Sorta reminds me of the gargoyle houses miraculously being given out on all shards pretty much on sunday morning, same thing, noone watching the important event on the management side? O Yeah! Deniability! Guess were stuck with another bitter taste in our mouths. Thanks UO.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How the hell could someone have the sanity to sit there and do 300+ cures is beyond me... I did about 30-40 on Siege and only hit Level 2.

yenliu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
starting to feel this is ridiculous! I put so much effort and turned in 3xx cures for my primary Char on Formosa. Expected they could come up with A SMART SYSTEM for distributing rewards.

Well. I will think about quitting if I dont get ONE bracers.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and may I add.. What the hell use is the staff for? Thats probably the most useless item I have seen handed out.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How the hell could someone have the sanity to sit there and do 300+ cures is beyond me... I did about 30-40 on Siege and only hit Level 2.
On europa i handed in 1423, all by hand, all done by myself and not using that reset trick.
Im happy that i got the 4 items, but i must admit it would of been nicer to know how many was needed in the start, not just 'more is better' etc :)

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I handed in a total of zero.

I'm waiting for the assassin gargoyle team to come out of nowhere and strike me down. Then I remember that not many cures were given so they're probably not very well lawl.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh boy. Sometimes it really feels sad to be right after all. As one of the cure-boycotters ("let them die!!!") I am far from feeling "schadenfreude" (malicious joy). I have compassion with you.

What should they do now? Make these gloves a token for $ 9.99, HAHAHAA!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On europa i handed in 1423, all by hand, all done by myself and not using that reset trick.
Im happy that i got the 4 items, but i must admit it would of been nicer to know how many was needed in the start, not just 'more is better' etc :)
I see them all crying now in chat that they handed in 400+ on europa and only got lvl 3 stuff. If you were not doing this from day one to the very end i guess there was little chance of getting lvl 4 stuff.

What a Poo event this was from start to finish

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa: The figures are likely to be very high. I turned in about 15 to 20 or so (I forget how much, as I wasn't really paying attention and just doing it to say I had) and I got just the Tier 1 sash, so as Nimauq mentioned he got to Tier 2 over 20, the level up point must be just below 20 somewhere for Europa.

I thought that 10 would be enough as I was assuming it was based on number of participants too, that is at the top there would likely be a small number, or even just a single winner, but at the bottom of the graph there would be a large number of winners with a small number of cures... this is because MMO programmers CANNOT RESIST EXPONENTIAL CURVES even though it's a bloody terrible idea in a genre dominated by absolute obsessives and scripters as it multiplies exponentially their already above normal dedication.

Characters that did the Cure, but didn't hand the actual cures in have received nothing. The cures with their name on seem to still be in game though, so potentially these are mementos.

As I feared, but Nimauq didn't want to believe, it was actually possible to get nothing at all even if you did hand in Cures. I don't know the figures for Europa, but I did hand in a single one on another character, and the Mysterious Healer doesn't recognise him just like characters who handed in none. I suspect, but cannot prove that the failure figure was also plotted against wider engagement, so maybe it's possible on some servers to get Tier 1 from just 1 cure?

Drew in chat has just on announced on Europa chat that she did 400, and got only to Tier 3. Someone mentioned a figure of 1400 for Tier 4, but I'm not sure if they were serious... it wouldn't surprise me though.

Edit: Ahh I see the post was confirmed here... 1423 it was then. It remains to be seen then if any more appeared, or winner took all.

Last edited:
S

soulstoner

My friend & I grew sugar cane (as soon as word was out it was needed) & vanilla in our 2 two very large homes, also opened a closed account that was holding over 150 each of sugar and vanilla from old paragon hording to get an early start. We played it steadily & consistently and assumed this play style would be rewarded with goodness. *sigh* we know what they say about assuming. The Asclepius will sit in box with the Chronicles of of the Gargoyle Queen Volumes (until I decide to 'screw it all' and chuck em). Sad to think iddah been much better off 'selling' my cures to make the playing field even more skewed to the uber rich players affording to buy em up for a mill a pop. This wasabout equally as disappointing as the gargish document event - Queen Zhah sucks & the gargoyles are still bumbling around sick and dying. Zest for game is smacked down - I did make a new game friend at the tables which was for me the best thing that came from the quest - though it was not conducive for a community building / meet players kinda thang as it's hard to chat there since ya need to stay focused on the flask and numbers. what a let down.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank god i was late to the party and didn't even try to catch up... anyways... buying the arms! 382-462-294 is icq

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
turned in 407 on catskills only got tier 3, really desapointed, I turned 1 cure on others character and they made it to tier 2 , really its so sad..........

tamereragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
turned in 407 on catskills only got tier 3, really desapointed, I turned 1 cure on others character and they made it to tier 2 , really its so sad..........
I have to say I have been playing UO since it began and I truely love this game. However after this cure event I am really starting to question this. I turned in close to 300 cures played an average of 4 hours per day turning in cures, and got s 3 tier reward. Honestly, who ever designed this event is truley out of touch with the majority of players who have lives outside of UO. I feel if you devote 4 hours a day for an event you should be eligable for the top tier. Did anyone (Mesanna) think about taking the median of all players to calculate the tier system? This would have eliminated the outliers who pushed the averages way too high for tier 4. Not very well thought out UO team.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now any more remarks to my earlier post about leaving the event drops to the RNG. Least you know you can and will get bent over so no surprise. Should of been some invasion with berserkers last level attack and the 1 in 25k chance for the prize like the moonstone jewelry drop. At least if I spent one day fighting the hoards dumb luck might have rewarded me. Oh I have some paragon sugar and vanilla for free if anyone is out. LOL. There are other event items I will never obtain for my musuem. Knew once the word was out to start growing plants this item event would not be on display. Hate to have to remove the IOU deed from the museum to make room.

Wouldn't said a peep if the berserker drops in Fel was 1 in 10k chance or 10x the berserker spawn with a true fighting chance goes on there.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RNG rulez! RNG = fair on the long run. Always. Statistics is on yar side, hehe

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking for someone who won't mind showing me the bracers so i can take a screenshot of it to place in my News Report : Rewarded

Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
J

Joey Porter

Wow, those bracers are crazy nice.

Glad to see that if you turned in a just a few you still got something but it does seem to be a large discrepancy on tier 1 and 2 and the higher tiers. Should have been more even.

Wonder how much those bracers are going to cost me.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was away on holiday at the end of June so I knew I had no chance of the bracers and didn't even try. For anyone who had rl plans for the summer it meant you were out of luck.
I did sell 90 bags of sugar at 5k a time though.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Necklace stacks with Talismans.

Deadly Poison : 20 % Success Chance.
+ 25 Alchemy Talisman : 45 % Success Chance.
+ Necklace 15 Alchemy Bonus : 60 % Success Chance.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So really will they show us the number of cures turned in for each character or only by shard, because really I want to see whos the ones that turned the most cures on my shard and how many bracers were distributed stop hiding information now ! I repeat 1 cure = tier 2 , and Billion said on Catskills 550 cures = tier 3 . WTF ???

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The range for tier 5 rewards is incredibly tiny. As Adol said on the first page, the Devs (of many games, not just UO) are foolishly in love with exponential curves - thus leading to ridiculous numbers needed to get to the top of the scale. While this might work for a continuous system, as a limited event it just plain sucks.

Many people decried this system when they read it in the publish notes. Mythic didn't listen, as usual. Another black mark on the anniversary.

Last edited: