• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CReative ways to foil scripters

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragonchilde

I'm in a dungeon farming lizardmen, and naturally, there's a scripter in here. At the moment, I'm standing in one of his many recall spots to irritate him, but what else can I do to stop him? He's irritating as ****... Recalls in, stands there, autodefends as all the lizardmen in the area attack and die, collects all the leather, and it's off to the next spot.

Now, I know there's no damn point to paging a GM, even when it's THAT freakin' obvious (to the point where if he doesn't kill the last one, he recalls off anyway), so is there anything I can do to stop him, or at least break the script? Something I can put in the way of the recall spots?

G

Gwendolynne

I'm in a dungeon farming lizardmen, and naturally, there's a scripter in here. At the moment, I'm standing in one of his many recall spots to irritate him, but what else can I do to stop him? He's irritating as ****... Recalls in, stands there, autodefends as all the lizardmen in the area attack and die, collects all the leather, and it's off to the next spot.

Now, I know there's no damn point to paging a GM, even when it's THAT freakin' obvious (to the point where if he doesn't kill the last one, he recalls off anyway), so is there anything I can do to stop him, or at least break the script? Something I can put in the way of the recall spots?

You cannot recall into a dungeon in felucca so that is an exploit. If in trammel ignore the rest of this. I would report it to a GM and also here in feedback http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php I would also make sure the word EXPLOIT was all in capital letters to get their attention.

D

Dragonchilde

Seriously? You can't recall into like Despise, or Shame? Since when?

D

Dragonchilde

*sigh*

I don't see why it should be different. There's no reason to be able to. I'll try the crates thing. It's irritating as ****, because I'm running around playing the game legitimately, and I can't for this noob.

G

Gwendolynne

*sigh*

I don't see why it should be different. There's no reason to be able to. I'll try the crates thing. It's irritating as ****, because I'm running around playing the game legitimately, and I can't for this noob.
You could still report it as an exploit if you think they are AFK. You do not have to hang around for the GM after you give all the information. Use the help option that lets you target the player - harrassment I believe. What is the worst that can happen? As long as you are not reporting too often and frivously. They are supposed to investigate the target's account. I would also report it to the feedback link also if you believe they are AFK since that is cheating and exploiting the game system.

Not much else you can do unless you have friends to help you block the recall spots. What would be even better is if you know where they recall to and block that spot - then they would be trapped in the dungeon if AFK.

D

Dragonchilde

You could still report it as an exploit if you think they are AFK. You do not have to hang around for the GM after you give all the information. Use the help option that lets you target the player - harrassment I believe. What is the worst that can happen? As long as you are not reporting too often and frivously. They are supposed to investigate the target's account. I would also report it to the feedback link also if you believe they are AFK since that is cheating and exploiting the game system.

Not much else you can do unless you have friends to help you block the recall spots. What would be even better is if you know where they recall to and block that spot - then they would be trapped in the dungeon if AFK.
Oh, he's definitely unattended. I've blocked all but one of his spots with crates. He'll stand there and cast divine journey over and over again.

I'll bet he's recalling out to a house, where he dumps them off.

G

Gwendolynne

Oh, he's definitely unattended. I've blocked all but one of his spots with crates. He'll stand there and cast divine journey over and over again.

I'll bet he's recalling out to a house, where he dumps them off.
I would not hesitate to report him to the GM and feedback then. I don't go looking for AFK or scriptors but I do report them if it is obvious. They usually disappear for at least a week. If they come back I report them again but not twice in the same day unless they are doing something different than the first report that is also against the game design.

Good luck.

D

Dragonchilde

*sigh*

I'm still #6 in the queue, but he's stopped coming by.

Either he noticed, or they caught him. As long as this is taking, I doubt they caught him.

G

Gwendolynne

*sigh*

I'm still #6 in the queue, but he's stopped coming by.

Either he noticed, or they caught him. As long as this is taking, I doubt they caught him.
They might have gotten him. Most times I don't hear anything back from the GM in game. I get an email telling me thanks for the report, we will look into it, we cannot tell you our decision - that kind of thing. I have not actually seen a GM in game for about 8 months. Last time they showed up to test a boat that I could not dock - after the GM attempted a few times including sailing to other spots etc. he deleted the boat and gave me a replacement. They only seem to actually appear for personal assistance when needed. For reports against others you probably won't hear from them or see them in game. Then again it depends on the GM so who knows.

D

Dragonchilde

Aha! A couple minutes after the last post, I got the usual "we'll investigate.."

So maybe they took care of him first, in case they had questions for me.

either way, he's gone, I'm happy. Off to collect my crates for next time.

G

Gwendolynne

P.S. Also, from my experience, the feedback link gets better attention than the in game GM.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
ooo I like the miners that unattend. I throw about 20 ore on the ground and some of them pick it up and then they cant recall at all. I just point and laugh and I gate my friends in to see them. Then if I feel really mean I get my pack of Frenzied ostards together from some munch munch time. Which once they die about 5hours later there ghost will move but I wont get a murder count

:sleep2: What they are doing while they mine

:yell: They come back and notice they are dead and scream

:gun: Then I "Take 'em Out"

:twak: Hit em a few more times

:beer: Then go and celebrate at the local tavern.

D

Dragonchilde

Well, I've bookmarked that link for later. Like I said, I don't actively hunt scripters, but if I see them... I'm damn sure not going to stand by and do nothing, if there's something I can do about it.

And I'm saving those crates for later. ;)

The good news is, I stayed farming leather longer than I usually would have, monitoring him... now I have 5k spined for my efforts.

If this had been fel... I've have happily killed him, and worn the count proudly. He had some NICE stuff on him. But alas, it was tram.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've barreled the entranceto the Library and watched a few stop at the door and do nothing. Removed the barrels till a GM showed up put in place and proved the scripting. In Tram blocking someones path with items or recall spot is griefing. What GM told me. Yes it is amazing how a player can use in game mechanics to prove they are scripting. Given a new GM that came in game and used their powers to let say remove their Skinning tool from the pack or following them to there house and blocking their spot, remove the container they are using there. Observing how they toil on even though they are not getting what they intended. Then that little light could brighten and actions taken. Word of mouth would get around and load of the BS would stop.

And if they are worring about their dollar they can come out with better punishment then banning. Fence they offenders house in and make it a blocked area. No entrance and anyone logging on inside is booted out. This could go on for a month or four. Hell the character can be placed in stocks in a safe low travel area within a guard zone about them in fel & tram. They are stuck there for long duration and everytime they log in that character would be there for all to see. Like a murder count they have to fill a logged in duration time to be released and will need to speak so often so they don't auto log.

Think things are bad now wait till Imbueding is release.

R

rwek

Are all of the above posters part of the 2% of the game that don't script?

I do feel its OK to report if someone is hindering game play by scripting. Which this guy clearly is by killing monsters in a dungeon you wanted while he is afk.

I have never reported on anyone though. The more paying customers the more events/patches etc. the game will offer.

ps: Harrasement is a violation of the Terms of Service. If this afk scripter had come back from keyboard to see you put a crate on his rune spot. He could report you for harrasment.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If this afk scripter had come back from keyboard to see you put a crate on his rune spot. He could report you for harrasment.

"His"... :D

So I guess we can never put anything on the ground anymore cuz it just might be "someones" spot?

D

Dragonchilde

Hey, he could totally have asked me to move them. I mean... I stood there staring at him on his last recall spot.

Not like he couldn't get into the dungeon, after all. Just couldn't recall around easily. And when he stopped showing up in the one spot I left... I moved 'em.

Looks like the GMs disgreed with you this time... I even mentioned that I blocked the recall spots IN my report.

Why, yes. I have this really old-fashioned notion that if you want to play a game... you ought to you know... play the game.I don't give two fat damns whether or not you stand in your house and script stealth. I've sat there with a hammer on my hide macro. But seriously... farming any kind of resource is 100% inexcusable. This is an anti-virtue dungeon, too. So not only was he farming leather, he was farming artifacts too.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt it against the forum ToS to post of exploits used to harrass or grief other players? Mods...get off your butts and pay attention maybe???

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the GMs disgreed with you this time... I even mentioned that I blocked the recall spots IN my report.

Was not my statement. Was what the GM told me if I kept it up. Not the first time GM threatened my accounts for pointing out they were as usefull as bulls nuts on a field mouse. And yes I'm part of the 2% not of the PlayStation generation that needs a cheat to make things easier. So for the hay day when the game had greater numbers. That covers the 68% that quit due to the BS. So if they just of flamed the 30% majority left. They'd be making more money today if half those people didn't quit. Sounds like one bean counter needs to be fired and hire 5 people to police the shards. Random Chaos is better then being a plodding cow falling into line. Didn't know I spoke Trollish, did ya?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt it against the forum ToS to post of exploits used to harrass or grief other players? Mods...get off your butts and pay attention maybe???
CReative ways to foil scripters..................they have no leg to stand on if they wont deal with a scripter handed to them on a silver platter. I use my second system to see if they are doing there job. Been over three years that I seen a GM snatch up someone by there short hairs. For weeks I trained my stealthers in front of two scripter houses making their auto log program go off. Paging on the timing of there system. GMs never peeked in to see what was a obvious scripting. Instead they threatened to bann my account for paging. Both those houses are cinder today. The one script mining came out the ffront door his house talking to the thin air boasting nothing would happen to him, and to go away. Last laugh. And for those that watch their screen while they run a script and wont talk to other players. If you're hand is not on the mouse or can even take the time to type HI. Your still not playing the game. And if GM was to observe and act as a player and not use their cute GM chat they also could prove if someone was playing the game. I observed a player running a tailor script at Haven bank. Paged on my main system and used a stealther on my second system to watch him. A GM use the cute GM chat to confront the player. I could see the players side of the conversation. A shaken response to the GM. An answer to a question. A backpeddling answer again because the GM called BS to the first answer. Apologies from the player and an OK NP. Player skips off to the moongate safe in the knowledge the GMs have no backbone.

My best month was just before ML release and the end of GMs showing face. 18 scripter snatched by their short hairs in 30 days. 15 was miners/ 1 BOD runner account/ 1 Library runner/ 1 speed hack- targeting program - gold harvester ( GM showed due to 4 of us paging on the guy. GM used the GM magic to prove the targeting hack by putting the V bunny off field. GM got no response back from him and poof off they go. The BS of this tale he was back 72 hours later doing the same thing.)

R

Radun

all you have to do is page on them... not very needed to make a thread each time we find a scripter... definitely not appropriate to publicly name them.. no matter how sure you are. the screenshot actually doesn't prove anything.

As for the topic of creative ways to foil scripters... most anything you can do to hamper their efforts would actually constitute 'physical harassment using game mechanics', according the the game's rules of conduct. Best thing you can do is page on them, and let them do their thing til they're caught red-handed by a GM

G

Gwendolynne

I hate searching for anything in EA Customer Support and copy and pasting the http link never seems to work. I did copy and past this on recall blocking though - notice this applies to Trammel. I would not argue with a GM and I don't use crate blocking anyway but according to the rules blocking recall is not harrassment.

QUESTION
What is physical harassment?

Answer
The following information applies primarily (not exclusively) to the lands of Ilshenar, Malas and the Trammel facet of Ultima Online. While you have the ability to attack other players freely on the Felucca facet, players are generally not able to defend themselves against physical harassment in Trammel, Malas and Ilshenar.

We'd rather not go into the specifics of all the actions we consider physical harrasment, but we do want to make it clear that it is not okay to ruin the fun of UO for other players, specifically when that is the intent behind your actions. It is important to realize and accept that everyone plays this game differently, and everyone has different expectations from the game and from the other players. Ultima Online is a social setting, and as such, we expect our players to treat one another with the same respect and dignity they would use in any other social situation.

If your sole purpose and intent in any action is to continually upset, aggravate, or otherwise annoy another player, you may be a "grief player." Using game mechanics to cause grief to others can also be seen as exploitation, and will be treated accordingly by game staff.

If someone is using grief tactics against you, please report it to a Game Master using the Help button on your paperdoll. Once the Help menu appears, choose the Harassment option, and enter the exact name of the other player, and a brief description of his actions. For example: Jody keeps luring these poison ele's to us and hiding. Clearly luring!

The following are NOT considered physical harassment:

Res killing
Stealing or kill stealing
Legal player killing, such as takes place in guild and faction wars
Refusal to take turns at spawn points
Refusal to resurrect another player
Blocking a recall location
Area Peacing
Before you submit a harassment complaint, be sure you understand what constitutes harassment and that you have followed these steps:
You have asked the player to "please stop" (and then they have continued to repeat the offending behavior).
You have tried to remove yourself from the situation, for example, by recalling away or moving several screens.
You have done nothing to instigate or further encourage the harassment.
You have added the player to your ignore list, which is located in your UO options, under Filter Options.
You have read and understand Electronic Arts' definition of harassment, and Electronic Arts' Terms of Service.
Your account information is up to date (including a current email address).

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a scripter. I do not care about other people scripting.

Fighting trogs in painted caves for 3 hrs, for fencing skill... collecting gold in a big pile.
Dude comes in, sees me, kills one trog. comes back, says nothing. Runs up, gets Lurg, and pulls him down. Invis, and Lurg retargets on me. He runs out. I run out too, type WTF??? Dude runs away... I follow him.

It takes 3 guildies and 45 minutes out of my day, was just about to quit so aggravating as hell, to get lurg dead and gold out of cave.

Was it one of you UO police idiots that assume that anyone standing in one spot doing something repetitive is a scripter? Fess up! You ruined my day.

it took >2 weeks to 120 fencing in exactly the same spot. Thanks for all the congratulatory replies. You may also repeat the above scenario x2, as it happend twice. BTW, i was at my keyboard, piling the gold up, and did not die. Thanks UO police! THANKS! Oh btw, i left a message with the GM's and apparently they are investigating... wonder what that will do...

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's amusing is that you're seriously attempting to take the moral high ground whilst displaying a forum avatar of a doberman boinking a stuffed toy.

R

Ravenspyre

They might have gotten him. Most times I don't hear anything back from the GM in game. I get an email telling me thanks for the report, we will look into it, we cannot tell you our decision - that kind of thing. I have not actually seen a GM in game for about 8 months. Last time they showed up to test a boat that I could not dock - after the GM attempted a few times including sailing to other spots etc. he deleted the boat and gave me a replacement. They only seem to actually appear for personal assistance when needed. For reports against others you probably won't hear from them or see them in game. Then again it depends on the GM so who knows.
Wow, I hadn't see a GM since Age of Shadows launched, when I had an issue with my house. That was what, five, six years ago now?

maujai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha! A couple minutes after the last post, I got the usual "we'll investigate.."

So maybe they took care of him first, in case they had questions for me.

either way, he's gone, I'm happy. Off to collect my crates for next time.
Do you feel better now that you have came to the forums to beat your chest because you have single handily saved the game?

D

Dragonchilde

Do you feel better now that you have came to the forums to beat your chest because you have single handily saved the game?
Not particularly. I came to the forums to figure out what I could DO to stop an obvious cheater, who was actually interfering with my ability to legitimately play the game.

Somehow, I doubt your hyperbolic statement about me "saving the game" is particularly clever. I could be wrong though.

I do apologize for posting the screenshot... that was not cool, although I didn't realize it was against the rules around here. It is, and I shoulda known better. ;) Mea culpa.

I'm not a grief player. I'm not out to spoil someone's day. I don't call on people who are script mining, even if I think they are, because frankly... I can't tell as easily as this guy was doing, because it was SO blatant!

Heck, it wouldn't have bothered me if he'd been sitting there... because if he'd "woken up" and gone around moving my crates, I would have saluted him and gone about my business. That's playing the game. Blocking recall spots, as noted above, is NOT against the rules. In fact, its explicitly excepted from harassment.

I don't care if you script in your house, or whatever. But when people actually defend the ones who are breaking the ToS of the game they're paying to play, I can't help but shake my head in wonder.

Such injustice.

D

DirtMcGirt

Hey, he could totally have asked me to move them. I mean... I stood there staring at him on his last recall spot.

Not like he couldn't get into the dungeon, after all. Just couldn't recall around easily. And when he stopped showing up in the one spot I left... I moved 'em.

Why, yes. I have this really old-fashioned notion that if you want to play a game... you ought to you know... play the game.I don't give two fat damns whether or not you stand in your house and script stealth. I've sat there with a hammer on my hide macro. But seriously... farming any kind of resource is 100% inexcusable. This is an anti-virtue dungeon, too. So not only was he farming leather, he was farming artifacts too.

So what your saying is it is ok for you to macro afk and get your skills up, but it isnt ok for him to macro afk and get resources?

I dont think that makes very much sense.

Pot/Keetle?

Thanks...la

D

Dragonchilde

So what your saying is it is ok for you to macro afk and get your skills up, but it isnt ok for him to macro afk and get resources?

I dont think that makes very much sense.

Pot/Keetle?
I have never macroed afk. Ever. Period. I would not, will not, would never. I think that the mere idea of macroing unattended is the lamest of the lame, and anyone who does it lame by comparison.

I sit with a hammer on my hide key and watch it while I sit there. :) If anyone stops by to say hello... I stop and say hello too.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Yes and thank you. I don't need to cheat. I paid for my uoassist and I setup macros to make things.

Isnt it against the forum ToS to post of exploits used to harass or grief other players? Mods...get off your butts and pay attention maybe???
Putting a box down on a spot blocking a recall spot is not an exploit. Also I believe they are griefing a
Computer Program and I don't see any rule on stratics that says you cannot grief a computer program.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's amusing is that you're seriously attempting to take the moral high ground whilst displaying a forum avatar of a doberman boinking a stuffed toy.
Are you serious? You do realize that you are making judgements based on the appearance of an avatar? How petty can you possibly get? You are the problem in this game with that type of attitude...you would rather *do* BEFORE you *think*.

My whole issue with this has nothing to do with taking the moral high ground you twit...it has to do with keeping the player base that is left in the game!!! Take a look around you delusional idiot...I would rather play the game with a few scripters than not play the game at all...

DUH!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Putting a box down on a spot blocking a recall spot is not an exploit. Also I believe they are griefing a
Computer Program and I don't see any rule on stratics that says you cannot grief a computer program.
I cant count the number of times I have sat macroing attended when some moron approached to do something stupid without even taking the time to converse with me in regards to IF I were unattended or not. I cannot count the number of times I have chatter with GMs who came to *check* on me in regards to macroing...only to tell me *sorry* for the interruption. (yes...I macro skill attended...nothing against the rules on this...if you dont like it...page...but dont harrass...I will gladly tell the GM to F off as well)

The issue here is that every time people make assumptions...more often than not these assumptions are wrong. The games resources are wasted when people page based on assumption...and the funding of these resources is further taxed when people leave the game due to the harrassment.

It really is too bad the moderators here allow this type of crap to float in UHall...then again...the moderators are all crap anymore too.

BTW...griefing is against the rules the same as unattended is...and is subject to the same violations of the rules as unattended. This goes without saying regardless of IF you think they are AFK or NOT.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that is how macroing is sorted from scripting. Players talk to each other. Those that feel annoyed by haveing a GM chat open up shuld just talked. And if you honestly think the GMs are going checking on players, you need to stop puffing and pass. Just means you wasn't watching when someone was there and you got paged on. Thats another thread dealing with unattended programs.

L

Lore Master

Try casting invis on him reason i say this because there was a scripter at luna fighting his golem i cast invis on him and he and the golem stopped fighting each other about an hour later he came back to his computer and restarted the process i waited about five minutes and invised him again and that stopped him again so invis should work might get him killed by the lizard men too hopefully lol.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that is how macroing is sorted from scripting. Players talk to each other. Those that feel annoyed by haveing a GM chat open up shuld just talked. And if you honestly think the GMs are going checking on players, you need to stop puffing and pass. Just means you wasn't watching when someone was there and you got paged on. Thats another thread dealing with unattended programs.
please note that some people only talk in vent or teamspeak...thank you.

and on a side note...you should really stop with the assumptions, because if I didnt respond to the GMs...I wouldn't be playing now. In other words, all any of those who ever paged had to do was ask if I was there...instead they ALL opted for paging with the hopes of having a GM catch me with my pants down.

To me that is just cowardly and shows a sense of immaturity not to mention poor sportsmanship. If you feel that you fit into that category of pagers...then you too are a coward...as are most people who resort to breaking the rules just to be a jerk to those working skills.

ON THE OTHER HAND...farmers...do what you like. Is it hypocritical? Yes...but nothing is black and white. Some things ruin the game...such as messing up the in game economy. Skill gain is not farming...especially when it is not afk. (Right now I am working magery...whilst typing this...want to page on me?)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try casting invis on him reason i say this because there was a scripter at luna fighting his golem i cast invis on him and he and the golem stopped fighting each other about an hour later he came back to his computer and restarted the process i waited about five minutes and invised him again and that stopped him again so invis should work might get him killed by the lizard men too hopefully lol.
This will get you removed from game...it is an exploit.

FYI...posting exploits on the boards is bannable. (from the boards that is)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you're mistaken on that. I think it's more likely to come under Harassment. Having said that it isn't something people should be advising others to do. Harassing a player in this way is liable to adversely affect your game account.

A

AesSedai

"Before you submit a harassment complaint, be sure you understand what constitutes harassment and that you have followed these steps:
You have asked the player to "please stop" (and then they have continued to repeat the offending behavior).
You have tried to remove yourself from the situation, for example, by recalling away or moving several screens.
You have done nothing to instigate or further encourage the harassment.

You have added the player to your ignore list, which is located in your UO options, under Filter Options.
You have read and understand Electronic Arts' definition of harassment, and Electronic Arts' Terms of Service.
Your account information is up to date (including a current email address)."

- So I believe, 'C' none of the above would apply to that particular situation...
:)

x: Although I completely agree that advising to invis can & has been annoying (for several reasons other than checking for cheaters). Still, it looks to be a viable option when people seem to be 'illegal, non-responsive automatons'. Perhaps do it once, and if they do not respond and/or react then they obviously aren't participating very well in our mutual (& attendance requisite) playground, eh?

A

AesSedai

Skill gain is not farming...especially when it is not afk. (Right now I am working magery...whilst typing this...want to page on me?)
- Hahahaha. Such ease in justification. But... but... what happens when you afk gain those skills &, oh my word, then begin to afk farm with your newly acquired afk skills? Yup, cheating ~afk, automated, illegally scripted -gains-~ is illegal & for a very valid reason. Do the math; it is simply true.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Hahahaha. Such ease in justification. But... but... what happens when you afk gain those skills &, oh my word, then begin to afk farm with your newly acquired afk skills? Yup, cheating ~afk, automated, illegally scripted -gains-~ is illegal & for a very valid reason. Do the math; it is simply true.
I only do skills...which is why I still have an account. If I were doing something illegal I wouldnt still be playing. In addition, my sincere apologies if you are offended by me not wishing to point and click...but according to the rules set forth in the game...as long as I do what I do while sitting at the keyboard...I am doing nothing wrong or even illegal. If you wish to make assumptions, try the next guy in UHall bud...nothing but your asinine finger pointing going on here.

Afk...automated?...illegal? Since when the hell was UOAssist against the ToS idiot? Since when is it OK for people like yourself to harrass other players doing things on the legit? Assumptions are what get people going off half cocked in the first place...like your own.

This stuff is just silly. Doing things to other players, trying to get them banned without even considering if they were at the keyboard.

Years ago I predicted this forum would end up full of ******* and self absorbed jerks. Imagine that...I WAS FOOKIN RITE!

K

Kith Kanan

I do feel its OK to report if someone is hindering game play by scripting. Which this guy clearly is by killing monsters in a dungeon you wanted while he is afk.

I have never reported on anyone though. The more paying customers the more events/patches etc. the game will offer.

ps: Harrasement is a violation of the Terms of Service. If this afk scripter had come back from keyboard to see you put a crate on his rune spot. He could report you for harrasment.

yeah and he has to prove you did drop it on his recall spot intentionaly , I did just happen to notice the empty crate in my bag , and had no use for it so I dropped it... prove that it is not so .....

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only do skills...which is why I still have an account. If I were doing something illegal I wouldnt still be playing. In addition, my sincere apologies if you are offended by me not wishing to point and click...but according to the rules set forth in the game...as long as I do what I do while sitting at the keyboard...I am doing nothing wrong or even illegal. If you wish to make assumptions, try the next guy in UHall bud...nothing but your asinine finger pointing going on here.

Afk...automated?...illegal? Since when the hell was UOAssist against the ToS idiot? Since when is it OK for people like yourself to harrass other players doing things on the legit? Assumptions are what get people going off half cocked in the first place...like your own.

This stuff is just silly. Doing things to other players, trying to get them banned without even considering if they were at the keyboard.

Years ago I predicted this forum would end up full of ******* and self absorbed jerks. Imagine that...I WAS FOOKIN RITE!

Maybe it is you bring the best out of plp. Your first post to this thread was an attack. An attack to a thread about placing containers to recalls to prove someone is scripting. That has proven is legal. If some other methods are on the line of harrasment only after the player comes on to respond to the actions. Some of us will chance an 138 month account to get rid of those cheating. And if one of my accounts get banned trying to do what AE should been doing for nearly a decade now so be it. Just means another system freed up for other ways to entertain myself that wont have EA in it.

In general there are those that wont respond to players. Those that forget this is an MMO community and just want to profit with little effort. I never had a problem with skill training with a nickle jammed in next to the F1 key. The other keys are there to respond to players and have pride in not being part of the problem. This thread is sharing of knowledge on how to prove someone is unattended and the best way to get a GMs attention. Untill we have wolves in sheeps clothing GMs going about the shards to put the fear in the of banning this will be a hot topic on UHall. There are plenty of games out there part of the ghost in the machine due to the lack of content or control of cheating. Guess it's us 2% that care about the games world that keeps it floating. Those that go out to mine for what ends just to turn around and hunt down a scripter. Spending hours of game time doing that because competing with scripting has made it our play style.

You did in all your post have something related for discusion:

I cant count the number of times I have sat macroing attended when some moron approached to do something stupid without even taking the time to converse with me in regards to IF I were unattended or not. I cannot count the number of times I have chatter with GMs who came to *check* on me in regards to macroing...only to tell me *sorry* for the interruption. (yes...I macro skill attended...nothing against the rules on this...if you dont like it...page...but dont harrass...I will gladly tell the GM to F off as well)

The issue here is that every time people make assumptions...more often than not these assumptions are wrong. The games resources are wasted when people page based on assumption...and the funding of these resources is further taxed when people leave the game due to the harrassment.

I agree there are those that have no clue on how to investigate a cheat and you can blame that on those that don't respond when they can. Can most likely rack that up to the fact that GMs don't show face and observe game play. Sure I could use my second system to do something shady only to respond to GMs instead of playing Texas Holdem. Right now its the players that are the only solution to a problem till the Code Mages come out with some temporary fix. And our only tool is a spineless clueless GM outsourced program. I'm sure the number that quit due to harrassment is minute compared to those quiting, fed up with cheats/dupes/hacks. I look at what a players wearing and I wont even do a high check if they are wearing something worth loosing. Most times the first clue is they are wearing sloppy seconds unenhanced armor. Hell guy in Luna with shoes, robe and worthless hat they picked up of the ground with 4 hp inc. and nothing but a name on their paperdoll............. Spamming val hammers for sale. HAMMERSSSSSS and wants to go off from public view to talk dollars not gold needs to be played out by a sneaky GM. The Code Mages fix of the game will not afford a way to cleaning up what already is in game. But a P.I. GM will.

B

Bo Hica

Cowboy isn't it also against the ToS to make personal attacks against other posters?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For starters why are you farming lizardmen... lol? If it's for leather you're wasting your time in a trammel dungeon when you could get "double your money" in felucca (Easy access in Despise entrance). If you are in felluca just kill the guy, problem solved.

Either way I hope you feel better about your victory on the scripter. May you sleep better and perform better for your woman each night here out. Someone give this guy an award of some sort, maybe a "special" one...

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cowboy isn't it also against the ToS to make personal attacks against other posters?
There's a difference between carrying out a personal attacking and just honestly stating the obvious truth...

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some plp don't have the connection or the system to even want the added fel drama. Some plp train a new character skill there and the spine is just a bonus. Why beating on a golem is a waste of time. I personally put a weapon skill on a crafter take a BOD book and fill junk BODs on the fly. And if you don't have issue with fel better advise is the teleporter island. Get bone and normal leather. Still take the half collection over feeding some reds ego. CReative ways to foil scripters;now what useful imput do you have on the thread?

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you serious? You do realize that you are making judgements based on the appearance of an avatar? How petty can you possibly get? You are the problem in this game with that type of attitude...you would rather *do* BEFORE you *think*.

My whole issue with this has nothing to do with taking the moral high ground you twit...it has to do with keeping the player base that is left in the game!!! Take a look around you delusional idiot...I would rather play the game with a few scripters than not play the game at all...

DUH!
No, I wasn't serious.

It was, however, thoroughly entertaining watching you work yourself into a tizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.