• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could we get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue please

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there:

It would be great if we could get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue. It's only a few days before the release so I'm fairly sure the decisions have been made. I know we have a list now, but is it correct?

Thanks in advance

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Could we get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue pleas

Mining gems. Regular gems. Luminous fungi. Parasitic plant (or wtf ever its called, comes from Lj-ing). Magic residue, enchanted essence, and relic fragments. Unless its changed since things went dark again.

N

Nvnter

Re: Could we get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue pleas

Mining gems. Regular gems. Luminous fungi. Parasitic plant (or wtf ever its called, comes from Lj-ing). Magic residue, enchanted essence, and relic fragments. Unless its changed since things went dark again.
Yes, there was a post they were going to add items to the list. I would be interested in a final list also. Would get the boards fired up again (they seem to like that ie. Pet Dye).

B

Beastmaster

Sorry. That is privileged information to be known only by closed beta testers at this time. Please allow them enough time to purchase all existing vendor inventories. They should have that done by Sept. 8th. At that time everyone will learn what is needed.

/heavy sarcasm

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i just hope they tweek the drop rate of the mining gems and brilliant amber. ive been harvesting trees for a solid week (about 3 hours a day!) and have only gotten 3 brilliant amber. (tons of fungi, parasitic, and bark)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There are reasons, why the open beta is closed. I cannot talk too much about simply becourse it falls under the NDA again.
What will happen, when the expansion goes live is actually limited to the developpers ... not to the closed beta testers. Most of us were surprised by some announcements like all other players too. Like the open discusiion about pet dyes or the drawback of some really long discussed tweaks to imbuing.
If someone now plans to buy up the resources for imbuing, he/she is definately too late. To assume that 'all the closed bety testers' bought those stuff is simply wrong.

Yes, there was a post they were going to add items to the list.
When was that post made? What excactly is written there? Where is that post?
If it is/was something important, it wouldnt be hard to locate that one.

B

Beastmaster

i just hope they tweek the drop rate of the mining gems and brilliant amber. ive been harvesting trees for a solid week (about 3 hours a day!) and have only gotten 3 brilliant amber. (tons of fungi, parasitic, and bark)

Amber isn't that hard. I think the drop rate is fine. I've gotten 12 in the past 2 evenings, about 2 hours each time.

O

Old Man of UO

I hope all the ingredients are changed when the expansion goes live.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope all the ingredients are changed when the expansion goes live.
Hoping for that is definitely a solid waste of time. I really don't think they'll be changing any further.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hoping for that is definitely a solid waste of time. I really don't think they'll be changing any further.
But, the problem is we don't actually know...

At one time we were hearing about ingredients coming from peerless, etc. Nothing like that is on the list they gave us.

M

Myna

i hope they added blackrock, this tiny crap form mining is really useless atm

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I know what they are :)

N

Nvnter

There are reasons, why the open beta is closed. I cannot talk too much about simply becourse it falls under the NDA again.
What will happen, when the expansion goes live is actually limited to the developpers ... not to the closed beta testers. Most of us were surprised by some announcements like all other players too. Like the open discusiion about pet dyes or the drawback of some really long discussed tweaks to imbuing.
If someone now plans to buy up the resources for imbuing, he/she is definately too late. To assume that 'all the closed bety testers' bought those stuff is simply wrong.

Yes, there was a post they were going to add items to the list.
When was that post made? What excactly is written there? Where is that post?
If it is/was something important, it wouldnt be hard to locate that one.
It also would not have been hard for you to find. Keep current:loser:

Draconi - We are seriously considering expanding out the ingredient list for imbuing, and making the variety of imbuing ingredients obtainable in more interesting ways that touch more playstyles

Happy? This post has been hashed over for weeks now.

To an earlier post. It is very dicouraging to compete for resources that others have preknowledge of. And for anyone to say that the Closed Testers haven't taken advantage of this info doesnt have a clue and probably doesnt rate being a tester themselves.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Every Imbuable property has had its ingredients changed to mainly non pre existing items. The only advantage Closed Tester have is they will know where which items come from, they will still need to gather, the same as everyone else.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Every Imbuable property has had its ingredients changed to mainly non pre existing items. The only advantage Closed Tester have is they will know where which items come from, they will still need to gather, the same as everyone else.
:gee:

That is gonna make some gem scripter very unhappy :D

K

kaldera4

Sorry. That is privileged information to be known only by closed beta testers at this time. Please allow them enough time to purchase all existing vendor inventories. They should have that done by Sept. 8th. At that time everyone will learn what is needed.

/heavy sarcasm
funny :D but i think so too. and the ones on all threads that say no we dont use the infos and we dont give the infos to close friends because of the NDA -- rofl. 1 day before the closed beta gets opened a guy posted a screenshot that he got from his friend - a betatester. with a lot of imbued items where you could see props maxed and if you had close look could recognize jewelery getting durability and so on.
sure this thread was deleted after around 3 hours. but me and(i think the counter was on)75 other people did visit this thread and 12 postet too.

and you forgot. not only all the knowledge of ressources that dramaticaly will raise in prices. what is about new superrares. perhaps stealables or new serverbirth likes? what do you think who will have them 1 day after SA being opened? sure the betatester will not use his prime account that is known. to run there 1 hour after server startet to steal the rare. he simply uses friends or one of his sub-accounts ;)

one thing is for sure. we will have a small to medium group of new billionairs at the mid of the month ;)

thats wrong.
1. where you think you know that from? closed betatesting? then you would get trouble with your holy NDA :D.
2. you dont belive a system is testet and after all testing one day before release i make significant changes to it. sure lol

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What makes you think what he said is wrong?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maybe someone should send in the question on the feedback form? I doubt the developers have had a lot of time this week to be reading posts here in U.Hall. Maybe Chrissay will be able to get someone to provide an answer to reassure folks that no one is getting an unfair jump on actually gathering imbuing ingredients.

K

kaldera4

Maybe someone should send in the question on the feedback form? I doubt the developers have had a lot of time this week to be reading posts here in U.Hall. Maybe Chrissay will be able to get someone to provide an answer to reassure folks that no one is getting an unfair jump on actually gathering imbuing ingredients.
one way would be - at the time they are pretty sure to have built a stable good nearly bugfree (i know 100% isnt reachable i m softwareengineer too) piece of software they could start a beta on a capsulated server like retribution was. And that would be a OPEN beta! BUT then they would have made the whole buissness of softwaretesting themselfes before and only wait for the few bugs that will be reported from the community. paying 3-6 full staff memebers to test 3-4 months is expensive.
the deal is easy: EA gives a few people an advantage (knowing it will become a few more friends) and therefore has less test efford and can keep the payed staff for softwaretesting low. thats more costefficient and they can life with the critics that come according unfair advantages that some have.

O

Old Man of UO

one way would be - at the time they are pretty sure to have built a stable good nearly bugfree (i know 100% isnt reachable i m softwareengineer too) piece of software they could start a beta on a capsulated server like retribution was. And that would be a OPEN beta! BUT then they would have made the whole buissness of softwaretesting themselfes before and only wait for the few bugs that will be reported from the community. paying 3-6 full staff memebers to test 3-4 months is expensive.
the deal is easy: EA gives a few people an advantage (knowing it will ebcome a few more friends) and therefore has less test efford and can keep the payed staff for softwaretesting low. thats more costefficient and they can life with the critics that come according unfair advantages that some have.
wow... if you are a Software Engineer, I understand now why there are so many bugs in software! A spell checker and some grammar lessons sure would help!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You know I could really take offence, as a beta tester, at the slights to my integrity and honesty that are posted in this thread.

C

Chrissay_

Without spilling the beans on the whole list. There's a good portion of ingredients that won't be introduced until after Stygian Abyss launches.

K

kaldera4

wow... if you are a Software Engineer, I understand now why there are so many bugs in software! A spell checker and some grammar lessons sure would help!
:scholar: really good input :danceb:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi there:

It would be great if we could get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue. It's only a few days before the release so I'm fairly sure the decisions have been made. I know we have a list now, but is it correct?

Thanks in advance

NO THANKS.

I think that giving out the information would only start a mass hoarding of them leaving the uninformed people out of any luck.

The thing is, that not all players read the Forums and if the list of ingredients was to be released on the Forum before the expansion, not all players who play the game would know about it.

Nope, I htink it is better if noone knows anything about them and people find it out on release day.

Then everyone will be on equal footing as it should always be, IMHO.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, if the Developers did this they will get ALL MY most felt CONGRATULATIONS !

I mean, you guys all well know how I am a critic of many things in the game but I must be honest and congratulate when I see what I feel are the right choices be made.

So, if the Developers truly re did the whole list of ingredients with NON PRE-EXISTING ITEMS I bow myself to their ingenuity and cleverness.

Personally, I much prefer when additions to the game can avoid any hoarding. I think it as better for the game, overall.

Beta testers will know how to gather them but at least, noone will have been able to hoarde them weeks before release.....

*I keep my fingers crossed hoping I will not be disappointed*..........

Developers you hear me ?

If you really re did the imbuing ingredients list with all non pre-existing items I, a well known critic on this Forum, will make a post on UHall to applaude your wonderfull decision !!!!

C

Connor_Graham

You know I could really take offence, as a beta tester, at the slights to my integrity and honesty that are posted in this thread.
Ditto.

K

kaldera4

i didnt say everybody does.. but some will... you saw yourself that one postet screenies from his betatest-friend one day before beta was opened.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, if the Developers did this they will get ALL MY most felt CONGRATULATIONS !

I mean, you guys all well know how I am a critic of many things in the game but I must be honest and congratulate when I see what I feel are the right choices be made.

So, if the Developers truly re did the whole list of ingredients with NON PRE-EXISTING ITEMS I bow myself to their ingenuity and cleverness.

Finally an addition to the game which will NOT benefit the hoarders and the informed ones.

Sure, beta testers will know how to gather them but at least, noone will have been able to hoarde them weeks before release.....

Well, I really, but REALLY want to believe this as true because if it is it will restore much of my faded faifth in a future Ultima Online with LESS privileged players and more players playing on an equal footing.

*I keep my fingers crossed hoping I will not be disappointed*..........

Developers you hear me ?

If you really re did the imbuing ingredients list with all non pre-existing items I, a well known critic on this Forum, will make a post on UHall to applaude your wonderfull decision !!!!
Hmm. Not sure how you'll react then.

The midrange ingredients (used for getting to the common levels for each property) are still jewels and older ingredients. However, the highest level for each property, for most of them, *has* been replaced with completely new ingredients that drop throughout the expansion content.

Quick overview:
* Ingredient Type #1: Magical Residue, Enchanted Essence, Relic Fragments (one of the three is required, depends on rarity of item property)
* Ingredient Type #2: Jewels, Old Ingredients
* Ingredient Type #3: Completely new ingredients (91% - 100% intensity)

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The midrange ingredients (used for getting to the common levels for each property) are still jewels and older ingredients. However, the highest level for each property, for most of them, *has* been replaced with completely new ingredients that drop throughout the expansion content.

Quick overview:
* Ingredient Type #1: Magical Residue, Enchanted Essence, Relic Fragments (one of the three is required, depends on rarity of item property)
So low-mid common regs, mid-high LJ/Fishing/Mining uncommon/rare (white pearls etc.) regs and high-max new regs?

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So low-mid common regs, mid-high LJ/Fishing/Mining uncommon/rare (white pearls etc.) regs and high-max new regs?
Hmm, close!

Ingredient #1 (Always required)
---
We broken the item properties into three groups:
* Low: Requires Magical Residue
* Mid: Requires Enchanted Essence
* High: Requires Relic Fragments

The above requirements are where the "Unraveling" part of Imbuing is very handy, since you can tear apart items you don't want.

Ingredient #2 (Required)
---
Jewels and older ingredients.

Ingredient #3 (Optional)
---
Completely new ingredients, pretty much necessary in order to confidently Imbue properties above 90%

N

Nenime

The powerscrolls for for Imbuing (and Mysticism/Throwing) can be obtained by any Champ Spawn or though SA Spawns only?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Quick overview:

Positive reaction. I congratulate with you for your choice.

Personally, I think that the biggest problem was the high end ingredients.

Hoarding the low ingredients does not matters much as they are more ubiquitous.

The high end ones, instead, being rarer, could have become a problem to many other players if they had been hoarded because existing ones had been used as ingredients.

Instead, by going with the decision to use brand new items as high end ingredients this risk was entirely taken out as a chance.

Now all players will start on an equal footing as imbuing is concerned.

That's good for me and I applaude your decision for what I am concerned.

Thank you. Thumbs up from me this one time.

B

Beastmaster

Quick overview:

I hope you meant gems, not jewels.

B

Beastmaster

However, the highest level for each property, for most of them, *has* been replaced with completely new ingredients that drop throughout the expansion content.
Hope I'm wrong, but this smacks of 'some stuff will come from the new Fel rules
champ spawns.'

B

Beastmaster

Ingredient #3 (Optional)
---
Completely new ingredients, pretty much necessary in order to confidently Imbue properties above 90%
So, are you saying the 3rd ingredient isn't mandatory to get over 90%? But you should expect a high failure rate without it?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hope I'm wrong, but this smacks of 'some stuff will come from the new Fel rules
champ spawns.'

I hope they mean that the new ingredients will be obtainable via multiple means, including Felucca spawns.

I mean, my hope is that each individual rare item will not have only 1 way and that only to be obtained because this might cause problems to some players in getting them.

Instead, if each high end item will have "various" ways to be obtained, then each and every player will be able to choose the way to get that one ingredient that they more prefer.

At least, this is my hope........

B

Beastmaster

I hope they mean that the new ingredients will be obtainable via multiple means, including Felucca spawns.

I mean, my hope is that each individual rare item will not have only 1 way and that only to be obtained because this might cause problems to some players in getting them.

Instead, if each high end item will have "various" ways to be obtained, then each and every player will be able to choose the way to get that one ingredient that they more prefer.

At least, this is my hope........
I hope you're right.

M

Mijac_Chmon

So, what, it used to be like this?

*Standard materials + ordinary gems + Residue with
*Mining etc + Relic for high end?

But now that only caps at 90% and there are new ingredients (not seen in Beta) needed for 90%+ ?

And these new ingredients will come from a variety of playstyles and thus be open to a wide range of players?

If so, that is a good change.

I'd just like to know how many new ingredients there are.

One for each property? One for each property type/group?

G

Gelf

The powerscrolls for for Imbuing (and Mysticism/Throwing) can be obtained by any Champ Spawn or though SA Spawns only?
i believe the imbuing ps r through quest in gargoyle city

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Without spilling the beans on the whole list. There's a good portion of ingredients that won't be introduced until after Stygian Abyss launches.
tyvm :)

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Quick overview:
I didn't think about doing it that way, but it sounds like an excellent idea. It makes sense to force us to actually use sa stuff for the highest level of this sa skill.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have a re-worked version of that page in the making, with the 'high intensity ingredient' column altered to show the new ingredients, and an additional column for the source of those ingredients, which I am filling in as the beta testers find them for you. I will make that page live on Tuesday, or earlier if the NDA is lifted before that.

While it's true some beta testers broke NDA and told their guilds stuff they shouldn't most of us were fully aware that things were likely to change and were mindful of the promise we made.
Most of us have hardly played our own characters in weeks, we had no time to 'stockpile' ingredients, and enough wisdom to know that any who did might be wasting their gold on items that wouldn't, in the end, be needed.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope the new ingredients don't just come from super duper big bad mummy and daddy monsters.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

to answer that I'll quote Draconi:
ingredients that drop throughout the expansion content.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

to answer that I'll quote Draconi:

ingredients that drop throughout the expansion content.

It all depends, if the drops are exclusive or spread out for same rare ingredients.

I will explain better my thinking.

Let's imagine one of the rare ingredients is XYZ.

Now, if that XYZ is only obtainable in 1 way and that way only, this may be a problem.

First, because this will probably clog that source since a whole lot of players will queue up by that source to farm that particular ingredient. This will harm other players' game play.

Second, because that particular way to get that ingredient might not be liked by some players and, therefore, cut them out from that particular ingredient.

If instead the new XYZ rare ingredient will be obtainable from various, different sources, this will reduce much the clogging (problem number 1) as players will have various places and ways to get it and it will also reduce problem number 2 making it available to players several varied ways of getting it thus making it more likely that players may find a way they prefer more, rather than another, to obtain that particular rare ingredient.

When I talk about varied, I am not referring at a pink boss dropping it along with a grey and a red and a whatever other colored boss dropping them. To me, that the drops come from different bosses it is basically all of the same type of sourcing.

When I talk about variety of sources I mean a "real" variety of sources which means monsters' drops but also resource gathering or luck finding in a treasure chest or other ways that tailor to different ways of playing the game for different players.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For that answer you will have to wait, popps, we don't know it yet. A good part of the new column on the ingredients page is up to yet filled with the notation NYD - Not Yet Discovered.