• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could we get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue please

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Could we get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue pleas

When I talk about variety of sources I mean a "real" variety of sources which means monsters' drops but also resource gathering or luck finding in a treasure chest or other ways that tailor to different ways of playing the game for different players.....
I sincerely hope you mean what you say here and aren't back here next Wednesday asking for someone to spell everything out for you. Be prepared to do quite a bit of your own exploring and experimenting. Also give some serious thought to repaying some of the folks who've taken so much time in the last few months to write out for you their versions of helpful advice by posting or giving Petra the results of your exploration and experimentation in the new areas and from using the new skills.

B

Beastmaster

Re: Could we get a final list of the reagents, etc we're going to need to imbue pleas

This is an apology to any of the closed beta testers who were honest and diligent during their testing and were offended by my sarcastic post earlier in this thread. I know there were some of you that stuck to the NDA and were excellent testers. I knew of 28 people in the closed beta. Out of that group 9 of you were willing to share information with the rest of us when the open beta started. While I would like to post the names of the 19 that didn't, I will instead post a big thank you to the 9 that did.

THANK YOU!

Petra Fyde
Tina Small
Dermott of LS
Otis Firefly
Sweeney
christy1221
Connor Graham
Sarsmi
Tazar

To EA, I hope you tracked the players that were not helpful during beta testing and put their accounts on a blacklist for future testing. I know there were some that never even logged into Retribution.

N

Nvnter

Without spilling the beans on the whole list. There's a good portion of ingredients that won't be introduced until after Stygian Abyss launches.
Thank You:danceb:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While I would like to post the names of the 19 that didn't, I will instead post a big thank you to the 9 that did.
I'm blacklisted? :(

B

Beastmaster

I'm blacklisted? :(
You were not among the 28 I knew about. Also, I didn't say blacklist the 19 I knew that didn't share info, I said blacklist those that EA tracked that were not helpful. Which implies helpful to EA, not me.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll vouch for the fact that you're helpful, Maplestone. Will that do? :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, Maplestone is very helpful. He's also a master of doling out clues an inch, nay a fraction of an inch, at a time.

:p

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll vouch for the fact that you're helpful, Maplestone. Will that do? :)
I heard from a very high(reptilian) authority that a little bit of Maplestone between the toes prevents scale rot. *nods*

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, ok folks, time out. I'm dangerously close to a narcissism overdose here. :)

O

Old Man of UO

ok, ok folks, time out. I'm dangerously close to a narcissism overdose here. :)
:heart:Perhaps this thread should be locked before Maplestone implodes!:heart:
:grouphug:

Y

Yalp

I have to assume, since the 3rd column of ingredients will help us to get 91-100% intensities, that those items are gonna be rather hard (as in RNG gods and I'll start cussing them out already since it's proven they hate my account :cursing:) to come by. Getting them, I imagine, will be difficult and full of much death! And I'm sharpening my blades and stocking my quiver just for the chance!
:redx:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This whole system smells already.

Hiding this stuff before it comes out reeks of the problems with collections and peerless.

The whole recipe system was a good idea but flawed in recipe's learnt once and used many times and making certain ingredients rare to obtain since one ingredent was required for most of the top recipe's.

Collections is another case where it was a good idea but the gold/points ratio was so hopelessly skewed that the system is hardly used today. It could have been one of the great gold sinks and great way for people to enjoy the game but it became a scripters paradise.

I'm nervous for this system. I'll put money on it being another failure such as the other examples I've listed.

N

Nvnter

At least we will have the names of the Beta testers to blame if this expansion fails since blaming Devs is a worthless endeavor. :p Thankyou for the full disclosure

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hiding this stuff before it comes out reeks of the problems with collections and peerless.
Not this time. The changes made are positive and have nearly eliminated the scripter advantage.

N

Nvnter

Not this time. The changes made are positive and have nearly eliminated the scripter advantage.
Definitely satifies my requests in all of the surveys. :danceb:

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

wow... if you are a Software Engineer, I understand now why there are so many bugs in software! A spell checker and some grammar lessons sure would help!
Have you met Software Engineers in person? I was a web developer at my company, and the rest of the company was pretty sure there was something wrong with me because I had a personality and didn't stare blankly into outerspace when being spoken too.

One of the programmers I used to work with had the hardest time saying anything without his eyes blinking in some strange epileptic pattern...

And another one would explode violently, screaming at you to "GET OUT!" if you happened to stop by and say hello to his co-worker in the same office.

Software engineers are notorious for being... weird.