• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Compare what Everquest gets to UO for expansions

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we sum it up with this:

If you like EQ better than UO, then go play EQ.

So no one is allowed to have a conversations here on the forums? If not , whats the point of the forums. Don't like the topic, don't click the link.
Where did I say no one is allowed to discuss and converse over it? My point was simply if you like EQ better then go play it, lol.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is saying EQ is better than UO. But they seem to be getting a lot more updates. This will be the 17th expansion for Everquest. UO is only on 8, even though it is 1 1/2 year older than Everquest.

E

Evlar

One could also ask, does UO need more and more expansions?

Does the fact an "other" game has had more expansions, mean the core game is better or worse?

My personaly feeling is that a better game, draws people based on its core merits. If the core merits are good enough to retain/attract players, then it doesn't need many expansions. Just the occasional introduction of new foes or the continued evolution of any story lines. Or alternatively, continued improvements to the user interface or client, with the aim of improving the playing experience.

Sadly though, it's my opinion that since possibly Renaissance and undoubtedly since Age of Shadows, UO headed down the path of "need" for expansions, simply based upon the changes in game mechanics.