• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clean Up Papua - Day, Week, Month?

G

Pretty much anyone can cope, just make sure you have a good way to heal, and as I said up there somewhere, if you're an archer, take PLENTY of arrows, some of them beasties really can take a LONG time to knock off

G

<blockquote><hr>

Pretty much anyone can cope, just make sure you have a good way to heal, and as I said up there somewhere, if you're an archer, take PLENTY of arrows, some of them beasties really can take a LONG time to knock off

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess then as the runes are all marked within that penned area and there was no real spawn near there you could take a packy and stock it with needed wares....trusting of course no one to lure and have your beastie killed.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you so much for the help Tina, thats some great information.

So are tamers the best option or can a swordsman, archer, other cope?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably any type of fighting character would be fine. However, I'm a bit unsure of what mages can cast in town at the moment. If you have a dexxer, might want to dig through any weapons you might have picked up when the ophidian invasion was going full blast and look for Ophidian Slayer vanquishing weapons. Or bring regular Ophidian or Reptile Slayer weapons. The Knight-Errants and Avengers can inflict lethal poison, so greater cure pots and orange petals could be handy.

If you plan on using a tamer in Papua, might want to consider using a mountable pet like a cu sidhe or a greater hiryu just because you can jump on them (usually) to prevent them from running under one of the buildings and getting stuck. Rune beetles worked well on the ophidians but had a tendency to get stuck and while recalling into town was turned off, pet summoning balls didn't work in town. I assume they will work in town now.

As far as staying supplied goes, maybe a good idea would be to clear the area around the bank first, if possible.

G

*smiles* Thanks Tina, I look forward to seeing you at the event. I hope everyone else is looking forward to this as well it should be a bit of fun and should accomplish something for the shard.

Event is tomorrow Saturday 15th March and should start approximately 10am PoC are planing to be in Papua for most of the day until it is cleared.

So come one come all and share in the fun the memories and the prizes.

G

cant say i will be there that early. with any luck ill still be sound asleep!! haha *crosses her fingers* but ill be in to join asap!! Good luck tomorrow everyone

L

Lihan

I'll be there and bring anyone online in DP.

Will be good to be able to do Chief and not be attacked by spawn when you exit!

Bring on the liberation of Papua......lol and check your packs for cursed arti's

G

I should be able to make 10 am too! Well, unless I decide to go have a nap to escape the heat (and recover from the before 4Am wake up =P)

G

Just getting organized to drop the runes.....have to suit up first but it seems 10am will be a go.

G

well we believe we have cleaned out papua tramel....nothing has spawned in a good while.

so YIPEE GO US we did it in like 2 and a half hours.....what we want to know is do we have to clean out the keep for them not to come back or is it an added bonus?

G

We are now cleaning out the bottom of Territhian Keep if anyone wishes to join us.

G

I have to go out for awhile but everyone is still bashing away at Territhian Keep trying to clear out the Obsidians from down bellow near the star room and what not.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped clean up papua it was a huge turn out the guilds I noticed with representation where

III, TBD, DP, S^R, OLD, KoV, C*S and PoC, there where also a few running around without guilds I noticed Yurgi Twinkletoes, Foblug, Lady Ishi, Bowie, Peter, Varkus and Jack. There could have been other guilds and other individuals as I was trying to take notes as we where killing back the spawn but these where ones that got my attention.

Thank you everyone who turned up I am hoping to have some screen shots soon.

And anyone who missed Papua as I said I believe there still going on Terithian Keep so go lend a hand.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Event is tomorrow Saturday 15th March and should start approximately 10am

[/ QUOTE ]

Well damn, I missed the notice, what a night to be out not compulsively refreshing my browser..

I

imported_DarkVoid

<blockquote><hr>

I have to go out for awhile but everyone is still bashing away at Territhian Keep trying to clear out the Obsidians from down bellow near the star room and what not.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped clean up papua it was a huge turn out the guilds I noticed with representation where

III, TBD, DP, S^R, OLD, KoV and PoC, there where also a few running around without guilds I noticed Yurgi Twinkletoes, Foblug, Lady Ishi, Bowie, Peter, Varkus and Jack. There could have been other guilds and other individuals as I was trying to take notes as we where killing back the spawn but these where ones that got my attention.

Thank you everyone who turned up I am hoping to have some screen shots soon.

And anyone who missed Papua as I said I believe there still going on Terithian Keep so go lend a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowie and Peter are my characters. I just don't post on Oceania stratics, unless it's something I really have to let someone know about. And yes, they're not in a guild, and I don't intend for them to join one.

As for the event, I dug out first Bowie, who promptly decided the spawn wasn't for a spellweaving mage, and the call therefore went out to Peter. He tried a Rune Beetle, but that didn't go too well, so he got his White Wyrm out. Stayed around killing stuff and avoiding getting targetted for a while but had to leave around 11AM to refresh his gear.

I went back at 3:30PM but it's all gone now lol. If there's anything left of Terra Keep to clean out I might be at the bank on Rocky, my smith, who's trying like mad to achieve Legendary Blacksmith status.

A little about me: I mostly hunt and sort loot from IDOCs, I own 4 castles, the last recently acquired, and plan on trying to get a better luck suit than I currently have for my tamer. IE fully medable with 100% LRC and 1200+ luck so he isn't so dependent on reagents.

I'm looking for a buyer who might appreciate approximately a thousand (I might keep some myself) gift items from various years. If you're interested, let me know.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came along and killed a few for about 15 mins, but im using the stupid 'rub your finger on' mouse on my laptop, and its realy bad for playing UO.

So i didnt hang around long.

G

i missed it! i ended up not sleeping in but going to the farmers markets n mitre 10 instead came home to the 'we've cleaned it out' post!!!
sucks for me but yay for you guys

Mungo of Minoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lady Amathist for a well organised event. It has given me a great respect for PoC a very fine guild. My character was lady Ishi and I am also a member of OLD the abandoned remnants of ORB. It was fantastic to see the teamwork, comradeship and good spirit shown during the clearing of Papua. How good is it to be able to slip through from moonglow to the mage shop in Papua again just like in the good old days. Just shows what we can achieve when we band together under good leadership. I will wear the sash with pride and be grateful to have been part of a great morning of murder and mayhem.

G

And i shall bury my face in my hands and sob because i was not there. Ammy better of taken loads of pics!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lady Amathist for a well organised event. It has given me a great respect for PoC a very fine guild. My character was lady Ishi and I am also a member of OLD the abandoned remnants of ORB. It was fantastic to see the teamwork, comradeship and good spirit shown during the clearing of Papua. How good is it to be able to slip through from moonglow to the mage shop in Papua again just like in the good old days. Just shows what we can achieve when we band together under good leadership. I will wear the sash with pride and be grateful to have been part of a great morning of murder and mayhem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the kind words Lady Ishi, it was a pleasure to meet you and speak to you during the clean up, your healing skills where very much appreciated. I can not take all the credit for the event my guild helped out alot.

Lord Calios marked me a whole heap of runes, Lady Anne Bonny was responsible for the sashes and actually the items I was dropping on the ground where donated by Lady Agathe of KoL a little while ago for guild use. I just packaged it all together but they did most of the leg work for me.

I hope everyone else took a sash to remember the day by, as it is a wonderful achievement I feel ....but then again when we do anything together as a shard I feel that pride but its nice to have something to remember the day by.

As for pictures Lady Katlene sorry to say I did not take any myself BUT I believe some of PoC did so I am hoping to have some to share with everyone shortly.

And I may even be able to get some quotes together from some people who attended the event for an article for you or something.

Sorry to those that missed the Papua Clean Up - the territhian keep is still swarmed I believe as it proved a little more tricky....But I believe with a good organized event with lost of structure it could be done.............so who knows that might be our next target.

G

Sounds good to me (as long as im on!!) hahaah
so nothing happened when paupa was done? no final boss? no chiming of bells? cheers from the paupian citizens?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sounds good to me (as long as im on!!) hahaah
so nothing happened when paupa was done? no final boss? no chiming of bells? cheers from the paupian citizens?

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually there was nothing that really signified it was OVER, the guards did return to the town but that was about it.

We did a little cheering if that counts *grins*, also I have updated the first post as I forgot to mention C*S as a guild sorry to the members from that guild who attended.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I came along and killed a few for about 15 mins, but im using the stupid 'rub your finger on' mouse on my laptop, and its realy bad for playing UO.

So i didnt hang around long.

[/ QUOTE ]

What character and guild did you represent my lady? I did not mean to leave you out of my post and will add you to the final news write up if you let me know.

G

We all play UO for many reasons. Some for the friendships they have made, some for the action and thrill of PvP, some for the roleplay and some to see thier characters develop.

Sometimes an event takes place that we will remember for years to come. Today was certainly one of those times for me.

After 9 years playing I look back to some of the great mock wars I have been in, some great tourneys and tournaments and some great roleplaying events. To be honest there would only be 3 or 4 that I cherish, however today gives me another one to my list...the day the Ocenaia Shard fought back and won Papua!

I wanted to thank everyone who paricipated and to those who helped organise. A special thanks goes out to Cap'n Amathist for driving us all to do it. You really are an inspirational leader Ama and Im really proud to be a part of PoC.

I look forward to future events!

G

I don't really know what to say to that Lion your praise is not needed or asked for, but thank you. I have known you a very long time so to hear you speak of me in high regard means alot to me. And to hear you enjoyed an event so much is a fantastic added bonus.

G

Try clean out fel while you are at it. Tell OMG that you are doing it, should make for a jolly fun afternoon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Try clean out fel while you are at it. Tell OMG that you are doing it, should make for a jolly fun afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you get all the PVPers together to clean up fel and make an event of it?

G

but ammy pvp-ers dont play well with others. i couldnt see them doing anywhere near as well as us 'trammies' *grins*

G

<blockquote><hr>

but ammy pvp-ers dont play well with others. i couldnt see them doing anywhere near as well as us 'trammies' *grins*

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess that depends how much they want an event and if there up to the challenge *grins* I could even have some spare sashes left over for them *giggles*

I

imported_thenow

As a pvper n a pvmer, I was there. I was there a bit in the morning , had to go, then i came back for terra battles. It was fun. Optim Mystic likes to vary his playstyle.

If it was Fel , I'd be helping kill OMG for sure :p