• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clean Up Papua - Day, Week, Month?

G

Well in Australia we have Clean up Australia day where everyone gets involved to pick up rubbish and make our land greener.

So with all the call for Papua to be cleaned I say we make it into an event.

Should we have:-

Clean up Papua Day?
Clean up Papua Week?
or
Clean up Papua Month?

I will even organize some marked sashes or robes for participants and try to plan some scheduled times for raids on Papua.

I have decided I sucketh muchly at trying to find old information and threads as I tried to track down some information on Papua invasion and just could not find anything related.

I also want to know what it is we have to achieve to clean up papua and can it still be done?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ignore whoever this person is ammy, we all know that people like to be given things for doing things. Its all you ever heard at em events gimme gimme gimme (thats a funny show btw)
I think its a grand idea!

Over a week might be good and we could set a time and a place for everyone to meet each night. That was everyone can have a go at getting stuck into the buggers and not worry about missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my thought was to kind of make it like the Britanian Royal Guards but have it be the Papua Clean Up Crew or something.

Katlene do you happen to have a link some place safely stored away to Papua information that we can post in this thread?

G

not that i know about. ill have a dig through my news stuff and see if i can find anything. i cant even remember what it was all about and i was there haha!!

E

eric23

It wa part of the Ophidian invasion, the other city that also was invaded was Vesper. Both in tram and Fel. Vesper was returned to it former glory, however Papua is still teaming with Ophidians and will require the shard to cleanse it as UO has not. Otherwise it would have been treated the same as Vesper was.
Pls make it a Saturday. i'm available Saturdays. Just a thought, maybe nice to try your new dragons out? looking to take mine .... hehe.
Hope this helps what you were looking to find.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which Papua?

Tram = Invaded by Ophidys...
Fel = Invaded by Savages...

I'm almost sure that the savages are a permanent fixture in Fel Papua, so trying to defeat them is pointless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Which Papua?

Tram = Invaded by Ophidys...
Fel = Invaded by Savages...

I'm almost sure that the savages are a permanent fixture in Fel Papua, so trying to defeat them is pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you kind of answered your own question, it would be Tram Papua invaded by Ophidyins.

I am willing to set this for the most popular day or to run it over a week or so for set times so that everyone gets a chance.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye... thought so, just didn't want you guys to go beating on savages thinking you were going to force em out... ITS THEIR TOWN NOWS!

L

La'Femme

you need a mixture of ophid slayers and high mana leech slayers as on some the non slayers do more damage than the slayers, you then need kill the spawn including a certain % (near 100%) of the generals, til brood queens spawn and once you knock em down you will spawn a berserker, which will need mystic weapons to kill it, after killing it you may then get another 2-3 rounds of spawn before you even dent it, so unless you have people there in a concerted effort one go at it will probably not suffice. It needs to be continuous until all is gone and the main spawn stops re-spawning. After you kill the last berserker it will be clear. You will know you're getting close when the spawn tends to be the weaker stuff each round.

Only half the town needs clearing so maybe it wont be as bad as the full town.

It can be done by 3-4 people if they stay there all day, as myself and another cleared out pretty much all of serpents hold in tram and fel in the initial invasion, but to do with small numbers you need pretty much major mana leech, whirlwind attacks and high parry chars who can xheal effectively. plus stay there for a good 10 hrs.

People have tried to organise this before but given the dismal numbers on this shard unless you yourself have a good few friends with tough chars it will be a wash out as all the last ones have been. It is not suitable for new chars or chars who drop dead too easy or who only have an hour to spare.

G

fabulous advice thankyou!! might have to dig out a mystic wep for my panja

G

Thank you so much for the advice, I think we can rustle up the numbers *looks at guild list and alliance* and if my guild does not have enough members I am sure the other Oceanian's interested in cleaning up Papua will help.

I think we just have to get organized so who is interested? and what days suit most?

G

I just found this report on <font color="brown">Britannia News Network: </font>
CLICK HERE

<blockquote><hr>

Ophidians Attack!
Saax Pannae Jun 21 2007 3:17PM

Sneaking around and slinking up behind unsuspecting victims, Ophidians have invaded several areas of Britannia and seem to be attacking citizens at random. No pattern has yet been established for who they are attacking or why. According to eye witness reports, the Ophidians seem to be searching for someone in particular, but refuse to say who. Knowledge on why these overgrown snakes are roaming around on the outskirts of our fair towns and villages is scarce, though there may be a connection to the recent rash of missing persons reports originating from the cutpurse community.

Even the well fortified source of most of Britannia’s fighting population isn’t immune from these forays. Serpent’s Hold has reported Ophidians roughing up sketchy looking characters outside of the castle gates, though the snakes have yet to make any attempt to attack the Hold itself. Ophidian behavior is exceedingly difficult to predict, but there is hope that these minor incursions are not an omen of something much worse to come.

Notoriously reclusive, Ophidians are not known for traveling much farther than the mountain pass that leads to their home. Almost all contact with the Ophidians in recent years has been met with violence, as if they are protecting something of great value.

Papua, being the closest human settlement to Ophidian territory, has for years been wary of having the ferocious looking snakes only a short horseback ride away. Lost Lands experts who are native to Papua believe that the Ophidians are not likely to be a major threat unless first provoked, however this recent activity calls that assumption into question. An Ophidian invasion does not yet seem imminent, though the pickpockets of Britannia may not necessarily agree with that assessment.

In any case, BNN will be sure to stay on top of this developing story. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, or even a bunch of overgrown marauding snakes shall keep us from delivering the latest news directly to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

And this one (sorry for the double post) also found on <font color="brown"> Britannia News Network: </font> CLICK HERE

<blockquote><hr>

Ophidian Skirmish Escalates into Open War
Saax Pannae Jul 14 2006 4:58PM

Ophidian raiding parties are now advancing on the towns of Vesper and Papua where they are being met by small organized groups of citizens protecting their home. The young, old and infirm are currently fleeing these two towns under heavy guard in what so far appears to be a calm and orderly evacuation. The cause behind the escalating Ophidian violence is still not certain.

Details from the front are scarce, but the Ophidians are being reported as fighting with extreme vehemence, bordering on a full out Berserker fighting style. Whatever has these warriors whipped up into such a frenzy must be highly important to the Ophidians, but our front line reporters are having a hard time getting even one Ophidian to calm down enough to make a coherent comment on the situation.

A high ranking government official has told us under condition of anonymity, “We are treating these attacks very seriously. If the Ophidians want war, we are prepared to do a number of things. Needless to say, plans to marshal our main fighting force are well underway. We have very deep pockets for which to wage war upon the Ophidians unlike anything they’ve seen.”

There has been no official comment from the government.

Others believe that this crisis can still be solved with diplomacy by attempting to understand what is behind this invasion. Naka Gerou, widely regarded as an expert on Ophidians, says, “While the Ophidians are certainly capable of a large and powerful military operation, I am quite puzzled at the recent turn of events. True, there have been some recent provocations on our part, but nothing of the sort that hasn’t been ignored in the past.” Mr. Gerou is referring to the constant incursions by adventurers into Ophidian territory, as well as the attack on an Ophidian Brood Queen not long ago.

“If what I am hearing is true, I believe that someone or something they consider to be very provocative is driving them to attack us so fiercely.”

Perhaps if the source of Ophidian anger is discovered, a prolonged conflict can be averted.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this - I am just trying to give everyone some back ground sorry its a bit lengthy

<blockquote><hr>

Success on the Front Lines!
Saax Pannae Aug 24 2006 8:04PM

News has reached the BNN that the Court Ambassador has successfully negotiated a reduction of forces with the Ophidian queens, after turning over the “Zenith Scion,” an artifact the Ophidians seemed desperate to gain back. Readers may remember that its theft from the Ophidians allegedly sparked what has now been one of the most prolonged wars Britannia has seen in modern times.

Other news indicates that a special gathering of mages from Wind has managed to restore teleportation and protection spells around the cities of Skara Brae, Serpent’s Hold, and Vesper. However, Papua remains isolated both magically and by the remnants of the withdrawing Ophidian army, and we hope for more information soon.

Truly, today marks an extraordinary day in what has been an extraordinary course of events. Many cities suffering under the invasion have been freed from their oppressors by the combined military might of the local militias and volunteers who’ve fought valiantly against the Ophidian horde.

An ambassador representing the Ophidians will meet soon with the Britannian government, and we hope to see a resolution of the situation still plaguing Papua, where the military has just begun focusing its efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any more information anyone can find would be great - perhaps even if you know someone from another shard who has cleaned out Papua.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I missed something, why're we cleaning up Papua?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically because it was suggested and people want to and it is still invaded....I don't like snakes?........is that enough reasons?

G

If it was luna then i wouldnt worru about cleaning it up, but its paupa!! was so cool going there. its like playing in a tree house :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Kinda like it the way it is..

[/ QUOTE ]

We can not leave some of Britannia's people homeless or pushed out of there home by these snake people.....I mean they where already lost for god knows how long it would be insult to injury to leave them invaded by slippery slaughtering slithery snakes (say that 10 times fast).

G

that that that that that that that that that that

bahahha

*runs*

G

<blockquote><hr>

If it was luna then i wouldnt worru about cleaning it up, but its paupa!! was so cool going there. its like playing in a tree house :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it's even more fun.

There's always the Felucca side if you want to play treehouse.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

that that that that that that that that that that

bahahha

*runs*

[/ QUOTE ]

*Giggles*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it's even more fun.

There's always the Felucca side if you want to play treehouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you have to take your chances with the savages and come on they have fleas and they smell and ..... there not snakes....must bash the snake men.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Then you have to take your chances with the savages

[/ QUOTE ]

Slop on some kin paint?

<blockquote><hr>

must bash the snake men.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know they were probably there first, long before Papua was invaded by humans.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Then you have to take your chances with the savages

[/ QUOTE ]

Slop on some kin paint?

<blockquote><hr>

must bash the snake men.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know they were probably there first, long before Papua was invaded by humans.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> ACK.... and wreck my complexion I think not........as for them being there first, well if they manage to keep it after we try and clean it up they can have it. But I am a pirate we do not mind concurring things and I really do not like snakes.</font>

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a pet snake. Shes pretty. I like snakes, poor snakes

Bad bad pirates!

Mind you, ill prolly join in *Giggles*

G

but these snakes have arms and hand and septers!! its not right...

G

<blockquote><hr>

but these snakes have arms and hand and septers!! its not right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right its un-natural and so skin crawlingly wrong.....they must die.

G

As it is Lady Kat's birthday this week and there will be celebrations for that I was thinking I could organize the "Clean Up Papua Week" for next week starting Monday and Running to Sunday.

I am going to make Sashes for participants what colour from the reward cloths would you like to see?

I was thinking a hunting party could leave Cove Docks each night at about 7pm and possibly more times on the Saturday &amp; Sunday - this event will be sponsered by PoC and hopefully aided by OPEN ( I am yet to ask Cymmy but I will).

Is anyone interested and does anyone have any sugestions?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Snake skin coloured!

[/ QUOTE ]

So one of the reward green colours? or black? or gees I don't know snakes come in too many colours.....*shivers thinking about too many snakes*

G

well Cymmy pointed out to me that Papua will basically reset every night if we do not manage to clean it out........so if we bash away on monday but do not clean it out on tuesday it will be back to square one.

So I am going to concentrate on a weekend event Saturday &amp; Sunday if we have not cleaned it out on Saturday.

I hope this suits most.

F

five oclock

Ok if its 7PM your time ...what time would that be for me? I live on the Pacific Coast in the States : this does sound like and time to remove some dust off some of me chars on this world

E

eric23

May I ask ... what are you looking to say on these sashes your planning on handing out?? I was part of Papua's cleanup party? anyway im ok for saturday, i'll check here for what time your looking to start.

G

<blockquote><hr>

May I ask ... what are you looking to say on these sashes your planning on handing out?? I was part of Papua's cleanup party?

[/ QUOTE ]

"I committed xenocide in Papua and all I got was this lousy sash"

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

May I ask ... what are you looking to say on these sashes your planning on handing out?? I was part of Papua's cleanup party?

[/ QUOTE ]

"I committed xenocide in Papua and all I got was this lousy sash"

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm and here I thought it was the thought that counts, I guess that is one quote we could try and do but I was just going to write something like "Papua Clean UP" I am yet to work it out as I can not quite remember how many character spaces are aloud when naming a character. As they will be made by soul stoning skills and making a character with the name wanted to mark.

SO far the event is going to be planed for Saturday 15th March (and if needed sunday 16th) but I was thinking of making it a day event where people can just pop in and out of papua as they wish. I will drop the sashes around papua so not everyone will get one but a few will and I may try and get together some other items to drop randomly as well.

is everyone ok with that? any more sugestions?

Queen Aglaranna

2011 Winter Deco Contest
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you have to take your chances with the savages and come on they have fleas and they smell and ..... there not snakes....must bash the snake men.

[/ QUOTE ]

*starts chanting* Kill the Snakes Kill the Snakes Kill the Snakes

G

Tina Small sent me this tip in a PM today - hopefully it helps.

<blockquote><hr>

Also, I was trying to find some old threads for you regarding the ophidian invasion. Baja was very slow to clean up Papua too, but we finally did. I posted for about a week beforehand that we were going to do something one weekend and then dropped a ton of runes right beforehand and placed progress notes on the Baja forum as it was going on. We actually got a pretty fair turnout....maybe 20 people....and within about two hours cleaned up Papua in Trammel, the terathan keep in Trammel, and then Fel Papua. The secret is to get everyone to focus on just one or two areas at a time until you get them cleared and get the berzerker that spawns to signal that area is cleared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again thanks Tina for the support.

G

I am currently having the sashes made with "Clean Up Papua" on them in various shades of greenish reward cloth.

I am also getting some runes marked to be dropped about on Saturday with "Clean UP Papua Day" on them. PoC will be spending the day in Papua on Saturday and will be inviting everyone to join them.

During the day I will not only be dropping the sashes on the ground but other random prizes as well.....(lets hope I don't bite the dust lol).

So this Saturday make your way to Papua be there or be square, Its Oceania's Clean Up Papua Day. Our aim is to clean out the area's and restore Papua to its former quaint rustic community.

Help Please:
Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best suit up for this event what is the best template to bring?

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still trying to figure out all the new item mechanics, but I'll be bringing some tough plate armour and my trusty order shield.

Hoping this turns out well. Really excited and really looking forward to some social gaming.

G

I usually just take one of my tamers, the 'phids are great to train pets on, and cos you can lure just one beasty (when you're lucky =P) at a time into the building where the teleporter is, makes for great training (I'll actually miss it if we manage to clean it out LOL!)

You just want something that can stay there a long time, if you're an archer have PLENTY of arrows, some of those beasties take forever and a day to kill, they have really high hit points, and there's healers amongst them too =)

I

imported_Tina Small

Amathist, I am really going to try to join you on Saturday (assuming I can figure out the time difference haha). I'll bring my tamer and probably be lagging like all get out, since I'm halfway 'round the world from you, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Clearing out Papua itself shouldn't be too bad if it's done systematically. Now the terathan keep may be another story. I strongly suggest that once Papua Trammel is cleared out, everyone takes a 15-30 minute break to restock, refresh, blah blah. Then everyone meets up again at an agreed-upon spot and you gate everyone to the keep TOGETHER. Trying to get into the lower level of that place as a "straggler" and/or someone who is unfamiliar with it is no fun at all and you just might lose a bunch of your team in the process.

If you get 15-20 folks working on this together, I'm betting the ophidian horde can be cleared out of Trammel (Papua and the keep) and Fel (Papua) in under two hours.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Amathist, I am really going to try to join you on Saturday (assuming I can figure out the time difference haha). I'll bring my tamer and probably be lagging like all get out, since I'm halfway 'round the world from you, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Clearing out Papua itself shouldn't be too bad if it's done systematically. Now the terathan keep may be another story. I strongly suggest that once Papua Trammel is cleared out, everyone takes a 15-30 minute break to restock, refresh, blah blah. Then everyone meets up again at an agreed-upon spot and you gate everyone to the keep TOGETHER. Trying to get into the lower level of that place as a "straggler" and/or someone who is unfamiliar with it is no fun at all and you just might lose a bunch of your team in the process.

If you get 15-20 folks working on this together, I'm betting the ophidian horde can be cleared out of Trammel (Papua and the keep) and Fel (Papua) in under two hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fantastic Tina...I have not set a time as PoC will be at Papua all day so any time from 9am aest I guess....but after lunch is probably a better time. I will discuss it with the guild and see what time they all want to head out or plan to be online.

G

Well I have had approx 89 runes marked at the following location

Which if you look at this map is down the bottom to the left and had no spawn at the time.

Runes are marked with "Clean Up Papua Day" and will be dropped around the cities before poc leave to take on the spawn everyone is welcome to join us.

and thank you to calios for marking the runes for me was very kind of you and for supplying the screen shots.

G

The runes marked are actually at the Papua Stables so for all the Tamer's, the only problem you will have is to choose WHICH pet you want to use!
Thx Amathist, I'll pass the message onto Calios.....

G

Sash's are made, runes are marked...all systems go. On the day I will do a rune drop to Luna &amp; New Haven and I will also be dropping marties, arties , rares and gold so head to papua for the fun. Drops will be random and may not be made by "me" but may be made by a poc person.

I

imported_Tina Small

Hey Amathist, I remembered last night that you have a chance to get Ilshenar marties from killing the ophidian generals and maybe also the matriarchs. (I got one of those darn wooden steeds when we cleaned up Papua on Baja.) Also, the Avenger Generals and the Knight-Errant Generals are the worst of the bunch (the matriarchs aren't slouches either) and generally are going to require some teamwork to take down. I know I've killed the Avenger and Knight-Errant generals solo using a greater hiryu but it took a loooooong time (15-20 minutes) to do it. And you have to keep an eye open for healers, mages, and shamans hiding inside the buildings and keeping the generals healed.

I looked up the Terathan Keep and found two maps on Stratics: Ground Level and Underground . If memory serves, I believe you get into the underground portion via steps in the northwest corner of the building at ground level. When you get into the underground portion of the keep, it seemed like the majority of the ophidians we had to kill on Baja were in the open area designated by "A" on the map and the rooms above that area. There were a few in the maze-like area below and none at all in the rooms to the west "above" the river.

G

Thank you so much for the help Tina, thats some great information.

So are tamers the best option or can a swordsman, archer, other cope?