• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic shard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Hi Woolygimp,

While I agree with most of what you are saying...I have to jump in before an AoS/Trammel fan does, and point out that the game was "dying" on the day it went live.

I think we, as a collective community of Classic Shard fans, can better represent our point of view with less dramatic statements such as: The game is dead, the game is dying, there are _________ thousands of players that will come back, there are __________ thousands of players on free shards, etc.

I only say this because all it does is to provide those that seek to stop this from happening with an opportunity derail the discussion with arguments over pure speculation that neither side can prove. And in the end, if they don't want a Classic Shard, then their only purpose in posting in this thread is to sabotage our efforts. Think about it...by getting us to turn on one another, or to cause us to lose our tempers, they hope to get the thread locked...thereby silencing our voices.

Don't let the haters ruin this. Not just you, but everyone here that supports a Classic Shard of any kind. We have something on our side that they will never have...

...the truth.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with you Morgana. I keep getting sucked back every time I read a wildly inaccurate post, but shortly after replying realize I am just getting trolled. That is all that is happening here between the small amounts of relevant information to this issue. It is a little disheartening to see people actively fighting something that could be amazing for the game and make a lot of people happy. I suppose there will always be those who argue one side just for the sake of argument and involving themselves in a discussion that they have no place being in in the first place. All I'll say is I hope that Mythic comes at this with the correct information and is open minded. Some of us have been here since the very beginning, remained loyal throughout, and do have a clue as to what we are saying.

U

Unsatisfied

It's kinda sad that because of whats happened in recent pages the topic has gone from really discussing what wants and needs we have for a classic shard, just to a discussion about how much we hope they are still even considering it :(

T

tenduil

It's kinda sad that because of whats happened in recent pages the topic has gone from really discussing what wants and needs we have for a classic shard, just to a discussion about how much we hope they are still even considering it :(
Well considering the Dev stated they have many other projects before they even consider a classic shard along with most people are for a T2A shard the topic is done atm.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't let the haters ruin this. Not just you, but everyone here that supports a Classic Shard of any kind. We have something on our side that they will never have...

...the truth.
Oh my, that's dramatic! Which version of the Truth? Harri Krishna? Buddhist? Christian? The X Files? Is it "out there"?

Don't take it personally, I'm just yanking your chain. I can't help myself.

While I do tire of reading the same things over and over again, this debate has been generally interesting, and informative. I have no desire to see this thread locked, or to see all the supporters of the idea of a classic shard turn on each other and tear each other to ribbons, or dissolve in a puddle of expletives.

Just in case your comments were being flung in my direction... ;)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Oh my, that's dramatic! Which version of the Truth? Harri Krishna? Buddhist? Christian? The X Files? Is it "out there"?
You know Llewen, I have a long standing tradition on message boards of all kinds, including political boards, of never putting a user on the ignore list...but you are approaching that point rapidly.

While I do tire of reading the same things over and over again
As I told you in another thread, there is an easy solution this...don't read the thread.

Again, not an intelligence test anyone should fail.

Just in case your comments were being flung in my direction... ;)
I will politely decline to 'fling' anything in your direction out of respect for the other posters here that wish to see this thread continued...

...but nice try...not biting.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We won first, and then went to war.

This time it's nothing about knowledge, it's all about ethics.

When mercury will shine as bright as the moon, you will understand the meaning of those words.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't let the haters ruin this.
Of greater importance - don't let hate, from EITHER side, ruin this. Trash talk from either side of the debate is still just that - trash. Hate talk from either side is just that. Hate. And don't delude yourself that there isn't hate from both sides present in this and in other threads.

A

AesSedai

... don't let hate, from EITHER side, ruin this. Trash talk from either side of the debate is still just that - trash. Hate talk from either side is just that. Hate. And don't delude yourself that there isn't hate from both sides present in this and in other threads.
- Well said.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To lighten the mood again, and to punctuate this concensus upon the ethical side ; I think it's appropriate to post this again.

Those words, and that song, may it fill your heart with the blessings you deserve Avatar.

I feel shaky to this day when I think about the past, as if something terrible was going to happen the next instant, and sometimes I cry... I cry for all of britannia, because it as a whole has suffered from the loss of its corner stones.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTgGV5YeraE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTgGV5YeraE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Of greater importance - don't let hate, from EITHER side, ruin this. Trash talk from either side of the debate is still just that - trash. Hate talk from either side is just that. Hate. And don't delude yourself that there isn't hate from both sides present in this and in other threads.
I ask you once again Guido...what is it that you want that I, and many others here, are not agreeing to?

I think it is important that a consensus is reached.

You don't want Trammel...right?

You don't want AoS...right?

So what "hate" is coming at your from 'this side'?

I think most people posting here have been very clear that those 2 things are key, and pretty much everything else is secondary.

You have sniped at me more than once in the last few pages...just put it out there...what is it that you want?

R

Rancid Wolf

Guys, enough of this bickering, leave it. Lets talk about UO stuff.

If anyone played some of the pre T2A freeshards they might of played without mounts. It really changes the pace of PvP, prevents off screening and make fights more then... running. If anyone played a certain server they know what I'm talking about.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think mounts should be limited as well, especially in combat situations.

Back then you lagged regardless if you had a mount or not, so we had fights and only the speedhackers had a slight advantage, but often their computer limited that, so we had real epic fights.

With the new computer and ppl with super ping, I agree that mounts need to be nerfed. If you are attacked by a lone PK, your horse wouldn't be affected, but if you're in the middle of a battle field with purple pots blowing around and arrows flying, the mount needs to be maimable and armorable to add realism.

It would even add a second dimention to intimate pet bonding, the fact you could tell it to run and hide, and that it could find you after by your smell when you whistle for it, stuff like that. At some points if the horse becomes too alarmed or hurt to be effiscient, you'd jump off and start fighting on foot... like in the old days !

Can't resist but posting this... my heart still has room behind it.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kf09qUVzEBk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kf09qUVzEBk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I agree we should get to talk about tweaks again, the base consensus is pretty clear by now.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ask you once again Guido...what is it that you want that I, and many others here, are not agreeing to?

I think it is important that a consensus is reached.

You don't want Trammel...right?

You don't want AoS...right?

So what "hate" is coming at your from 'this side'?

I think most people posting here have been very clear that those 2 things are key, and pretty much everything else is secondary.

You have sniped at me more than once in the last few pages...just put it out there...what is it that you want?
First and foremost, I want you to read, and understand, everything I am typing beyond this point. Fair enough?

I really shouldn't have to repeat just what it is that I would like to see as a server. It's out there, in black and white. So...

Aside from the server?

A little bit of polite goes a long way.

Calling people stupid, when having the wrong information themselves, is not a good way to make friends and influence people. Especially when they admit they haven't even loaded the game in 7+ years.

Calling people carebears and trammies is yet another good way to alienate people. Especially when they haven't even loaded an EA server in 8+ years.

Twisting words around, while intentionally failing to digest an entire post... I could go on and on.

And in your case, I am 99.999% sure it is intentional - you are either very intelligent, or a great actress, or a very poor troll... And I like to think myself wise enough to know the difference. It's why I have called you on it a few times, since I have discounted both the actress and the troll part. Sometimes a bit obtuse, but that's a trait all people with any passion possess.

You see, I am ambivalent about the whole Trammel/Felucca debate. I was, am, and always will be, a craft orientated person. It's part of the game, and has been since the beginning. I made my gold, and my reputation, on the products I made and the services I provided. The facet split did NOT harm either of those aspects of the game for me. I still continued to do my farming on the Fel side of things. It was quieter there, and the odd PK that did harass me often found it was a really bad idea to mess with a respected member of the community.

What destroyed the game for me, as it relates to MY style of play, was AoS, and the introduction of Luna. It wasn't that I couldn't create the items - that didn't change in the least. It was that, between the one stop shopping, in a SAFE zone, and the artifacts and rares that, ultimately, went to the best players (who just happened to be my best customers before AoS), there was no reason to continue my game style, and, ultimately, no reason to play or PAY anymore, either.

I came back because of what I had read about AoS, and complete and total burnout from 8+ years of EQ, and a lack of satisfaction with the other MMO's that were out there. The difference is, now I craft for myself, although I have made the offer to help out returning players with gear. Instead of spending the majority of my time doing craft related stuff, I find myself doing mostly PvM.

And don't get me wrong - I CAN PvP. What's happening in UO now is NOT PvP. People can delude themselves all they want about it, but it's not PvP. That's one of the few things I'm not actually worried about disappearing from the prodo shards... take away faction arties, the gimplate of the day, and all the other crap that AoS led to, and a lot of the current PvP crowd wouldn't fare all that well...

Bottom line - what I want, and what I'm sure a lot of very silent people would like, in regards to this topic, is just a touch more civility, tinctured with a bit of polite, and a bit of intelligence. Because I, for one, have no use for people that can't spell the words are, your, you're, etc. Language barriers can be understood. Dork speak doesn't fly.

What I want, more than anything, is a reason to believe that if this server comes to pass, it won't be populated by a bunch of jerks, griefers, idiots, and trash talking gankers with nothing better to do than harass people that like to fill a different niche of society than swinging blades at each other. Or that there is at least some type of recourse that can, and WILL, be actively enforced.

The ball's in your court, Morgana. Reluctantly or not, voluntary or not, you're the spokesperson for this server. It's as much up to you to lead by example as it is for Cal to push the EA bean counters, and as it would be for all those that don't pay, don't play, but feel they deserve a say, to put up or shut up. Because every cheap shot, no matter how minor it's meant to be, or how humorous someone may feel it is, is just more ammunition for the people that are totally against a classic server. Because it reminds them about all the bad things *classic times* represented. And that's regardless of if anyone wants to think they are valid or not. In everyone's mind, their own experience and memories are just as valid as the person sitting next to them, or on the other end of the net connection.

D

dum3886

The issue about whether the shard will be filled with jerks or not isn't an issue at all. No one is forcing u to play. If people want to play with a shard of jerks why not? I have people i dun like on my shard but i play with them still.. actually i pvp against them more than other people. Doesn't matter if they liek to gank it is a challenge, something UO has been missing for the last oo 10,000 years.

People want change, and it is clear that people have been voting with their money as the population is growing thinner by the second. Mystic didn't mention a classic shard bcz it just felt like it.. it obviously realized that something needed to be done or UO will be dead within a few years. Why would EA keep a shard alive when the population continues to shrink every year?

According to Wikipedia - yes not 100% reliable but I believe based on minor issues like this it is a reasonable source. No one is gonna try alter the future of UO by using wikipedia, honestly.
2003 population ~ 250,000
last reported (lets give UO the benefit of the doubt and say it was in 2009) ~ 135,000

Compounding that per year... thats approximately a 8-9% decline in population per year.

Give it 3 more years population will be almost 100,000 and GG axed.

In the end everyone is looking for the same thing.. to keep UO alive... no one will force anyone to join the classic shard... if u argue that u r sacred it will draw people away from the current production shard... well if it does successfully do that it obviously means the game offers more to people than people currently think and maybe u yourself will move to the shard if u find it 10x better than the current UO. Yes u lose your items.. big deal.. ive given up my uo items 3 times already... doesn't take long to get back into the game unless ur a rare collector.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be fair to politely request a definite yes or no from Cal.

I think EA would not want to compete against and be compared to the Freeshards, which are scriptor free, speeder free and subscription free. The major freeshards are more stable and are more likely to survive longer than EA shards, as UO was going to be shutdown pre-Mythic.

An Only Fel shard with insurance is the way forward. Seige has shown that pvpers want to have insurance. This will take 1 day to implement, not 1.5 years of development and then another year of bug fixing.

D

dum3886

OO wow never thought i'd see that name again HD :p... u still active? I swear when i quit i hadn't seen u in ages :S

U

Unsatisfied

I think it would be fair to politely request a definite yes or no from Cal.

I think EA would not want to compete against and be compared to the Freeshards, which are scriptor free, speeder free and subscription free. The major freeshards are more stable and are more likely to survive longer than EA shards, as UO was going to be shutdown pre-Mythic.

An Only Fel shard with insurance is the way forward. Seige has shown that pvpers want to have insurance. This will take 1 day to implement, not 1.5 years of development and then another year of bug fixing.
No no no no no no sorry no! Insurance is one of the biggest no no's imaginable! And I'm sure almost everyone in this post will and have already agreed there. Risk vs reward. A death should mean something and slow you down if only untill you restock. Insurance helps kill an econemy, especially the crafting world.

As far as people on seige wanting insurance, I don't play it but I can see why they would want it cos it's aos rules, to be any competition I'm sure you need good gear which is extremely costly to lose. But this aos, gear uber gear based game is exactly what were trying to lose.

Insurance = no

U

Unsatisfied

Guys, enough of this bickering, leave it. Lets talk about UO stuff.

If anyone played some of the pre T2A freeshards they might of played without mounts. It really changes the pace of PvP, prevents off screening and make fights more then... running. If anyone played a certain server they know what I'm talking about.

Anyone have an opinion on this?
I absolutely love uo without mounts, this issue has come uo very briefly a couple of times in this thread and although it's not a deal breaker either way for me I'd much rather no mounts :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I absolutely love uo without mounts, this issue has come uo very briefly a couple of times in this thread and although it's not a deal breaker either way for me I'd much rather no mounts :)
See this is where things start to fall apart. Whose version of a "classic" shard? UO has always had mounts as far back as I can remember. If you are going to start changing the game, does that defeat the whole concept of a classic shard?

Sid Meier gave the keynote address at GDC 2010. One of the interesting things he said is that you have to essentially read between the lines to try and figure out what gamers are really telling you when they give you feedback. One thing that is coming through loud and clear to me in this whole classic shard debate is that there is a significant group of people that want a simpler game than the UO we have now.

For me I appreciate elegant simplicity, but I love intricate game design and details, which would be one reason why I consider today's UO to be a much better game than it was ten years ago. But as the cliché goes, to each their own...

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm baffled by what a troll you are on this thread, Llewen. Do you actually have a new and valid point to this discussion or are you just fishing for another "well-crafted" with regurgitated thoughts and debates? You've made it clear what your stance is on the potential classic shard. We get it. Thank you.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm baffled by what a troll you are on this thread, Llewen. Do you actually have a new and valid point to this discussion or are you just fishing for another "well-crafted" with regurgitated thoughts and debates? You've made it clear what your stance is on the potential classic shard. We get it. Thank you.
And I "get" that when someone disagrees with you, or points out flaws in your arguments, they become a "troll".

Would you like me to make a list of what I've posted in this thread in point form? I might have repeated myself once or twice, but generally when I post I post because I feel I have something to add to the discussion. Whether you like what I have to say or not is your problem, not mine.

And yes, I've had a bit of fun once or twice as well. It's pretty hard not to respond with a joke when someone claims to have "the truth" on their side in a discussion such as the one we're having in this thread. Maybe when I post a list of the points I've made in this thread I could also make a list of the personal insults and trolls that have been fired off in my direction... ;)

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OO wow never thought i'd see that name again HD :p... u still active? I swear when i quit i hadn't seen u in ages :S
Hey Nush :) It has been ages. Still active? Not since Jan.

As far as people on seige wanting insurance, I don't play it but I can see why they would want it cos it's aos rules, to be any competition I'm sure you need good gear which is extremely costly to lose. But this aos, gear uber gear based game is exactly what were trying to lose...
Siege has shown because of its lack of players as opposed to production shards, that "paying" pvpers want insurance. With uber faction arties and imbuing anyone can make a very good suit cheaply.

S

SoulStealer A.O

Free Shards are not free from people who use scripts. One of the major problems with everyone I have ever played is script PvP tor synch dumps and other nonsense. Hell there is entire hacked versions of the client that people use. Freeserver UO pvp is 75% about cheating which is why a lot of the folks who flocked to freeservers from 2004-2006 have taken a hiatus.

The major benefit with an EA server is the fact that the client with be restricted and these "hacked" versions won't be useable. If they are, hopefully action is taken.

Secruity is never a real issue with freeshards, unless you play a crappy one. But a professional server does have a better feel to it overall. As far as subscription goes, most of the folks who love classic UO are far from 16 years old anymore and can afford 15 bucks a month.

U

Unsatisfied

See this is where things start to fall apart. Whose version of a "classic" shard? UO has always had mounts as far back as I can remember. If you are going to start changing the game, does that defeat the whole concept of a classic shard?
So you completely missed the part where I said its not a deal breaker? you just read the parts you felt like reading? We all have little things that we would like to see happen BUT pages and pages ago a massive majority agreed on a ruleset that we were happy with, everyone had a cpl of things they said they would like but they were left as a side note as simple suggestions but no one really cared if they were overlooked.

Again I'm sure in my post I said a couple of times I like the idea of mountless pvp but I dont care either way. So no I'm not demanding they change the game.

U

Unsatisfied

Hey Nush :) It has been ages. Still active? Not since Jan.

Siege has shown because of its lack of players as opposed to production shards, that "paying" pvpers want insurance. With uber faction arties and imbuing anyone can make a very good suit cheaply.
But again, Siege is people playing with "uber" items. This is missing the whole point of our beg for a classic shard. I guarentee you will have little to no support for insurance on a classic shard. Whats the point of a crafter if everyone gets a suit of invul armour and a vanq weapon and insures it? Repairing. Thats it. Youve just cut out a massive play style who arnt going to be very happy with insurance. Next on the list what to people get for killing someone in battle? a little bit of gold and some regs, half the fun of pvping against someone who had a vanq and good armour in the classic days was that if you were good enough to best them, they lost the items they were using. Again risk vs reward, thats one of the key parts of classic UO.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I think rather than bickering and attacking each other, we need to re-focus.

Guido is right, I have let myself get mired down in the muck slinging, and this thread was not supposed to devolve into that.

So, with that said...I am going to re-list what I think are the "must haves" for a Classic Shard...based on what has been said previously.

- T2A Ruleset and Landmass
- Necessary bug fixes through current day, as applicable to the era being represented
- No expansion skills (Bushido, Chiv, Necro, etc.)
- Fel ruleset only
- Proper penalties for rampant PKing (Stat loss...possibly on death instead of rez, no use of towns other than Buc's Den, can only rez by player or at chaos shrine)
- Maintanence and future updates by the dev staff including the implementation of tougher penalties for out of control PKing if not solved by what is listed above
- No neon colors, artifacts, garrish tilesets, etc...the shard should LOOK classic as well
- No powerscrolls
- No transfers to or from the shard
- No AoS item properties
- Skill and Stat locks
- Guildstones...even if decorative only

And still being debated...

- Custom housing
- Pet Control slots/bonding
- Future addition of Ilshenar
- Exact housing rules (texas justice, current access list system, original free-for-all sytem)
- Apparently now mounts have come into question ??? I would refuse to play on a shard without mounts...but this is not only about me

Some ideas that have been thrown out that should be considered...

- Better mechanics for player run towns
- Better bounty system
- Order vs. Chaos (or even the Good vs. Evil system that was discussed prior to UO:R)
- Allowing an additional house on this shard that does not affect current houses

Is there anything I have forgotten to include? Is there anything anyone would like to add to this list?

T

tenduil

Great synopsis Morgana.
I think perhaps a good idea to look at it is to set a hard date, update, or publish and make 'classic' that time frame.

For instance Publish 1 is pretty much the limit for the free server I play on and addresses many of the concerns. No Factions, No Trammel, etc.

Rather than pick and choose features (which is a custom server not classic) why not pick a solid date or publish? It doesn't have to be that one (though that corresponds to the vote's..) as long as its a solid date/publish to prevent bickering.

Horses were in T2A and were used. Whether or not players at the time utilized them as much as they do now is a difference in play style not facts on the time frame.

Custom Housing was not part of T2A or what pretty much anybody considers 'classic' and therefore should not be included. Opinion? Yes but one held by the majority.

Order vs Chaos is part of T2A and should be included.

For those of you unsure of what was and was not a part of T2A or what most people consider 'classic' I recommend you do a google search for UO The Second Age and choose the link that seems the most appropriate... You will find a wealth of information and debated topics covering ALL of this along with well referenced information.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So you completely missed the part where I said its not a deal breaker? you just read the parts you felt like reading?
No, I didn't miss it, take a deep breath. I'm perfectly capable of missing things, but I didn't miss that. I'm just saying once again, that it is going to be a challenge for the devs find that rules set that will make as many of the classic shard enthusiasts happy as possible, and in fact no matter what they do there are going to be a number of people that aren't happy, you can pretty much take that to the bank.

Beyond that, do they even have the information available that will tell them exactly what the rules were at any point in the history of the game? There are an awful lot of details they will have to sort out, and if what I've heard in the past is true, a lot of the assets that went into creating the game in the first place have been lost. I know I've read that the original models that a lot of the original art was based on have been lost. What else has been lost?

I'm not saying that any of this is a reason not to create to a classic shard. I'm just repeating what I have already said, it is going to be a challenge, both technically, and in terms of making as many people as possible happy.

And while we're on the topic of reading the parts you felt like reading. I'm clearly being painted as the villain in this thread. I have been accused of trolling, when I have in fact made a number of statements supporting the idea of a classic shard. But the "halo effect" can be a two edged sword, not only is the subject of the effect often seen as all good, anyone who says anything negative, even if they also make positive statements, tend to be represented, and misrepresented, as being entirely opposed, and become "the enemy".

It's one of the phenomena that occurs when a body falls victim to groupthink. I'm not particularly upset about it, I find it academically interesting, and somewhat funny to be honest, considering that the subject in this case isn't exactly what you'd call a matter of life and death. :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Rather than pick and choose features (which is a custom server not classic) why not pick a solid date or publish? It doesn't have to be that one (though that corresponds to the vote's..) as long as its a solid date/publish to prevent bickering.
This may well be what the devs decide to do (assuming they decide to do anything at all).

But...as Llewen rightly pointed out before, it is doubtful that the devs are going to be able to do this by just using an old server backup. They have claimed they don't have the code any longer...and even if they did, it might actually be more work to blank a shard created from a backup, and then implement bug fixes...rather than taking the existing code and working backward to sort of simulate a classic environment. If that is what they have to do, then it might not be possible to make everything exactly like it was back then. But I think they could come up with a close enough approximation to satisfy the conditions we all seem to have agreed upon here...especially the 'deal breakers', even if it means certain features that have been added since T2A have to stay in place.

T

tenduil

Though I'm no programmer or IT person why then can a free shard create a T2A era accurate server? Somebody mentioned the script is different between what the freeshards use and what EA uses yet how different can it be? The free server I play on has zero issues, looks just like the real deal when I played, and has all the updates/fixes required. Where is the difficulty?

I don't see the difficulty in sorting through the details when you pick a solid date/publish. The information is out there and easily available. Again when a free server can put it together for FREE how could EA not spend a minimal amount of time and get one up and running.

Again I am not a software developer or anything but I'm just looking at it from a players POV.

I just figure from a cost-benefit analysis that it would be worth it. <shrug>

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks mr. Llewen a.k.a. mr. Obvious...

rolleyes:

Looks like you did it again, you said basically nothing with long phrases, like politicians do... so why does it need to be so political ?

Nobody thinks you're the enemy rofl... thats being less than humble. It's just everyone clearly sees you could have been conscructive, while you're all trying to sound important and make this about you and "good and bad" well I got news for you we started a thread about that.

This thread is about discussing options, add ons... stuff that the devs might read and be able to apply. This is wishfun thinking, and not a sociological experiment for you. For us it gives us hope and lets us imagine the good ol days, because we know we're not alone.

Thanks for taking this like a mature man and moving on if you have nothing to add. We already know thats its useless to actually argue about if they're gonna do it or not... :gee:

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So, with that said...I am going to re-list what I think are the "must haves" for a Classic Shard...based on what has been said previously.

- Necessary bug fixes through current day, as applicable to the era being represented
- Fel ruleset only
- Proper penalties for rampant PKing (Stat loss...possibly on death instead of rez, no use of towns other than Buc's Den, can only rez by player or at chaos shrine)
- Maintanence and future updates by the dev staff including the implementation of tougher penalties for out of control PKing if not solved by what is listed above
- No neon colors, artifacts, garrish tilesets, etc...the shard should LOOK classic as well
- No powerscrolls
- No AoS item properties
- Skill and Stat locks
100% agree with all of the above

- Custom housing Only if it's classic style tiles - and I acknowledge LJ and others issue with turret houses - I don't have a solution
- Pet Control slots/bonding I can live with no bonding, and I'm not steadfast in control slots that are as limited as they are now - but am against unlimited slots.
- Future addition of Ilshenar Indifferent - if the population supports it, cool.
- Exact housing rules (texas justice, current access list system, original free-for-all sytem) Indifferent - although basic security is a must.
- Apparently now mounts have come into question ??? I would refuse to play on a shard without mounts...but this is not only about me this would be a deal breaker for me - no mounts, no interest.

- Better bounty system
- Order vs. Chaos (or even the Good vs. Evil system that was discussed prior to UO:R)
- Allowing an additional house on this shard that does not affect current houses This would be a deal sealer for me. I'd make a 110% effort if I knew that, for whatever reason, the server either failed, or I wasn't happy with it, a revert to the old system was there.

Is there anything I have forgotten to include? Is there anything anyone would like to add to this list?
Excellent rebound, and excellent re-starting point for discussion. Well done.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
POV... :lol:

I have a solution for turret houses... if a player remains in their house and accumulates kill counts after a certain point, let there be an option to "siege" the house for the players who have died and now came back to complete the fight.

It's balanced, cannot be abused, and fixes the issue. They are put on a temporary "friend" list and can swarm the house and loot the inhabitants, after a certain timer is over, they get kicked out of the house again. This is very easy to code and has minimal repercussion and will make players think twice before killing people from their house.

But I'm still against private houses... so I'm a little biased here ; but that could be a good countermeasure. I think allowing only a few secures that show up as hidden chests (not visible for normal player) and deco lockdown, thats it. Else we lose the whole dynamic guild against guild side of the equation... ? What do you think ?

K

Keep Hope Alive

Is the problem with "turret houses" because they are set to private and those on the outside cannot get in? Or are they set to public, but the construction and/or decorations allow people to hide inside so that it is hard for people outside to find the "spot" to attack them with a spell or whatever?

If it is a matter of "private houses" there should be no private houses whatsoever allowed in the Classic Shard with or without customizable houses. Invisible barrier (private) houses are annoying and unrealistic.

If all houses are "Texas Law" then the only way they can be private is to lock the front door. If a customizable house is public, can't people on the outside get inside or come up with a creative way to kill the cowardly "house hiders" inside? Or just leave the house and go someplace far away from the house to do the fighting? Aren't a lot of the "house hiders" and "turret houses" found in Luna anyways? I played on Siege a while ago and Luna is where most of the house hiding took place. Also, I remember people being able to come up with creative ways to launch spells at me when I was on the 3rd floor of my customized house minding my own business. So, if you really must get a house hider, there must be a creative way to be able to attack them from the outside. If it gets too annoying then just leave and let them chase you to another battlefield.

But anyways, customizable houses to me are not a "must have" with a Classic Shard. I just want my Classic Shard with houses you get from deeds. Even the Large Marble, Small tower, etc. houses can be thrown in there and I would be happy, but make them so that you have to buy them as a deed.

Our Classic Shard is coming soon.

Keep Hope Alive.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

why then can a free shard create a T2A era accurate server?
The real issue is that the Free shards out there don't operate on the same server code (the actual programming language) as EA/Mythic shards. In some ways, that's a good thing. The two emulators I have looked at and played around with are very easy to use, and very easy to maintain and customize. But they are not designed to run across multiple physical servers...like the EA shards are setup. This would mean that with a huge server load, the EA servers will be more stable than the "free shard" servers.

I don't think there is anything legally wrong with EA using either of the two popular emmulators or anything like that...but the emulators are written in an entirely different programming environment than the EA shards, so they would likely have to hire new developers to do the coding for it, which they probably won't do.

And more importantly, the emulators and free shards out there, while they may look, sound, and feel like Classic UO in every perceivable way...they aren't in fact behind the scenes even close.

Hope some of that helps.

M

Megilhir

Very well, I shall weigh-in from a logic perspective. Not all shall agree with these words yet perhaps some shall.

Foremost, if one wishes to post and communicate effectively and intelligently, take the time to spell your words. U is not a pronoun. That may seem arrogant but seriously, if your thoughts are not important enough to take time articulating why should they be important enough for me (or anyone else) to read?

That aside, a classic shard seems wonderful at first glance but is simply NOT the solution to redeem UO.

Unless…

...UO (or whoever owns it this month) endeavors to correct the exploits then the classic shard will become infected as well. There is nothing prescient about that concept, it is simple applied logic.

These are valid in my assessment;

- T2A Rule set and Landmass
- No expansion skills and Fel rule set only
- No neon colors, artifacts, garish tile sets, etc...the shard should LOOK classic as well
- No power scrolls
- No AoS item properties
- Guild stones
- Proper penalties for rampant PKing (Stat loss, no use of towns other than Buc's Den, can only be resurrected by players or at the chaos shrine)
- Exact housing rules (Texas justice, current access list system, original free-for-all system)
- Better bounty system

These are invalid in my assessment;

- Skill and Stat locks

DISCUSSION: Under the original rule set the Skill lock is 100 and the Stat lock is 100, what is the argument?

- Maintenance and future updates by the dev staff including the implementation of tougher penalties for out of control PKing if not solved by what is listed above.

DISCUSSION: This is NOT part of the original rule set. If you want a classic shard then you get a CLASSIC shard. My first house (7x 7 on Pacific) was smack dab in the middle of PK-Central. It was the last house on the right as one headed north from the Britain–Skara Brae crossroads. Most on-line maps of the time had the area marked in a large red or yellow warning triangle. I personally consider gank PvP to be a result of underdeveloped genitals, but that is my consideration NOT an aspect of UO.

- Custom housing

DISCUSSION: No, not part of the Classic UO. We should be in for a penny, in for a pound, as the saying goes. I tire of wandering the land and seeing some exceptionally immature designs. A portion of my undergraduate degree was in Architectural Rendering. I am therefore officially qualified to apply mounds of derision on homes with initials or genital shaped entries. Some are simply and honestly ugly.

DISCUSSION: Non-issue. Players get 5 slots, no bonding, no Beetles, no Nightmares, no Kirin and so forth. Just the old school, original-land beasties and their associated control considerations. After all, we are limiting other classes let’s hit up the Tamers and Crafters too.

- Future addition of Ilshenar
DISCUSSION: NO. This leads to a slippery slope. “Gee we have ISH, how about SE lands?”

- Apparently now mounts have come into question ??? I would refuse to play on a shard without mounts...but this is not only about me.
DISCUSSION: There are horses it be bought or tamed. Perhaps the rare llama. None others, not Ethereals, Beetles, Ostrichs, Porpoise or any other. Again, Classic MEANS Classic.

- Better mechanics for player run towns.
DISCUSSION: No. That is the point of player-towns, they are player run or they die out.

- Allowing an additional house on this shard that does not affect current houses
DISCUSSION: I disagree unless these homes revert to the “refresh every seven (or perhaps fourteen) days” standard. Though I enjoy the auto-refresh gained from keeping my account active I do believe there are a lot of abandoned auto-refreshing homes out there taking up space.

Yes

DISCUSSION: GM Crafted items used to mean something. They no longer do, unless crafted with a Runic item, held in the full light of a blue moon and sung over by a choir of pixies. Total crap I suggest. A GM Katana should be an uber item.
And this leads to the discussion on loot. Though these thoughts are not part and parcel to the Classic Shard they darn well should have been. Ever wonder where that half naked succubus was hiding that halberd? And why wasn’t she using it on your attacking character? Seriously, adjust the loot tables to reflect what the mob could be reasonably expected to carry. Sewer rats should not drop gold for example. They can surely be cut up into meat, which can be cooked and sold or eaten. Orc leaders/lords should not all have the same piece of ringmail. Do orcs have an equipment central issue facility? Perhaps at the Yew or Cove camp, but not out in the wilds.

I was an avid Dungeon and Dragons player and Dungeon master (not the On-line PoS, the first edition books that required thought and imagination). I found that by limiting treasure and gold to quasi-realistic standards my players felt a real sense of achievement when they commissioned a suit of armor or actually found a +1 weapon.

And here is the most important base concept.

DO NOT make things too easy (or too hard). Think about it. To encourage people to play there are numerous metrics the various MMOs are employing to keep you on-line and using their game. With today’s fan-boy butterfly attention span the industry is catering to a fleeting market. It is really simple. A fan-boy HAS a fleeting attention span. They are going to leave UO for the next fad game anyway. But people who really enjoy and embrace the game are going to want, in fact, DEMAND, a reasonable challenge.

Not something stupid like EQ 1 either. And yes I had 2 accounts that I would 2-box for over three years. WoW smoked EQ and I shifted my 2 account habit there. The WoW started to suck so I went to LoTR with the 2 box. LoTR is doing well, but hey, I always like the books…

The reason for saying this is that in each instance the games became too easy, too hard or too stupid in their design concepts. In EQ1’s case I would lose experience and could actually unlevel because some idiot was in our raid. Or a moron would train the zone onto you. Add in 45 real-life minutes to run across the Karanas with SoW, ridiculous. The list goes on but you get the idea. For WoW the failure came when every idiot that didn’t really even know how to play their class could join in a mass PvP, go AFK and get enough rewards to gear their toon out as well as mine. Where’s the challenge? Everyone should NOT be equal.

This is a long post. Yet I make no apologies. UO has the ability to refine the platform back to a unique gaming experience. It does not have class limitations, which is the singular aspect that makes it different from 90% of the MMOs out there. By trying to please everyone with gadgets by being like every other game UO simply does not have the dedicated resources to compete.

People want to be challenged. People need to be challenged. But people also have an innate sense of fair play. Speed-hacked, screen destroying UBER monsters do nothing for either issue. Nor do gankasaurous PvP gangs for that matter.
So is it better to have a steadfast loyalty base of a million players or a fleeting, episodic transition of a few hundred thousand? That is the real business question at the end of the day.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with that... I have not experience with them but I have personal experience with many server sided scripts that made old school UO what it was. Not to mention the actual vibrant lore being developped into it...

If EA lost the backups... well then it'll be a huge facepalm. I mean huge... cause some of those scripts (especially ones that were to be published by OSI in their last days) were pure genius.

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by Morgana LeFay (PoV)

- Fel ruleset only
- No powerscrolls
- No AoS item properties
- Skill and Stat locks
Late to the discussion but 100 percent agreed here.

- Custom housing
- Pet Control slots/bonding I can live with no bonding, and I'm not steadfast in control slots that are as limited as they are now - but am against unlimited slots.
- Future addition of Ilshenar Indifferent - if the population supports it, cool.
- Exact housing rules (texas justice, current access list system, original free-for-all sytem) Indifferent - although basic security is a must.
- Apparently now mounts have come into question ??? I would refuse to play on a shard without mounts...but this is not only about me this would be a deal breaker for me - no mounts, no interest.

- Better bounty system
- Allowing an additional house on this shard that does not affect current houses This would be a deal sealer for me. I'd make a 110% effort if I knew that, for whatever reason, the server either failed, or I wasn't happy with it, a revert to the old system was there.

I vote no on custom housing unless restricted to era accurate tilesets, if so then not a deal breaker for me.

Tamers need restrictions on the amount of pets they can have, we saw what happened when this was not the case.

Don't particularly care either way if Ilsh gets added at some point.

Agree on housing rules.

Must have mounts or no deal for me.

Also regardless of whether the Hero vs Evil system ever gets implemented Order vs Chaos is a must have for me personally, so I can relive my days on Atlantic, I spent an obscene amount of time doing O vs C.

As a bit of an aside there is one thing I see not many people mention when it comes to these retro shards. And that is whether or not the sense of community can ever really be restored.

You just do not find that kind of thing on any of the retro shards I have played, either because of low population or an indifference to the idea of having a community, as most of the playerbase is PvP only on those shards.

For me personally that was the magic that everyone speaks of, the days when you could run to the smithy in Brit and actually engage with player smiths and haggle over prices and get free repairs, or go by the mage shop and buy spell books from the scribes and potions from alchemists, essentially the town just had such a great buzz to it back then it really felt alive.

Same thing with player justice, PK's were rampant in the old days but there were quite a few anti-pk guilds running around, in fact speaking of T2A era player justice, I know that when I was building my dexxer at the Del Orc Fort on Atlantic I made a large dent in the amount of pks and grey corpse looters there, that was amazing fun because I felt great being able to help protect some of the newer less skilled players while providing a stimulating challenge to some of the pks.

But the point is to me it's much much more stimulating to see the players take these matters into their own hands. When the players get involved they are the life blood of the economy, the justice system, and the villains and it all mixes together quite well in my opinion.

So I just hope that first and foremost the shard becomes a reality so I can finally resubscribe to the game I miss, and two that there can be a real living breathing community again.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you guys don't stop about the players who do not spell words properly I'll start making errors purposefully... this guy could be russian for all we know and he never learned to write english, learned as he could.

If you guys cannot stop taking a political stance with "YES" or "NO" this thread is going to lock itself, won't even need a moderator to do it.

By skill lock people mean they want to be able to set a skill to 60 for example, and that it STAYS there... please think before you write and also keep your personal stories about other games and dungeon and dragons in UHALL Off-Topic...

Honestly... whats wrong with you guys ? If you're so traumatised about being ganked, gank them back. That was how it worked in the day, I was with the biggest PK guilds ever created and we always lost as much as we won ; and if it wasn't for that, big guilds would have been bored out of their wits...

oh wait most of them did now... and they went to playing WOW. Whats unboring about it ? Well I guess they can watch night elves dance... and chat with ventrilo... rolleyes:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
***A genuine troll, the real deal folks, complete with more than one personal insult, and some lies for good measure! Follow the link! Prepare to shocked and amazed!*** ;)

We already know thats its useless to actually argue about if they're gonna do it or not...
I'm not sure what you are saying with that last line, but I'll repeat what I already said in this thread, and make it a bit more emphatic. In my personal opinion it isn't a matter of if they (Mythic) are going to make a classic UO shard, it is a matter of when. One of the points I've been trying to make, and others have made as well, that this is going to require a lot of effort on their part, and they have a lot on their plates, so it won't be any time soon, but I do think it is coming.

And if other threads are any indication, the devs are paying attention to the discussion here, so it isn't useless to discuss this, and it certainly isn't useless to weigh the pros and cons, and discuss potential pitfalls. Beyond that I'm involved in something that requires a lot of sitting around and waiting, and the forums have provided some entertainment the past few weeks...

...why then can a free shard create a T2A era accurate server?
The real issue is that the Free shards out there don't operate on the same server code (the actual programming language) as EA/Mythic shards. In some ways, that's a good thing. The two emulators I have looked at and played around with are very easy to use, and very easy to maintain and customize. But they are not designed to run across multiple physical servers...like the EA shards are setup. This would mean that with a huge server load, the EA servers will be more stable than the "free shard" servers.

I don't think there is anything legally wrong with EA using either of the two popular emmulators or anything like that...but the emulators are written in an entirely different programming environment than the EA shards, so they would likely have to hire new developers to do the coding for it, which they probably won't do.

And more importantly, the emulators and free shards out there, while they may look, sound, and feel like Classic UO in every perceivable way...they aren't in fact behind the scenes even close.

Hope some of that helps.
/this

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

These are invalid in my assessment;

- Skill and Stat locks

DISCUSSION: Under the original rule set the Skill lock is 100 and the Stat lock is 100, what is the argument?
Not sure I understand. Under the original rule set, you could not lock any skill or stat to keep them from going up or down...even at 100.

Perhaps you misunderstood what was meant by skill and stat locks?

What people are asking for here is the ability to set a skill or stat to Up,Down, or Lock...meaning that once you hit 100 (or any other number for that matter), you could lock the skill so you don't lose it when/if other skills go up.

The big reason for this was that back in the old days, if you finally made it to GM anything, some one could...for example...light a campfire near you. This would cause you to gain in Camping, and if you were at the skill cap, it meant those points had to come from someplace. So you would lose your GM title because of it.

Plus, this was one addition that actually made a lot of sense. From a realism stand point, if I wanted to learn to cook, I would not necessarily need to go all the way to becoming a grandmaster (gourmet), because I could learn as much as I want...then stop.

- Maintenance and future updates by the dev staff including the implementation of tougher penalties for out of control PKing if not solved by what is listed above.

DISCUSSION: This is NOT part of the original rule set. If you want a classic shard then you get a CLASSIC shard. My first house (7x 7 on Pacific) was smack dab in the middle of PK-Central. It was the last house on the right as one headed north from the Britain–Skara Brae crossroads. Most on-line maps of the time had the area marked in a large red or yellow warning triangle. I personally consider gank PvP to be a result of underdeveloped genitals, but that is my consideration NOT an aspect of UO.
No, it's true...tougher penalties were not part of the original ruleset...

...but, simply starting back down the same path that was already travelled, and learning absolutely nothing from the journey is a mistake. Originally, the game was overrun by PKs, players left en mass, and so they came us Trammel. The reason people here are asking for some kind of checks on PKing is to make sure we don't end up with an empty shard, or worse...a Trammel/Fel shard like the others.

DISCUSSION: Non-issue. Players get 5 slots, no bonding, no Beetles, no Nightmares, no Kirin and so forth. Just the old school, original-land beasties and their associated control considerations. After all, we are limiting other classes let’s hit up the Tamers and Crafters too.
2 things here:

Pet slots were not part of the original ruleset...neither was bonding. So if your 'in for a penny, in for a pound' philosophy is to hold true across the entire discussion...then 5 slots would need to be right out.

Also...nightmares came with T2A. So if we are discussing a T2A Classic Shard, nightmares would need to be a part of it.

And this leads to the discussion on loot. Though these thoughts are not part and parcel to the Classic Shard they darn well should have been. Ever wonder where that half naked succubus was hiding that halberd? And why wasn’t she using it on your attacking character? Seriously, adjust the loot tables to reflect what the mob could be reasonably expected to carry. Sewer rats should not drop gold for example. They can surely be cut up into meat, which can be cooked and sold or eaten. Orc leaders/lords should not all have the same piece of ringmail. Do orcs have an equipment central issue facility? Perhaps at the Yew or Cove camp, but not out in the wilds.
I agree 100% with this...but as you pointed out, this was not part of the Classic Ruleset...so while you firmly argued against certain things for this reason, you are now advocating for this in spite of it.

Not that I have a problem with the suggestion...I just want you to understand why the other 'not part of the Classic ruleset' points have come up. Same as what you posted above...this shard should be looked at as a chance to fix things that were wrong with the original...as well as a chance to return to what worked.

UO has the ability to refine the platform back to a unique gaming experience. It does not have class limitations, which is the singular aspect that makes it different from 90% of the MMOs out there. By trying to please everyone with gadgets by being like every other game UO simply does not have the dedicated resources to compete.

People want to be challenged. People need to be challenged. But people also have an innate sense of fair play. Speed-hacked, screen destroying UBER monsters do nothing for either issue. Nor do gankasaurous PvP gangs for that matter.
So is it better to have a steadfast loyalty base of a million players or a fleeting, episodic transition of a few hundred thousand? That is the real business question at the end of the day.
"Well crafted"!! :thumbup1:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I see that LLewen.. but it's about time it stops, so I'm not going to return your insults and it would be better for everyone if all this kind of talks stopped right now.

MAKE IT BRIEF... oh and yeah while were at it ... CAN WE GET SOMETHING ELSE THAN DIAPER LOOKING BRIEFS ?

Especially for woman ? :mf_prop:

kidding...

But to get back to the point... you quoted the part you were comfortable with, ignored the rest, put it out of context...

Hello ! I'm a human being... please read my post again.

I said it was USELESS TO ARGUE ABOUT IF ITS GOING TO HAPPEN... that means that if we stop arguing about that USELESS part... we get to

And if other threads are any indication, the devs are paying attention to the discussion here, so it isn't useless to discuss this, and it certainly isn't useless to weigh the pros and cons, and discuss potential pitfalls.
pros and cons !!! YES , DISCUSS !

STOP MAKING IT PERSONAL ! STOP THE SPECULATION !

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW

Morgana... have you read some of my logical deductions about the age of the vet players and the amount of immature players there would be in the game compared to back then with HUGE hacks which allowed them to thrive.

Times have changed !

Lets start classic, then scale the penalties according to an eventual problem...

agreed ?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Everyone take a step back...and deep breath.

Ahu...Llwen...this thread will get locked if you guys keep having at one another, so I am asking you, as a personal favor...to disengage one another.

I don't want Petra to lock this thread...its the only voice we have here.

M

Megilhir

If you guys don't stop about the players who do not spell words properly I'll start making errors purposefully... this guy could be russian for all we know and he never learned to write english, learned as he could.

If you guys cannot stop taking a political stance with "YES" or "NO" this thread is going to lock itself, won't even need a moderator to do it.

By skill lock people mean they want to be able to set a skill to 60 for example, and that it STAYS there... please think before you write and also keep your personal stories about other games and dungeon and dragons in UHALL Off-Topic...

Honestly... whats wrong with you guys ? If you're so traumatised about being ganked, gank them back. That was how it worked in the day, I was with the biggest PK guilds ever created and we always lost as much as we won ; and if it wasn't for that, big guilds would have been bored out of their wits...

oh wait most of them did now... and they went to playing WOW. Whats unboring about it ? Well I guess they can watch night elves dance... and chat with ventrilo... rolleyes:
And I ask you, what the hell is your major malfunction? If you are so dense that you cannot understand an example then I suggest you go study to become less so.

And I doubt your mistakes need be purposeful to occur. Do you even comprehend the definition of political?

Think before I write you state. Apply it yourself simpleton.

I was not tramatized by PKs. In fact, had you read and actually been able to envision what was posted you would have observed the diametric in the post.

So sit your unevolved intellect down until you can add relevance to the debate senior troglodyte.

Your troll-post is precisely the nonproductive type that derails a logical discussion.

Then again, there might be cake and ice cream for your upcoming 10th birthday.

Though all be told, I did not associate skill lock with skill cap correctly, my oversight.

/rant complete.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Lets start classic, then scale the penalties according to an eventual problem...

agreed ?
Absolutely.

I think the penalties that were already in place should be introduced to the shard at launch. (Stat loss, no rez except by players and chaos shrine, NPC won't deal with you, only town access you have is Buc's Den). Those were all a part of the game at one time or another.

And if they are not sufficient, then add more until it is sufficient...without a Pvp Switch or Trammel type of solution.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Morgana I'll shut up...

but... *shrinks to his normal size*

ok...

I'm not 10 years old ! I'm 10 and a half ! :lol: *btw you mispelled rant* :lol:

*gets red taped to a yew tree*

(I promise I'll behave, for the interest of community)

Status
Not open for further replies.