• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas

G

there is no winning with you. you're stubborn as a mule.
fine. w/e. go lollygag around your stupid pole while the rest of us spend christmas without a tree. I hope you're happy. Another Christmas ruined.

serenity now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

there is no winning with you. you're stubborn as a mule.
fine. w/e. go lollygag around your stupid pole while the rest of us spend christmas without a tree. I hope you're happy. Another Christmas ruined.

serenity now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok this is what they call the airing of the grievances. Part of festivus tradition.

EA consider it, you've given them trees, you have the menorahs I want my festivus pole. thnx.

I

imported_corpatortis

a festivus for the rest of us.

Pit.. Jesus was not born around decorated pine trees. infact he was not even born around Christmas. Otherwise there would have been flocks of sheepcicles. Christmas is about being good to one another and buying your mom a nice gift. If you can't comprehend that then perhaps the sin of alcohol has taken your soul.

I, for one, can reach Jesus without materialism. My Christmas wish is for a European release. AJ needs more time zone friends.

G

christmas wasn't made for jesus, it was made by poor ppl so the rich would give them something, Jesus' birthday is in june or something like that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

a festivus for the rest of us.

Pit.. Jesus was not born around decorated pine trees. infact he was not even born around Christmas. Otherwise there would have been flocks of sheepcicles. Christmas is about being good to one another and buying your mom a nice gift. If you can't comprehend that then perhaps the sin of alcohol has taken your soul.

I, for one, can reach Jesus without materialism. My Christmas wish is for a European release. AJ needs more time zone friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

when was he born? summer? fine. I'll use a palm tree.

G

A Christmas without trees is like the A without the J.

BRING OUR TREES, PLEASE!!111!!!!!!111

G

see? She gets it!

She is from NZ and they get nothing. At least give her a tree. Some things America denys her.

biscuits with gravy.
pizza that has really thick crust
ummm... what do you call those things you can get at places like Disneyland that are like hot stick-shaped things with cinnamon and sugar?
mash potatoes with white gravy
roasted corn on the cob
Applebee's
Steak and Shake
Friday's
Baskin Robins
Olive garden
Chilli's
Wendy's
and probably a gazillion more.
Dr. Pepper
never had turkey or pretty much all thanksgiving foods.
big pretzels.

are we gonna deny her a tree too?

I

imported_julilyn

ummm... what do you call those things you can get at places like Disneyland that are like hot stick-shaped things with cinnamon and sugar?

that would be churros

she gets pie and chips and I think something like koalas

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Christmas is not about material possessions its about whats in here *Points to chest* our hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

No really? You really felt the need to have to put down my post to say that. Like my being sad because we wont have the Christmas items in the production cites was a prime time for you to make yet another dig at someones post. Very petty! Just another chance for you to be flipant. What else is new? Hope this is giving you your giggles, wouldnt want to disappoint you any!

I feel its nice to have the ability to decorate our lots for Christmas and I look forward to doing just that. Its a huge disappointment to me that we wont have that option to do so. I know what Christmas means to me and the lack of ability to decorate doesnt lessen my feelings or the meaning of the day for me. It just makes me sad that I cant express my joy by decorating my lot as I always do each year.

If you have a problem with that, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I giggled at it. I think that was the point, really.

I'm sorry your Christmas is ruined because you can not decorate your TSO lot. I wonder how many people will forget about Christmas because there are no snowmen?

Also, IMO, Jackie saying that Christmas isn't about material things is not putting down your post. It's simply saying.. Christmas is not about material things. If you feel put down by that ideal, perhaps no amount of Christmas decorations can warm your heart?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm can you read? I never said Christmas is ruined for me what I did say was "I know what Christmas means to me and the lack of ability to decorate doesnt lessen my feelings or the meaning of the day for me. "

Try again.

G

Im all about the festivus...
Equal opportunity for those that celebrate the Costanza holiday traditions.
Off season the pole could be used for many other things...

And I think some ppl on stratics already participate in the Airing of the Grievances on a daily basis in CH.... repeatedly.... over... and over.... etc....

Implementing the pole wouldnt take much work.. right Lee?

G

<blockquote><hr>

And I think some ppl on stratics already participate in the Airing of the Grievances on a daily basis in CH.... repeatedly.... over... and over.... etc....

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out of my head!

<u>On an official note</u>, let's keep this thread on the topic of Christmas items in TSO, or EA Land, or....items in the game.

And as always, if anyone feels they have been insulted, the proper course of action is to use the Notify Moderator button.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

let me ask you this this Donavan?

Is there a tree in her house? I bet not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so.... maybe she's "Festivus"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah EA I want my festivus pole!

[/ QUOTE ]
If she gets a Festivus pole, then I want a lighted Nativity scene.
(the one with the spinning angels on top that drop snow on the shepherd's heads)

...and a new chair.
...some candied apples.

.... a toy choo-choo with "real" smoke.

Oh.... and World Peace.
Thank you.

G

i would love if we could buy coal and give those out to sims that were bad thru out the year.

D

djsclaus

<blockquote><hr>

I don't actually know the "real" Santa.. .but I'm cool w/ DJ S Claus.

[/ QUOTE ]
*lurking*
ohmigod! i got mentioned!

K

Keep It Real

Whoopie!

Glad to see x-mas items turned on looking forward to snow on the 12th, that is as long as it does not create MORE lag.

G

Test center 3 is snowing!!!

And the holiday splash screen is up!

YAY!

M

Monkeybear

Just logged into TC3 this fine morning and I see snow! The megacity view also has snow
Some screenies for the players that don't play

Megacity with snow:

TC3 With snow:

OE with snow:

D

DjMacDaddy01201

and when the citys merge will they still be left out of stuff dam that blows that reg citys get screwd for christmas

G

how do you get to mega city? And what is OE?
I'm outa the Loop ...

M

Monkeybear

Zoom out in TC3 to see the megacity and OE is Ocean's Edge.. a city that was added in the new map.

G

I cant zoom farther then tc3 ... it wont go out any more then that

G

My Bad ... I just tried the minus sign ... oops .. thanks for the kick .. hehe

M

Monkeybear

On the bottom right you can see it better in this picture [my house is in OE]

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt say on a daily basis but eh whatever. I will continue to if there is something I feel needs to be heard, like it or not. That one of the reason for these boards to be heard is it not?

G

Ok.. it's now Dec 13th and AV, BF and CC.. no snow
( if we can't have our christmas tree's and snowmen... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee at least give us our snow! *runs away crying*

I

imported_herk1287

it was promised yesterday, and why cant we at least have been gived the trees, i can see whyt snowmen werent activated but jesus whats x-mas without trees, who else is upset about this

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Snow/christmas objects are not coming to the production cities.

K

Keep It Real

Spend Christmas in TC3, there is snow, snowmen and trees there. And most people play there now anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Spend Christmas in TC3, there is snow, snowmen and trees there. And most people play there now anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, yes
There's nothing like the trappings of Christmas to make one feel better about the horrendous lag and avatar leasing errors.

G

I don't want to spend Christmas in TC3!! I want to spend it in my HOME city
Guess Christmas doesn't mean SQUAT in AV, BF or any of the others, huh????

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

That's not it. The company isn't out to "get" anyone or punish anyone. It's been stated for a very, very long time now that there will be NO future updates in the production cities. They gave far enough time in advance for anyone to either alter their hometown, game-play, or to quit altogether. I'd have more sympathy had they updated the production cities all this time and abruptly decided not to bring Christmas gifts all-over.

G

Well it sure seems it to me when they aren't allowing everyone in ALL cities to celebrate christmas. I know we can celebrate in other ways, but it's not really fair to us that don't care much for TC3 to not be allowed the same things... I don't care about "weekly chairs" or anything, but it would be nice to have the same privaleges as TC 3 to have the snow and at least the tree's.

I do have a sim in TC3 but I'm never there.. I hate patching back and forth, so no, I won't be spending my christmas there.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

It's not that I don't understand where you're coming from. It would be great to be able to have all the new updates/equal updates as TC3 in the production cities. Unfortunately, that's not possible until EA-Land opens and the cities are merged. What I am saying, however, is that the company gave plenty notice not to look forward to any quirks or updates in the production cities for quite some time now. Bringing it up is just bringing up a used and tired issue IMO. No matter how many complain, it won't change.

V

vapd3317

Humbug on Christmas...all that snow makes the city ugly as an open pit iron ore mine in the dead of winter. Its about aesthetically pleasing to the eye as a slushy mud puddle.

You cant even decide where to purchase a lot for your property because you have no idea what the place looks like the rest of the time.

G

If you have money to spend on property just before or after Christmas.....then you obviously are not spending enough on my gift......

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Snow/christmas objects are not coming to the production cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's stupid. Everyone doesn't play in TC3 and alot of people don't care for it. Although Maxis is ALL about TC3 that doesn't mean everyone else is.

I want my snow.

R

Rach

I agree that it's very frustrating that production cities have been getting left out holiday things. Especially during a time where things are pretty frustrating in general in game.

G

YAY!!!! AV HAS SNOW, CHRISTMAS TREES AND SNOW MEN!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee