• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas

K

Kaylee_Sun

Dear Dev's,
When will you enable the Christmas tree and snowmen? Enough Thanksgiving already LOL! I'm ready to decorate
<font color="blue"> </font>

M

Monkeybear

We were chatting about this in the pub yesterday.

Production cities won't be getting the holiday objects working but snow will be there on 12th December.

M

MandiK

Any word on the tree? Will it be enabled at the same time? Thats what Im excited about!

M

Monkeybear

Lee said production cities will only be getting snow, they won't be getting trees and snow people, I'd think TC3 would be getting them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lee said production cities will only be getting snow, they won't be getting trees and snow people, I'd think TC3 would be getting them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Production cities already have trees and snowmen in the catalog.

As for the snow... I enjoy watching it snow in the city view but I hate my grass going blindingly white. If I wanted to live on a snowy lot, I'd move to one.

M

Monkeybear

I mean they won't be activated. Trees won't come alive etc.

G

I thought they were on set a time like the splash screens and pumpkins rotting. If not, I do hope they activate them in all cities, the holidays wouldn't be the same without them.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

Production cities won't be getting the holiday objects working but snow will be there on 12th December.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isnt the production cities getting the holiday objects this year?

That sucks we want snowmen and trees too. I dont see the reasoning for not letting us have christmas too.

M

Monkeybear

Thats what I thought but Lee said but he said it was a some sort of special timer that they put off to allow the objects to work. Normal cities wasn't even going to get snow but I asked him nicely

G

I will verify that.....Monkey and a few others did ask *very* nicely and Lee said we could have the snow....but not the other Christmas objects in Production cities.

As to why....just speculating, here, but they will be opening EA Land and merging the cities soon and maybe they do not want to have the extra Christmas coding floating around the cities when they do....we all know the kind of trouble melted snowmen and dead trees can cause, in the best of times.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I will verify that.....Monkey and a few others did ask *very* nicely and Lee said we could have the snow....but not the other Christmas objects in Production cities.

As to why.... just speculating, here, but they will be opening EA Land and merging the cities soon and maybe they do not want to have the extra Christmas coding floating around the cities when they do ....we all know the kind of trouble melted snowmen and dead trees can cause, in the best of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Gilly, you be so brane......sometimes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dear Dev's,
When will you enable the Christmas tree and snowmen? Enough Thanksgiving already LOL! I'm ready to decorate
<font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Audrey is working on that right now. When we have an ETA, I'll let you know.

I

imported_SimTripps

Woot - thx, Pari!

Hmmm... why can't the snow-people and Christmas tree be enabled all year long? Some people might like living in a holly jolly Christmas village all year 'round...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Woot - thx, Pari!

Hmmm... why can't the snow-people and Christmas tree be enabled all year long? Some people might like living in a holly jolly Christmas village all year 'round...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah humbug! You know how we feel about jolly people playing our game!

G

Weren't the Trees and Snowmen always in Catalog? I mean, they have been always... atleast you can buy them but they melt and tree loses it's leaves thingies.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey!

[/ QUOTE ]

Donovan needs a little TM.

O.
Neat about our trees.
And God Bless Us.... Everyone!
It's a Christmas miracle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey!

[/ QUOTE ]

O.
Neat about our trees.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if TM stands for "Terrific Momma", and 'little' means about 5'1" - then I am there!!! [thumbs up]

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey!

[/ QUOTE ]

O.
Neat about our trees.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if TM stands for "Terrific Momma", and 'little' means about 5'1" - then I am there!!! [thumbs up]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oy well... I'll put a good word in with Santa..... see if he can put that in your stocking.

I don't actually know the "real" Santa.. .but I'm cool w/ DJ S Claus.

M

Meggers

----------------------------------------

Why do the production cities always get crapped on?

B

Bindy

I think its so awful that the production cities arent getting the Christmas items this year. That makes me very sad. Its like Bah humbug on you in BF and AV etc..too damn bad but you dont count enough to be able to celebrate Christmas. Only if you're in TC3 then fine all is well Merry Christmas. Thats not right and very unfair. Who cares about the snow if you cant have the rest to go with it.

Merry Christmas too all of you too.

G

Christmas is not about material possessions its about whats in here *Points to chest* our hearts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Christmas is not about material possessions its about whats in here *Points to chest* our hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? Jackiee, I love you and everything but I am a greedy Son of a gun. This "in our heart" thing is just what people who don't get anything or do anything for other people say. It's better than telling us, "sorry we're too cheap or lazy to do something nice for you, but love is a gift that last a life time."

I spit on love.
I rather get a tree.

I

imported_corpatortis

Pit - A donation has been made in your name to C-Squat. Sponsor a squatter today!

I asked Santa for a heart.
Four years in a row.
Three times so far he gave me three ho's, an LOL and went on his way.
:angrysmiley:

F

festrmentmagnet

It is unfortunate that the Test Cities do get the Christmas items and the others don't...
But, Test Center 3 doesn't get free green usually...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Your heart?
Oh.

I thot you meant the hundred bucks in yer bra.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Your heart?
Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG are you like outside my window'?

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No really? You really felt the need to have to put down my post to say that. Like my being sad because we wont have the Christmas items in the production cites was a prime time for you to make yet another dig at someones post. Very petty! Just another chance for you to be flipant. What else is new? Hope this is giving you your giggles, wouldnt want to disappoint you any!

I feel its nice to have the ability to decorate our lots for Christmas and I look forward to doing just that. Its a huge disappointment to me that we wont have that option to do so. I know what Christmas means to me and the lack of ability to decorate doesnt lessen my feelings or the meaning of the day for me. It just makes me sad that I cant express my joy by decorating my lot as I always do each year.

If you have a problem with that, oh well.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No really? You really felt the need to have to put down my post to say that. Like my being sad because we wont have the Christmas items in the production cites was a prime time for you to make yet another dig at someones post. Very petty! Just another chance for you to be flipant. What else is new? Hope this is giving you your giggles, wouldnt want to disappoint you any!

I feel its nice to have the ability to decorate our lots for Christmas and I look forward to doing just that. Its a huge disappointment to me that we wont have that option to do so. I know what Christmas means to me and the lack of ability to decorate doesnt lessen my feelings or the meaning of the day for me. It just makes me sad that I cant express my joy by decorating my lot as I always do each year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I giggled at it. I think that was the point, really.

I'm sorry your Christmas is ruined because you can not decorate your TSO lot. I wonder how many people will forget about Christmas because there are no snowmen?

Also, IMO, Jackie saying that Christmas isn't about material things is not putting down your post. It's simply saying.. Christmas is not about material things. If you feel put down by that ideal, perhaps no amount of Christmas decorations can warm your heart?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

O, sorry, thats just what my mom taught me. I didn't know it was an insult.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to dress up my lot too with some trees. But I can't. I am sorry Jackiee had to be snide with you. Maybe she never got a tree when she was younger and figures we all need to suffer too.

*big hugs your way*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Your heart?
Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG are you like outside my window'?

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh.... no.
Honest.
Trust me

...are you gonna eat the rest of that sandwich?

G

let me ask you this this Donavan?

Is there a tree in her house? I bet not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I live in a tree house.
so there.

[/ QUOTE ]

that why you don't have a washer/dryer?

G

christmas was designed so rich ppl could give poor ppl food, get used to it.

So all you rich ppl, just give everything to me this year!! don't even give to your family!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so.... maybe she's "Festivus"?

G

<blockquote><hr>

christmas was designed so rich ppl could give poor ppl food, get used to it.

So all you rich ppl, just give everything to me this year!! don't even give to your family!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I have it on good authority that Xmas (as opposed to Christmas) was invented by Dr Seuess so he could watch the Grinch play with all the whoters in Whoville.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny because Jackie and I often think we live out Seinfeld episodes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny because Jackie and I often think we live out Seinfeld episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you don't have a tree either. Maybe you don't want trees in the game/cities, but some people do. It's our time to spurce up our lot with a little joy. You and Jackiee are anti tree and it's really sad. Even Charlie Brown had a tree.

You're Anti Tree!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah EA I want my festivus pole!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and aj want tso released in Europe. Keep asking.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet you I can get the pole first.
I'd just pull my mop out. and i got my festivus pole.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet you I can get the pole first.
I'd just pull my mop out. and i got my festivus pole.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got a pole right here and i know where it needs to go.

honestly jackiee..
why such hate against the people who want trees? It's not going to harm anyone. If you don't want a tree, then don't use it. It's that simple. Let those who want it, use it. It's not like were asking for the world. A simple tree. Just punch in some code and viola! We got out tree.