• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns and 2X Resources for Trammel

Should the Champion Spawns and 2X Resources be put on Trammel.

• Yes - Champion Spawns and 2X Resources should be in Trammel

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • No - Leave Champion Spawns and 2X Resources as they are

Votes: 124 64.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
( ORIGINAL UO HAD NO TRAMMEL, CAREBEARS CRIED AND GOT IT)

( You guys don't play against the Highest level...which would b other players not a NPC, or monster that will do the same thing over and over and over....gtp?)
Ok, Bardie Game on :)

Apparently you are totaly clueless that Trammel was an IDENTICAL COPY of the Original UO with a NEW RULE SET.

Apparently you are totally clueless that Trammel had the SAME RESOURCE SPAWNS and NUBMERS per spawn.

Apparently you are totally clueless HOW Trammel came into existence, TECHNICALLY.

Apparently you are totally clueless about what Trammel was when it was created.

In short, you are apparently very clueless about how things got to the current definition of UO.

BUT

You are LONG on parroting RHETORIC, Cliche's, Slogans that you apparently are totally clueless about what they mean and were they came from.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ilshenar and Tokuno have chanp spawns. Give them UNIQUE rewards, NOT power scrolls.

REMOVE 2x resources completely.

Basically, my poll answer is "other".

C

Coppelia

How's this for a compromise then. I tend to think Trammies are much more willing to compromise than Fels so let's just have a look and see.

1... Remove double resources for all. No Double Resources anywhere.

2... Power Scrolls +20s are only possible in Fel Ruleset. +10s and +15s can drop in Tram Ruleset Champ Spawns (which will be created) with 25% reduced overall likelyhood...

Fels still have monopoly on +20s but not on +15 or lower and not on +Stats. No difference in resource gathering so no easy marks for reds picking off harvesters with no defense skills. Less macroers going to Fel because no reason for them to.
1. Great! Who need more when we can have less!
2. Who cares about +15? Oo

Just as a precision, my previous post in the thread was not serious. If I need PS, I either buy them or organize a champ hunt with my RP guild. There's always a Fel guild who's happy to get scrolls to defend a band of merry bunny bashing clowns.

But it's just too funny to crawl in a Tram vs Fel melee again :p

F

Fox (Europa)

Given the clear Minority of the Feluccan's, is it time to let the Trammelians have access to these two "Perks" the Feluccan's ... have had.

Thus enabling access to the Power Scrolls etc to the Trammelians, enabling better resource gathering to the Trammelians.

Is it time to give both sides equal access to these "Perks" / Resources (Power Scrolls, Skill Scrolls etc).
LOL!! No way, nubblet.

Fox

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is forcing anybody to goto Felucca. You can make money needed to buy powerscrolls right in Trammel.
It is time to address this Rhetorical Cliche/Slogan.

I have a right to get my OWN STUFF :)

There should be NO mandate that I BUY things. :)

Felucca and Trammel and there to allow people to CHOOSE THEIR PLAY STYLES.

IF I CHOOSE to play the Trammel play style, then I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO PLAY THE FELUCCA PLAY STYLE, to get things that are MANDATED TO HAVE in order to Play MY CHOICE OF PLAY STYLES.

People are BEING FORCED to NOT Play the game the way they want to play it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Great! Who need more when we can have less!
2. Who cares about +15? Oo

Just as a precision, my previous post in the thread was not serious. If I need PS, I either buy them or organize a champ hunt with my RP guild. There's always a Fel guild who's happy to get scrolls to defend a band of merry bunny bashing clowns.

But it's just too funny to crawl in a Tram vs Fel melee again :p
:)

Be safe and have fun :bowdown:

C

Connor_Graham

IF I CHOOSE to play the Trammel play style, then I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO PLAY THE FELUCCA PLAY STYLE, to get things that are MANDATED TO HAVE in order to Play MY CHOICE OF PLAY STYLES.

People are BEING FORCED to NOT Play the game they way they want to play it.
Like I said earlier...

When Valorite Runic Hammers start dropping from Balrons, then you can start preaching about rewards for playstyles. Until every reward is available from every playstyle, this argument holds no merit.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said earlier...

When Valorite Runic Hammers start dropping from Balrons, then you can start preaching about rewards for playstyles. Until every reward is available from every playstyle, this argument holds no merit.
valorite hammers are the hardest item to get in the game (at least they were)

There's scripters who had like 20 accounts of BOD gatherers yet never got a valorite hammer.

P

PixelPusher

:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:
:loser:This thread is only begging for :drama:
:loser:so,
:loser:This thread is :lame:
:loser:but,
:loser:I still got a :postcount:
:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:

Still, I voted "Yes!"
:hahaha:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically, my poll answer is "other".
There is no right or wrong answer here, not really :)

It is a mood question, a stance question. A question that indicates how you see UO at the moment.

*Shrug*

If you step back you can see something in the ratios of those that voted. That something will confirm what was believed to be true.

One group is predominantly intolerant of others while the other group is predominantly tolerant of others.

Tolerance for others may be a fundamental reason/cause for the longevity of a MMORPG.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Thats a definate NO from me:thumbdown:

I have a house in Fel and a house in Tram.While I find myself playing the most in Tram,I like the feel that Fel provides.That extra little challenge that will never be Tram.If you want 2x more all I got to say is ......

Go get it.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
W

wrekognize

Given the clear Minority of the Feluccan's, is it time to let the Trammelians have access to these two "Perks" the Feluccan's ... have had.

Thus enabling access to the Power Scrolls etc to the Trammelians, enabling better resource gathering to the Trammelians.

Is it time to give both sides equal access to these "Perks" / Resources (Power Scrolls, Skill Scrolls etc).

Fel spawns are not as much of a minority as what you make it seem. This option should never be considered. Fel needs to keep its mini game.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel spawns are not as much of a minority as what you make it seem. This option should never be considered. Fel needs to keep its mini game.

That's true. The champ spawns are always somewhat active. Not all of them at once, but what happens is people spawn them all up during the day and do every Barracoon, then the big guilds fight in Despise or whatever while some the more adverturous may try to bang out a spider spawn on island while no one is looking. this is really what makes champ spawns fun and is also why cam scripting totally ruins it.

If you walk around the Felucca overland for a good 20 minutes you are bound to see a few people, but usually it is just someone inside their house, I always run out and try to PvP a person when I see them near my house.

the most desolate place in my opinion is Malas.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Bardie Game on :) Game on would you actually climbing out of your comfort zone and actually playing what originally made this game great

Apparently you are totaly clueless that Trammel was an IDENTICAL COPY of the Original UO with a NEW RULE SET.Yup cause carebeares like you cried, "no fair, i died" caues you couldn't adapt to a game that was already made, maybe you should of chosen a single player game?

Apparently you are totally clueless that Trammel had the SAME RESOURCE SPAWNS and NUBMERS per spawn.Don't really care about the resources.

Apparently you are totally clueless HOW Trammel came into existence, TECHNICALLY.Once again, you guys cried louder than the rest

Apparently you are totally clueless about what Trammel was when it was created.It was a place i didn't want to visit cause of peeps like you

In short, you are apparently very clueless about how things got to the current definition of UO.Not really i was playing (u prolly were not) when it was fun to play, of course u think not dying and playing GOD mode is fun so what do i know.

BUT

You are LONG on parroting RHETORIC, Cliche's, Slogans that you apparently are totally clueless about what they mean and were they came from.
:lick: suck it

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:(:(:(:(:(:(

I have a right to get my OWN STUFF :) and you do, get off your lazy a$$

There should be NO mandate that I BUY things. :)there is none, u just want MORE MORE MORE or you want what your 2 chicken sh.. to get yourself

IF I CHOOSE to play the Trammel play style, then I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO PLAY THE FELUCCA PLAY STYLE, to get things that are MANDATED TO HAVE in order to Play MY CHOICE OF PLAY STYLES.No one is forcing you to play our style just don't try to get the best of both worlds

:sad4::sad4::sad4::sad4:

R

Rubican

Concerning 2x resources: As Fel is so sparsly populated, it is not much of a risk to collect there. The idea of risk vs. reward is over rated - I mine and chop for hours and can't remember the last red I saw. Perhaps raise resources 3x or 4x the closer you get to a dungeon/moongate.

Powerscrolls have saturated the market so heavily they now seem to be more of a way for pvp guilds to keep score than anything. If you want to move them to Tram, throw another bone to the pvp crowd.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get your argument that taking things out of Fel may be counter productive.

BUT

Isn't as counter productive or more so, so con/scam/force some one to go to Fel to acquire something that is mandatory to have?
Powerscrolls aren't mandatory for having fun in UO. Double resources certainly aren't, just takes a bit longer. And as most can also be found inside town guards in Fel, I don't think that's too much risk even for a "trammie" :) Scrolls can be found there too, I've picked up stacks from the floor at Skara bank :)

Wouldn't it far more productive to enhance Fel from an Entertainment perspective that persuaded people to come to Fel because it was fun for THEM? (assumes no compromise in terms of NOT fun for Fel)
You find me some Tram players who are interested in supporting some Fel love and I'll glady support your suggestion. But each and every time a thread comes up discussing Fel content, it seems to want to remove, not add it. Believe me, I've tried darn hard to get folk interested in making Fel about more than resources and scrolls. I've argued plenty in those threads. But the average joe player wants things for himself, not a facet he thinks is unsafe or won't visit. The minute Fel gets anything that Tram facets don't we end up with threads like this calling for it to be "shared". Sharing apparently only works in the favour of Tram facets, not Fel. I don't think we'll see enough support to tart up Fel and I'm not certain that the devs truly want to take the challenge either. A shame really, because there is plenty that can be done, if only someone tried to do it...

Do you really want them there because they are forced to be there or do you want them there because they want to be there.
Obviously the latter. But nobody is forced into Fel in the first place. Trade is your friend here. You can pay others to risk their lives for those scrolls. I really don't see any interest in doing peerless, so I just buy any peerless stuff I want instead. It's the same deal. Or make a thief and rob the gits ;)

Wenchy

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Concerning 2x resources: As Fel is so sparsly populated, it is not much of a risk to collect there. The idea of risk vs. reward is over rated - I mine and chop for hours and can't remember the last red I saw. Perhaps raise resources 3x or 4x the closer you get to a dungeon/moongate.

Powerscrolls have saturated the market so heavily they now seem to be more of a way for pvp guilds to keep score than anything. If you want to move them to Tram, throw another bone to the pvp crowd.
good post

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

good post

Seconded

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Here's my take on the whole resources and champ spawns issue. I don't PvP nor do I resource harvest but I do spend large portions of my in game time in Felucca. From watching and observing what does go on in Felucca I'm of the mind set that there is a need to rebalance the concept of Risk vs Reward in Fel, because it's non-existent at this point in the game, dying and rezing 30 seconds later only to lose insurance gold is not a risk. If it stays as it is now there is no reason not to equate the two facets with the exception of PvP. How would this hurt Felucca? It won't the people that are interested in PvP will still be there participating in it, that won't change. What will change is those that don't want to PvP, nor are they prepared either by maximizing the potential of their characters build (which they probably were going to Fel for PS to do), won't be offered up as sacrificial lambs to a play style they have no interest in interacting with or joining, and each shards raid guilds won't have a dominate control of the Power Scroll market.

I hear the PvP community say that if you don't want to PvP stay in Trammel, fine....but on the same note let a topic like this show up and they scream bloody murder that something that brings, unprepared victims to them could be desired by a larger portion of the player base to be made accessible without having to deal with the PvP community that just said to "Stay in Trammel". So which is it? You want hapless victims or you want the Care Bears to stay out of Fel? You can't have both under the current system.

C

Connor_Graham

good post

Seconded
I can't believe I'm saying this but....

I also agree with beer that this was a good post, so Thirded (if that's the right term...)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powerscrolls aren't mandatory for having fun in UO. Double resources certainly aren't, just takes a bit longer. And as most can also be found inside town guards in Fel, I don't think that's too much risk even for a "trammie" :) Scrolls can be found there too, I've picked up stacks from the floor at Skara bank :)

You find me some Tram players who are interested in supporting some Fel love and I'll glady support your suggestion. But each and every time a thread comes up discussing Fel content, it seems to want to remove, not add it. Believe me, I've tried darn hard to get folk interested in making Fel about more than resources and scrolls. I've argued plenty in those threads. But the average joe player wants things for himself, not a facet he thinks is unsafe or won't visit. The minute Fel gets anything that Tram facets don't we end up with threads like this calling for it to be "shared". Sharing apparently only works in the favour of Tram facets, not Fel. I don't think we'll see enough support to tart up Fel and I'm not certain that the devs truly want to take the challenge either. A shame really, because there is plenty that can be done, if only someone tried to do it...

Obviously the latter. But nobody is forced into Fel in the first place. Trade is your friend here. You can pay others to risk their lives for those scrolls. I really don't see any interest in doing peerless, so I just buy any peerless stuff I want instead. It's the same deal. Or make a thief and rob the gits ;)

Wenchy
Wenchy, We are going to disagree and I think I know you know what is comming next.

I can not tame a Cu Sidhe, Dread War Horse or a Greater Dragon without the Power Scrolls now can I. :) That is a rhetorical question as I learned most of what I know about taming from you and Llewyn (sp). SO I assume you made your statement for a reason, I simply did not get that reason.

I know you have tried to make Fel a Place to Visit, the Los Vegas of UO. It is why I stated and will say again, You and others like you are what UO was supposed to be about. You and the others are as much a victim as the Trammel Players.

Yes there are the Extremists in both camps that shout a very loud White Noise that prevents any meaningful dialogue.

Some times when that is what is going on, one or more people simply need to counter that White Noise and bring silence. The kind of Silence that, if a group takes advantage of, can allow differing camps to create a dialogue, a conversation. BUT at some point that group is going to need to decide if it stands with THEIR extremist or do they distance themselves, actively, from those extremist.

At this point in time in UO's life cycle, there are a number, perhaps a large number, of people that think UO is not going to be here tomorrow and they are afraid/disappointed etc. They react accordingly, a sense of betrayal, a sense of being abandoned, finger pointing, desperation.

What they need to do is let their fears go. Find common ground and learn to tolerate differences. Learn that it is far better to have a person with you because that is what they want rather than to have a person with you because they were forced to be with you.

What everyone needs to do is to stop letting the fanatics drive the Boat. To stand up and say they do not represent the majority view. Regardless of which camp that Fanatic speaking the White Noise is aligned with.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The referendum, as far as I am concerned, is the Single Source (Felucca) for the Power Scrolls and Skill Scrolls. Is it time to change that and let both sides have the ability to acquire them equally.
Everyone has an equal chance to acquire them just depends if your good at UO or not.

Lets see here

FEL: Powerscrolls, 2x resources, Best community

Tram: Peerless, Doom, Paragons, Event content, every expansion since UO:R

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

good post

Seconded

I also agree with beer that this was a good post, so Thirded (if that's the right term...)
The Bone that will be thrown to them, is the Bone they choose to have, that is NOT a demand for sacrifice (as in unrealistic) to be made by other play styles.

THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN CHOOSE THAT BONE. That is their right and only their right, no one elses.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You do, in fact you have two completely different methods to obtain Power Scrolls. The first is you get them directly in one of the five UO facets that exist. On the facet and ruleset which was in place when UO launched and how the creator intended the world to be. If you don't accept this method you can use any countless ways in the safety of the four other facets to amass enough gold to purchase the Power Scrolls you desire.

To come in here screaming that it is unfair to go into an area where you might lose a measly 3,000 gold and other inconsequential items such as potions to another player is ridiculous.

To the person who said that a "bone" should be thrown to PVP if Power Scrolls were moved I would have to submit the following: it would take a lot more effort than people would realize. Champion Spawns worked because of great rewards (which are still desirable to this day) and luck. Any adequate reward for a new PVP system will create topics such as this one because some players are petrified of fighting another player. These types of players should just accept that they need to use gold to get the items they want.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

What he said is true of resource gathering. Trust me I go to a lot of champ spawns on my thief, the only times I don't see them get raided in general is the early hours 1-2 hours before server down on weekdays (I play East Coast so that's about 4-6 am EST). You'll see plenty of Reds during other times. This might not apply to all shards but on the more populated one's I'm sure the same is true.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You do, in fact you have two completely different methods to obtain Power Scrolls. The first is you get them directly in one of the four UO facets that exist. On the facet and ruleset which was in place when UO launched and how the creator intended the world to be.
Ultima's Creator was still at the helm during almost the entire development process of what became Trammel, it is part of what he intended....Richard Garriott left in March of 2000, UO:R launched in April, so actually he was probably there for the entire time of it's development.

But regardless of that you need to take into account the changes that have happened since he left, in Today's UO, there is no Risk vs Reward yielding that lure moot, you can thank insurance and AoS for that. There is no justifiable reasoning to leave power scrolls in Felucca as Risk vs Reward was the sole reasoning behind it. I'm still of the mind of Trade Insurance in Felucca for the spawns, don't let them have both.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To come in here screaming that it is unfair to go into an area where you might lose a measly 3,000 gold and other inconsequential items such as potions to another player is ridiculous.
Fair? Who said anything about Fair, other than you?

This is NOT about Fair.

It is 100% about FORCING (did you know that CAPS are there to bring attention to the word and that the online world has PERVERTED that definition to mean YELLING?) people to play the game in a manner that they CHOOSE TO NOT PLAY.

It is 100% ABOUT THE MINORITY FORCING THEIR CHOICES ON THE MAJORITY.

FAIR IS THE WHINE OF THAT MINORITY.

As in IT ISN'T FAIR THAT TRAMMEL HAVE EVERYTHING AND FELUCCA DOESN'T.

As in IT ISN'T FAIR THAT TRAMMELIANS ARE NOT FORCED TO COME TO FELUCCA AND PLAY OUR GAME.

Fair is the VERBIAGE of the Minority.

This is 100% ABOUT THE MINORITY FORCING THE MAJORITY.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
FEL: Powerscrolls, 2x resources, Best community
Hardly the best community considering the main representation I see as I wander it almost daily. I see trash talking kids that don't care about the quality of the game play they are experiencing, and more about how fast they can "pwn" someone and throw various expletives at them. Or do you mean the Script bots taking advantage of the 2x Resources in the Guard Zones of Minoc and Brittian?

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just becuase they are in guardzones dont mean their safe.

Yes it is the best community, Every shard has PvP guilds, PvP guilds talk smack to each other on a daily basis, but more times than not if someone needed some major help say like their account got hacked their "enemys" are also willing to help get them back up to speed. See we have a respect for players in our playstyle w/o our enemys we wouldnt get to enjoy the game the way we like it. For the most part its like this on Pacific but I would guess its like that on other servers too.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is there's no Real Risk in Fel anymore there for it doesn't justify the rewards. Insurance took the RISK out of Fel completely. If they want to keep their spawns then they should loose their insurance in Fel...at least there would be some risk
This is a fallacy. There never was a chance to drop your items at champ spawns. When champ spawns were invented, if you died in T2A or Dungeon Server in Fel, your body with all of your items and your ghost were transported to a healer or the Chaos Shrine. You were not allowed to go back for 15 minutes (on that character).

Regarding the people MISunderstanding the person who said "This is like saying all Feluccans should have access to Doom". His point was that THEY DO! As do all Trammelites have access to Champ Spawns. If you choose to not get a group together to learn how to do them ... your problem. Would you go to Doom with you miner and expect to get arties??

Regarding "PvM chars getting rolled/raided at a spawn" ... my "PvM" character is fully PvP ready at all times. That way, I don't just get steamrolled if someone raids, I have a chance to fight back. Every person I know has worked a champ spawn on their red characters. I suppose their "purely PvM" characters got red by miracle?

Enigma ... I don't even know what to say to/about you other than your Reality Check obviously bounced ...

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a fallacy. There never was a chance to drop your items at champ spawns. When champ spawns were invented, if you died in T2A or Dungeon Server in Fel, your body with all of your items and your ghost were transported to a healer or the Chaos Shrine. You were not allowed to go back for 15 minutes (on that character).

Regarding the people MISunderstanding the person who said "This is like saying all Feluccans should have access to Doom". His point was that THEY DO! As do all Trammelites have access to Champ Spawns. If you choose to not get a group together to learn how to do them ... your problem. Would you go to Doom with you miner and expect to get arties??

Regarding "PvM chars getting rolled/raided at a spawn" ... my "PvM" character is fully PvP ready at all times. That way, I don't just get steamrolled if someone raids, I have a chance to fight back. Every person I know has worked a champ spawn on their red characters. I suppose their "purely PvM" characters got red by miracle?

Enigma ... I don't even know what to say to/about you other than your Reality Check obviously bounced ...
:scholar::love:

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is there's no Real Risk in Fel anymore there for it doesn't justify the rewards. Insurance took the RISK out of Fel completely. If they want to keep their spawns then they should loose their insurance in Fel...at least there would be some risk
What about items you cannot insure. Resources and PS!!!! LoL @ the newbie!!!! There is risk. Go get them and let a PK get you. Guess what. You risked what you had on your body to get the double resources and the PS. The reward was greater for the time invested. Before you open your mouth about there being no risk do your homework.

If you really think there is no risk let me know what shard you play on. Ill get and make a character there. Go do a solo spawn and work it up. Ill come and raid you. Tell me that there is no risk. You spend an hour working up the spawn just for someone to get and take away your work. There was no risk there, haha. NE ways. Time to go eat dinner. Ill see what other nonsense you spew out later on.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

IF I CHOOSE to play the FELUCCA play style, then I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO PLAY THE TRAMMEL PLAY STYLE, to get things that are MANDATED TO HAVE in order to Play MY CHOICE OF PLAY STYLES.

See what I did there? There is no Travesty in Fel. There is no Dreadhorn in Fel. There are no Cu Sidhe spawn in Fel. No Lesser Hiryu, no Greater Hiryu, no whole city with GZ for player vendors, there is no DOOM in Fel (I have to BUY all my arties if I want to never go to Tram ... but where will I buy them if I never go to Tram?!?) No paragons in Fel, heck MELISSA was not in Fel ... if I want to fight a Lady of the Snow I can't do it in Fel ... need I go on??

Until such time as I am not FORCED to go to TRAM for things I want or need, you can **** off. *edit* For the record, I did not say a foul word there! The filter just makes it look like I did! (okay, it wasnt the nicest word, but it was not what it looks like, either!)

M

mmmbeer

instead of ps's in tram/ilsh spawns they should spawn alacrity scrolls!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
instead of ps's in tram/ilsh spawns they should spawn alacrity scrolls!
Thats been suggested, but the trammies still wanna argue about there is no risk in fel and they should have all the perks of fel w/o the felluca playstyle forced upon them. I think they whining now to hear themselves whine.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima's Creator was still at the helm during almost the entire development process of what became Trammel, it is part of what he intended....Richard Garriott left in March of 2000, UO:R launched in April, so actually he was probably there for the entire time of it's development.
I believe he worked on UO2 after T2A expansion. He doesn't even show up in the UO:R credits. It is doubtful he had any part in UO:R.

But regardless of that you need to take into account the changes that have happened since he left, in Today's UO, there is no Risk vs Reward yielding that lure moot, you can thank insurance and AoS for that.
If there was no risk then we wouldn't have this topic in the first place. Some players still perceive there to be a risk in just going to the Felucca facet. Thus the risk vs reward rational is still intact.

EnigmaMaitreya said:
It is 100% ABOUT THE MINORITY FORCING THEIR CHOICES ON THE MAJORITY.
It is funny that you just want to disregard the population in UO which actually frequent Felucca. A population many times larger than the Kingdom Reborn user-base. A population confirmed by a developer that makes up at least 25% of all UO players (quoted from an interview). While the number of people who play UO may not exceed the number who stay in Trammel facets, it is not small enough to just push them aside.

I bet the number of players who truly want Power Scrolls in Trammel is a fraction of the population of Felucca players.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

IF I CHOOSE to play the FELUCCA play style, then I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO PLAY THE TRAMMEL PLAY STYLE, to get things that are MANDATED TO HAVE in order to Play MY CHOICE OF PLAY STYLES.

See what I did there? There is no Travesty in Fel. There is no Dreadhorn in Fel. There are no Cu Sidhe spawn in Fel. No Lesser Hiryu, no Greater Hiryu, no whole city with GZ for player vendors, there is no DOOM in Fel (I have to BUY all my arties if I want to never go to Tram ... but where will I buy them if I never go to Tram?!?) No paragons in Fel, heck MELISSA was not in Fel ... if I want to fight a Lady of the Snow I can't do it in Fel ... need I go on??

Until such time as I am not FORCED to go to TRAM for things I want or need, you can **** off.
We wouldn't want you to forget this :)

... Pointless Rhetoric designed to declare their great they are....
"need I go on?"

No not at all. Least wise not on my account.

When people can NOT make their own arguments and need to resort to DISTORTING others and in the same breath state they are INSANE (as in out of touch with reality) they make it perfectly clear they have nothing of value to say and can only try to INSULT others in a desperate attempt to dominate them.

To those people, Hello, How are you. Mind keeping your Day Care Psycho Babble to you and your peers? While it is clear you wont, then be advised your Day Care Psycho Babble will most certainly be given the careful consideration and attention it so richly deserves. :)

The point in this reply? Certainly nothing to do with you. :) You can rest assured of that.

It is to demonstrate to others, that they need not even ... that they too can give your kind of post the careful attention it so richly deserves. :)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Um ... that was not pointless rhetoric ... that was exactly what my second post elaborated on. Reality Check ... did not particularly mean you are insane, but that you are only seeing your side of the argument - thus your view is skewed.

I notice you do not see a need to answer why Feluccans have to go to Tram for so many of their wants/needs? Why is that, Enigma, you hope that if you shout loud enough that I was insulting you (something that you yourself are amazingly good at) that people will not notice the truthfulness of what I posted?

To be blunt with you, I would be ecstatic if I never had to leave the Fel ruleset again (and no, I have no desire to play the Siege ruleset, so that is NOT an option); however, that is not a choice I have to make if I wish to have access to all those things I mentioned and more ...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I play on Europa I spend 95% of my time in Trammel. So I guess that makes me a trammie...

I vote NO to having PSs drop in Trammel!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The day Fel will have everything unique that the tram ruleset facets has, sure. Until then, don't go trying to take what makes fel different that can actually draw people here. Seriously, this sounds like an attempt to slowly and surely destroy what makes fel different and appealing to travel to.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, did I mention I think Doom in Fel ruleset would be SO MUCH FUN!! I had a BALL during Magencia event, making field alliances to not get ganked, trying to outrun or outfight, and trying to get away with the best goodies?

I went to Tram for aboutr 10 minutes of the event ... found the people there to be exceptionally RUDE and GREEDY, what with kill-stealing, luring, and refusal to res others, in general ZERO community and ALL *me me me me me* and there was not a thing to be done but accept it or leave ... I chose to leave and go where anyone doing these things could be forced to show that they were the better competitor and as such deserved the items more than I ...

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can not tame a Cu Sidhe, Dread War Horse or a Greater Dragon without the Power Scrolls now can I. :)
Correct, you can't. (Actually you can't tame a Dread War Horse anyway, unless someone decides to release one).

But you don't need a 120 power scroll to do these things. In fact, a 110 does quite nicely for most of them.

Now, so far, two methods of getting power scrolls have been mentioned: Earning them in combat, and buying them. But this skips out on the two other methods.

First up, scrolls below 120 are typically considered worthless. Give it a week after the spring cleaning event ends and Despise will once again be littered with them. You can spend all of five minutes in there, and walk out with a ton of scrolls other players just dropped. Sure you might be running on the way out, but it isn't that hard to do a lap.

If even THAT is too risky for you, just gate to Luna. Every other day people unload their freshly earnt PSs onto the ground around the bank/gate, or into the chests. Scrolls everywhere.

Heck, I used to collect the things. You know how it is with new players - Every bit of garbage loot they find, they stack up and put in their house? And then one day they realise it's all useless and throw it all away (and proceed to collect the next level of garbage). You see, people do this with power scrolls too.

It's very easy to break the 100 mark without going to Fel or paying a single gold coin.

S

Sebrina

I'm not even going to read through all the posts on this one. I predominantly play in Trammel, but anyone can go to Felucca any time they want, and I do my fair share of that as well. Champion Spawns are there for the taking, and yes it usually takes an organized group to do it. That's the point.

So what? *shrugs* *yawns*:sleep2: What's the real point in the post and survey...? just my oppinion.
:bdh: Go ahead and beat the mule!

C

Crow

Once, long ago...I was leading a group to a spawn. As I was thinking of where to go, someone commented, "it would be nice if there was a spawn that never got raided..."

After a twitch of anger, I told him in my most serious, and sarcastic voice step by step directions to Valor, and said we would meet him there.

After the raid was over, many deaths on both sides...a champ lost, but much exciting chaos...I had a thought...The danger of the raid is what is about. Having everything handed to you with no challenge is boring.

People who don't enjoy the aspects of this game that truly make it exciting, or are willing to learn, improve or maybe even expand their horizons a bit don’t deserve to enjoy the benefits.

But feel free to keep buying the scrolls from our vendors...all those 115's and 120s are taking up a lot of lock downs, lol...

And that confused guy sitting alone at Valor probably wouldn't have been much help anyway...

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is forcing anybody to goto Felucca. You can make money needed to buy powerscrolls right in Trammel.

I hate to jump on the bandwagon but you are so clueless Enigma that I feel I have no choice.

At the time you chose "to play the Trammel play style" were there powerscrolls & 2x resources in Trammel? No, of course not.

So you got exactly what you chose son. Now you are unhappy with what you chose so instead of growing a set you are now "choosing" to whine to the Devs to help you get what you are clearly unable to obtain yourself ingame :(

Extremely pathetic.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
People who don't enjoy the aspects of this game that truly make it exciting, or are willing to learn, improve or maybe even expand their horizons a bit don’t deserve to enjoy the benefits.
Where people derive enjoyment of the game varies from person to person. I get excited when playing my thief... I get excited just as much Solo keying Chief Paroxysmus, I enjoy keying Travesty or the Dreadhorn solo on my Dexxer, just because you like the excitement you derive from PvP doesn't mean everyone does or should. Someone else said it either on this thread or a similar one, Fel is the only place you can force your play style on someone else, I bet you'd have a different opinion if they could force theirs on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.