• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns and 2X Resources for Trammel

Should the Champion Spawns and 2X Resources be put on Trammel.

• Yes - Champion Spawns and 2X Resources should be in Trammel

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • No - Leave Champion Spawns and 2X Resources as they are

Votes: 124 64.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It currently seems that the biggest challenge a Trammelite wants to face is how long he/she has to wait in line to farm Peerless :(

this is a good point. one poster said that ilshenar champ spawns are harder than felucca ones. the only think "hard" about them is that it takes forever to do them because they spawn so slow.

if anything, the challenge in Trammel is fighting boredom. and the only way to do that is to actually talk to people yet it seems like everybody wants their own personal dungeon. it makes no sense.

C

Connor_Graham

By harder I believe that's in reference to the Paragon versions of the monsters.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lets face it folks, there is 0 challenge anywhere other then Felucca. If you dont understand this I truly feel sorry for you as far as your gaming life is concerned)is just plain sad and IMO no factor when it comes to Uo.
It currently seems that the biggest challenge a Trammelite wants to face is how long he/she has to wait in line to farm Peerless :(
Again, we see the Feluccans stateing clearly that if YOU PvM you face NO CHALLENGE PERIOD.

That YOU IN FACT FACE NO RISK PERIOD.

In short when FELUCCANS die to a Mob or a PC FELUCCANS TOOK RISK AND FACED CHALLENGES (you know that Miner got lucky or was better skilled)

TRAMMELIANS DIE to a MoB and TRAMMELIANS TOOK NO RISK, FACED NO CHALLENGE.

WHAT FELUCCANS DO IS VALID, WHAT TRAMMELIANS DO IS INVALID / POINTLESS.

Wenchy, THIS GUY IS SPEAKING FOR YOU.

"Qui tacet consentit" (silence implies consent)

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea and the Tokuno ones are pretty hard. I guess minus the PvP aspect the ones in Trammel are harder. If you could get powerscrolls at all of those everyone would just flood the Barracoon in Ilshenar and camp it all day until the items were common. It wouldn't take very long (few weeks?) for the best scrolls to become worthless.

C

Connor_Graham

I want some of what Enigma is smoking.

It's gotta be some good stuff.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If there is no risk then there is no issue.

Absolutely no reason to open up Powerscrolls and/or double resources to any other facet.
Everyone can just come to empty Felucca risk free to farm resources & obtain scrolls.

End of story.

A) Felucca is not empty so therefore deserving of all the support accorded any facet. Because if it was empty nobody from Trammel would have any problem whatsoever coming to Felucca and getting their hearts desire.

B) Anybody that wants items just given to them with 0 challenge(and lets face it folks, there is 0 challenge anywhere other then Felucca. If you dont understand this I truly feel sorry for you as far as your gaming life is concerned)is just plain sad and IMO no factor when it comes to Uo.
On the same point if there is no Risk there is no justification of restricting them to a "Mirrored" facet.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, we see the Feluccans stateing clearly that if YOU PvM you face NO CHALLENGE PERIOD.

In short when FELUCCANS die to a Mob or a PC FELUCCANS TOOK RISK AND FACED CHALLENGES (you know that Miner got lucky or was better skilled)

They risk wasting their time, that is about it. Also some people have a major problem with another human player attacking them, for whatever reasons.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea and the Tokuno ones are pretty hard. I guess minus the PvP aspect the ones in Trammel are harder. If you could get powerscrolls at all of those everyone would just flood the Barracoon in Ilshenar and camp it all day until the items were common. It wouldn't take very long (few weeks?) for the best scrolls to become worthless.
Oh, and then this would be a BLOW to the Scripters / Gold Sellers Farming them. I take you think that would be a BAD THING.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh, and then this would be a BLOW to the Scripters / Gold Sellers Farming them. I take you think that would be a BAD THING.

It would be a blow to the speed hack/healer script running raid guilds which is just as good.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason fel has double reasorces is for "risk vs reward" .. the only reason it was put in place is to give you a perk for gathering in fel.. if they put double in tram, then it would be the same as making it normal drop rate in fel and tram... makes no since, if you doubled it in tram, then it would make the double drop the "norm" ...

As for champ spawns, are you joking? That's where champ spawns were created, and that's where they are done in fel, where you have to battle for them.

If this was done, then fel would just be for pvping, and would have no unique things. Might as well remove tram/fel at that point and make it the same fecet, because there would be no need to go to fel anymore. Might as well make tram/fel the same thing at that point.

No, and NO.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The only reason fel has double reasorces is for "risk vs reward" .. the only reason it was put in place is to give you a perk for gathering in fel.. if they put double in tram, then it would be the same as making it normal drop rate in fel and tram... makes no since, if you doubled it in tram, then it would make the double drop the "norm" ...

As for champ spawns, are you joking? That's where champ spawns were created, and that's where they are done in fel, where you have to battle for them.

If this was done, then fel would just be for pvping, and would have no unique things. Might as well remove tram/fel at that point and make it the same fecet, because there would be no need to go to fel anymore. Might as well make tram/fel the same thing at that point.

No, and NO.
Thing is there's no Real Risk in Fel anymore there for it doesn't justify the rewards. Insurance took the RISK out of Fel completely. If they want to keep their spawns then they should loose their insurance in Fel...at least there would be some risk

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rewards of double resorces if put in tram would make it no longer double recorces .. it would just make it the normal drop that you get when mining, or LJ'ing... makes no since...

Insurance is for your clothing, and weapons.... not what you mined, you can't insure your ore, or wood, or champ scrolls.

Spawns were made in fel, and well putting them into tram would be like making no reason to be in fel anymore... might as well get rid or tram and fel at that point and make just one facet, like the old days... The only reason there would be tram/fel at that point would be for more house spots.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is there's no Real Risk in Fel anymore there for it doesn't justify the rewards. Insurance took the RISK out of Fel completely. If they want to keep their spawns then they should loose their insurance in Fel...at least there would be some risk
well that's fine but then it will be just like siege, we will have all the stupid problems with blessed items. people will just have suits they use for dueling and then a crap suit they use for raiding and spawning. it will just make the spawns harder not introduce any real risk.

i wouldn't even really care if they made Felucca no-insurance. go ahead, maybe it will spice things up a little.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
well that's fine but then it will be just like siege, we will have all the stupid problems with blessed items. people will just have suits they use for dueling and then a crap suit they use for raiding and spawning. it will just make the spawns harder not introduce any real risk.

i wouldn't even really care if they made Felucca no-insurance. go ahead, maybe it will spice things up a little.
You get 1 blessed item on siege...all the gift items like quivers of infinity, and Ancient Sammy Helms had the blesses removed....Same thing could apply in Fel, if it's blessed the property doesn't work in Fel. Shouldn't be that hard to do...just a toggle based on facet.

C

Coppelia

Yes of course, just to make some UHaller yell at their monitor.
I just have a problem with that suggestion : if Trammel goes ressources x 2, then "x 2" becomes the standard and everything returns to a new "x 1". So if you want Trammel to be "x 2", you need to actually make it "x 4" ! :D

For Trammel Champions, they should give special powerscroll that gives you the bonus without using skill points. You would train Swordsmanship to 100, and the special powerscroll would raise it to 120 without using more skill points. Also the Harrower would drop double amount of gold coins plus Bags of Sending with 1 charge.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes of course, just to make some UHaller yell at their monitor.
I just have a problem with that suggestion : if Trammel goes ressources x 2, then "x 2" becomes the standard and everything returns to a new "x 1". So if you want Trammel to be "x 2", you need to actually make it "x 4" ! :D

For Trammel Champions, they should give special powerscroll that gives you the bonus without using skill points. You would train Swordsmanship to 100, and the special powerscroll would raise it to 120 without using more skill points. Also the Harrower would drop double amount of gold coins plus Bags of Sending with 1 charge.
that's not a terrible idea. meaning you would have to play that character at the spawn a ton of times to get 120 in what you wanted. that's like gambling your time. you could goto fel and get the actual item and it would be tradeable, or you can do it in Tram and get random 5 10 15 20 each time you go at it but it will take forever to get what you want or max out your char. especially since most of the time you'd be getting a single +10

i still don't like it though. all powerscrolling should be done in felucca. but at least someone is trying to compromise.

V

Vaneca

Double ressources in trammel?
No problem, go ahead.

Give trammel almost everything there is to get?
Sure, thats what happened since trammel exists.

Give trammel champs with powerscrolls?
No! This would be the ultimate death sentence for this game.
Even if they made the spawn and the champs like 100 times harder to kill. That wouldnt make any difference, since there would be like 50-100 ppl killing the champs.

If thinking about Ilsh champs, why not think about giving them some other drop.
Anything but PS. Give them arties, cursed arties, give them a chance of a crimson drop or wtf else, but NO PS for god sakes.

PS drop in trammel = final death sentence to uo

Note to champing:
Everybody can do a champ and get Ps! You dont have to be a "leet" pvper or have a big group to do that!
Unless ofc champing for you only means doing Despise at prime time on weekends. lol

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good point, after the PS and 2X are on Trammel that will be next. Thank you.
Actually there is no point in moving them to Felucca considering how easy it is to get the artifacts now. If it was the old system it might have been an even trade. But there is no way Doom Artifacts are worth as much as what Power Scrolls in Trammel would be.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dear Enigma,

I normally try to avoid this type of thread, as the posters in them can usually be broken down into three stereotypes:

1) The "evil, scripting Felucca gankers", who shout at the Trammie carebears.

2) The "Trammie carebears", who shout at the evil, scripting Felucca gankers.

3) The posters who choose to sample all aspects of UO gameplay, and who thus reap the benefits obtained from being a "rounded" UO subscriber.

Unfortunately, in almost every Tram vs. Fel thread, the third category of player gets drowned-out by the nonsense spewed by both extremes; as in real life, UO extremism appears to be far easier to accept than a broadminded, balanced view.

You obviously have deep-seated concerns regarding the death of your cartoon character at the hands of my cartoon character. That's fair enough. I don't begrudge you that - we are all entitled to our views on the way that this computer game is played.

Why not simply accept that some people choose to play a different version of UO than you do? (Please note: I didn't say "a better version"; or "a harder version"; or "the real version"... just "different".)

ALL rewards are available to EVERY character.

The Trammie carebears can buy their scrolls from the Felucca gankers, whilst the Felucca gankers can buy their Artifacts and Peerless stuff from the Trammie carebears.

Please just accept that UO should not revolve around you, or the "Trammie carebears", or the "Felucca gankers."
For UO to progress, its' gameplay should be aimed at improving the experience of the 3rd class of UO player... you know... the players who might have a permanent "red", and also have a roleplay-only GM beggar-type character... (certainly a minority of the most vocal Stratics posters, but quite prossibly the majority of UO players.)

NB. To any "Trammie carebears" or "Felucca gankers" who are offended by my use of these terms... I really don't care.

S

Sindris

Yes yes yes yes and yes.

I never did understand why they gave control of one of the most important pieces of advanced skill gains to the most antisocial portion of the games population. And yes, I know you guys think that gathering in packs with full macros running while you kill each other and shout obsceneties and make excuses for running on foot faster than I do mounted is a social function. Good for you, keep the double resources but its time to take sole control of power scrolls out of the hands of murderers and campers. Find something else to do and if YOU don't like it, go play WoW.

As for power scrolls in trammel being a death sentence to uo... Bulls***. All it would do is flood the market with powerscrolls so that EVERYONE could have them the same way they have everything else already. I know it would kill some of you tough felluca guys to see trammies with skill sets as high as yours without them having to pay YOU through the nose for them. Too bad.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes yes yes yes and yes.

I never did understand why they gave control of one of the most important pieces of advanced skill gains to the most antisocial portion of the games population. And yes, I know you guys think that gathering in packs with full macros running while you kill each other and shout obsceneties and make excuses for running on foot faster than I do mounted is a social function. Good for you, keep the double resources but its time to take sole control of power scrolls out of the hands of murderers and campers. Find something else to do and if YOU don't like it, go play WoW.
There you go again, another Trammelite poster spreading propaganda about the PvP community.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK. We've had enough polls on Fel vs. Tram. Can we stop it now? They come to nothing, so stop wasting your time and mine!

Trammel = PvM. Less risk, less reward.
Felucca = PvP, Resource Gathering. More risk, more reward.

Enough said.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Enigma,
You obviously have deep-seated concerns regarding the death of your cartoon character at the hands of my cartoon character
... Increasingly INTOLERANT Day Care Psycho Babble
It is really cool that you so clearly point out that you deal with the world based on Fantasies you create about the external world.

I thank you for making it quite clear the ... quality .... err ... the basis for your perceptions of the world. I can now .... give them .... the oh so careful attention they so .... richly deserve. :) Have a nice day now and remember to think/fantasize happy thoughts (or evil thoughts/fantasies to those that don't agree with you) about your perception of the External World.

On the other hand you might stick to what you know, which is absolutely nothing when it comes to me specifically and, in my opinion, not very much to nothing about the convenient stero types you .... what ever.

B

Bluebottle

There you go again, another Trammelite poster spreading propaganda about the PvP community.

Alas - too true, I've stayed in FEL, rarely PvP except as a last resort doing just fine over there. Admittedly I have to scoot to Tram to buy stuff or do some Tram quests. Surely the PvP and few non-PvP folks who stuck it out in FEL should realize some value for sticking it out!

C

Connor_Graham

It is really cool that you so clearly point out that you deal with the world based on Fantasies you create about the external world.

I thank you for making it quite clear the ... quality .... err ... the basis for your perceptions of the world. I can now .... give them .... the oh so careful attention they so .... richly deserve. :) Have a nice day now and remember to think/fantasize happy thoughts (or evil thoughts/fantasies to those that don't agree with you) about your perception of the External World.

On the other hand you might stick to what you know, which is absolutely nothing when it comes to me specifically and, in my opinion, not very much to nothing about the convenient stero types you .... what ever.
When you start making sense we'll start paying attention to your opinions again.

:coco:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, trammel can have 2x resources, but then give fel 4x resources, lol.

The reason Fel has 2x resources is because of the Risk Factor. Pks are part of the Risk Factor. There is really no risk involved in most resource gathering in tram. If you want the 2x resources then go for the risk and to to fel.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Risk versus Reward is why Fel has Champ Spawns and 2x Resources.

You want these rewards take the risk.

Quit Whinning

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"I just have a problem with that suggestion : if Trammel goes ressources x 2, then "x 2" becomes the standard and everything returns to a new "x 1". So if you want Trammel to be "x 2", you need to actually make it "x 4" ! :D"

Well .... technically, it would be RESTORING Trammel Resources to the ORIGINAL values that were in Trammel as a copy of the Original UO. Hence the suggestion of 2Xing Trammel rather than .5Xing Felucca.

As to the Power Scrolls (Stats and Skills), these have become Mandatory to play the game at its highest level. The mobs have become so tuned to them that one can not effectively encounter them without them. Example Try to Tame a Cu Sidhe or Greater Dragon or Dread War Horse with a 100 Taming and 100 Lore and 100 Veterinary. You WILL get ta message saying you stand NO CHANCE OF TAMING THAT CREATURE.

Now that it is perfectly clear the PS's are MANDATORY :) look at the other aspect. They are also MANDATORY to be gotten by yourself from a PLAY STYLE ONE HAS REJECTED. This IMPLICITLY forces that Play Style on you OR it IMPLICITLY forces you to NOT get the Items for yourself OR it IMPLICITLY forces you to NOT PLAY THE GAME at its highest level. Any way you look at it, the Trammelians are FORCED to Play a PLAY STYLE that is NOT of their choosing.

In addition .... no we shall just leave out the Zerging Scripters/Gold Sellers.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you live with a group that advocates your destruction?

How do you communicate with a group that insist your incompetent to understand your own self. Meaning the drop dead insistence that Trammel people are NOT happy unless they are being Ganked by them.

Given this group is a very very very small group, a subset of the Feluccans, were is the voice from the Feluccans denouncing them?
How can we say for sure those players are true Feluccans though? The only difference between Tram and Fel is the additional rules. Those rules force good behaviour to a great extent, regardless of the morals of said players. How nice would Tram players be if all the rules and restrictions were lifted for just a day? And how many players come out of that restricted environment right now determined to cause trouble once they hit Fel?

I'm not saying Fel players are all nice, as that would be silly, but I am pointing out that Fel doesn't have a monopoly on jerks and that Tram isn't so sweet-sweet either. Just steal a bit of spawn, kill a crafter's satyr or arrive at an event with a greater dragon. See how nice people are in Tram then ;) If I get trash talked in game, its in Tram. I think we see more than a few visiting jerks in Fel, but sadly they're not easily banished. I'd quite happily repatriate strays back to Tram if only herding worked on players...

The players I know who are truly Fel residents don't always have an attitude of fouling up their own back yard. On Europa we do have brats, but if I felt they were even 25% of the folks I met in Fel, I wouldn't play UO anymore. I have never felt so supported and part of a community in Fel as I do now.

I don't know what the solutions are, but I don't think pulling content directly or indirectly from Fel is going to help anyone. If anything it'll just make any bitter Feluccans even more bitter. If we depend on Tram for trading our powerscrolls and resources, we have to interact and get along with Tram players to an extent. And if there is no demand from Tram because you guys have your own champ spawns, the Fel champs won't be that busy either. I sincerely hope that we didn't have our old dungeons wrecked to then stand deserted. Besides, within a week all powerscrolls would be worthless having been camped senseless, and you too would have crappy ugly dungeons. One of the few nice things in Tram is seeing T2A and old dungeons as they once looked. I sincerely hope that doesn't change.

Wenchy

Ylias Tendris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont do champspawns or PvP, but its totally valid for the feluccans to have their rewards. Whats the point? If you dont dare to go to fell you can always buy the stuff. Everyone buys stuff from others when they dont like the playstyle which is needed to obtain it. Seems another kid here whinning: Gimme, gimme, gimme. And on a side note you can do anything you want without having 120 points in a skill. If you cant afford to buy a +10 scroll you really should be ashamed of yourself.

C

Connor_Graham

"I just have a problem with that suggestion : if Trammel goes ressources x 2, then "x 2" becomes the standard and everything returns to a new "x 1". So if you want Trammel to be "x 2", you need to actually make it "x 4" ! :D"

Well .... technically, it would be RESTORING Trammel Resources to the ORIGINAL values that were in Trammel as a copy of the Original UO. Hence the suggestion of 2Xing Trammel rather than .5Xing Felucca.

As to the Power Scrolls (Stats and Skills), these have become Mandatory to play the game at its highest level. The mobs have become so tuned to them that one can not effectively encounter them without them. Example Try to Tame a Cu Sidhe or Greater Dragon or Dread War Horse with a 100 Taming and 100 Lore and 100 Veterinary. You WILL get ta message saying you stand NO CHANCE OF TAMING THAT CREATURE.

Now that it is perfectly clear the PS's are MANDATORY :) look at the other aspect. They are also MANDATORY to be gotten by yourself from a PLAY STYLE ONE HAS REJECTED. This IMPLICITLY forces that Play Style on you OR it IMPLICITLY forces you to NOT get the Items for yourself OR it IMPLICITLY forces you to NOT PLAY THE GAME at its highest level. Any way you look at it, the Trammelians are FORCED to Play a PLAY STYLE that is NOT of their choosing.

In addition .... no we shall just leave out the Zerging Scripters/Gold Sellers.
Uh....I have just one thing to say to that:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Risk versus Reward is why Fel has Champ Spawns and 2x Resources.

You want these rewards take the risk.

Quit Whinning
It is time to addess this .... Parroted Rehtoric and disclose it for what it is. Just a cliche that people parrot and have NO clue what they are talking about.

First Stake in the Ground. Choose one, either UO or ANY MMORPG is about the Reward OR IT IS ABOUT THE ENTERTAINMENT.

If you choose AND YOU WILL BE PROVEN TO CHOOSE Entertainment, then Risk vs Reward is NOTHING BUT A SLOGAN with NO RELEVANCE OR VALUE.

If you Choose Risk vs Reward then your EXLUDING THE ENTERTAINMENT value of attaining the REWARD. Step back and think on that. You pay the subscription rate FOR THE REWARD ONLY, there is NO ENTERTAINMENT value.

*Caugh* Hello Scriptor / Gold Seller how are you doing. :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw shucks, surely hasn't figured out I have a big enough mouth of my own yet then...Though I think everyone here knows better than believe that :D

Nah, I know what he was saying and kinda agree. f you do the same spawn in Tram then do it in Fel, the Fel does have more challenge because you can be attacked by players at the least opportune moment. If you did the book of truth quest as I did on both facets, you'd have found that in the same spot there was MUCH more challenge on the Fel side ;) Yeah some PvM bosses are tough in Tram, but the only reason we can't discuss how hard they are in Fel is because they don't pop there.

Wenchy

I

InTooDeep

There is no reason to move Powerscrolls and Skill scrolls out of Fel. People who do champ spawns or raid them are doing the same thing that almost everyone in the game does- find something that they enjoy and try to make some money at it so that they can keep doing it. Miners mine, Tailors make barbed runic armor, PK's and Spawners collect powerscrolls, Blacksmiths find new professions, Alchemists make potions, etc.

Sure, anyone who plays the majority of their time in Fel can have a dedicated character to go to Tram and buy, sell etc. Likewise, any person who spends most of their time in Tram can have a dedicated character to go to fel and get powerscrolls. Am I missing something?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you Choose Risk vs Reward then your EXLUDING THE ENTERTAINMENT value of attaining the REWARD. Step back and think on that. You pay the subscription rate FOR THE REWARD ONLY, there is NO ENTERTAINMENT value.
Yeah, we do pay, and? It's a game, part of the entertainment are challenges. Unless you like to use cheat codes other games. I think there is more entertainment in a game where you have to try harder to get what you want then to coast on by and get exactly what you want without even trying or risking anything. There has to be some kind of reward for someone who is actually willing to venture into a more dangerous place to get something they want.

D

DHMagicMan_1

How's this for a compromise then. I tend to think Trammies are much more willing to compromise than Fels so let's just have a look and see.

1... Remove double resources for all. No Double Resources anywhere.

2... Power Scrolls +20s are only possible in Fel Ruleset. +10s and +15s can drop in Tram Ruleset Champ Spawns (which will be created) with 25% reduced overall likelyhood...

Fels still have monopoly on +20s but not on +15 or lower and not on +Stats. No difference in resource gathering so no easy marks for reds picking off harvesters with no defense skills. Less macroers going to Fel because no reason for them to.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can we say for sure those players are true Feluccans though? The only difference between Tram and Fel is the additional rules. Those rules force good behaviour to a great extent, regardless of the morals of said players. How nice would Tram players be if all the rules and restrictions were lifted for just a day? And how many players come out of that restricted environment right now determined to cause trouble once they hit Fel?

I'm not saying Fel players are all nice, as that would be silly, but I am pointing out that Fel doesn't have a monopoly on jerks and that Tram isn't so sweet-sweet either. Just steal a bit of spawn, kill a crafter's satyr or arrive at an event with a greater dragon. See how nice people are in Tram then ;) If I get trash talked in game, its in Tram. I think we see more than a few visiting jerks in Fel, but sadly they're not easily banished. I'd quite happily repatriate strays back to Tram if only herding worked on players...

The players I know who are truly Fel residents don't always have an attitude of fouling up their own back yard. On Europa we do have brats, but if I felt they were even 25% of the folks I met in Fel, I wouldn't play UO anymore. I have never felt so supported and part of a community in Fel as I do now.

I don't know what the solutions are, but I don't think pulling content directly or indirectly from Fel is going to help anyone. If anything it'll just make any bitter Feluccans even more bitter. If we depend on Tram for trading our powerscrolls and resources, we have to interact and get along with Tram players to an extent. And if there is no demand from Tram because you guys have your own champ spawns, the Fel champs won't be that busy either. I sincerely hope that we didn't have our old dungeons wrecked to then stand deserted. Besides, within a week all powerscrolls would be worthless having been camped senseless, and you too would have crappy ugly dungeons. One of the few nice things in Tram is seeing T2A and old dungeons as they once looked. I sincerely hope that doesn't change.

Wenchy
How can we say for sure those players are true Feluccans though?
And isn't that the truth.

There is no way to determine any truths as this is an anonymous online environment were anyone can say anything they want and proving it is NOT part of the .... environment.

BUT :)

There is the ability to Stand up and say This is NOT what I think ..... yadda yadda yadda. We each and every one of us has that ability.

An example, that also defines a majority (read as not ALWAYS) of how I deal with groups/gestalt encounters.

The setting is EQ but I am sure it can be readily translated to any MMORPG.

A group is at a spawn site where multiple mobs spawn.

A single person is at the same spawn site.

Both groups co-exist and are having fun.

The group incorporates a new member. This new member begins to take the spawn the single player was taking.

The argument the new player uses is "No one owns the Mob".

This is the Truth of the Rules. No one does own a Mob. BUT the Culture is Spawn Shareing. These two are opposing encounter systems.

Now, the GROUP stays silent or sends through tells (a private communication system) that they do not agree with the new person but what can they do. OR in a worse case scenario, enter the feeding frenzy supporting the Bad Behavior (as defined by the Culture but is legitimized by The Rule).

The Paradox, N number of people co-exist and have fun. A single person changes the balance. They can change the balance because the Group chose to either do nothing or condone what they other wise would say is Bad Behavior.

I am not a good person to be around as I wont do that, Bad Behavior (as I define it), period. It is not relevant if it is me (and I will be the first to admit I am behaving badly), my children, my friends, my group mates, my guild mates, my server mates. I will act accordingly. I have disbanded groups because of this. I have left Guilds because of this.

If our mates/friends reject us because they behaved in a manner that we do not agree with, well then what kind of mates/friends are they? That would willingly and knowingly put us at moral/ethical risk? That would dis own us because we did not approve of their behavior (vs finding common ground)?

------------------------------------

I get your argument that taking things out of Fel may be counter productive.

BUT

Isn't as counter productive or more so, so con/scam/force some one to go to Fel to acquire something that is mandatory to have?

Wouldn't it far more productive to enhance Fel from an Entertainment perspective that persuaded people to come to Fel because it was fun for THEM? (assumes no compromise in terms of NOT fun for Fel)

Do you really want them there because they are forced to be there or do you want them there because they want to be there.

H

Harb

I wrote above:
On populated shards, you either have to be a satisfied "raider" or a frustrated victim; the two never seem mutually available as an outcome. Let's review the latter first. The group of victims begins working a spawn, with characters tailored specifically to the PvM challenge. They become heavily engaged with the spawn, and work the levels upward. Only the largest guilds can afford to have added players set aside as "guards," and even in this case guarding forces are quite dispersed. The "raiding" party performs reconnaissance, and monitors. At the pinnacle of the spawn, the assault begins. The raiding characters are also tailored to task, so the ensuing fight pits PvP oriented characters against PvM oriented characters. The latter are engaged by both spawn, better suited characters, and are dispersed across the spawn zone. The outcome is predetermined.

....IT IS ABOUT THE ENTERTAINMENT.
Under our current system, entertainment within this framework is for the "raiding party" only. Frustration, leading to abandonment of efforts, is the outcome for the victims.

... then Risk vs Reward is NOTHING BUT A SLOGAN with NO RELEVANCE OR VALUE.
This has always been so; it was and remains a flawed justification phrase. In the end, those who accept no risk, the raiding party, receive the reward. Along these lines, "effort" also goes unrewarded.

But back to the scenario, the only one I have ever seen, and have seen often. What you must understand Enigma, is that folks on both side of this issue have very strong opinions. Each side is emotionally and play style committed within uncompromising camps. It renders any conversation, analysis, or debate useless. The continually unfolding scenario was predicted in advance, argued vehemently after implementation and remains uncorrected through today. Talk until you're blue in the face, neither "view," valid or otherwise, is going to sway in the least. OSI should have gotten it right the first time, or corrected this along the way - they didn't. Mythic can fix it, they won't.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EnigmaMaitreya;854888 as a copy of the Original UO. Hence the suggestion of 2Xing Trammel rather than .5Xing Felucca. As to the Power Scrolls (Stats and Skills) said:
( ORIGINAL UO HAD NO TRAMMEL, CAREBEARS CRIED AND GOT IT)

( You guys don't play against the Highest level...which would b other players not a NPC, or monster that will do the same thing over and over and over....gtp?)

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I answered yes.

I don't think that powerscrolls should be PvP contested. They are necessary for all aspects of gameplay and heavily influence PvM. That being said I believe that a valuable resource/prize of some type should be available in contested areas. It can be related to status, gear or otherwise.

Resources should be normal no matter where you are. Being able to mine or log in relative safety in the majority of the fel areas shouldn't give more. Again, baitin the hook for sheep.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given the clear Minority of the Feluccan's, is it time to let the Trammelians have access to these two "Perks" the Feluccan's ... have had.

Thus enabling access to the Power Scrolls etc to the Trammelians, enabling better resource gathering to the Trammelians.

Is it time to give both sides equal access to these "Perks" / Resources (Power Scrolls, Skill Scrolls etc).
I found that very amusing which is odd because i am a trammie.

I don't think they should have ever started luring people to fel in the first place.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is forcing anybody to goto Felucca. You can make money needed to buy powerscrolls right in Trammel. I don't like Doom, I don't like Peerless dungeons. No one is forcing me to go to there I just get powerscrolls and buy what I need.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there is more entertainment in a game where you have to try harder to get what you want then to coast on by and get exactly what you want without even trying or risking anything.
But do you not see that is 100% subjective? Being subjective is what gives everyone the ability to be ... unique.

In one sense I can label every one of us as an "Obsessive Compulsive" person. It is just a matter of how it is manifested.

I truly can not even fathom what drives BoD runners(as in the person behind the screen) or the God awful number of Clickes they must make to make anything. I really and truly do not ... well am not motivated/entertained by that process. YET I fully accept that is how they are getting entertained, that is fine with me. I am irritated, and NOT JUST A LITTLE BIT, by the Crafting system being constructed for the Button Pushers. BUT I do accept it and move on. It isn't for me to say they are less valuable, less entertained, less deserving, less of a person, simply because they find entertainment in repetitively performing a well defined task. That is simply their version of Risk vs Reward and is 100% as valid as your definition or mine.

We all need to accept that. We all need to be tolerant of the differences. We all need to protect the right to be different from those that would make try to stero type us, to put us in well defined cages. That is after all what a Community does. Well at least a Community that values diversity.

Are you (presuming you want a diverse community) involved in protecting everyone's right to be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.