• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can't get past login on EC just installed.

P

PaxCorpus

lol can't send any PMs... so, here's the context of the message I wanted to send you:

Saw your reply on that thread, thought I'd give you a PM. When I open the EC client, it says at the very top that I'm running a July 29th version of EC.

Updater works fine and the game opens, but I type in my name and password and get nothing. :/

My antivirus system is Nod32, but I have added exclusions to the program. Also, windows firewall isn't running.

There are a very small amount of posts on this matter, so I'm not even sure if I've tried everything yet.

Don't have ICQ, but if you have Skype my username is pa.xcorpus

Edit: Also forwarded the port 7775, nothing.

O

Old Man of UO

This might help you.

I had the same issue, took up to 2 minutes to get past the log in screen, sometimes timing out altogether. This may work for you, but won't hurt anything if it doesn't, and you don't have to reinstall the game.

1) Copy all of the files in your UOSA game folder to another drive or flash drive. With Pinco's UI installed, I had 15,388 files for 2.49 GB.

2) Delete all of the UOSA files in the game folder on your main hard drive.

3) Go to Download.com and get a defrag program that not only defrags files but closes gaps between files - Windows defragger does a poor job at this.

4) Aggressively defrag your hard drive to remove spaces. My 500 GB drive 50% full took about 5 hours.

5) Copy the UOSA files back to the game folder on your main drive.

6) Log in!

H

Hawkw00d

Hi,

I just registered to tell something about this problem. After trying everything for 2 days, I finally decided to remove the nvidia forceware network manager after reading this thread, and voilà! the enhanced client now works. I guess if you don't have a nforce motherboard, there must be something similar from other manufacturers.

Good luck!

O

Old Man of UO

Turns out my issue was the Western Digital backup software for my Passport Elite. I'm not sure if it was trying to backup the EC cache files or whatever, but whenever I tried logging in to EC, it blocked network traffic to the servers and the client would freeze until it would time out. Unloaded the backup software and it works - I may try to create an exception for the EC folders as Woodsman suggested so I can still have my auto backups.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally! For the first time, I can use the EC and Pinco's UI on my system... Better late than never (their fix that is)....

Sorchaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone have tried in windows safe mode (with network)?
Hi all now treat me like your Granmother.But i just tried in safe mode nothing and I dont see my prob here.Ihave tried everything you guys have said to get ec client.It downloads fine then login screen appears i can put two letters in and it misses the next two.So i r/k ec icon hit trouble shoot and it tells me incompatible application. uoenhanced setup _4_0_10_1 is incompatible.Hope your following as not great at explaining ,now a lot has been said about nvidia so i looked in control panel and found these nvidia 3d controller drive301.42,nvidia 3d vision drive 306.97,nvidia display control panel,nvidia physx system software 9.12.0213 and nvidia update 1.10.8.Now i have no idea if these are causing my problems.I got revo installer to take out all of ec client again 5th time sprouts more grey hair,i'm running windows 7 comp home premium 32 bit proc dualcore cpu e5300,and nvidia g force 8400 gs .The final straw i downloaded ec onto hubbys very old xp and guess what got in to ec first time,and no i cant use his :) So any ideas *hopes not to complicated* would be wonderful I play at mo in classic with no problems but as i'm treasure hunter addict was told ec was the business .Fingers crossed thanks

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to ask a question that may not seem relevant currently, and good possibility it is not relevant.

But are you using Trillian 5.3 beta?

And did you try redownload it?

Last edited:

Sorchaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to ask a question that may not seem relevant currently, and good possibility it is not relevant.

But are you using Trillian 5.3 beta?

And did you try redownload it?
No idea what Trillian is lol no i down loaaded it from ultima official site

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then it is not relevant.

But what excactly happens?

You get to login screen, and type in 2 chars, then cant type anymore? what does it do? crash/freeze?

Sorchaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then it is not relevant.

But what excactly happens?

You get to login screen, and type in 2 chars, then cant type anymore? what does it do? crash/freeze?
\i get to login screen it lets me put two letters in misses the next two,it will let me carry on putting user name in but i need to hit quit then lets me back in,and curser has then moved to password it lets me put all password in but if you hit login nothing happens

Sorchaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol can't send any PMs... so, here's the context of the message I wanted to send you:

Saw your reply on that thread, thought I'd give you a PM. When I open the EC client, it says at the very top that I'm running a July 29th version of EC.

Updater works fine and the game opens, but I type in my name and password and get nothing. :/

My antivirus system is Nod32, but I have added exclusions to the program. Also, windows firewall isn't running.

There are a very small amount of posts on this matter, so I'm not even sure if I've tried everything yet.

Don't have ICQ, but if you have Skype my username is pa.xcorpus

Edit: Also forwarded the port 7775, nothing.
Hi I also have nod 32 i only disabled it, and the firewall, tried again last night to install same thing two letters then two missed letters in login screen .Anyway thx all for trying just carry on in classic
seems this comp just wont let me play ec

Sorchaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might help you.

I had the same issue, took up to 2 minutes to get past the log in screen, sometimes timing out altogether. This may work for you, but won't hurt anything if it doesn't, and you don't have to reinstall the game.

1) Copy all of the files in your UOSA game folder to another drive or flash drive. With Pinco's UI installed, I had 15,388 files for 2.49 GB.

2) Delete all of the UOSA files in the game folder on your main hard drive.

3) Go to Download.com and get a defrag program that not only defrags files but closes gaps between files - Windows defragger does a poor job at this.

4) Aggressively defrag your hard drive to remove spaces. My 500 GB drive 50% full took about 5 hours.

5) Copy the UOSA files back to the game folder on your main drive.

6) Log in!
Well i liked the sound of this thanks ,so tried the defrag site it took all of 10 min to do mine .So now as i don't have have a flash drive *ebay here i come* will try this when i get it .Also just a thought but not to savvy :( would it work if i copied the enhanced on the old xp that works upstairs and download it into this windows 7 ?? thanks

Sorchaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
\i get to login screen it lets me put two letters in misses the next two,it will let me carry on putting user name in but i need to hit quit then lets me back in,and curser has then moved to password it lets me put all password in but if you hit login nothing happens
found out the reason i was on 800x600 resolution now 1280x1024 so it's now working