• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get rid of mana requirement for Inscription?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho, do you also have Focus?
Yeah but I am not stuffing around soulstoning skills off one character to put on another just to scirbe spells, with 30 mana regen, 200 mana and meditation it shouldn't be required. The only thing you should need is the SKILL and nothing else. I can make armor, cook, make weapons, tinker items, make furniture totally naked. Inscription shouldn't be any different. When you are scribing spells you are generally standing in front of a chest 'going make max' . It is not battle it is not something that is gonna raise you squillions in gold, sheesh on most shards you are unlikely to get more than 20k for a mage book that requires you scribing 64 spells lol. There are much better things for the scripters to farm than stuff that requires regs/scrolls etc.

There is zero requirement for inscribing spells to use mana. It is a total hindrance to training the skill although you can make 'other' things when training to avoid all the waiting around for mana to regen. I am probably one of the few people who actually LOOTS scrolls for the very reason that I hate standing staring at the screen waiting for mana. Biggest problem is there are very very few critters that drop level 8 scrolls. Some of the bosses, dark father, shadowguard bosses, exodus etc and the only 'regular' mob (from memory) is Meer Eternals. However since they destroyed the Meer Catacombs there is only 2 in the village nth of Sacrifice so 'farming' them is nearly as bad as waiting for mana.

Mana when inscribing is one of my pure HATES in UO. That and filling mage spellbooks, they need to have an 'auto fil' function if you put the book in a box of scrolls.

As the OP said, sure you need ingredients (regs/blank scrolls) but you shouldn't also require mana to make them. The mana requirement should ONLY be used by whomever 'casts' the spell. @Bleak @Kyronix

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think reagent and mana use are a part of inscription. They have been from the beginning. Certainly removing the requirement for reagents and mana makes it easier, but at what cost? I think this diminishes the game in its purest form and creates an endless method to create gold.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I like it taking mana (time). Few bother to do it as a result so I get more business. I got use to mind numbing stuff in UO long ago.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think reagent and mana use are a part of inscription. They have been from the beginning. Certainly removing the requirement for reagents and mana makes it easier, but at what cost? I think this diminishes the game in its purest form and creates an endless method to create gold.
Removing mana cost diminishes the game? Huh?

...but turning everything neon and spitting out rainbow unicorns is perfectly acceptable?

:coco:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm no fan of those either... But they're done and in the game. I agree with the others; it's part of the game. Plus, how crazy fast would inscription training be if you took out the use of mana? No mana use on using scrolls, fine, but leave the actual process of making them alone.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one would like to see a reduction of the mana needed for the 7th and 8th spells. Having that reduced would be the most id give if I was them. Regs needed is a must, as is scrolls and all the other trappings needed

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm no fan of those either... But they're done and in the game. I agree with the others; it's part of the game. Plus, how crazy fast would inscription training be if you took out the use of mana? No mana use on using scrolls, fine, but leave the actual process of making them alone.
Yes, the game hinges on how fast someone trains inscription....

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Far out, the OP started this thead with the title:

People then started going on about reagents and scrolls and a whole bunch of stuf not even put up in the OP. Sure the requirement for mana has been in the game from the beginning, but the game has changed, peoples 'time' has changed, after 18 15 10 12 yrs etc, it is OLD.

• We used to have to grow plants by getting a pot, checking it every day, sticking str and cure potions on it, blah blah blah....... they gave us garden beds which eliminated all that waste of time.
  • We used to have to craft everything by clicking clicking clicking clicking ...... they gave us 'make max' which eliminated all that waste of time.
  • We used to have to run round every indivdual vendor to 'find' items..... they gave us vendor search which eliminated all that waste of time.

I could go on.

Just because something has been in the game from the get go doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

Removing mana when INSCRIBING just means you don't spend minutes after every 4-5 level 7-8 scrolls, upper mystic, necro scrolls, staring at the screen waiting for mana to regen.

You don't have to wait longer to craft stuff that uses more timber or ingots etc, imagine the screaming if they made it that making stools took 1 sec per click but making finished wooden cabinets took 30 seconds between clicks, cause making a stool is much easier than making a cabinet, surely it should take longer, and gee don't attempt to make a chicken coup, that would take 1 min between makes? It is the same thing only it is the mana in inscribing that puts the time limit on stuff.

Mana should only be required when CASTING the scroll either from a book or from the scroll in your pack. Not to make the sroll in the beginning.

@BrianFreud .... You can craft 'other' stuff when training, especially if you have a supply of woodpulp, to avoid some of the tedium, I ended up with about 500 scroll binders that I didn't need just to avoid training with making scrolls that I would of done had the mana requirement not been needed. So if you want to train "crazy fast' that will do it. Taking out mana just means people can craft more useful things when training. It would of been way more beneficial to me to make scrolls even with the reagent/scroll requirement as I could of built up my scroll stocks ready for putting one by one by one by one into a book. (@Capt. Lucky that is the reason most people don't bother with doing spellbooks, the tedium of filling them, so it isn't gonna really affect your business )

I always get amazed at some of the silly reasons people use to put down suggestions thatirstly hardly affect anyone, and make no difference to your gameplay but make the lives of others less tedius. Everybody should be happy if they didn't have to waste all those minutes when scribing waiting on mana regen. It is not like it is a huge effort to make the change on the devs part it is probably a one second change to the code to 'remove' something.

Amazes me at the amount of 'I don't like change' people that play this game *shakes head walks away*.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho ... Let's look at things this way for a second: In fantasy writings where scrolls are created, the wizard/mage puts some of themselves into that product in addition to reagents. That is called mana and usually requires some level of rest before they are fully functional again.

So I propose this - and it echoes some of the other comments: For inscription, retain reagent costs and reduce mana costs. IMO, Level 5 and above Magery scrolls are really too heavy on mana usage when inscribing. I don't do Necro or other scrolls but I imagine it needs lowering as well. Casting the spell directly should also have the reduced mana usage applied.

But what of Chivalry where mana is replaced by tithing points? Does that usage decrease?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho ... Let's look at things this way for a second: In fantasy writings where scrolls are created, the wizard/mage puts some of themselves into that product in addition to reagents. That is called mana and usually requires some level of rest before they are fully functional again.

So I propose this - and it echoes some of the other comments: For inscription, retain reagent costs and reduce mana costs. IMO, Level 5 and above Magery scrolls are really too heavy on mana usage when inscribing. I don't do Necro or other scrolls but I imagine it needs lowering as well. Casting the spell directly should also have the reduced mana usage applied.

But what of Chivalry where mana is replaced by tithing points? Does that usage decrease?

If you are gonna change anything just do it, don't half ass with it. Removing the mana requirement when scribing does NOTHING for anyones gameplay other than making scrolls less tedious.

Just dispense with it and leave everything else as it is. No idea why you think casting the spell should have mana usage reduced, yet again it is way off the OP original request, and it has absolutely nothing to do with chivalry at all.

Magery: If I CAST a spell I use mana and reagents
Chivalry: If I CAST a spell I use mana and tithing points

If I use LRC I don' t use anthing other than mana on both.

What that has to do with the mana requirement used in CRAFTING THE SCROLLS beats me.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mana usage applies if CASTING a spell, right?

When inscribing, you CAST a spell on a piece of paper that may then be used independently or added to a book.

Inscription CASTs spells.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

When inscribing, you CAST a spell on a piece of paper that may then be used independently or added to a book.

Wouldn't they be "writing" the spell, hence the scribes pen?

I fail to see your logic on this.

Regardless, this reasoning seems like a weak rationalization.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you think it really takes tooo long to inscribe??? does it take 4 seconds or so too long???
this is just getting dumb... how easy do you want this game to be?? You honestly could
never have played UO when it took an actual YEAR of RL time to GM a Smith .... really ..
we already have rainbow unicorns ....

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
you think it really takes tooo long to inscribe??? does it take 4 seconds or so too long???
this is just getting dumb... how easy do you want this game to be?? You honestly could
never have played UO when it took an actual YEAR of RL time to GM a Smith .... really ..
we already have rainbow unicorns ....
You clearly haven't scribed anything for any length of time.

It also used to take a long time to GM skills, but they even fixed that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

And, then, it USES MANA AGAIN to cast from scroll.

If it were like Dungeons & Dragons, where the act of making the scroll takes the magic energy from you when you scribe it, and you don't have to expend the spell energy again to cast from scroll, would be one thing.

BUT IN UO, it costs as much for the END USER to cast the scroll, as it does to craft it - possibly less (can't remember if LMC affects the mana cost of reading the scroll.

Your false analogy SHATTERS once you factor in that the energy has to be spent TWICE to make, then read, the scroll.

To use a better analogy, it would be like having to fill your car's gas tank up for a trip, empty it while driving to a block short of the destination, then being required to FILL IT UP AGAIN AND THEN RUN IT EMPTY AGAIN, to arrive at the destination.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Far out, the OP started this thead with the title:

People then started going on about reagents and scrolls and a whole bunch of stuf not even put up in the OP. Sure the requirement for mana has been in the game from the beginning, but the game has changed, peoples 'time' has changed, after 18 15 10 12 yrs etc, it is OLD.

• We used to have to grow plants by getting a pot, checking it every day, sticking str and cure potions on it, blah blah blah....... they gave us garden beds which eliminated all that waste of time.
  • We used to have to craft everything by clicking clicking clicking clicking ...... they gave us 'make max' which eliminated all that waste of time.
  • We used to have to run round every indivdual vendor to 'find' items..... they gave us vendor search which eliminated all that waste of time.

I could go on.

Just because something has been in the game from the get go doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

Removing mana when INSCRIBING just means you don't spend minutes after every 4-5 level 7-8 scrolls, upper mystic, necro scrolls, staring at the screen waiting for mana to regen.

You don't have to wait longer to craft stuff that uses more timber or ingots etc, imagine the screaming if they made it that making stools took 1 sec per click but making finished wooden cabinets took 30 seconds between clicks, cause making a stool is much easier than making a cabinet, surely it should take longer, and gee don't attempt to make a chicken coup, that would take 1 min between makes? It is the same thing only it is the mana in inscribing that puts the time limit on stuff.

Mana should only be required when CASTING the scroll either from a book or from the scroll in your pack. Not to make the sroll in the beginning.

@BrianFreud .... You can craft 'other' stuff when training, especially if you have a supply of woodpulp, to avoid some of the tedium, I ended up with about 500 scroll binders that I didn't need just to avoid training with making scrolls that I would of done had the mana requirement not been needed. So if you want to train "crazy fast' that will do it. Taking out mana just means people can craft more useful things when training. It would of been way more beneficial to me to make scrolls even with the reagent/scroll requirement as I could of built up my scroll stocks ready for putting one by one by one by one into a book. (@Capt. Lucky that is the reason most people don't bother with doing spellbooks, the tedium of filling them, so it isn't gonna really affect your business )

I always get amazed at some of the silly reasons people use to put down suggestions thatirstly hardly affect anyone, and make no difference to your gameplay but make the lives of others less tedius. Everybody should be happy if they didn't have to waste all those minutes when scribing waiting on mana regen. It is not like it is a huge effort to make the change on the devs part it is probably a one second change to the code to 'remove' something.

Amazes me at the amount of 'I don't like change' people that play this game *shakes head walks away*.
I strongly disagree. This game has been around 20 years. Who doesn't have a scribe? People buy from me because making 500 gate scrolls takes time. They would rather buy from me than do it themselves as a result. If they were broke I'm sure they would just spend the time and do it themselves. It's part of how I make my gold. Your nerfing my income for no real reason. It's very very hard to make money crafting. It's been nerfed almost off the map. We've come a long way in ruining the crafting profession from the day of standing in the tailor shop making shirts for hours, it use to be you could make a living crafting, those days are almost completely gone. Let's not continue this tradition. Your adding another easy button to the game. I don't especially like doing bosses. I spend hour and hours making scrolls and such and earn money cause others would rather do something else. I use the gold to buy stuff people get from the bosses lol. Your nerfing my income big time. Yeah crafting is a pain at times, that's what gives it value. It would compare to putting crimsons or whatever on earth elementals. It has value as there's a price you need to pay to get them. The price for inscription is time. For smithing it might be the time you put into getting ore, etc. But the value of inscription is the time required to do it. All the materials are available in any Trammel town. The materials have no value, time/mana is the ONLY feature that gives those products value.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I strongly disagree. This game has been around 20 years. Who doesn't have a scribe? People buy from me because making 500 gate scrolls takes time. They would rather buy from me than do it themselves as a result. If they were broke I'm sure they would just spend the time and do it themselves. It's part of how I make my gold. Your nerfing my income for no real reason. It's very very hard to make money crafting. It's been nerfed almost off the map. We've come a long way in ruining the crafting profession from the day of standing in the tailor shop making shirts for hours, it use to be you could make a living crafting, those days are almost completely gone. Let's not continue this tradition. Your adding another easy button to the game. I don't especially like doing bosses. I spend hour and hours making scrolls and such and earn money cause others would rather do something else. I use the gold to buy stuff people get from the bosses lol. Your nerfing my income big time. Yeah crafting is a pain at times, that's what gives it value. It would compare to putting crimsons or whatever on earth elementals. It has value as there's a price you need to pay to get them. The price for inscription is time. For smithing it might be the time you put into getting ore, etc. But the value of inscription is the time required to do it. All the materials are available in any Trammel town. The materials have no value, time/mana is the ONLY feature that gives those products value.
Really?

500 gate scrolls is worth what, 50k?

I tell you what, if this change goes through I'll give you 20m.

That should pretty much cover your losses and then some.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Really?

What's my compensation for playing the game the way I want? I represent one of the last crafting skills viable in UO. What is keeping crafting alive in UO worth? Sure there's imbuing and such that might make one some gold but for every one that is marginally profitable I'm pretty sure I can give you 4 or 5 that are now completely destroyed. It's always easy to nerf someone else's game.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What's my compensation for playing the game the way I want? I represent one of the last crafting skills viable in UO. What is keeping crafting alive in UO worth? Sure there's imbuing and such that might make one some gold but for every one that is marginally profitable I'm pretty sure I can give you 4 or 5 that are now completely destroyed. It's always easy to nerf someone else's game.
If you enjoy doing it, then removing mana requirement should really add to that intense enjoyment youre getting from it.

You no longer have to worry about losing money from it.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, I 'strongly disagre' with you. I run vendors on 3 shards, Oceania, Atlantic and Siege P. My main characters are all crafters and I make probably 60% of all my income crafting. I have in total about 25 vendors across the three shards, (used to have a lot more) and have a scribe vendor on each of them. I have never dealt in rares or high end stuff, just what I craft or loot. I can make MORE money keeping spellbooks stocked than ever making just one or two types of scroll. I never sell an 'unfilled' spellbook, if you buy from me it comes full. ALWAYS.

FULL mage spellbooks sell on average (depending on shard and mods) from between 12k per and 50k per. Not counting stuff like scrappers, corguls and slayer books which you can sell for millions. However, the time taken scribing the higher level scrolls totally eats into this income as my mage books are the ones I always have trouble keeping the stock up to due to time to make the scrolls/and time to fill the books. I sell on average about 20 mage books a week a lots more mystic books, and necro books. Most scrolls I get by looting as it is easier than scribing. If I want 'recall' scrolls I go buy em. As for gate scrolls, I could sell a HELL of a lot more if I could scribe them faster and so would you most likely.

Think if you are making your living off gate scrolls and that is the only 'value' in scribing for you , you need to lift your sights a LOT lol. Sorry. Much more money in high end full books and the limiting factor to doing those is the time taken on those 7-8 level scrolls. The other scribing goods also make you much more money and they don't require mana. Runebooks, Atlas's, Scroll Binders, Bod Books and now the new Bod System. Making level 8 scrolls for the high end bods where you need 20 ea of the level 8's x 5 is absolutely time killing with all the waiting around trying to fill em watching your mana regen. Even on Siege where you sell more gate scrolls than on any other shard, they sell for 100gps ea. So yeah for your time you're gonna make only 100k per 1000 of em. You are better off selling 10 spellbooks at 10k ea which only require 80 level 8s. I have been crafting and scribing for 14 yrs and know all about what makes money, and it isn't selling gate scrolls.

Anyways, said all I am gonna say on this topic lol, odds are the devs aren't reading so it is a wasted effort anyways.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sighs*

Okay, when UO was released, scribing scrolls did not require mana. This was quickly changed however as scrolls were one way of milking gold out of the NPC economy (the largest being crossbows...) Now, 20 years later, people are more vocal about annoying/stupid parts of the game and have brought the issue back up.

While scribing spells should always require physical ingredients (scrolls and reagents since a scribe is literally infusing the parchment with the essence of the spell) the mana requirement can be lessened. Babbling about LRC is simply a strawman to distract from the OP's original intent through obfuscation.

The simplest and least balance affecting method for the devs to address the concern is to allow LMC to lessen the mana required when scribing. It's a nice middle-ground approach, wouldn't harm anything and would please the majority of players.

Continuing to belabor the issue is fairly silly.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Really?

Sometimes the reason folks do something isn't the gold. Sometimes there's a pleasure involved in the work done to get that gold.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, I 'strongly disagre' with you. I run vendors on 3 shards, Oceania, Atlantic and Siege P. My main characters are all crafters and I make probably 60% of all my income crafting. I have in total about 25 vendors across the three shards, (used to have a lot more) and have a scribe vendor on each of them. I have never dealt in rares or high end stuff, just what I craft or loot. I can make MORE money keeping spellbooks stocked than ever making just one or two types of scroll. I never sell an 'unfilled' spellbook, if you buy from me it comes full. ALWAYS.

FULL mage spellbooks sell on average (depending on shard and mods) from between 12k per and 50k per. Not counting stuff like scrappers, corguls and slayer books which you can sell for millions. However, the time taken scribing the higher level scrolls totally eats into this income as my mage books are the ones I always have trouble keeping the stock up to due to time to make the scrolls/and time to fill the books. I sell on average about 20 mage books a week a lots more mystic books, and necro books. Most scrolls I get by looting as it is easier than scribing. If I want 'recall' scrolls I go buy em. As for gate scrolls, I could sell a HELL of a lot more if I could scribe them faster and so would you most likely.

Think if you are making your living off gate scrolls and that is the only 'value' in scribing for you , you need to lift your sights a LOT lol. Sorry. Much more money in high end full books and the limiting factor to doing those is the time taken on those 7-8 level scrolls. The other scribing goods also make you much more money and they don't require mana. Runebooks, Atlas's, Scroll Binders, Bod Books and now the new Bod System. Making level 8 scrolls for the high end bods where you need 20 ea of the level 8's x 5 is absolutely time killing with all the waiting around trying to fill em watching your mana regen. Even on Siege where you sell more gate scrolls than on any other shard, they sell for 100gps ea. So yeah for your time you're gonna make only 100k per 1000 of em. You are better off selling 10 spellbooks at 10k ea which only require 80 level 8s. I have been crafting and scribing for 14 yrs and know all about what makes money, and it isn't selling gate scrolls.

Anyways, said all I am gonna say on this topic lol, odds are the devs aren't reading so it is a wasted effort anyways.
Gate scrolls were an example as they are mana sucking. Pretty sure I know at a minimum as much as you do on the subject. It's not that complex. Yes I pretty much sell what you sell. Although I'll say you get a much better price than we do on Legends. I'm ok with that. The reason I actually started scribing was to help new players to the shard and had to raise my prices to resist resellers. But I've grown to like it, but not to the point of giving it away for free which would be the result of lifting mana restrictions. How about looking for a nerf in someone else's back yard? I hate this entire game is a big easy button now.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sometimes the reason folks do something isn't the gold. Sometimes there's a pleasure involved in the work done to get that gold.
that's great, except he based his argument on making gold...

if he enjoys doing it for the sake of doing it, then his argument is irrelevant to whether we remove mana cost from inscribing or not.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gate scrolls were an example as they are mana sucking. Pretty sure I know at a minimum as much as you do on the subject. It's not that complex. Yes I pretty much sell what you sell. Although I'll say you get a much better price than we do on Legends. I'm ok with that. The reason I actually started scribing was to help new players to the shard and had to raise my prices to resist resellers. But I've grown to like it, but not to the point of giving it away for free which would be the result of lifting mana restrictions. How about looking for a nerf in someone else's back yard? I hate this entire game is a big easy button now.
Aye well I don't think the price on gate scrolls or any other scribed item would drop if the the only dif was the mana requirement to craft them. People dont scribe because it is boring, I seriously think the only benefit to this is to the crafter in time savings and allowing us that do scribe the ability to put this stuff on vendors and give us more time to craft other things. It is not 'easier' to take out the mana cost. Other than utter boredom while I sit waiting for mana to regen it requires NO SKILL at all. Fact is everything in this game gets 'easier' especially the older content because after 18+ yrs it has been done and done and done and if not made easier people get totally bored. The fact they now introduce such convoluted systems in the newer stuff far outweighs making some of the older stuff less tedious.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How is lifting the mana cost going to cause you to give away your spellbooks?

This seems to be a fallacy.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I just trashed 400 scrappers last week. Unless they're super-slayers or a limited list of slayer/other mods, they're not exactly hot sellers. :p

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vendor search was full of scrappers selling for 20k. No money to be made there.
Well depends on where you play, I regularly bought Scrappers on Atlantic for 99k and FILLED them and resold for 400k and yes the Atlantic market is saturated although if you FILL the book rather than dump unfilled books on vendors you can get more. I used to 'buy' them cheap on Atlantic and ship them to Oce, fill and resell as you can't get groups on the smaller shards to do peerless to actually 'get' the taint needed to craft them.

I have also been playing siege perilous where you can't get one for love nor money, one sold at January's auction (2017) for 200k, and on Oceania I sell them for between 3-500k depending on if they have mods or not. IF you can even buy one on those shards you are lucky.

And @BrianFreud if you 'trashed' 400 scrappers last week all good, the demand will go right up when people who want one don't have the 'taint' to craft them :p But next time give them to me. I am always after free scrappers.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just trashed 400 scrappers last week. Unless they're super-slayers or a limited list of slayer/other mods, they're not exactly hot sellers. :p
UWF would always love to have some extra books to give to new players if you ever wanted to make a donation instead of trashing ;-)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Heh, I gave up and bought a set. If I turn up any other forgotten bags of them, I'll let you know. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
that's great, except he based his argument on making gold...

if he enjoys doing it for the sake of doing it, then his argument is irrelevant to whether we remove mana cost from inscribing or not.
Hey guess what? I like doing both. Your irrelevant :p You have one ray of hope. EVERYTIME I've taken a stand on something BS has pulled the rug out from under me and done the opposite. So ya got that going for you :) I think Bonnie doesn't like me even though I have said some very nice things about her in the past.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'd have a better argument, with more zest, but I've been a little tied up and haven't logged in for more than a few minutes in a month. My scribe vendor is in sad shape and I feel guilty about that. Otherwise I'd be all over this ;)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hey guess what? I like doing both. Your irrelevant :p You have one ray of hope. EVERYTIME I've taken a stand on something BS has pulled the rug out from under me and done the opposite. So ya got that going for you :) I think Bonnie doesn't like me even though I have said some very nice things about her in the past.
Then one of your issues is already solved, especially since you're playing on Legends.

You must be netting what, 100k a month on this?

I think the words you meant to say, were, "Thank you."