• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone answer me this......

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NewThunder

I was soo very shocked when i heard about the jailings. This event was included in the FOF, the event by it's very nature requires players to visit the WRR url to be able to listen to WRR; It is just crazy that the UO Harold encourages the event, but the GM's will not allow the event. They can really hold the event without stating the WRR URL, I would hope that jeremy or a member of her staff has vetted the website before the URL was posted on the UO Harold.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep that's exactly it. Look at the company they keep. Dupers, scripters and definately people who support these illegal activities.

Anyone who thinks WWR is a group of people who are running their "company" at a loss are delusional.
I agree...and what of the speculations of the *company they keep*? They were the first Luna house on multiple shards to have vendors with multiple valorite hammers...to which nothing was done. (Hey Jeremy...you dropped the ball here yourself btw...) In fact the vendors still exist today but were renamed shortly after the post by Beerman on the dupes.

P

Pojman5

The gold seller on pac who is/was selling 564 pieces of samurai armor made with 38 duped val runic hammers recently began wearing the WRR tag. He told me that he is a 'smalltime' gold seller and that WRR is a 'bigtime' gold seller...(he told me this before I mentioned him and his 564 pieces of armor here in UHall, he doesn't talk to me anymore :sad3:).

WRR.
I would just like to make a very strong statement that this is absolute rubbish. I never said anything of the sort about WRR. In fact, I never even remotly had any sort of conversation of this nature with her.

For those of you who are familiar with my posts. You are aware that I am extremly honest about myself and my dealings in UO. And when I say that I am not refering to "weather or not im a cheater" I am refering to the fact that I am open about my business dealings in UO. If you have a question all you have to do is ask and I will simply tell you the truth. Just look at my posting history. At that point you can make whatever accusation you want. If what she states is true I would confirm this, but it is not.

Also, for those of you on Pacific. We are all aware of "A Slave Girl" and how credible she is. For anyone that spends any time on Pac you quickly realize that she can be compared to one of those street prophets who loose their mind and scream about the end of the world on the street corner.

Slave Girl - The sky is falling in your mind. But, all I can say is YOU DO NOT represent the majority of the UO community.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just like to make a very strong statement that this is absolute rubbish. I never said anything of the sort about WRR. In fact, I never even remotly had any sort of conversation of this nature with her.

For those of you who are familiar with my posts. You are aware that I am extremly honest about myself and my dealings in UO. And when I say that I am not refering to "weather or not im a cheater" I am refering to the fact that I am open about my business dealings in UO. If you have a question all you have to do is ask and I will simply tell you the truth. Just look at my posting history. At that point you can make whatever accusation you want. If what she states is true I would confirm this, but it is not.

Also, for those of you on Pacific. We are all aware of "A Slave Girl" and how credible she is. For anyone that spends any time on Pac you quickly realize that she can be compared to one of those street prophets who loose their mind and scream about the end of the world on the street corner.

Slave Girl - The sky is falling in your mind. But, all I can say is YOU DO NOT represent the majority of the UO community.
Shine A light in the rat hole and look what comes out.

G

galefan2004

Using EAMythic's zero tollerance rule it is illegal to link WRR in game. Why do they expell students from school for forgetting they have their pocket knife with them when they never even take it out of their pants? Because zero tollerance policies are stupid.

I'm glad that EA can busy themselves banning those that mention URLs in game because its not like they could be addressing real problems such as unattended gold farmers, pvp scripters, and stalkers (or people that in other ways harrass other players).

I think the best comparison would be a police officer letting a known murderer walk by because he's busy busting that old lady that just jay walked.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So an ingame game, that appears to be endorsed by UO by Jeremy's linking to it, is being disrupted by GM's by arresting jaywalkers instead of embezzlers.............yea, that makes sense ..........*eyeroll*.
Now I think I'll run around Luna and page on the books laying around advertising the URL for a certain large ATL guild that a few dev's belong to....
O man - is that true?

EA - get control of your game will you? If it is illegal - then how about not promoting it on FoF????

Hahahaha! What a disaster!!!!

P

Pojman5

Shine A light in the rat hole and look what comes out.
Oh and... "It lives" I just want to mention again that I really dont care what you have to say.. About anything. So lets just not even post about each other anymore ok? If you dont like me, I will do you that favor, and I dont like you - So, how about you do me that same favor? Ok thanks.

P

Pojman5

TRUTH!!!!!!! TY for your post.
And... Anyone with a name like "Restroom Cowboy" Wow... serious issues.. I dont even want to know what goes on in your life. Please... Lets all remember to keep the light shined off this guy.

G

galefan2004

A silly question perhaps but why wouldn't WRR cut ties with the dupers & fencers that they are advertising for instead?
Would you like to pay their operating expenses? Do you think EA is going to pay their operating expenses? If the answer to both of those questions is no then please explain to me how you expect them to pay their operating expenses. It costs money to do what they do, and for the most part they aren't making a profit (I assume), but rather, they are just paying their operating expenses.

Besides, even if they "cut their ties" to those people, what is to say they will suddenly be an allowable link?

G

galefan2004

I have to go with this person, if for example the gms were told accidentally to suspend people for 'posting a url' without any other specifications, being the literal minded drones they are, they would start suspending themselves for referring you to ea.com and such. I am fairly sure the rule was put down and somebody didn't think, so while on uo.com the community coordinator tells you to go to this site, you go in game and say our EA rep said yada.com is where to go on the official UO webpage, and the gm will suspend you, while this was never intended. funny though.
Riddle me this...

Is uo.com an illegal link to link in game? If you are not allowed to link to any link that contains links to sites that sell game for real life money and the links to WRR and UOguide (which seem to be the "worst" offenders) are linked to in the FoF and that is on uo.com then wouldn't by that logicl uo.com be illegal. Also, doesn't uo.com contain links to the EA store which also sells stuff for real life money. Hmm, I'd hate to promote the sale of items for ingame money, so I think I should be really careful never to link to uo.com.

R

RenaLynne

:bdh: Its done, whether it was wrong or right, its over. I highly doubt anything will be reversed...

G

galefan2004

I can't speak for Jeremy regarding those urls. I suspect she's not checking out her content. Seriously I believe there's a strong movement to take some responsibility and stop feeding the garbage that is destroying this game. It looks like the change in Stratics policy and GM policy is the start of that. So instead of getting angry with EA, WRR should cut out the problem on their site and continue to do the great job they have been doing. Very simple.

Soon you will see more people taking action in that direction. We grow tired of this stuff over and over. You can imagine how the Devs might feel. We finally have a great new questmaster on the Dev team and instead of enjoying the praise she deserves for the last quest, we have to stop and deal with all the garbage that thinks this game owes them all mortgage payments and new cars. Enough is enough.
As I said, please feel free to step forth and put up your own money to pay for WRR to operate. Until then, STFU.

You have no freaking clue how much money WRR makes (IF ANY AT ALL), so that means you have NO FREAKING ROOM to comment. If you can prove any of your outlandish alligations with facts and are willing to pay for the operating expenses of WRR yourself then by all means please type the keys off of your keyboard...until then just stop typing already.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said, please feel free to step forth and put up your own money to pay for WRR to operate. Until then, STFU.

You have no freaking clue how much money WRR makes (IF ANY AT ALL), so that means you have NO FREAKING ROOM to comment. If you can prove any of your outlandish alligations with facts and are willing to pay for the operating expenses of WRR yourself then by all means please type the keys off of your keyboard...until then just stop typing already.
I've offered to pay the costs of what those banners provided per month out of my own pocket.

Also, your attitude towards Andra is despicable, do you feel better now that you told one of the nicest and kindest contributors of the UO community to STFU.

I won't say your a terrible person, but you need to go outside and take a breath of fresh air, and stop being such a jerk.

G

galefan2004

Ya I'll get flamed for this, but damn! That run on sentence/paragraph (not even punctuation) made by DJ made zero sense to me. How does someone like that run a radio station? =/
Have you ever tried posting on here when you are so upset about a topic that you can't even see straight? It wasn't the most properly formatted, but I got the point.

He's pissed because he feels that WRR is used by EA and that these bans were crap. He's so pissed that if a solution that favors both sides isn't reached between EA and WRR, WRR is going to be finding another game to lend their support to freely.

To that...

Can I reccomend WoW? Say what you will about Blizzard, but they have always treated their fan base (especially those that go the extra mile) like gold.

G

galefan2004

Two posts from WRR, with no inkling that responsibilty includes you too. Despite the presence you have in game and out you probably should at least try to reflect something? " speachless".
You can not possibly be implying that WRR has responsibility in this manner? WTF was EA's responsibility when it came to exploiting WRR to broadcast their town halls for free? EA is the one that needs to take responsibility for this mess. WRR should get a lawyer and take EA to court for abusing volunteer labor yet again, because they aren't paying WRR to broadcast their town hall meetings but they sure the hell are bennefiting from them doing so.

G

galefan2004

That mabey the knowlage of banning for urls has been in place for some time now(long before last week certainly).
That the resposiblity lies with the gamer and mabey, your fans might respect you for how you handle yourselfs as responsible gamers concerned for " the community.. ??? just saying...:thumbsup:
You really need to get over yourself. This is trolling in the best sense. These guys have gone out of their way to further the UO community for years for very little reward. They are one of the greatest things UO still has when it comes to community. EA gives them absolutely no reward for any of their effort and now they ban them for advertising their own URL in game that has gone out of its way to help EA over the years by providing free publicity. Wow, you have quite some gull.

To WRR people...

Don't listen to this jack off. The majority of the player base feel you have every right to be pissed off, and its jacks like this that are a huge issue in this game.

G

galefan2004

So yes, while it was quite the rude and juvenile gesture for someone to interrupt the event like they did, it was still the two staff members who (technically) broke the rules of conduct. Perhaps they should have seen the writing on the wall that something like this was bound to happen, and taken the steps to avoid it.
Rosa Parks knew she was breaking the rules when she sat down in the front of the bus too. We should all crucify her for it? I think not. Sometimes when the rules are absolutely absurd the only way to get them changed is to turn them into a public spectical. I don't think the majority of the player base is happy with this rule and this banning only furthers the cause.

G

galefan2004

"They don't get paid
They DO get GOLD for the ads they run on their site..."

According to what their newest guildie Pojman told me, they are a huge seller of UO gold for cash...(he was attempting to explain to me that in comparison to them, he was smalltime gold seller, he didn't wear a WRR tag when he told me this but he does now).

Doesn't that explain why UO gold is an acceptable form of payment to them?

Because to them it's the same as cash.

I do wonder how you are privvy to all WRR's financial information...
Ok so they sell UO gold?

Lets just think this through...

You guys seem to think they make enough pay their house payment and buy a new car with that money. Lets assume that the house payment is umm $1000 a month and the car payment is $350. Now lets assume there are actually 4 people making money.

$1300x4=5200

Ok, so realistically you are probably making around $1 a million at this point for gold.

So thats 52,000,000,000 (52 billion) gold they have to sell each month just to accomplish those two things. Thats without any operating expenses at all. I'm sure no one is dumb enough think they are selling 52 billion gold each month. If you think that you could be beyond help.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jacks like me play an honest game.

I dont dress myself up in a false facade of pomp.

All this bs of caring for the community(Catering to the gullible).

All the while flooding the game with gold that only the naive believe is legit.

There is alot to be said for ethics.

G

galefan2004

I've offered to pay the costs of what those banners provided per month out of my own pocket.
Then step forward and give them the money. Until you do you have no more room to talk than anyone else.

Also, your attitude towards Andra is despicable, do you feel better now that you told one of the nicest and kindest contributors of the UO community to STFU.
If someone is going to run their mouth without any facts to back it up based on nothing else than their own opinion then they need called on it. I don't feel any different at all actually.

I won't say your a terrible person, but you need to go outside and take a breath of fresh air, and stop being such a jerk.
Said poster needed to keep their mouth shut if they didn't have a clue what they were talking about. If you are going to make claims like WRR pays their bills with UO gold then you better show some proof to that extent. As I posted to pay the bills of 4 people (rent and car) you would need to sell 52 billion gold a month, and I highly doubt that is happening, so it seems mathematically impossible.

G

galefan2004

Jacks like me play an honest game.

I dont dress myself up in a false facade of pomp.

All this bs of caring for the community(Catering to the gullible).

All the while flooding the game with gold that only the naive believe is legit.

There is alot to be said for ethics.
Lets not place any of the blame on the people that actually buy that gold (assuming they are selling gold at all). I mean, its easier just to blame those that sell it. Apparently, they manage to sell 52 billion a month because they pay their house and car payment with it after all. Damn, 52 billion a month and the buyers share none of the responsibility? Come on.

R

RoycroftLS

"With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site."
This is a very poorly written rule of conduct and a completely misguided interpretation if taken literally and to its illogical extreme.
By choosing to ignore the context given by the preceding and succeeding clauses, you are basing your arguments on a logical fallacy.

In this case, the clauses "With the exception of the sale..." and "any other form of solicitation" give the context in which the rest of the sentence should be taken. The definition of "advertise" that applies in this case is "tell others about (something) to try to persuade them to buy it." And the definition of "promote" that fits the context is: "to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of a product."

Finally we come to my personal favorite; web sites that “market” something. If EA is suspending accounts for mentioning a web site that “market something’ then I would be suspended for telling a new player that tokens and account upgrades could be purchased at uogamecodes.com which is EA‘s own web site.
I'll agree with this one, it does seem rather silly that EA technically forbids the in-game advertising of their own game-related product. The rule has been in its current form well before you could get game codes online, and I suspect that they forgot to update it. Most other games I have played forbid marketing of items that are outside their game "universe".

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then step forward and give them the money. Until you do you have no more room to talk than anyone else.
Gathering it as we speak. What have you done for the community? Besides act like a angry teenager on a message board. I can't say anything, as everytime I see you post, you are intensely bitter and angry at everyone and everything.

If someone is going to run their mouth without any facts to back it up based on nothing else than their own opinion then they need called on it. I don't feel any different at all actually.
Oh, I suppose your a big man then, showing someone who's boss on a message board. Forgive me for crossing your path oh mighty inquisitor, perhaps now the peasants won't risk your anger by speaking their minds.

Said poster needed to keep their mouth shut if they didn't have a clue what they were talking about. If you are going to make claims like WRR pays their bills with UO gold then you better show some proof to that extent. As I posted to pay the bills of 4 people (rent and car) you would need to sell 52 billion gold a month, and I highly doubt that is happening, so it seems mathematically impossible.
Almost as impossible as those valorite runic hammers you said weren't dupes, and how no one was going to be banned because there was no active dupe?

I think I'm going to dig that quote of yours up and use it as my signature, since your claims are just as outrageous as the people who you call out.

S

Sheridan

Hey folks... take it down a notch, please. No need to start trolling and attacking one another. Couple posts here that are treading a fine line - please don't cross it. Thank you.

T

The Sandman

To all of our fans, listeners, and even people who dislike us,

We are not ignoring or hiding with regard to this situation. We have been carefully monitoring the boards and trying to maintain our professionalism in the face of adversity.

We understand that rules are rules. We did not think it was going to be an issue at an in game event for us to tell people how to tune in. Clearly we were mistaken. We have contacted people at EA-Mythic to try to find some sort of compromise on this situation.

We appreciate all of the support and comments you have all offered. Please check in on our updated site and we will keep you all posted on the outcome of this situation.

Thank you again,
The Whispering Rose Radio Management and Staff

G

galefan2004

Gathering it as we speak. What have you done for the community? Besides act like a angry teenager on a message board. I can't say anything, as everytime I see you post, you are intensely bitter and angry at everyone and everything.
I'm not intensely bitter and angry at everything. I just tend to post more about topics I am bitter and angry about. If you want to make a post about happy littlle flowers then I will post in that post about happy little flowers. I never claimed to anything for this community, but I don't trash those that do go out of their way to help this community either.

Oh, I suppose your a big man then, showing someone who's boss on a message board. Forgive me for crossing your path oh mighty inquisitor, perhaps now the peasants won't risk your anger by speaking their minds.
Read anymore into what was never written? I never said I was big or that I was little or that I was a man or a woman. You are making assumptions. I simply made it known that I wasn't happy with anyone that is going to make false accusations with no proof that logically don't even make sense. Take it however you want because it truely wasn't meant to have a tone.

Almost as impossible as those valorite runic hammers you said weren't dupes, and how no one was going to be banned because there was no active dupe?
OMG...I was wrong? I think I ALREADY admitted that in the post about duped runics, so if you feel the need to bring up old drama then at least bring up old drama that wasn't already settled. I admit when I was wrong. I honestly believed (gulibly) that there wasn't a dupe at the time. In all fairness at the time it was like 2-3 runic hammers not 30 of them.

I think I'm going to dig that quote of yours up and use it as my signature, since your claims are just as outrageous as the people who you call out.
Go ahead. You might desire to know that misquoting someone in your signature is actionable by the moderators on stratics if that person choses to complain about it. Plus, the issue is settled as I admitted (when it went from 2-3 hammer to 30-40 hammers) that I was obviously wrong.

For some reason you seem to hate me beyond all rationality. That could be because I actually call people on their bogus notions of reality. As I said, for the poster that claimed 4 people were paying their car and rent with UO sales that for four people to do it they would have to sell 52 billion gold a month. Its amazing how many people post such claims without even doing simple math to figure out how wrong they actually are.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To all of our fans, listeners, and even people who dislike us,

We are not ignoring or hiding with regard to this situation. We have been carefully monitoring the boards and trying to maintain our professionalism in the face of adversity.

We understand that rules are rules. We did not think it was going to be an issue at an in game event for us to tell people how to tune in. Clearly we were mistaken. We have contacted people at EA-Mythic to try to find some sort of compromise on this situation.

We appreciate all of the support and comments you have all offered. Please check in on our updated site and we will keep you all posted on the outcome of this situation.

Thank you again,
Well written post

In response I wish to ask you how you felt about the Valorite Hammer vendors that appeared at your establishment (on multiple shards). More specifically I want to know why these vendors were not removed early on into the dupe speculation, when Beerman made his initial comments. More importantly I wish to know why and how they still stood even after the bannings. (if you cannot perhaps Jeremy can shine some light on this.)

Any comment you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit for clarity: This was supposed to be geared specifically at the WRR house on Atlantic. My apologies for any confusion but I was informed Sandman is not the owner of this home.

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to me that line was crossed, and recrossed. Still seems that if the site was posted in the FOF on the uo site. Why the ban? I'll admit i am confused by this action. As for the selling of virtual goods, my understanding was that it was against the rules, yet those rules seemed to be not enforced. But we did see that Ebay, did put a stop to most of the people selling in game virtual goods. Was this due to EA or just Ebay covering there tails?? BUt did inturn lead the sellers of such stuff to creating there own websites to do business. So now we are back to the rule of ingame mentioning of websites banning. Is this some sort of way Ea is enforcing the rule of selling virtual goods out side of uo?? Well too many questions not enough answers, yet we should see some come tues or wed.

G

galefan2004

Seems to me that line was crossed, and recrossed. Still seems that if the site was posted in the FOF on the uo site. Why the ban? I'll admit i am confused by this action.
You are as confused as I am, so I am sorry I came down on you in such a manner. I just kind of get a tad upset when people start bashing members of the community that are doing so much to support EA even if that organziation has some questionable actions. If you actually examined most of the inner dealings of a lot of charity organizations and their ties to possible corruption it would make your head spin, but that doesn't make those organizations horrible nor does it destroy the good they have done.

As for the selling of virtual goods, my understanding was that it was against the rules, yet those rules seemed to be not enforced.
That understand would be incorrect. EA has never made any rules to stop the sale of ingame items for real life cash. It is 100% legal. Stratics doesn't allow it to be advertised, but that probably has more to do with that being a universal Stratics rule (not just UO Stratics) and that probably actually has more to do with WoW than UO.

But we did see that Ebay, did put a stop to most of the people selling in game virtual goods. Was this due to EA or just Ebay covering there tails??
eBay covering their tailes. Mythic actually did nothing to stop ingame sales of its items on eBay for years despite the fact that it was illegal to sell ingame items in DAoC (other than the actual accounts themselves). WoW took a strong arm approach with eBay and told them that they would not allow their items to be sold on eBay and to cover its arse eBay blocked the sale of all virtual items.

BUt did inturn lead the sellers of such stuff to creating there own websites to do business.
Those websites existed even when eBay sales were running rampant. Hell, a lot of the eBay "sales" were nothing more than advertisements for the sites themselves. It wasn't to long ago that the head programmer for UO was writing about certain websites that sold ingame items for real life cash and promoting them on Stratics.

So now we are back to the rule of ingame mentioning of websites banning.
This never went away. It was just never imagined that it would jump from banning uo vendor search programs to being applied to UO fan sites that promoted UO.

Is this some sort of way Ea is enforcing the rule of selling virtual goods out side of uo??
No, because there is no such rule.

Well too many questions not enough answers, yet we should see some come tues or wed.
For what it is worth I tried to answer all of your questions in a non-negative way.

P

Pojman5

Well written post

In response I wish to ask you how you felt about the Valorite Hammer vendors that appeared at your establishment (on multiple shards). More specifically I want to know why these vendors were not removed early on into the dupe speculation, when Beerman made his initial comments. More importantly I wish to know why and how they still stood even after the bannings. (if you cannot perhaps Jeremy can shine some light on this.)

Thanks.
"Restroom Cowboy" Runics are available for purchase to everyone. A runic is only good for one thing... Burning... Then, the only other thing that the gear is good for if you dont want to use it - Selling... My operation has already been made plainly clear for everyone to examine. This issue has already gone round and round. If you have any specific questions please let me know, otherwise lets just move one and mind our own business. If you do not like my vendors then I encourage you not to shop there.

G

galefan2004

"Restroom Cowboy" Runics are available for purchase to everyone. A runic is only good for one thing... Burning... Then, the only other thing that the gear is good for if you dont want to use it - Selling... My operation has already been made plainly clear for everyone to examine. This issue has already gone round and round. If you have any specific questions please let me know, otherwise lets just move one and mind our own business. If you do not like my vendors then I encourage you not to shop there.
This is going to open a whole other can of worms and that is exactly what this poster wants. Stop bothering to reply to players like this, imo. They already have their minds made up.

The real issue is that the runics should have spawned a lot more than they actually did. Seriously, if you know that only 3-4 valorite runics come out a year then why the hell would you ever bother to do bods? Its not in the best interest of the game to make the best end game gear require so much work to obtain. The BOD system itself is broken. The dupers just found a creative work around.

Some people seem set to believe that the gold sellers are actually making a huge ammount of money. Come on? You make about $1 per million. To make what you made at McDonald's each month you would have to sell 800 million+ each month.

P

Pojman5

Interesting how you say.. Stop responding to players like this.. Yet you dive right in and throw you 2 cents in.. Your right - lets not open this can of worms. Lets all mind our own business.

T

The Sandman

Well written post

Thanks.
We apologize that you did not see our initial response on this issue. However, we did respond on an earlier thread. http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=95004

First of all, we must state that we DO NOT in any way condone hacking or cheating. We rent out many vendors and we rent much of our studio space from other people on all shards.

This being the case we do our best to monitor what goes on the vendors on our houses and do so regularly. Those who are placing items that are illegal or duped are removed immediately when possible. As far as the space we rent from other players we are unable to do anything about that. It is the homeowner's responsibility to monitor what is on the vendors in their homes.

We apologize for any confusion these issues may have caused. We have no intent of cheating or allowing cheating from anyone on our staff. If you have concerns regarding any situations please feel free to bring it to the attention of any of the Whispering Rose Radio staff and we will look into it immediately. All of our ICQ's are listed on our web site under Contact DJ's.

Thank you for your concerns. We hope this helps.

G

galefan2004

Interesting how you say.. Stop responding to players like this.. Yet you dive right in and throw you 2 cents in.. Your right - lets not open this can of worms. Lets all mind our own business.
The difference is that they will just flame me when I respond to them. When you respond to them they are going to find ways to turn the flame fest to WRR. I don't represent an entity and you do.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First:

Since the bannings, everyone who is in possesion of a large number of high end runics is considered a cheater and this is not the case. Look how long vendor 2.0 has stood and is still standing. Why? Because EA can't find anything wrong with how they obtained those runics.

Second:

It's amusing how people can claim to know so much about WRR and their dealings. If they really were doing so much dirt for so long, don't you think you would have heard something before this?

It's shocking to see how many lurkers have jumped into this one. Seeing some true colors of the community here and it is not a pretty picture.

Also (To whom it may concern), If you click someone's name and view their public profile...Under "User Lists" is the ignore option. I don't want to see this thread fall into padlock land because some people don't know how to use that.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, 'tis the way o' the world nowadays - put on yer blinders, mind yer own business!!

R

RoycroftLS

Rosa Parks knew she was breaking the rules when she sat down in the front of the bus too. We should all crucify her for it? I think not. Sometimes when the rules are absolutely absurd the only way to get them changed is to turn them into a public spectical. I don't think the majority of the player base is happy with this rule and this banning only furthers the cause.
Comparing the mother of the civil rights movement to a couple people playing a game is ludicrous. You aren't being forced by a bigoted society to adhere to such "absurd" rules, you are voluntarily paying to access an online service.

I mean, you are welcome to try forms of in-game civil disobedience if you feel there is a gross injustice occurring. But if the mass protests of the past have taught anything, there is only one significant change you are going to make by protesting... that being having to pick a new online game when EA bans you for disrupting their service.

P

Pojman5

My issue was with the Vendor selling MASS amounts of valorite hammers. If this vendor was indeed yours then why were you not banned? After all this vendor sold over 40 valorite hammers alone on atlantic. Not to mention Beerman also pointed this vendor out to The dev. staff. Care to comment where these came from and how you avoided any Dev. scrutiny?

Mind my own business? It IS my business the minute one person decides personal profit is above the rules of this game. Do you really think you or anyone else is above the rules set forth in the ToS?
I have only sold 1 val hammer on a vendor - ever...

P

Pojman5

My issue was with the Vendor selling MASS amounts of valorite hammers. If this vendor was indeed yours then why were you not banned? After all this vendor sold over 40 valorite hammers alone on atlantic. Not to mention Beerman also pointed this vendor out to The dev. staff. Care to comment where these came from and how you avoided any Dev. scrutiny?

Mind my own business? It IS my business the minute one person decides personal profit is above the rules of this game. Do you really think you or anyone else is above the rules set forth in the ToS?
I guess i didnt fully answer you question - That was not my vendor. And i didnt "avoid scrutiny" from anyone on the dev staff. And I did not sell "over 40 val hammer" This is one of the problems with a small minority of the UO population. You have absolutly no facts yet your willing to get all :gun:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EDITED statement as it has no bearing on Sandman, whom has nothing to do with the Atlantic WRR House.

P

Pojman5

First, You pointed me to a URL dealing with a reply from your DJ in regards to Pacific...in which he offered a statement...what about Atlantic? Second, it appears Pojman5 is claiming to be the one responsible for selling said goods on both Pacific and Atlantic. Third, he states that he still employs vendors at your locations, even after selling illegal content (sorry but I consider 40 valorite hammers illegal content...no matter the explanation) Seems to me that you have no intent on ending the problem if the culprit is still renting from you. It also seems fishy to me that if you indeed did look into this immediately something would have been done rather than leaving said ill gotten goods vendors in place. Real answers would be nice for a change rather than the smoke.

Please and thank you.

You are awefully confused... I dont own ANY vendors on Atlantic. I own the gear vendors on Pacific.

READ THIS --I HAVE ONLY SOLD 1 VAL RUNIC HAMMER EVER ON A VENDOR--

P

Pojman5

And - Im not a DJ!!! You seem to be all sorts of confused... Maybe you should just go back to your bathroom and finish your rodeo or something "Restroom Cowboy"

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And - Im not a DJ!!! You seem to be all sorts of confused... Maybe you should just go back to your bathroom and finish your rodeo or something "Restroom Cowboy"

If thats the case why did you answer me? I was speaking of a vendor named Valorite Hammer on Atlantic. Also my statement and questions were once again directed to Sandman, not to you.

Seems you should go take care of the mental constipation.

In addition I never stated you were a DJ...but it does appear our wires have crossed.

A

AesSedai

- Restroom Cowboy
You mixed something up along the way.
Pojman5 has gear that required, if I recall correctly, over 38 valorite runics in order for it to have been made. He had only admitted that he is a fencer of most-likely duped items, not the actual duper. He uses an illegal website to find the cheap prices, he buys them, burns them, and sells the armor made from them; at least that's exactly what he admitted to in that other thread about ATL problems.

edit: This is exactly what a good middleman would aspire to do (minus the [ab]using UO via using a website that breaks UO rules in order to provide its services... but any good businessman would know that they are dealing with illegal products when they can obtain ~40 when there should only be a few per shard per year allowed in the first place).
'Tis a shame, as it is exactly what the best UO crafters (I think he said he makes the best durn armor possible) would be trying to do: Buying resources from players, converting them into items players want, then selling them.

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First ill start out with Pojman. He has admitted to how he runs his operation which is pretty straight foward he pulled a power move which was buy low burn the items sell high and flood the market, nothing wrong with that. I took a hard hit on my armor sales due to that, do i hate the guy? no. do i think what he did was wrong? no. But as i know and im sure Pojman knows he did to much too fast and prolly eating close to 20mill+ a day in vendor fees and will actually take a loss in time.

But with this said do you guys relize that 99% of the UO community supports scripters hackers and dupers in one form or another. I have yet to see anyone here looking at the big picture just the "val hammers" duped val hammers have been around for years upon years but at 60-75 mill so since there that high of a price they must be legit right??? Wrong.

Have anyone thought about when they are buying recall scrolls or pots that they may have been obtained buy using a script and the skills they used to create the items was gained by unattended macroing and or scripts.

Heres another senerio you see a enhanced bow lets say that was from a monster drop with 40ssi so you know it wasnt crafted by a runic and its 10-15 mill on a vendor. You buy it cuase you know its legit cause its monster loot. Now the owner of that vendor just looted that bow from a char in fel using speed hacks and the insurance drop bug. Now you made this hacker 15 mill so he can buy his 120 archer scroll from another vendor for 15 mill.
well the owner of the power scroll vendor obtained that scroll due to a ghost cam at a spawn to raid the other players at the last minute using speed hacks and other third party programs. now he is going to spend his 15mill on a 30day gametime code through a broker that deals with game time for gold to pay for his ghost cam account.And how is that gametime broker able to sell 30days for 15mill in gold that person has to be taking a loss. Oh thats right they bought the code with a stolen credit card.

So long story short we are all guilty becuase there no way to tell how the items were obtained if you purchase them, so to be safe go craft create and earn everything i mean everything yourself then you can wake up in the morning and say ah i feel good about myself and damn my finger hurts from clicking so much.

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC...

so basically if it sounds to good to be true...it probably is.
no basically every item in they game that you buy whether its a 4gp reagent or a 100mill server birth item some where down the line your supporting scripting duping unattented macros ect unless you earn it your self.

and its EAs job to fix the dupes the bugs the expliots and third party program.
its not our jobs to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.