• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone answer me this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can not possibly be implying that WRR has responsibility in this manner? WTF was EA's responsibility when it came to exploiting WRR to broadcast their town halls for free? EA is the one that needs to take responsibility for this mess. WRR should get a lawyer and take EA to court for abusing volunteer labor yet again, because they aren't paying WRR to broadcast their town hall meetings but they sure the hell are bennefiting from them doing so.
My thoughts exactly..

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no basically every item in they game that you buy whether its a 4gp reagent or a 100mill server birth item some where down the line your supporting scripting duping unattented macros ect unless you earn it your self.

and its EAs job to fix the dupes the bugs the expliots and third party program.
its not our jobs to do that.

So if it sounds to good to be true it probably is...

If you didnt earn it yourself, you dont know where the money to buy it came from...

Its not our job to fix dupes, bug, and exploits...but it is our promise not to use them. (the ToS and RoC)

IS that better?

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if it sounds to good to be true it probably is...

If you didnt earn it yourself, you dont know where the money to buy it came from...

Its not our job to fix dupes, bug, and exploits...but it is our promise not to use them. (the ToS and RoC)

IS that better?
yup sums it up.

A

AesSedai

- that sounds about right.

As for the original subject's concern, consider this, concerned ones:
In a perfect UO, the rule would not be what it has forever been.
In a perfect UO, our GMs would have several levels of support available in order to make 'difficult decisions' & we would all have all the support we need.
In a perfect UO, there would not be many out-of-game entities vampiricly cheating UO of its lifeblood, so to speak: In a perfect UO the good sites could be mentioned whilst the bad could be not.
And in a perfect UO, well...
It ain't perfect, yet :)

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- that sounds about right.

As for the original subject's concern, consider this, concerned ones:
In a perfect UO, the rule would not be what it has forever been.
In a perfect UO, our GMs would have several levels of support available in order to make 'difficult decisions' & we would all have all the support we need.
In a perfect UO, there would not be many out-of-game entities vampiricly cheating UO of its lifeblood, so to speak: In a perfect UO the good sites could be mentioned whilst the bad could be not.
And in a perfect UO, well...
It ain't perfect, yet :)
Well put.......and its EAs job to make it happen however they choose to do so .
But on the same note they better make it quik before the blood runs out:stretcher:

A

Ashyn

First of all, I skipped reading posts after the first 8 in defense of WRR.

WRR isn't any different than anyone else in the game and should not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, be treateded differently.

I started watching my son play UO before Tram existed. I started on my own the week Tram was released. Way back in the day, it didn't take a bunch of cyber jockies to keep anyone informed of what was going on in the game. They don't bring me squat in this game and never did. If they bring something to YOU, it's only because it's something you WANT. I don't want them, I don't need them, and they certainly don't do crap for me. Quite the conrary, their freaking spamming during events actually hinders my game play.

You people who defend people who have a HOBBY they enjoy and feel that their treatment should be above all others as if their god-like in game make me want to cancel our last remaining account.

Quite frankly, I think the use of "Deal or No Deal" is a trademark infringement. I am MOST certain if Rush Limbau even had an inkling that his name was being humerously distorted, you can bet you butt he'd go after that (don't beleive me, go see how he handled the Rush Lipbalm). And of course, you have the whole Norman Bates thing going on.

More than anything, I am appalled that UO even allows people to tread in trademark and copyright infringement and think WRR needs even more suspensions and/or name changes.

I am most certain I am not in the WRR butt Kissers fan club and dually expected to be executed by the masses. Flame away...

A

Ashyn

You can not possibly be implying that WRR has responsibility in this manner? WTF was EA's responsibility when it came to exploiting WRR to broadcast their town halls for free? EA is the one that needs to take responsibility for this mess. WRR should get a lawyer and take EA to court for abusing volunteer labor yet again, because they aren't paying WRR to broadcast their town hall meetings but they sure the hell are bennefiting from them doing so.

And every car lot has free advertising on the ass end of your car - are you being paid for that?

WRR was NEVER hired on as "volunteers" by EA and/or Mythic so don't lot that in as if they were screwed over just like the past volunteers. It's not the same.

Revert back to the dealer tag on your car. Have you ever asked them how much they are going to pay you for freely (key word: Freely) advertising their dealership on YOUR personal property? The answer is "none." I have them take them off before driving a new car off the lot. It's my right, as the owner of that property, to advertise for them or not. It's not my RESPONSIBILITY though as no contractual agreement of the sort exists.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And every car lot has free advertising on the ass end of your car - are you being paid for that?
I bought this ol' GMC truck and put this big fat sticker on it that says HONDA ROCKS!! *Sarcasm*

WRR was NEVER hired on as "volunteers" by EA and/or Mythic so don't lot that in as if they were screwed over just like the past volunteers. It's not the same.
WRR are still "voltuneering"

The developers need to be thanking WRR though, not banning them, that's my two cents..

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We apologize that you did not see our initial response on this issue. However, we did respond on an earlier thread. http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=95004

First of all, we must state that we DO NOT in any way condone hacking or cheating. We rent out many vendors and we rent much of our studio space from other people on all shards.

This being the case we do our best to monitor what goes on the vendors on our houses and do so regularly. Those who are placing items that are illegal or duped are removed immediately when possible. As far as the space we rent from other players we are unable to do anything about that. It is the homeowner's responsibility to monitor what is on the vendors in their homes.

We apologize for any confusion these issues may have caused. We have no intent of cheating or allowing cheating from anyone on our staff. If you have concerns regarding any situations please feel free to bring it to the attention of any of the Whispering Rose Radio staff and we will look into it immediately. All of our ICQ's are listed on our web site under Contact DJ's.

Thank you for your concerns. We hope this helps.
The Whispering Rose Radio Management and Staff

Incorrect.

Let me tell you a little story about the Pacific shard.

Once there was a little tailor on Pacific named Pojman.

He was wellknown for his 4 vendors in Luna city selling Uber leather armor.

Then a wave of duped valorite hammers washed over the lands.

At first no one noticed.

Here and there a vendor appeared sporting Super Duper Uber metallic samurai armors.

A few observant people noticed the water in their goblets had begun to tremble, ever so slightly.

Then one day, the townsfolk awoke to shocking news.

Some well-known people had vanished in the night, their homes had been virtually erased, and the message on the wind was that those who had vanished were part of a mysterious undergrown cult known as the "dupers and dupe dealers", and that they had been dabbling in objects that had been summoned forth from the netherworld in order to enrich themselves. For a few extra gold pieces, they had virtually sold their souls to the duping.

The remaining townspeople, though most were shocked, were relieved that the cult of dupers and dupe dealers had been exorcised from their midst in the night by the leaders of their villages...

Some found that they missed being able to buy reasonably priced delicacies from one of those who had vanished, but for the most part, life moved on as it tends to do.

But then, it began to be very obvious that some ordinary townsfolk had been tainted by the message of the cultists and had they themselves begun to enrich themselves by dabbling in the mysterious world of the duping...

Remember our poor tailor with 4 uber leather armor vendors?

Within days of the banishment of the duper cult the little tailor has acquired riches beyond his wildest dreams.

No longer must he sell Uber leather armor, he can now proudly offer 564 pieces of Super Duper Uber samurai armor, on 11 new vendors!

He has also branched out and begun selling magical barbed kits by the sackful, at lower prices than even the major area sweatshops can offer.

He now offers seemingly the same rare delicacies that the banished cult member once offered! Ornaments of the magician...Leggings of bane...

My how our little tailor has prospered...

He has even gained admittance into the exclusive WRR club, despite townspeople whispering that he too must be dabbling in summoning items from the netherworld...

Has even this prestigious club been tainted by the doings of the dupers cult?

Some Atlantians say, yes.

Some Pacificans say, they admitted to their club and lease many vendors to the once ordinary but now SUPERHUMAN seller of not just leather armor anymore Pojman...

I'm sorry I am still waiting to see something good that WRR does for UO and sorry I just keep seeing questionable things.

1. When WRR first started up, the DJs on Pac would spam "Give me your Icq and I will play your song request!"

2. In order to participate on Deal or No Deal, all contestants were told to write their Icq numbers in a book and hand it over.

At that time many people reported that they had been hacked through Icq.

There was no logical reason that WRR needed everyone in UOs Icq numbers, yet they asked for them anyway.

There was a thread here about it, in which Larissa shard reporter defended WRR and said she won money at their game, on a char they didn't know was hers, gave them her Icq, they delivered her winnings to another shard, she even showed an I M from Sandman wishing her a Happy Birthday.

Two weeks later her account was hacked...

Yes they no longer ask for everyone's Icqs. There are also few reports of UO accounts being hacked through Icq.

Coincidence? Maybe.

3. Adam over at UOForums refused to allow UORadio ads on his forums because he said the owner of UORadio was a "hacker". Sandman and Crystal Rose both worked at UORadio and I assume were trained by the owner 'hacker".

4. Overheard 2 players chatting early one morning at Luna bank on Pac:

Player one says: Sandman and Rose were fired from UORadio because they are in love and UORadio hates love.

Player two says: No no Rose had her hand in the cookie jar and was fired for that. (I think he said Sandman quit to go with Rose but can't recall for certain).

One of the player's sister was a DJ for WRR already, the other player was hoping to become a DJ for whispering rose radio, so these two players can be classified as being friends of Rose and Sandman, no reason to lie.

5. Pojman and his 564 pieces of Super Duper Uber samurai armor has been admitted to WRR. Now for all I know, Pojman might be Sandman himself.

Whatever, makes WRR look bad, yet again.

6. Rumors that WRR vendors were first to have multiple duped valorite hammers for sale...

Didn't see this one myself but I will add that to the list...

Sorry just like that time at swoops when I was really really sick with a headcold and casting evs then closing my eyes til I thought it was time to cast again, I made myself look like I was guilty of being afk and I got paged on and I deserved it to some extent, the things you do and do not do make you look guilty as well.

For example you still lease many vendors to Pojman who needed 38 or more valorite hammers AFTER the valorite hammer bans to make those 564 pieces of armor he sells from houses that WRR owns.

Of course maybe you are Pojman and then technically you would not be "leasing" the vendors.

Oh and btw one day at Luna bank I asked Pojman [WRR] to tell me something good about WRR and his response was:

"Roses are red".

Please don't come here and tell us that you try to remove questionable vendors from your vendor houses as soon as you can because it is simply not true.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite frankly, I think the use of "Deal or No Deal" is a trademark infringement. I am MOST certain if Rush Limbau even had an inkling that his name was being humerously distorted, you can bet you butt he'd go after that (don't beleive me, go see how he handled the Rush Lipbalm). And of course, you have the whole Norman Bates thing going on.

More than anything, I am appalled that UO even allows people to tread in trademark and copyright infringement and think WRR needs even more suspensions and/or name changes.
I'm still trying to think about this... It could be illegal if the devs themselves hosted a event called "Deal or No Deal" But I am not quite sure if the players do.. If the "deal or no deal" events are trademark infrigement that UO is in a load of trouble, we got people with names of bands, characters from movies and all sorts of things, I won't be suprised if those people get suspended or their names changed in UO one day...

Maybe the developers shouldn't advertise the event..

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't speak for Jeremy regarding those urls. I suspect she's not checking out her content. Seriously I believe there's a strong movement to take some responsibility and stop feeding the garbage that is destroying this game. It looks like the change in Stratics policy and GM policy is the start of that. So instead of getting angry with EA, WRR should cut out the problem on their site and continue to do the great job they have been doing. Very simple.

Soon you will see more people taking action in that direction. We grow tired of this stuff over and over. You can imagine how the Devs might feel. We finally have a great new questmaster on the Dev team and instead of enjoying the praise she deserves for the last quest, we have to stop and deal with all the garbage that thinks this game owes them all mortgage payments and new cars. Enough is enough.
As I said, please feel free to step forth and put up your own money to pay for WRR to operate. Until then, STFU.

You have no freaking clue how much money WRR makes (IF ANY AT ALL), so that means you have NO FREAKING ROOM to comment. If you can prove any of your outlandish alligations with facts and are willing to pay for the operating expenses of WRR yourself then by all means please type the keys off of your keyboard...until then just stop typing already.
Well where shall we start....

1. You need to slow down and read what posted. I have not suggested that WRR sells the gold suggested for $ rl cash because I don't know that. I do know that they are paid uo gold for those ads and I have been told they use that gold for their events.

2. The people that they have been advertising for do sell gold for rl $ and worse and that is whom I was referring to in my second paragraph.

3. Nope I can't pay for WRR's expenses because I have been paying $ rl for another site & accounts & expenses out of my own pocket for almost three years and because of that I think I have every right to weigh in on this subject. Do I expect EA or anyone else for that matter to pay my operating expense? Nope.

4. People are kind and generous to me and to the site that I run and often give me donations which I in turn donate to smaller guilds having events for prizes and such. I do not allow vendors in either establishment that I care for nor do I allow banner ads on the site to solicite anything simply because I care a great deal for the reputation of the name I have been charged with caring for and I want nothing to taint it.

5. I know about the gold for ads because I have been privy to some conversations to try and replace the gold income at WRR with legitimate sources. Halister Marner has very very generously given WRR time to find other resources. I have suggested to him that many smaller organizations and guilds could be solicited to make up that income. I would be willing to be one of them. (Unless you of course are part of their staff)

So that makes you...

a) an WRR staff member
b) an angry duper cheater person who just lost their banner ad on WRR
c) a big hairy troll
d) or you'll explain who the hell you are and why you need to attack:drama: everyone in this thread

For the record, I don't necessarily agree with the way EA is handling some of this stuff. Until there is a clear rule or explanation I'm not saying my url in game either.

Andrasta

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Incorrect.

Honestly, it never occured to me, I NEVER shop at Luna, or yet again, visit it. I never paid attention that the guild might be hiding behind an iron curtain, they do all these great events, they stream music, they go to town halls, do interviews and reports on them, and all this supposedly great stuff.. But there is this other side to WRR that they are hiding....

If I had a guild like WRR, got a big house in Luna, you can bet your ass that I would never put on a vendor on it unless it was for roleplaying reasons, in fact, if I had a house in Luna, it would be used for RP reasons only, we would have non-copyrighted events, day in and day out...

It's something I always wanted to do, I don't really think WRR helps build the community. The community as a whole, especially on Pacific, is in shambles. The only way to repair it is with a deep sense of community, and by playing the game the way it should be played...

A

Ashyn

I bought this ol' GMC truck and put this big fat sticker on it that says HONDA ROCKS!! *Sarcasm*

WRR are still "voltuneering"

The developers need to be thanking WRR though, not banning them, that's my two cents..
No. Volunteering is just that; offering your services for no expected cost or gain. And no one needs to thank them for anything. As for the FoF, any Tom, **** or Harry in this game can submitt some little event their hosting to Jeremy and get posted in the FoF. The same holds true for Stratics, they also accept "comminty news."

Simply because UO's FoF publishes community held events doesn't indebt them to anyone - it's a service they offer for teh good of the community - but everyone here (short of a couple) thinks WRR has done soooo much and deserves so much in return.

BS!

A

Ashyn

Incorrect.

He was wellknown for his 4 vendors in Luna city selling Uber leather armor.

Then a wave of duped valorite hammers washed over the lands.

At first no one noticed.

Here and there a vendor appeared sporting Super Duper Uber metallic samurai armors.

A few observant people noticed the water in their goblets had begun to tremble, ever so slightly.

Then one day, the townsfolk awoke to shocking news.

Some well-known people had vanished in the night, their homes had been virtually erased, and the message on the wind was that those who had vanished were part of a mysterious undergrown cult known as the "dupers and dupe dealers", and that they had been dabbling in objects that had been summoned forth from the netherworld in order to enrich themselves. For a few extra gold pieces, they had virtually sold their souls to the duping.

The remaining townspeople, though most were shocked, were relieved that the cult of dupers and dupe dealers had been exorcised from their midst in the night by the leaders of their villages...

Some found that they missed being able to buy reasonably priced delicacies from one of those who had vanished, but for the most part, life moved on as it tends to do.

But then, it began to be very obvious that some ordinary townsfolk had been tainted by the message of the cultists and had they themselves begun to enrich themselves by dabbling in the mysterious world of the duping...

Remember our poor tailor with 4 uber leather armor vendors?

Within days of the banishment of the duper cult the little tailor has acquired riches beyond his wildest dreams.

No longer must he sell Uber leather armor, he can now proudly offer 564 pieces of Super Duper Uber samurai armor, on 11 new vendors!

He has also branched out and begun selling magical barbed kits by the sackful, at lower prices than even the major area sweatshops can offer.

He now offers seemingly the same rare delicacies that the banished cult member once offered! Ornaments of the magician...Leggings of bane...

My how our little tailor has prospered...

He has even gained admittance into the exclusive WRR club, despite townspeople whispering that he too must be dabbling in summoning items from the netherworld...

Has even this prestigious club been tainted by the doings of the dupers cult?

Some Atlantians say, yes.

Some Pacificans say, they admitted to their club and lease many vendors to the once ordinary but now SUPERHUMAN seller of not just leather armor anymore Pojman...

I'm sorry I am still waiting to see something good that WRR does for UO and sorry I just keep seeing questionable things.

1. When WRR first started up, the DJs on Pac would spam "Give me your Icq and I will play your song request!"

2. In order to participate on Deal or No Deal, all contestants were told to write their Icq numbers in a book and hand it over.

At that time many people reported that they had been hacked through Icq.

There was no logical reason that WRR needed everyone in UOs Icq numbers, yet they asked for them anyway.

There was a thread here about it, in which Larissa shard reporter defended WRR and said she won money at their game, on a char they didn't know was hers, gave them her Icq, they delivered her winnings to another shard, she even showed an I M from Sandman wishing her a Happy Birthday.

Two weeks later her account was hacked...

Yes they no longer ask for everyone's Icqs. There are also few reports of UO accounts being hacked through Icq.

Coincidence? Maybe.

3. Adam over at UOForums refused to allow UORadio ads on his forums because he said the owner of UORadio was a "hacker". Sandman and Crystal Rose both worked at UORadio and I assume were trained by the owner 'hacker".

4. Overheard 2 players chatting early one morning at Luna bank on Pac:

Player one says: Sandman and Rose were fired from UORadio because they are in love and UORadio hates love.

Player two says: No no Rose had her hand in the cookie jar and was fired for that. (I think he said Sandman quit to go with Rose but can't recall for certain).

One of the player's sister was a DJ for WRR already, the other player was hoping to become a DJ for whispering rose radio, so these two players can be classified as being friends of Rose and Sandman, no reason to lie.

5. Pojman and his 564 pieces of Super Duper Uber samurai armor has been admitted to WRR. Now for all I know, Pojman might be Sandman himself.

Whatever, makes WRR look bad, yet again.

6. Rumors that WRR vendors were first to have multiple duped valorite hammers for sale...

Didn't see this one myself but I will add that to the list...

Sorry just like that time at swoops when I was really really sick with a headcold and casting evs then closing my eyes til I thought it was time to cast again, I made myself look like I was guilty of being afk and I got paged on and I deserved it to some extent, the things you do and do not do make you look guilty as well.

For example you still lease many vendors to Pojman who needed 38 or more valorite hammers AFTER the valorite hammer bans to make those 564 pieces of armor he sells from houses that WRR owns.

Of course maybe you are Pojman and then technically you would not be "leasing" the vendors.

Oh and btw one day at Luna bank I asked Pojman [WRR] to tell me something good about WRR and his response was:

"Roses are red".

Please don't come here and tell us that you try to remove questionable vendors from your vendor houses as soon as you can because it is simply not true.

Yeah the armor vendors in the two Luna Houses on the west side really take the cake - and your absolutely correct on when it all came about.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, it never occured to me, I NEVER shop at Luna, or yet again, visit it. I never paid attention that the guild might be hiding behind an iron curtain, they do all these great events, they stream music, they go to town halls, do interviews and reports on them, and all this supposedly great stuff.. But there is this other side to WRR that they are hiding....

If I had a guild like WRR, got a big house in Luna, you can bet your ass that I would never put on a vendor on it unless it was for roleplaying reasons, in fact, if I had a house in Luna, it would be used for RP reasons only, we would have non-copyrighted events, day in and day out...

It's something I always wanted to do, I don't really think WRR helps build the community. The community as a whole, especially on Pacific, is in shambles. The only way to repair it is with a deep sense of community, and by playing the game the way it should be played...

"If I had a guild like WRR, got a big house in Luna, you can bet your ass that I would never put on a vendor on it..."

In this case you would need to extrapolate a wee bit:

WRR owns 5 big houses in Luna city on Pacific...

Of which Pojman has vendors at 4 of the 5.

Although the 5th house has vendors too none had Pojmans name on them.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simply because UO's FoF publishes community held events doesn't indebt them to anyone - it's a service they offer for teh good of the community - but everyone here (short of a couple) thinks WRR has done soooo much and deserves so much in return.

BS!
Either way, the two shouldn't have gotten banned, I know what you mean though, in game wise, WRR has done us no good, maybe more harm than good.. Back over on Catskills there is this guild called GRI, and they do more good for the community than harm as with all the roleplaying guilds. What WRR does is what the devs should be currently doing, but they're not..

C

canary

Well the UO team keeps pushing it back on the players to drive events, but look what happens when they do.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're done now....no more.

If anyone has issues with WRR - or any site, guild, etc - send 'em an email as I asked. These forums are not the place to make accusations etc. and posts like this won't be tolerated.

Don't start this topic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.