• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido Paladin Luck Suit

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made the decision to craft the best possible luck suit for my Paladin and I want to show you what came out.

Since I´m playing a bushido paladin, increased Fire Resistance is not relevant. The following suit is crafted for shame runs esp. UEV´s. I´m taking them down with my normal gear (without protection) and for the last couple of hits I switch to this suit.

With perfection and the 10th anniversary statue a luck value of 4150 is possible.

Last edited:

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting idea, may I ask how long on average it takes to kill one UEV with this setup? Tis just that I'm used to taking down these buggers with my Sampire longsword setup.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take em down with my normal melee equipment. Only for the last couple of hits i switch to this suit to get the luck bonus when the uev is killed. Overall i need about 3 minutes per uev

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm fighting UEV in my luck suit. I switch only weapon (with elemental damage instead of luck). It takes about 3.5 min

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Duncan - Can you please share yr suit swap macro...It's taking me far too long to be useful to swap between suits.

Many Thanks

The Old Man

I take em down with my normal melee equipment. Only for the last couple of hits i switch to this suit to get the luck bonus when the uev is killed. Overall i need about 3 minutes per uev

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use ec client its pretty simple. Just create a macro and add the action "equip items" and add your complete luck suit. Nothing more.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which runic will reforge 150 + enhance for 190 luck?
Copper Runic Hammer for reforging 150 luck:

- Powerful Re-Forging
- Grand Artifice
- Inspired Artifice
-- Auspicious / of Fortune

You don't really need to use a Runic Hammer for the enhancement part. You could use the Forged Metal Tool though if the piece is important to you and tedious to reforge/imbue... A normal smith hammer or tongs would work for the enhancing (with the appropriate ingot - golden).

Edit: If you want any extras that might work for you (such as MR 3+) you could use a Bronze Runic Hammer. Same settings as above and with the Second name for the appropriate properties you want. As always, you should test these out on the TC.

Last edited:

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The question is... is it worth the time and trouble to build a suit with 4k + luck? I have only done shame a few times with my sampire and really didn't see any loot change between my normal suit and a suit with 1800+ luck.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Then you haven't done enough runs/aren't paying close enough attention, or aren't fighting things with a big enough loot table.

I notice the difference easily between having 0 and 1000 luck, so I'd for sure notice the difference between 0 and 1800.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. You need to farm at least 3 hours a day for about six months.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol. I have made a partial luck suit and will be finishing it off soon to hit around 2K or so but with the 600 some I've been doing cora with this last week I've actually kept 3 items which has never happened before. It's might be the RNG or it could be luck.

This said I thought there was a thread about luck and 10 SSI shields which I can't find, anyone recall this and can link? It was a talk about hammers used but I can't seem to do better than getting a 5ssi, 100 L and 4 stam from copper....

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Too lazy to link, but the thread you're talking about is the one from the Crafter forum started by popps about semmerset's charts for higher end runics. The posts in question were written by me.

In short, you can't use a copper to get 2 max intensity properties for reforg. But with any hammer bigger than copper, you can't choose Ausp/Fortune title so you'd need to choose a bronze hammer, choose Haste, and then rely on the RNG to get you a 10SSI 140 Luck roll. I'd plan on using a lot of hammers to achieve this.

Alternately, choose a copper hammer, haste package, get the 10SSI, then imbue 100 luck/enhance to 140.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Looks like 4000 luck gives you a 100% chance to improve an item/get more items. Per UO Guide the chance to improve = Luck^(5/9). So at 2k the chance is 68% and at 3k its 85%. Though if you're killing UEV, many of the items are pretty darn good at base, so maybe you roll Yes on a lot of things that are already capped, making these yesses hard to notice.

I bet you'd notice a difference of 2k vs 3k if you killed MOBs with lower loot tables.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like 4000 luck gives you a 100% chance to improve an item/get more items. Per UO Guide the chance to improve = Luck^(5/9). So at 2k the chance is 68% and at 3k its 85%. Though if you're killing UEV, many of the items are pretty darn good at base, so maybe you roll Yes on a lot of things that are already capped, making these yesses hard to notice.

I bet you'd notice a difference of 2k vs 3k if you killed MOBs with lower loot tables.

Say that one is in need of items that normally do NOT have a property onto them (like SSI on jewellery but there could be other examples for different properties and different items...), would the player be better off with as much luck as possible or as least luck as possible ? Or just with average luck ?

The thing is, that often a piece is wanted with a given property and possibly with that wanted property at maxed out intensity, but not with other, unrelated properties to whatever use that item will be needed for, so as to be able to custom imbue the item as wanted.

Now, given what the formula is and the game dynamics, in order to increase one's own chances at getting the item wanted with the property wanted and at max intensity and not much else on it, how should one behave as in regards to what luck to wear or monster to hunt ? Because, the higher the monster the better the item which it means better intensity but also more properties, even if unwanted ones...

So, to go back to the example of SSI on jewellery (but as said other properties and other items could be made as examples...), besides what luck to wear, would one be better off fighting the level 1 of the new dungeon or the Boss of the spawn ??

Thanks

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well either I'm blind or luck isn't an option to imbue on a shield?

Not all properties can be imbued on all items, some properties are restricted to be imbued only on certain, specific items. BUT, the game CAN occasionally spawn them on items that players cannot imbue with them so, depending on what the players' needs for a suit might be, such spawn items carrying not imbuable properties on them could be valuable in the making of a suit. For some properties (not all and not on all slot pieces though), this can also be achieved through re-forging....

Swing Speed Increase (SSI) for example, can ONLY be imbued on weapons....
Yet, besides artifacts, sometimes it can spawn also on jewellery, shields thus reducing the need for having it on the weapon and so make it possible to imbue on the weapon some different property which is likewise important for fighting (and not imbuable much on other pieces) but which, contrary to SSI, it does not spawn on other pieces thus making it advisable to have it on the weapon in place of SSI, wherever possible....

For example, in the case of a dexer there may be other properties like Hit Life Leech (HLL), Hit Mana Leech (HML), the Slayer, Hit Lower Defense (HLD), Hit Lower Attack (HLA), Hit Stamina Leech (HSL) which can ONLY be imbued on a Weapon and, contrary to SSI, do not appear much on other pieces. So, whenever these properties are important for the suit in the making, clearly removing SSI from the weapon (by having it on other pieces) to make room on the weapon for any of them, can be crucial for the better fine tuning of the entire suit.....
Some players, sometimes even go as far as to hunt for days, if not for weeks, to get a rare drop of the Whetstone of Enervation which allows the total removal of the Damage Increase (DI) property (it can be imbued on jewellery) from a Weapon thus making more room for another likewise valuable property but which cannot be found much on other pieces.....

It sounds complicated and confusing (and it is), especially when the tuning of an entire suit becomes finer and finer, and I wished wholeheartedly that there was like a walkthrough to help unknowledged players to navigate through all of these restrictions and "advisable steps" to follow (what property to choose for what item and for which template, a regular step by step walkthrough guiding unknowledged players depending on their various, different needs), when designing a high end suit, but other than bits and pieces of advice scattered here and there, there is no comprehensive, global picture to it....... no walkthrough, I am afraid.........

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

Max possible luck on a suit is 2260. Perfection gives 1000 luck bonus. So really it's not a difference between 2k and 3k but a difference between 3000 and 3260. As too me this difference doesn't worth efforts to reach the max luck value.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't imbue luck on a shield but you can reforge it.

Does reforging allow for any property to be placed on any item which normally could not have it imbued it ?

For example, SSI cannot be imbued on armor, only on weapons.

Now, is it possible (like luck) to reforge it on a Shield or on the chest or legs or any other amor piece of the body?

If it is not so, that is, that not all properties not imbuable onto a given slot piece can then be reforged onto it, but only some can, is there like a list of what properties not normally imbuable on a slot piece can instead be reforged onto it ? And with what intensity ?

If a property is not imbuable, but is reforgeable onto a piece, then it means that one is stuck with whatever intensity it might be reforged onto that piece (since it cannot be altered through imbuing...). How can one then "adjust" the reforging attempt to land the intensity of the reforged property as close as possible to whatever is wanted ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Max possible luck on a suit is 2260. Perfection gives 1000 luck bonus. So really it's not a difference between 2k and 3k but a difference between 3000 and 3260. As too me this difference doesn't worth efforts to reach the max luck value.
CorwinXX, is it feasible a 2,000 luck (3,000 luck with perfection) suit for a dexer that would work also for high end Monsters ?

Clearly, when taking up as much luck as possible, this means compromising with other properties which help in the fight, either to stay alive or to kill the target faster.

I know that many just use 2 suits, a regular fighting suit and then a luck suit and they only swap the luck suit at the end of the fight, for the last blow.

Personally, I see this a bit as cheating, it takes advantage of a flaw in the game engine which, IMHO, should look at the luck worn throughout the entire fight, not just that for the killing blow....

Anyways, if one wanted to actually fight the whole fight in a high luck suit, not just swap it at the end of the fight, do you see it as feasible to still be competitive in a fight AND have like 2,000 luck worn (3,000 luck with perfection) ?

In such a case, what template would you see more fit for wearing high luck for the entire fight AND fight high end Monsters, a Sampire ? A Bushido Paladin ? An Archer ? A Thrower? Some other mixed up skills template ?

Do you think that one would be limited with such a suit as to what high level monster one could fight ?

Thanks.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
no walkthrough, I am afraid.........
Here is a complete walk-through:
Use Mace&Shield, Slither, Luck Garb, LT sash, Crimson, HCI Quiver, INT boots.
Use an Swing Speed Calculator to get SSI value you need for 1.25s swing speed. Get this SSI from jewels [and DF].
Get 5 HCI, 8 MI, 8 SI, 8 LMC, 15 RES/5 HPI on each armor piece. Reinforce each piece with +1 fire&phys&energy.
Imbue SuperSlayer, 50 DI, 50 SSI, max HML on your weapon (reforged with 100 HLL or 40 HFat).
Imbue your jewels to get (total) 45 HCI, 100 DI, 30 DCI.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a complete walk-through:
Use Mace&Shield, Slither, Luck Garb, LT sash, Crimson, HCI Quiver, INT boots.
Use an Swing Speed Calculator to get SSI value you need for 1.25s swing speed. Get this SSI from jewels [and DF].
Get 5 HCI, 8 MI, 8 SI, 8 LMC, 15 RES/5 HPI on each armor piece. Reinforce each piece with +1 fire&phys&energy.
Imbue SuperSlayer, 50 DI, 50 SSI, max HML on your weapon (reforged with 100 HLL or 40 HFat).
Imbue your jewels to get (total) 45 HCI, 100 DI, 30 DCI.

Well, that helps....thanks !

I noticed that for the jewellery you advice 4 mods total (45 HCI, 100 DI, 30 DCI and as much SSI as possible).
Why not 5 mods which is the total possible on a piece ? What could be the 5th mod for jewellery ?

Also, as for armour, you advice more on metal which helps reduce the stamina loss, for studded leather which helps giving a better Lower Mana Cost or Woodland Armour which can give a sixth property ? Or perhaps a different armour for other, better advantages it may offer ?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
CorwinXX, is it feasible a 2,000 luck (3,000 luck with perfection) suit for a dexer that would work also for high end Monsters ?

Clearly, when taking up as much luck as possible, this means compromising with other properties which help in the fight, either to stay alive or to kill the target faster.

I know that many just use 2 suits, a regular fighting suit and then a luck suit and they only swap the luck suit at the end of the fight, for the last blow.

Personally, I see this a bit as cheating, it takes advantage of a flaw in the game engine which, IMHO, should look at the luck worn throughout the entire fight, not just that for the killing blow....

Anyways, if one wanted to actually fight the whole fight in a high luck suit, not just swap it at the end of the fight, do you see it as feasible to still be competitive in a fight AND have like 2,000 luck worn (3,000 luck with perfection) ?

In such a case, what template would you see more fit for wearing high luck for the entire fight AND fight high end Monsters, a Sampire ? A Bushido Paladin ? An Archer ? A Thrower? Some other mixed up skills template ?

Do you think that one would be limited with such a suit as to what high level monster one could fight ?

Thanks.
2000 luck is 15-20 less mods useful for a fightig. It must be obvious that such sacrifice limits your efficiency, isn't it? Most of players are not able to solo high-end monsters even in their best suits.
The best template depends on what do you fight.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

I noticed that for the jewellery you advice 4 mods total (45 HCI, 100 DI, 30 DCI and as much SSI as possible).
Why not 5 mods which is the total possible on a piece ? What could be the 5th mod for jewellery ?
Any you need - skills, stats, casting and so on.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

Also, as for armour, you advice more on metal which helps reduce the stamina loss, for studded leather which helps giving a better Lower Mana Cost or Woodland Armour which can give a sixth property ? Or perhaps a different armour for other, better advantages it may offer ?
Here are some real examples:
CorwinXX's Warrior's Guide for New and Returning Players

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So, to go back to the example of SSI on jewellery (but as said other properties and other items could be made as examples...), besides what luck to wear, would one be better off fighting the level 1 of the new dungeon or the Boss of the spawn ??

Thanks
I have pondered this a bit myself, and I'd say that generally speaking, if you want to find a bracelet/ring with only 10SSI and no other mods, then you're going to need it to be a lesser magic item. The more properties an item spawns with, the more chance that one of them isn't a property you want.

Logically then, I'd fight on level 1, and with 0 luck. For a few reasons. Firstly, like you come up with, those monsters have lower loot tables than on deeper levels, so thats going to give you the best chance for a jewel with only 10SSI (10 SSI means the thing rolled 2 properties, and both were ssi 5).

Secondly, it is a numbers/rate over time thing. You can kill a UEV in 3.5 minutes, and that will have ~10 items. I can kill an earth elem on level 1 in 3.75 seconds, and has 2-3 items and spawns 25 or 30 of them on the level at a time. So in the same time it takes you to kill 1 UEV, you can kill 20 earth elems and mud monsters(whatever they're called) and get a look at ~50 items and not just 10.

So if you're looking for 1 UBER item to that you then intend to craft the rest of the suit around - kill UEVs and wear as much luck as you can. If you're looking for an item with 1-2 specific properties, but still room to imbue more, then I think 0 luck and level 1 is the way to go.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Duncan I see this post is almost 2 years old. Wondering if your still running this luck suit and if anything has changed? Once again thank you for sharing your templates and info. The excel sheet are a great help.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this is my latest luck suit. (with refinement) Its not the newest, i think here and there sth could be optimized but it still works as intended.
Its not for a long fight, the purpose of this suit is swapping when a boss / peerless is at low health and do the killing blow. The same goes for treasure hunting. I wear it while I dig up the chest. The spawn I kill with my normal suit.

But normal monsters even balrons work very well while wearing the suit all the time.

This suit has no dci so I discarded the katana / shiel combo and chose a daisho instead so parrying works.
It gives 2210 Luck + 1000 perfection + (1000 Felucca) + about 1100 (10th anniversary scupture) = 5310

Last edited:

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks so much duncan. I will start working to collect some items that I can use to model after this suit. I think its time I made a crafter to save money buying finished pieces.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Duncan, I know luck has always been a matter of some debate. Are you still seeing a significant difference with t chests that are definitely more than RNG?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i didnt do t-maps recently. I do lots of champion spawns right now and luck def. has influence on the champs loot. Killing them with my normal suit most loot i get are greater, major magic items and lesser artifacts. With my luck suit there are a couple of greater and major artifacts and sometimes even a legendary.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I'm not mistaken the luck statue has a cap of 1000 luck. You have 1100 on the chart. Typo, or am I missing something? Thanks

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes is this capped? On uo guide it says you get 200 + 50 per active account year. Didnt know it was cappd my account is not that old but others are.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How did you go about crafting the legs? Care to give a quick walkthrough? I've only been playing UO for just over a month and have never crafted anything as of yet. Thanks. I've been farming non stop to save gold fk get my crafter started. I plan on starting one within the week. I farmed some nice 10ssi jewels and sold them and have enough gold put back for a very good start when the time comes.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The legs? Nothing special about them. Just like the other parts, craft as long as you get the right base stats then reforge to get 150 luck then use powder of fort. Then imbue after that enhance. It may need a while though. Reforging is the problem.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you craft with iron ingots. Begin like this. Chose a Part and craft as long as you get 1 minimum resistance value. E.g plate has 5 3 2 3 2. in case of the legs fire resistance was ecactly 3. in the end you want to imbue the Part with Fire resistance so you so not waste overall resistance points

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No you craft with iron ingots. Begin like this. Chose a Part and craft as long as you get 1 minimum resistance value. E.g plate has 5 3 2 3 2. in case of the legs fire resistance was ecactly 3. in the end you want to imbue the Part with Fire resistance so you so not waste overall resistance points
So craft pieces until I get one with the minimum resist in at least one spot. Then imbue all the resist spots to max? Or just one resist spot per piece? Sorry for the super basic questions but I'm totally new to crafting.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Watch my Chart. The numbers in fat are the imbued resists. Normally you want to imbue as less resists as possible

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so craft until one piece has the minium amount in a resist. then POF. then when you start to imbue do you begin with the resists? or the stats? And your crafting with a normal smith hammer?

Last edited: