• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Breaking News From Minoc:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Let me start from top and work way down:
1) A 3 man guild asks you to join, to me that is all 3 members inviting you. Considering your a tight nit group. My mistake lol. Darkfall came out, plus work took off. Combined I chose them over UO, hence leaving Governor, and PvP on chessy. If me and amitlu with you guys were to fight toke BEFORE Pits and co came to Chessy, we would win every fight w/o any way to lose. That wouldn't have been fun. And before the new people came to toke I was getting on periodically and starting fights.
2) I don't prefer a crazy big zerg. But I do enjoy playing w/ long time friends, and they have friends, and eventually it gets out of control. Well, see, your wrong on the your first point here. I came back a couple of months before you, and joined the guild Navi was in. Didn't care anymore as to who was in, or who we were fighting. Was more of getting back in the game. Orion wasn't the one leading anything, it was usually Sadist and Myself. But for a long while it was Sadist. I can only tell you I've never went on a mass recruiting spree like you just mentioned.
3) Everything I've done is get pvp, and it has. I'm usually always with the group who leaves, because we want MORE pvp. Chessy was a farming shard, you knew it, I knew it, everyone knew it. We farmed everything, all the time. So yea, I get people to come pvp -- which that comes more people on our side, and eventually it leads to a split. Which happened here with Slipknots group leaving, and then Amitlu / Claire. It happens all the time. But as toke had control on Chessy, we were zerging AND the pvpers were on ATL and LS. Where it was tight nit groups working to take spawns from zergs. You seem to forget this is what was happening.
4) What am I trying to fabricate on the history?

Good to know you keep the hate in your heart.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me start from top and work way down:
1) A 3 man guild asks you to join, to me that is all 3 members inviting you. Considering your a tight nit group. My mistake lol. Darkfall came out, plus work took off. Combined I chose them over UO, hence leaving Governor, and PvP on chessy. If me and amitlu with you guys were to fight toke BEFORE Pits and co came to Chessy, we would win every fight w/o any way to lose. That wouldn't have been fun. And before the new people came to toke I was getting on periodically and starting fights.
2) I don't prefer a crazy big zerg. But I do enjoy playing w/ long time friends, and they have friends, and eventually it gets out of control. Well, see, your wrong on the your first point here. I came back a couple of months before you, and joined the guild Navi was in. Didn't care anymore as to who was in, or who we were fighting. Was more of getting back in the game. Orion wasn't the one leading anything, it was usually Sadist and Myself. But for a long while it was Sadist. I can only tell you I've never went on a mass recruiting spree like you just mentioned.
3) Everything I've done is get pvp, and it has. I'm usually always with the group who leaves, because we want MORE pvp. Chessy was a farming shard, you knew it, I knew it, everyone knew it. We farmed everything, all the time. So yea, I get people to come pvp -- which that comes more people on our side, and eventually it leads to a split. Which happened here with Slipknots group leaving, and then Amitlu / Claire. It happens all the time. But as toke had control on Chessy, we were zerging AND the pvpers were on ATL and LS. Where it was tight nit groups working to take spawns from zergs. You seem to forget this is what was happening.
4) What am I trying to fabricate on the history?

Good to know you keep the hate in your heart.
Before we both get infractions for not talking in the PVP thread, move it there if you want to carry on.

I don't hate at all. I've stated before (And anyone who knows me) I am very VERY blunt. People will say things in confidence, or just to friends... I spread it loud and free. These aren't my sentiments alone. Again, if people want to add to the conversation, they are allowed. But, I have formulated my own opinions based on my own accounts, and several other people's accounts (However true they may be).

I don't -HATE- anyone. That is a strong word I use very seldomly. I just prefer people don't cast stones at glass houses. I call them out on it.

And really? You are going to pretend to not know we run a council system? We've done this since PWNi. How many guilds have you been in with us? o_Oo_Oo_O

And I've known you since your squeaky chair in vent days Cotton. Don't pretend you don't exaggerate the truth on things... :eyes:

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
you two crack me up!

"Breaking News from Minoc!"
~Miners confused. Using pickaxes on trees. Visiting lumberjacks chopping water @ the fishing docks. Fishers casting in the mines (Marge... can you help them please). Amit sets up shop in gypsy camp selling salts to be used in your bathwater. PvP guilds zerg the RP. Trammies farming spawns in T2A. PvP guilds have zero 'red' members left due to politically motivated pardons.

Ok, I'm done. I need a drink.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Breaking News from Minoc!"
Fishers casting in the mines (Marge... can you help them please).

My poor fellow fishers! After reading the news concerning fishers dazed and confused, I immediately set out to go find Kerrilynn in the waterless caves surrounding MInoc. To my surprise, it wasn't Kerrilynn lost in the mines but poor Billy the fisher. Poor Billy was simply sitting in the back of the mine with simple smile on his face casting his pole into the void. I walked up to Billy and asked him how he was feeling. He simply said he was feeling "alright, alright, alright". I asked what he was doing here in the mines. He said he heard there were stone fish and he wanted one. I told them they were to be found in the waters off of Paupa but he wouldn't hear of it. He looked up at me and I saw the glazed look in his eyes as he said to me "No man, I'm am looking to be one with the stone fish so I need to be here among the stones. Don't you get it man, the stone is stone, the fish is stone, I am stone. We are all stoned, man."

I could tell something was off with Billy, more so than usual. I asked him where had he been lately - had he eaten anything different. He replied he had been to the gypsy camp to trade his fish for basic provisions and saw a new luxury shop selling what he thought was spices. He was intrigued with what the shopkeeper called bath salts. (Poor Billy, never the brightest or the cleanest of fishers had no idea bath salts were not meant for consumption.) He said he bought some and used it that night on his fish steaks. As he laid down and looked up at the stars, he said everything became "beautiful man just beautiful." He decided to get up and walk around for the world had never so full of color. As he walked the streets of Minoc late that night, he heard people talking but couldn't make out most of what they were saying over the music that seemed to follow him where ever he went. All he could make out were the words "stone" and "fish". So he decided to go into the mines and see if he could catch one of these fish.

I was surprised to find out he had been there for well over a week. As it turns out, Billy was still eating the bath salt tainted fish steaks. I quietly took the remaining bath salts and fish steaks away and asked Billy if there was anything else I could bring him to eat. With a smile on his face, he said he had been craving chicken pot pie. I hurried back to my keep to get my sister to cook him a chicken pot pie. Once it was done, I brought it back to Billy but he said that's not what he wanted. I reminded him that is what he asked for but he told me "No man, chicken pot pie are three things. My three favorite things in fact." Having no idea what he meant, I told him to go ahead and eat the food I brought to him while it was still fresh. He looked at the pie and said to me "Awww man, I can't eat that - it's not the right shape." I said "Billy, it's a pie; all pies are round." "No man," he replied "I like my food shaped like a hot pocket." He now had me completely confused, what in all of Sosaria is a hot pocket shape?!?

Knowing that in a while the bath salts would wear off and seeing no danger to him in the mines, I left him there with the pie. I told him I would check back with him later on. He said that was "cool man, cool". I walked away thinking "Why Billy! Why did you do it? Why did you put bath salts on fish steaks?" I turned around for one last quick check on him and saw him playing with the food I brought him. He was smashing the pie into a puffy rectangle shape.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ROFL!!!! Well done ma'am. Well done! :)

I can't believe you added the hot pocket reference. That there took your post to the next level!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I was the most active RP governor. I got stone walled by other governors, and the RP community. Because the RP community was mad PvPers came into 'their' world. I had multiple story lines typed up and planned out. But kept getting delayed, and delayed, and now I work Sundays. So... life happened.

Can you give me one last contribution anyone has made? lol

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't condemn us all by stating "The RP Community" perhaps say "91.5% of the RP Community" or "The RP Elitists" or "The worthless EM got mad" or whatever :) Shanks

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Okay stirring the pot comments aside (see above) here is some constructive, genuine advice for you. To do this I am going to single out Phoenix simply because her and I have been the Best of friends for years and years, staying up late at night in our footie pajamas braiding each others hair.....back to reality. In the past it did not take much to to pit her and I against each other, little birds just had to whisper in our ears and we were off to the races (to be fair I was easier to provoke then her).

After all those wasted years I finally got a pellet gun and shot all of those little &I*#%$ing birdies and started communicating with her and explaining certain things that I was doing that might affect what she was doing and you know what, she turned out to be nothing like Rosemary's Baby. She is actually a very pleasant and wonderful lady to know and talk too and get feedback from. She has a passion for her community and is very protective of those in it and a general willingness to help other players, even complete strangers.

So when you decide to run for Governor again I suggest adding each Governor to your icq list and letting them know what you're up to and perhaps even ask if one of them would like to collaborate on a project with you. It's not about bowing down to anyone, seeking permission or approval, it's about having respect for the players around you, letting them know your intentions and putting forth the effort to interact and get involved with what's currently going on and what their doing.

As for the meetings had you told me what was going on I would have made some snide comments and then suggested the following
-Talk to the current Governors and let them know what is going on and if one or two of the six meetings could be held on another day (and make sure your butt shows up)
-Ask the EM if you could appoint and Envoy or Deputy Governor to attend the meetings (Shows them you are making an effort)
-Email Mesanna and explain your work schedule (If all failed and the EM said they would remove you)
-Close all of your Ultima Online accounts and in the comment box of the exit survey tell Mesanna how much she smells like Paroxysmus (LoL)

Now I'm going to revive the old Gareth!
If ya'll don't start communicating with each other and getting along, I WILL unseat every Governor, Strip Every Trade Deal and Octet Client The Crap Out Of The Governors Meeting...And don't think my team and I can't pull it off because between us we have over 10 billion iron ingots and enough contacts throughout the game to pull together 700+ votes. You don't want to see Governor Gareth in every seat threatening, praising, and arguing with himself do you? LoL

Ps. EM ShanyraFyre you're not useless I was just ruffling your feathers. I once said "EA Games We $*&# Up Everything" about a design Mesanna built for my town...to this day I still get insta killed whenever she sees me :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You don't want to see Governor Gareth in every seat threatening, praising, and arguing with himself do you?
I thought we already did, about once a month. I'm so confused!

In seriousness though, yeah, let's all work together for the fun of the shard. (((Chesapeake)))

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly like jumping in and causing a ruckus (Hey, I do it in PVP even if when we don't have a lot on, so why not do it in RP too?), so you better watch out! Don't go around using white substances that you don't know about! And if you are up to something... I will catch you!! :p

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I'm going to revive the old Gareth!
If ya'll don't start communicating with each other and getting along, I WILL unseat every Governor, Strip Every Trade Deal and Octet Client The Crap Out Of The Governors Meeting...And don't think my team and I can't pull it off because between us we have over 10 billion iron ingots and enough contacts throughout the game to pull together 700+ votes. You don't want to see Governor Gareth in every seat threatening, praising, and arguing with himself do you? LoL
Yes, yes i do
Nogo does a pretty good job of this himself. He either competes with you, or is following in your footsteps... Or you are both the same... Or both 15 people... or something... :oops::oops:o_Oo_O

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Captain Morgan sat back in his chair. His eyes were blurring over as he tried to decipher the complicated treasure map he had recently procured. As he was rubbing his eyes, trying to motivate himself to be prepared for another day of searching for treasure, a ruckus outside brought him back to the real world. The real world of Minoc. Captain Morgan slowly pushed his chair back, stood up, and walked over to the window. As he looked out, he saw some miners shoving each other. They were obviously intoxicated, but usually the miners had long since retired by this time of night. Now days it seems that the workers in Minoc are up all night and no where to be found during the day. Oh well, no business of a treasure hunter.

The old pirate captain sat back down to finish figuring out the coordinates for tomorrow's hunt. BAM!!!!

Captain Morgan jumps to his feet-- "Vas Rel Jux Ort" ..... wait. Stop. Don't cast it.

Two fishermen, FISHERMEN!!! were fighting like it was their last day. They had crashed through the door to the house and continued fighting on the floor. Having stopped his original spell, Captain Morgan found an appropriate other: "Vas Zu." As the spell laid its work on the struggling fishermen, a guard rushed through the door. The guard apologized for the miscreants (his word) and grabbed the two brawlers by the hair and dragged them out.

Captain Morgan stared at his broken door... he looked outside at the general discontent. He took some deep breaths to slow his pulsing heart and let the adrenaline fade. "I gotta get outta here."

Captain Morgan was never much of a citizen of Minoc. He only stayed because he had the hots for the reporter Nihilum and he enjoyed the remote area, quietly secluded in the mountains far from the hustle and bustle of the big cities like Britain and Trinsic. "It might be time to live on the ship again."

But he knew that was a bad idea. Old men have old bones and the sea is unforgiving. Captain Morgan loved the sea, but he also loved dry land, a warm bed, and a sweet night in a tavern cuddled up with a little wench who loved his crazy stories. Yes, he would have to find another town. But which one???

Moonglow could work. It's an island. Easy ship access... but those mages are just snooty. They all think they're so much better than everyone. Ugh. And really, a pirate (even an ex-pirate) probably doesn't belong in the honest (oh, and very snooty) town of moonglow. Hmmm. Britain. NO. Trinsic, NO. Scara and Jelhom, no and no. All too big. Yew is pretty peaceful, but the Abby is all too righteous and the trees are too confining. That leaves Vesper on the mainland, or one of the island towns.

Captain Morgan decided to move down to Vesper and he how he liked the town. If it didn't agree with him, he could always continue on to New Magincia, Occlo, Nujelm, or one of the many others.

As he arrived in Vesper, Captain Morgan noticed that the town had a much better disposition than Minoc. This despite the absence of the governor due to extreme sickness from her abduction. As always, Captain Morgan found himself at the docks, looking at the ocean. "Excuse me sir," a stranger said to him, "Can I help you?"

"No," Captain Morgan replied "I'm just enjoying the sea breeze."

"Well Sir, we have been looking for sailors to transport goods for some time here," the man continued, "would you be interesting in working for the trade ministry? We are far behind and really need to catch up."

Captain Morgan thought for a minute and then agreed to trade for his newly adopted town. Some honest work never hurt anyone.

As he began his first trade, a shadow darted across the dock and the Captain felt a brush along his robe. He immediately grabbed for his coin purse... but it was still there. Oh! There was a note stuck to the coin purse. He read the note and shoved it deep in his pocket.

Interesting place this Vesper.