• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Breaking News From Minoc:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello citizens of Minoc, and greater Britiannia. Today, August 10th, 2016 is a sad day for Minoc, and a sadder day for all of Sosaria. Due to my limited play time, lack of support from the RP community, and at request of the King, I am hereby resigning as Governor of Minoc. I requested, and the King accepted, that Naitch the runner up in the elections would finish out my term and serve the peoples of Minoc well.

I do want to thank the supporters, and especially Nogo (IE: my royal guard, trade minister, and hardcore RPing pal).

I'd also like to take a moment to touch on the response from the RP community -- I think you guys could have been more welcoming, and attended more events, or showed interest in more events. I got the PvP community RPing hardcore, and not a chirp from the RP crowd. That is saddening. It is at part why I decided to step away.

But the final nail in the coffin as they say, would be my work schedule. Between my job, and my personal business, I'm just too busy to attempt to hold events, and I definitely can't make Sundays anymore. With that said, I was speaking to the King, and he asked me to walk away if I couldn't fulfill my duties.

I wish Naitch and the rest of the governors the best of luck, and I will be trying to pay attention to as much as I can to events and things going on.

Thank you all,

Cotton Eye Joe

Former Governor of Minoc

PS: Since I have no skin in the game anymore, and multiple investigations underway. I would like to say, Jhelom is the root of all this substance creation and distribution.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello citizens of Minoc, and greater Britiannia. Today, August 10th, 2016 is a sad day for Minoc, and a sadder day for all of Sosaria. Due to my limited play time, lack of support from the RP community, and at request of the King, I am hereby resigning as Governor of Minoc. I requested, and the King accepted, that Naitch the runner up in the elections would finish out my term and serve the peoples of Minoc well.

I do want to thank the supporters, and especially Nogo (IE: my royal guard, trade minister, and hardcore RPing pal).

I'd also like to take a moment to touch on the response from the RP community -- I think you guys could have been more welcoming, and attended more events, or showed interest in more events. I got the PvP community RPing hardcore, and not a chirp from the RP crowd. That is saddening. It is at part why I decided to step away.

But the final nail in the coffin as they say, would be my work schedule. Between my job, and my personal business, I'm just too busy to attempt to hold events, and I definitely can't make Sundays anymore. With that said, I was speaking to the King, and he asked me to walk away if I couldn't fulfill my duties.

I wish Naitch and the rest of the governors the best of luck, and I will be trying to pay attention to as much as I can to events and things going on.

Thank you all,

Cotton Eye Joe

Former Governor of Minoc

PS: Since I have no skin in the game anymore, and multiple investigations underway. I would like to say, Jhelom is the root of all this substance creation and distribution.
The only event I was aware of was the miner fight, which I did attend (on my miner of course).

Regardless, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Thank you all,

Cotton Eye Joe

Former Governor of Minoc

The summer time is tough for any events. It was nice to see you guys jumping in and doing things. I have been off for a couple of months, it just isn't the same logging in anymore. I am hoping this fall, I will be on more and participating again. I hope that when your work loads lightens, you will give it another shot as well.

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a lot more quiet during summer as a lot of us are on vacations, or away from home. I include myself in the lot, as I've been out of town camping with the kids every weekends for the last month or so.

Plus, the Chessy RP community lost one of its pillars with the passing of Ozog, from which we are still recovering. The mood isnt quite there right now.

Dont throw the towel on us just yet. We should get back at our normal pace this fall. Governor or not, you're more than welcome to join us on events, or plan some of your own !

Tehan.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Joe atleast you gave it a good try. Which is more than what alot of other people do. I haven't been on Chessy this month. Got a wild hair to go to Siege and learn PvP. It takes 92 hrs to go from 70 to 120 in a skill.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I humbly accepted the office of governor for Minoc today, and promise to do all I can to make our city proud.
Lately, our town has been through much drama, and a healing process must take place. Together, we all will come together to forge a great community.
Power to the People !

On a personal note, I would like to thank Cotton Eye Joe for his service and wish him the best in his future endeavors...

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I humbly accepted the office of governor for Minoc today, and promise to do all I can to make our city proud.
Lately, our town has been through much drama, and a healing process must take place. Together, we all will come together to forge a great community.
Power to the People !

On a personal note, I would like to thank Cotton Eye Joe for his service and wish him the best in his future endeavors...
Did you just give him the WWE released speech?...

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Governor Cotton will be sorely missed. Hopefully the new Governor will recognize the hard work and dedication that Cotton's staff can provide and not completely overhaul the cabinet during the regime change.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The new governor has stripped away the FC+1 buff. That is a sad thing to hear on the ICQ wires. Sadness sweeps the citizens of Minoc this week. This will cost us hundreds of citizens.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is reinstating that trade deal. The riots have subsided already and a tentative peace has fallen over the land.

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is reinstating that trade deal. The riots have subsided already and a tentative peace has fallen over the land.
Why can't he come here an tell us that?...using a press release is cowardly....

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bunch of thugs these miners are I tell you.. Riot first, ask questions later. They'd better get back to their picks and caves before they ruin their own city's economy over pesky administrative details..

Perhaps Holly Bloodhand's print still holds the city; to each his own profits !!

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why can't he come here an tell us that?...using a press release is cowardly....
My statement was not intended as a press release. I have no authority to speak for Minoc's government officials. I only wanted the Minoc citizens that may not have heard the GENeral CHATtering of the past few days to be reassured that their Governor has listened to their concerns and is working to finalize the trade deal with the Bardic Collegium once again. I simply did not want the discord of the past few days to spill over to this realm.

Lady Marge
Deputy Mayor of Nidaros

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Always something with the trade deals, next time leave requests for your replacement :p

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The new governor has stripped away the FC+1 buff. That is a sad thing to hear on the ICQ wires. Sadness sweeps the citizens of Minoc this week. This will cost us hundreds of citizens.
Have no fear, come this November Chaos will return and there shall be a Reckoning that will shake the very core of the Governor's Table! :naughty-angel:

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes, the FC+1 bonus from the Bardic Collegium will be reinstated this week (by Thursday night to be precise)
It will not be changed again, rest assured.

The mailbox at the governor's office is stuffed full of angry letters from the citizens of Minoc. I like to call myself the peoples governor, so I will be listening to ALL of the people with concerns for Minoc. This includes positive or negative comments, so please feel free to say whatever you would like to say, I will always have an open door policy for anyone interested enough to take time to opine.
( PM or ICQ# 612547852 Mister Marvelous)

That being said, I feel I owe an apology to everyone who has been affected by the trade buff. My intention for swapping is to turn Minoc back into a RP town with an emphasis on Mining and Blacksmithing ( Which is why I chose the Miner's Cooperative buff )
But I failed to realize that not everyone in a roleplayer and were totally shocked when they went to get their bonus.

I still will attempt to make events and stories center around what Minoc is best known for, and I hope others will join me in creating and attending those events. The governor's meeting is this Sunday and plan to make more announcement of planned events at that time. I invite everyone to attend. Thank you citizens, for caring about your home town, Minoc.

- Naitch , The People's Governor of Minoc

jackie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Always something with the trade deals, next time leave requests for your replacement :p
As was informed they can not request anyone they just want to take over the seat .. the next runner up gets the seat if or anyone is to resign or be replaced

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
As was informed they can not request anyone they just want to take over the seat .. the next runner up gets the seat if or anyone is to resign or be replaced
I meant leave a request for the new Governor to keep the current trade deal, please don't fire the current staff, water my lilies etc. sorry for the confusion all :)

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A deal was reached with the Bardic Collegium this afternoon at the request of the People...
FC+1 has been reinstated for all citizens of Minoc!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
A deal was reached with the Bardic Collegium this afternoon at the request of the People...
FC+1 has been reinstated for all citizens of Minoc!
Oh my God you took off the +3 strength?
How DARE YOU!!!!
You've ruined my template!

(Just playin with ya)

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
you know, I was thinking when the whole FC/+3 Str thing went down that the trade deals are FAR from even close to being equal. If we look at each deal and judge them based off imbuing weight as well as equipability (aka what slots/items the buff can normally be on) the FC1 deal is essentially a no brainer. Check it out...

FC1: Imbuing weight: 140
5 SDI: Imbuing weight: 41
+1 each resist imbuing weight: 6 per resist: 30
3 Dex/Str/Int: Imbuing weight 41
2 HP/Mana Regen: Imbuing weight: 100
5 HCI: Imbuing weight 43
5 SSI: Imbuing weight 18
Bandie Bonus: NA

Being that HP and mana regen are on like everypiece of armor now days... and they max at 18/30. Being able to get 1/2 or 1/4 of you FC max thru the trade deal makes it far and away the best one. Also, even non mages can use the trade deal. I use the FC buff on my sampi just to speed up the bush/chiv spell casting. I'd love to have her up to 3 or 4, honestly, but a couple FC will do.

Happy days. Perhaps sometime the trade deals might even out some, but, hey, I've wandered off subject enough.
Happy days chessy

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This past week has sure been a strange one....
First there was the sudden and shocking resignation of Governor Cotton of Minoc.
A messenger sent for me telling me I needed to get to the town quickly, as I was to be sworn into office! So needless to say I dropped what I was doing and traveled there fast. Upon taking my oath of office, troubles soon arose. Going over the city's finances with the banker and trade official something did not seem right , or "balance". This struck me as add because the ledger shows us with well over 100 million gold in our account. The townsmen went on to tell me that the iron and steel production is way down for the month and many workers have walked off the job. Low morale for not being paid on time, long hours in the caves, no breaks, just one excuse after another. This cannot be? I thought. Minoc is known for its strength and honors their hard working people. What gives?

Our miners need to be appreciated again. Thank them for their hard work , a pat on the shoulder, and buy them a drink at the local tavern. My first act as governor was a controversial one. I signed a trade deal that would put the Miner's Cooperative first and foremost. My intentions were pure, and meant to highlight our history and strength as a people. However, there were many citizens who took me to task for changing away from the Bardic Collegium. Listening to their concerns, I understood their frustration, and a compromise was struck. The Bardic trade deal was reinstated with the understanding that our Miners, and Blacksmiths, and Tinkers, and Carpenters, and Lumberjacks, and Cooks, and ALL hard working people must be appreciated more. This starts at the top with me, I will promise you this, I will be more careful and listen to my people before enacting any new laws or trade deals in the city.
Besides, bards are good people too. Who doesn't enjoy listening to a fine tale now and again? Maybe it can help restore our morale...

So we must do more to re-energize our town. I plan to run my term as governor as the voice of the People, with an emphasis on what made our town great to begin with, Mining!

Then, there was the "fun" chore of cleaning out the old office. A great fog and stench emitted from the door when opened. Slamming it shut, I decided I would hire a cleaning crew to go in and do the heavy lifting for me. Bless them, I paid double what I hired them for after seeing the filth they drug out. After this, there was the discovery that several employees have not show up for work in over a week! Quickly I got out my feather pen and "fixed" several glitches in the town's payroll. One man was being paid to run several departments, yet he could not be found in any of the offices, no word on his whereabouts either. Another was caught stealing cuts of meat from the butcher shop. Claimed he was a meat inspector, sorry fellow, your gone! Another was caught sleeping on his shift while "guarding" the southern road. Gone. Fired. ByeBye.
My friends, we can do better, and together WE WILL do better than this.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any more wild and crazy... I uncovered a mysterious note in the governor's desk!

It reads: "Thank you for your generous offer to let me hide out in one of your many castles until the FALSE allegations of corruption about me pass over, but alas I cannot risk putting you in any danger of being exposed. Brilliant move by you and your partner to hide the rest of our "evidence" in the high mountains where no one treads. The timing of my resignation is most unfortunate, But our arrangement is far too important... And so are you. I will just lam it until the heat is off my back, but fear not my love, I will return for you. The soup you made me is delicious, by the way....
Love always,
Cotton Eye Joe"

upload_2016-8-20_21-27-29.png

Unbelievable!!

The corruption still continues! But who is he referring to in this note? I am not sure about this or why there are so many containers of Misa soup stored away in this office *shakes head*, but this must be brought to the attention of King Blackthorn and the other governor's at once! We must end corruption in Minoc and ALL of our great towns.

-Naitch
The People's Governor

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"How's Mom?" Elaine asked as she sat on the front steps of the Vesper Auction House and Tavern, a Vesper ale in one hand and a pile of city paperwork stacked in her lap.

Her younger sister, sitting beside her, sighed and shook her head ruefully. "She's getting worse, and the healers can't seem to figure it out or help at all. There's been no word from the King's healers either... I don't think they are coming."

Elaine slammed her ale down on the step. "Dammit! What is the hold up? Does the King not care that one of his governors may be dying--"

Her words were cut off when a man in ill-fitting formal clothing suddenly rounded the corner of the building and nearly stepped on Willow in his haste to reach the auction house door. He saw the two women a moment too late, and nearly lost his balance with his sudden stop.

"Are either of you Governor Ivy?" he asked hastily.

Elaine eyed him suspiciously. "I am acting in her stead for the moment. What can I do for you?"

"We need jobs!" another voice sounded from around the corner. Two other men shuffled into view, one sporting what appeared to be a flimsy imitation of a Minoc guard uniform and the other wearing a bloody apron. The one in the apron continued. "Damn new Minoc governor fired us! But there's always, you know, odd jobs in Vesper, if you know what I mean..."

"I don't," Elaine said flatly. She stared at the man until he flinched and turned away.

Willow raised an eyebrow at the man. "You might try Trinsic," she supplied, her voice carefully neutral.

"Trinsic!" shouted the not-guard. "That's an awfully long walk!"

"So it is," Elaine replied evenly.

The men shuffled and shifted nervously for a few moments. Finally Elaine lifted one arm and pointed down the southern road.

"Trinsic is that way," she said.

Looking frustrated and flustered, the men shuffled away down the road. Elaine and Willow watched them disappear in the distance, then exchanged a skeptical glance before looking back toward the neighboring city.

"What in the world is going on in Minoc?" Willow asked incredulously

Elaine shook her head. "I have absolutely no idea, but it sounds like they've got an even bigger mess on their hands than we do."

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nihilum orders another ale as she downs her second (fifth??) tankard.

She continues to stare at the transcript of the interview that she had with Governor Ivy... what was it? Two? Three weeks ago?

"How am I going to write this?" she asks herself. She shakes her head in frustration.

A commotion at the far end of The Barnacle draws her attention. A miner and an old dock worker are scuffling around obviously seriously upset with one another about something. A month ago, that might have been a story, but today it is just another fight. The longshoreman pulls out a small dagger as his expression changes to a strange smiling snear. He looks sinister.

The miner stops in her tracks. Nihilum notices that she is not covered in filth like miners usually are; she's clean. Well, that's a first... As the dock worker closes in on the miner she reaches into her satchel and pulls out of block of valorite. She wings the weighty metal at the man's dagger as he approaches and the dagger goes flying across the tavern. She then slams the ingot into the old man's head--he crumples to the floor. Then she turns and starts towards the door of the now unruly tavern.

"Sorry about the mess" she says as she passes by the tavernkeeper. She tosses the bar of valorite on the bar as payment and leaves the establishment.

Nihilum stares out the window and watches as the clean cut miner heads to the nearby provisioner. After a few minutes inside, the miner heads off the down the path to the south.

The demoralized reporter lowers her head and stares at the table as the waitress delivers her fresh brew. She takes a long pull and contemplates whether she will drink herself under the table again tonight. It has been a terrible last few weeks.

Terrible

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
After weeks of turmoil, Resiew-Dub (Treasurer of Minoc) and La Quintrala (Royal Guard of Minoc) sat together for a meeting to discuss the state of their town. Both members of Minoc’s cabinet were appointed by ex-governor Cotton-Eye-Joe and have yet to be relieved from their posts by the newly appointed governor. This is a report of the meeting.

Resiew-Dub: Thanks for meeting me La Quintala. Everything’s been a mess. We need to figure out how to fix what’s going on. What is the status of our guards?

La Quintrala: Glad that we could find time to sit down Resiew. OK, so here’s the deal… the guards aren’t getting paid. I don’t know what the holdup is, but without compensation for their work, it is neigh on impossible to keep them focused on their duties. Most of them are still working their shifts, but morale is at an all time low and I am not sure how much longer I can keep motivating them to do their jobs…er, um, volunteer jobs now, I guess.

Resiew-Dub: Hmmmm. That’s interesting. The gold for the guards’ pay was taken from the treasury on time and as usual. It is disturbing that it has not been distributed properly.

La Quintrala: And also… just the other day the new governor fired a guard on the spot when he found him not performing his duties to standard. The guard tried to ask the governor about the pay issue, but the governor would hear nothing of it. He sent the guard on without even asking for an explanation or any thought of mitigating circumstances. Also, the governor failed to inform me of the firing of one of my guards. I heard the news from the guard himself. I do not know the true details of the situation due to the fact that the governor has not spoken to me about the event. However, without pay, I foresee more guards being summarily fired by the governor.

Resiew-Dub: I see. Since Governor Cotton resigned, I have also received no guidance from our leader. He must be extremely busy with the sudden assumption of power. Let’s give him some time to adjust to the new situations here in Minoc.

La Quintrala: Pardon me, but the new governor has publicly shown his complete distain for ex-governor Cotton. He has promoted and publicized every rumor and innuendo of negatively directed against Cotton. I understand the poltitics of it, but the citizens who voted Cotton into office are now finding their new governor blasting the old using contrived and manipulated evidence. This is devastating to the good citizens of our town who, if the current governor’s words were completely true, would be complicit in dastardly deeds of deceit and wrong. He may despise Cotton, but his politicking is tearing our citizens apart.

Resiew-Dub: Give it time. Rally the citizens around our governor. This is not of time for stife and infighting. Hopefully the new governor will not resent his own town for voting him out of office after his first term. Hopefully, he will come to realize that his power base comes from the people. Hopefully his politicking will end and positive leadership will begin. Have faith La Quintrala. Have faith.

La Quintrala: Yes my Lord.

Resiew-Dub: Let us get back to work. Minoc’s economy is in the dumps because of lack of trade due to this ridiculous “white substance” scandle. Do you realize that before the incident, we averaged five large trade deals per day? Now we are down to less than 1. We have only had 5 or 6 trades completed since this incident and none since Governor Naitch took office. Everything is a mess. We must fix it.

La Quintrala: Yes my Lord. I agree. I will tell the guards that you will find their missing money. I will also have them assure the workers that under Governor Naitch, the white substance ridiculusness should be over. Please, would you talk to the governor and see he can lead us forward with positive leadership? Our citizens desperately need it.

Resiew-Dub: Aye. Will do. Good day ma’am.

La Quintrala: Good day my Lord. See you at the Palace tonight.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This past week has sure been a strange one....

-Naitch
The People's Governor

The accusations by Governor Naitch are complete astounding and unjust. I cannot believe I'm sitting here reading such lies, slander, and hate from a public figure in our society.
The city of Minoc was running as well as any other city, besides the base-less accusations made from the Jehlom association (UHOH). You claim the 'balances' weren't in order. That is absurd! Proven, by your own accounting in the trade deals under my administration we ran the 2nd most trade deals. My administration held weekly celebrations where mining wasn't allowed, only ale and endless fresh baked goods. To celebrate the hard work we were doing in Minoc. Cities and guilds from across the lands were asking for Minoc wares. Then, as I mentioned before the Jhelom administration association groups started its campaign of hate, and unjust lies of drugs. They spread this vile all over the globe, and continue to pin it on me. Sadly, many citizens around this world, Minoc included, were hooked on this drug that made them dig at record pace. They were working longer hours, and tripling their normal output. This wasn't by rule or law, but by choice and addiction. We opened up drug counseling center down in the Gypsy camp, as they had many tricks of the trade to help get people off this harsh substance. It was working.

If it wasn't for the mandate on Governors to be able to attend every meeting, I'd still be holding the office that you are tarnishing oh so well. Since I was unable to attend meetings on Sundays, because of prior engagements, I was asked by the King himself, to pass the office to someone who could attend meetings. Do not blame your failed trade deals, your failed management, and your failed leadership abilities on me, or the previous administration. You were handed a city, that was ranked the 2nd best in all of Sosaria.

I'm left with three conclusions from reading your slander: 1) you are part of the Jhelom Assosciation and spreading lies and drugs through out Sosaria. 2) So bitter about your defeat in the general election you'll stop no where to slander and accuse others for your failures. 3) Such an uneducated, untrained, failed leader that you believe the nonsense you read and take it as fact -- scared I'll return to run for office one day and dethrone you, yet again.

~CottonEyeJoe
The Chosen Governor of Minoc

ps: The fact you call yourself the people's governor is also a joke. You lost the election, your first act as Governor, caused hundreds of citizens to flee, as you setup another failed deal. Your a place holder for a real governor to take over again.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cotton is the true ruler of Minoc and always will be!

The peoples champ!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Show me ONE lasting contribution he made....
I was the most active RP governor. I got stone walled by other governors, and the RP community. Because the RP community was mad PvPers came into 'their' world. I had multiple story lines typed up and planned out. But kept getting delayed, and delayed, and now I work Sundays. So... life happened.

Can you give me one last contribution anyone has made? lol

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was the most active RP governor. I got stone walled by other governors, and the RP community. Because the RP community was mad PvPers came into 'their' world. I had multiple story lines typed up and planned out. But kept getting delayed, and delayed, and now I work Sundays. So... life happened.

Hi, I'm Victor II on Chesapeake let me list you some lasting contributions that are still available to be seen and actively pursued on Chesapeake for the RP community that I implemented and or started.
  1. Crafting Decorations in Minoc
  2. Minoc Governor's Office
  3. Pizza Statue in Minoc
  4. The drunken rooftop town crier
  5. Valentine's Day romantic picnic spot (But I think those decorations may have decayed, find out in February!)
  6. THE MINOC DOCKS
  7. The Commemorative statue naming the docks (Thanks to Naitch for the help on getting that finalized)
  8. The discovery of a new species of monster, R'vexali Ravager of Beaches
  9. The Bounty on the Void Pool
  10. The Vesper/Minoc Auction although Ivy tends to overshadow me on that and that's OK :p

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

*sigh*

Uh... what do you think the Vesper Auction is? I started it in large part as an enhancement to the city of Vesper after I won the governorship the first term. We ran event chains for both the Vesper stables and the Minoc docks. The Vesper and Skara beautifications. Long-standing storylines. There have been a lot of lasting and ongoing contributions.

I don't even know what you mean by delayed. No one has the power to stop or delay you from progressing stories and events except you. Sometimes it can be challenging to squeeze in a good schedule time, but there's been a lot of availability lately.

And that is partly, and unfortunately, because you just came in at a bad time--we lost Ozog, who was integral to the heart and soul of the RP community. His absence has left a gaping hole in the shard, and many of us are still struggling to regain our "footing" on Chesapeake without him. At least one has left the game entirely. EM Dramnar, an excellent RP EM, got yanked out from under us for the SECOND time, which was a bit of a sucker punch since we'd just gotten him back. Phoenix has been busy. Tehan has been busy. I've been busy. Victor and Ashlynn have been elsewhere. Murdock has been ill. And so on. Not to mention it's summer, and UO activity dies down a bit as people take vacations and go... outside. (Whatever that is... sounds awful!)

The meeting times aren't set in stone. Again, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but you didn't give it enough of a chance. I for one was interested to see what you had in store. You can still participate and contribute without being a governor, too.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say at LEAST triple the posts concerning politics/RP on the forums and significantly more participation at meetings/events in game.

Cotton attempted to roll this one out as well. Not at all. Ive PERSONALLY done several RPs on chesapeake, but generally under aliases and hidden names bc people tend to dislike well known pvpers. Hell ive done a whole story arc with 4 of my old guildies. No one was the wiser.

It is hard to get pvmers and pvpers together in a FELUCCA atmosphere. Cotton did not do that. Nor did he get me involved in RP. Ive grown bored with destroying his guild in Felucca (with the help of mine of course, I don't hog the glory), and saw our once great server was struggling in their native mainstream, Roleplaying. This promoted me to do a little homework, attend a few player events, and make judgements as they become Crystal clear.

Unlike cotton, I am not a born again trammy. I don't indulge in trammy events all the time while bypassing PvP endeavors. Cotton has done that. Since his P@IN days, he chooses a zerg over skill. It seems to be a common theme in Felucca these days, across all servers. I'm not sure if its because of lack of skill, lack of confidence, or the ability to puff ones chest bc they are better then newer players, but... I know he was quick to rip these same guild mates he asked to join him and zerg with.

Not sure if anyone reading this is a pvper or was one in the past, but thats a no no. A quick spout at someone for screwing up, if you are a GM or council member, that is okay IN PRIVATE. But to publicly rip the guild in a PvP thread where It is fodder for smack talk... Ouch. That explains why he has migrated to the trammy side of things.

Again, I have trammy friends. I do trammy things. I am not smack talking trammys. I am saying, you can't flip flop. You can't blame someone for being new then cruxify them for trying or being confused when you don't bother to teach them.

As an enemy guild, a few of us sat in Yew and helped them (TOKe) out. With crosshealing, template ideas, suit advice
.. Etc. Where was cotton? Who knows. Were we obligated? No. But we want better PvP in general.

So same with me and RP, if I feel like I can increase interest in PVP and RP at the same time... Great! Hopefully we can show people we aren't bad people. Sure we raid you. Sure we kill you and take your spawns. Sure we talk smack to other pvp guilds (who are terrible at counting and usually crying about stuff), but that doesn't make us bad.

Ever PvP? Ever want to consider it without zerging? Hit Me up. In my free time I help people all the time.

But basically, don't credit someone on some nonsense. If he is getting credit for MY ROLEPLAYING, I will stop right now. Just saying.

.02 cents. :)

Last edited:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And I was more active in RP and PVP than you... And play 3-4 days a week tops. Do you want props? Lets not flex our muscles about contributions sir. Your treasurer (and reporter and... Etc everything NoGo rps as) rps more than you do. So again. Not impressive.

And actually, a lot of trammys/pvmers have talked to me in game and through PMs since I started RPing since I came back. So idk How you can say they dont like pvpers invading their world.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The meeting times aren't set in stone. Again, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but you didn't give it enough of a chance. I for one was interested to see what you had in store. You can still participate and contribute without being a governor, too.

This is what I do. If people want to read or be apart of what I'm building, go for it. If not, just enjoy it. If you hate it, sorry. I am a blunt person and don't really care lol. I'm not hurting a soul, and people seem to be enjoying it.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I haven't really been in game since Ozog left us but I have been watching. To be honest I thought it was cool watching PvP'ers get into the RP on Chessy and I enjoyed what Cotton was doing. Lets not turn this into any group vs group, there is enough of that on U-Hall. We should work together and get things going. Cotton, as I said before, you just came in at a really bad time. Give it another couple of months and try again when more people are back. I liked what you were doing. We have a unique shard and it would be awesome to have everyone working together to promote things here, PvP and RP.

Lox did you play LA back around 2005-2007 by chance?

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what I do. If people want to read or be apart of what I'm building, go for it. If not, just enjoy it. If you hate it, sorry. I am a blunt person and don't really care lol. I'm not hurting a soul, and people seem to be enjoying it.
Youre hurting my feelings...

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Cotton attempted to roll this one out as well. Not at all. Ive PERSONALLY done several RPs on chesapeake, but generally under aliases and hidden names bc people tend to dislike well known pvpers. Hell ive done a whole story arc with 4 of my old guildies. No one was the wiser.

It is hard to get pvmers and pvpers together in a FELUCCA atmosphere. Cotton did not do that. Nor did he get me involved in RP. Ive grown bored with destroying his guild in Felucca (with the help of mine of course, I don't hog the glory), and saw our once great server was struggling in their native mainstream, Roleplaying. This promoted me to do a little homework, attend a few player events, and make judgements as they become Crystal clear.

Unlike cotton, I am not a born again trammy. I don't indulge in trammy events all the time while bypassing PvP endeavors. Cotton has done that. Since his P@IN days, he chooses a zerg over skill. It seems to be a common theme in Felucca these days, across all servers. I'm not sure if its because of lack of skill, lack of confidence, or the ability to puff ones chest bc they are better then newer players, but... I know he was quick to rip these same guild mates he asked to join him and zerg with.

Not sure if anyone reading this is a pvper or was one in the past, but thats a no no. A quick spout at someone for screwing up, if you are a GM or council member, that is okay IN PRIVATE. But to publicly rip the guild in a PvP thread where It is fodder for smack talk... Ouch. That explains why he has migrated to the trammy side of things.

Again, I have trammy friends. I do trammy things. I am not smack talking trammys. I am saying, you can't flip flop. You can't blame someone for being new then cruxify them for trying or being confused when you don't bother to teach them.

As an enemy guild, a few of us sat in Yew and helped them (TOKe) out. With crosshealing, template ideas, suit advice
.. Etc. Where was cotton? Who knows. Were we obligated? No. But we want better PvP in general.

So same with me and RP, if I feel like I can increase interest in PVP and RP at the same time... Great! Hopefully we can show people we aren't bad people. Sure we raid you. Sure we kill you and take your spawns. Sure we talk smack to other pvp guilds (who are terrible at counting and usually crying about stuff), but that doesn't make us bad.

Ever PvP? Ever want to consider it without zerging? Hit Me up. In my free time I help people all the time.

But basically, don't credit someone on some nonsense. If he is getting credit for MY ROLEPLAYING, I will stop right now. Just saying.

.02 cents. :)
What in the ducks is this wall of text? Where did I say I get credit for EVERY PvPer involved? I said I got the overall PvP community involved in the RP -- which is true. The meetings prior there was no TOKE, there was no UHOH, there was no PITS going to events or meetings (unless it was a fighting event where a drop could happen).

I've bashed the people I asked to bring into Toke? Names please. I brought 5 people into Toke: 1) Amitlu 2) Claire 3) Stormy 4) Marv 5) Nogo. All of which are good friends and I have not and will not say one bad word about. Although I do RP hate on Amitlu, hes a big boy and he can handle it.

Amitlu knows, as much as I do, there is no hope teaching the bads how to pvp. We tried. For ages. They didn't want to listen. I'm glad one day, they decided to listen and you were there to hold their hand.

You talk mad ****, for someone who wanted, and has asked me to be in your guild multiple times.

I like good PvP. Not chase a ****ing guy around for 2 hours PvP. I don't like to use more than what is needed. In TOKE we had to use more -- skill levels and templates were too bad to compete evenly. Unless it was the people you took + me, vs the original UHOH members. But this thread is pointless anyway.

If and when I ever come back, I'll just go w/ Nogo and kill all of you, like I have been for years.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I haven't really been in game since Ozog left us but I have been watching. To be honest I thought it was cool watching PvP'ers get into the RP on Chessy and I enjoyed what Cotton was doing. Lets not turn this into any group vs group, there is enough of that on U-Hall. We should work together and get things going. Cotton, as I said before, you just came in at a really bad time. Give it another couple of months and try again when more people are back. I liked what you were doing. We have a unique shard and it would be awesome to have everyone working together to promote things here, PvP and RP.

Thanks for the kind words Lestat. Well, it was a bad time both ingame and RL. Business got booming, and well I like money more than I like UO RP. And since I couldn't be around on Sundays, I had to step down. So no way I'll be able to run for Gov agian, cause I still won't be able to attend meetings on Sundays. And since that date can't be moved, its strictly for retired people, or M-Fers. Which is fine, just doesn't work for me.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I played a lot of shards with a lot of different people. I used to have a character (Still do actually lol) named LoxdownAndShifty on LA. And my bro used to play on my acct as well on LA. So its possible it was him, but I def do not remember the years he played or I played over there. Was def before Samurai Empire though. It was around the time the VAMP guild was big if that helps.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What in the ducks is this wall of text? Where did I say I get credit for EVERY PvPer involved? I said I got the overall PvP community involved in the RP -- which is true. The meetings prior there was no TOKE, there was no UHOH, there was no PITS going to events or meetings (unless it was a fighting event where a drop could happen).

I've bashed the people I asked to bring into Toke? Names please. I brought 5 people into Toke: 1) Amitlu 2) Claire 3) Stormy 4) Marv 5) Nogo. All of which are good friends and I have not and will not say one bad word about. Although I do RP hate on Amitlu, hes a big boy and he can handle it.

Amitlu knows, as much as I do, there is no hope teaching the bads how to pvp. We tried. For ages. They didn't want to listen. I'm glad one day, they decided to listen and you were there to hold their hand.

You talk mad ****, for someone who wanted, and has asked me to be in your guild multiple times.

I like good PvP. Not chase a ****ing guy around for 2 hours PvP. I don't like to use more than what is needed. In TOKE we had to use more -- skill levels and templates were too bad to compete evenly. Unless it was the people you took + me, vs the original UHOH members. But this thread is pointless anyway.

If and when I ever come back, I'll just go w/ Nogo and kill all of you, like I have been for years.

Whoaaaaaaa. Don't get it twisted at all. Cotton, for the record, I have -NEVER- asked you to join my guild. You may get it twisted and say Broli wanted you to, or Necro, or Deacon, etc... but never me. You can ask anyone. We (As a council, as we always have) vote on people to come in. I have "NO" voted you every time. Your want for zerg or "multiple players" doesn't fly well with me. Again, not sure if you like the meatshields or just generally having more bodies, but that isn't my style. Never was. This is why we split off from PWNi and formed RoT. Too many scrubs were getting in because they were BFFs with a friend who is a friend who was related to a guild member...

And you will kill us like you have for years? Seriously? I stand by what I said. When we 'left' UO the first time, we came back and you guys zerged it up hard while we were gone. Orion, yourself, etc... (Can not for the life of me think of player's names at the moment, may edit this and add more) just went on a zerg spree adding everyone. We came back, assumed control of the guild, and kicked people. A lot of people got butthurt.... then formed P@IN, full of all the zerg trash we kicked out. We left again, after there was no PVP again, and back to what we are now.... you claiming TOKe owned the server and wanted us back to PVP.... and we see how that is turning out. There is PVP and you aren't running the server lol.

This def needs to be in the PVP thread, bc this thread area is too PG for this.... But let's not cast stones without backing it up. You might be able to fabricate some history for people who don't know better, but when it comes to history MY GUILD OR I AM INVOLVED IN, I won't let that fly kid sir.