• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

botters vs. atm's

P

Paula777

hehe yea that was me, cute stuff you got and ryder's store is off the table, too bad...

and yes smokin also .. well im just a car ride away from the netherlands..

from all ur post i assume ur not a pot smoker lol, might calm you down

G

<blockquote><hr>

im one of those people lol. I actually saw blunt wrappers sold and marketed as blunt wrappers, what else are they for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't come from the US so I have no idea what a blunt wrapper is.
But I assure you that atleast 9 out of 10 people that buy rollies are buying them to smoke tobacco.. My point being, some people are always ready to presume the wurst.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

im one of those people lol. I actually saw blunt wrappers sold and marketed as blunt wrappers, what else are they for.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I assure you that atleast 9 out of 10 people that buy rollies are buying them to smoke tobacco.. My point being, some people are always ready to presume the wurst.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 out of 10 heck you are mighty forgiving, i'd say the exact opposite. Who these days rolls their own *tobacco* cigarettes? yeah right! I'm willing to bet that its 1 out of that 10 lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

9 out of 10 heck you are mighty forgiving, i'd say the exact opposite. Who these days rolls their own *tobacco* cigarettes? yeah right! I'm willing to bet that its 1 out of that 10 lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe I used a bad example for over there, over here it's about a quarter the price to smoke rollies as it is to smoke tailor mades. So many of the smokers here do roll their own, it might be different there.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The 'taboo' as far as I am concerned comes in when that player decides to lock themselves in their own lot and do that rather than going to a open-to-the-public money house.

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony in that is...as long as I'm not using 3rd party software to run my sims....it's really no one's business what I'm doing in my locked house.

I do not in any way support the making of unfounded, unsupported accusations in public concerning what other players may or may not be doing in the privacy of their own lots without irrevocable proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

ewww rofl! Sounds like the sim version of squat living lol...

Remember: Locked doors doesn't necessarily mean someone is botting. I have 4 accounts that I use to pizza, and usually play in my locked private house. I pizza alone whilst rocking out to my iPod lol.., so I lock the house because I don't want any distractions or to partake in conversation while I'm doing it. I'm one of those creepy loner players who prefers playing solo alot of the time lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for saying that.

I wished others would try to undestand that just because a house is locked doesnt mean they are up to no good. Some people just enjoy playing alone occasionally. There are a lot of times I lock my house and just me and my sister are there playing, earning money and chatting that doesnt mean Im botting or up to evil things. Not everyone feels like being a social butterfly 24/7. LOL

I

imported_sedusa

<blockquote><hr>

posted in thread .. think it's worth it's own

what's the difference between mass simolans botters and atm users?

botting unfair .. rockstar kids with large credit card limits, less than 500 bucks is pocket money, just as unfair.. ?

(i'm not any of em... second i wish) but trying to control economy by stopping mass simolean printing by botting and then putting out atms at the same time? .. well, just don't fit... at least if you try to make it a whole economy thing.

they could easily adjust economy round botters as atm users.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not against the ATMs, and have used them myself. I'm not even close to a rock star kid, or anyone who might have those kinds of funds readily available, but what I do with the funds I have is my business. I say that because some think it ridiculous to spend real life money on a virtual game, and in essence it does sound silly to some degree. I would rather spend what extra funds I have on something like this game, then go to a bar, or gamble it playing bingo which is about all there is to do in my town. I have never botted and I feel those programs that allow that type of thing cut into the game owner's profits. I see it no differently than someone who steals from a store with the thought that the store can afford to lose the money; this in turn causes items in that store to increase in cost. Botters to me are very different from the ATM users as they are putting back into the game funds which will be used to keep the game going, etc. Botters are not.

Furthermore, I work in a field where numerous persons roll their own cigarettes and I have done this myself at different times in my life depending on my financial situation. Plus I have seen an increase in people who roll their own cigarettes as the cost of pre-rolled is very high.

***These are my opinoins and nothing more.***

G

<blockquote><hr>

Furthermore, I work in a field where numerous persons roll their own cigarettes and I have done this myself at different times in my life depending on my financial situation. Plus I have seen an increase in people who roll their own cigarettes as the cost of pre-rolled is very high.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't smoke, but my wife does.
According to the owner of the store where she buys her smokes, bulk tobacco is about half the cost of retail brands and makes up about 40% of his tobacco sales.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

posted in thread .. think it's worth it's own

what's the difference between mass simolans botters and atm users?

botting unfair .. rockstar kids with large credit card limits, less than 500 bucks is pocket money, just as unfair.. ?

(i'm not any of em... second i wish) but trying to control economy by stopping mass simolean printing by botting and then putting out atms at the same time? .. well, just don't fit... at least if you try to make it a whole economy thing.

they could easily adjust economy round botters as atm users.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not against the ATMs, and have used them myself. I'm not even close to a rock star kid, or anyone who might have those kinds of funds readily available, but what I do with the funds I have is my business. I say that because some think it ridiculous to spend real life money on a virtual game, and in essence it does sound silly to some degree. I would rather spend what extra funds I have on something like this game, then go to a bar, or gamble it playing bingo which is about all there is to do in my town. I have never botted and I feel those programs that allow that type of thing cut into the game owner's profits. I see it no differently than someone who steals from a store with the thought that the store can afford to lose the money; this in turn causes items in that store to increase in cost. Botters to me are very different from the ATM users as they are putting back into the game funds which will be used to keep the game going, etc. Botters are not.

***These are my opinoins and nothing more.***

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and think of it this way.

If you go out to dinner and a move and spend say $25 on up or if u go to a bar and spend $ what do u have afterwards? nothing really. At least in tso that same mo ney will either last longer or buy you items that you'll use over and over again.

I laugh because i have friends who wont buy virtual money but that will piss away $100s in a weekend boozing it up, doh!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't smoke, but my wife does.
According to the owner of the store where she buys her smokes, bulk tobacco is about half the cost of retail brands and makes up about 40% of his tobacco sales.

[/ QUOTE ]The rising cost of cigarettes in California (with talk of prices jumping to $8/pack) finally prompted me to quit a few months ago.

I now spend the money on DVDs, better food, and my one and only TSO subscription.

<blockquote><hr>

I laugh because i have friends who wont buy virtual money but that will piss away $100s in a weekend boozing it up, doh!

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course, there is a lot to be said for getting up and getting away from the computer once in a while...