• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

botters vs. atm's

L

Lucky Lisa

posted in thread .. think it's worth it's own

what's the difference between mass simolans botters and atm users?

botting unfair .. rockstar kids with large credit card limits, less than 500 bucks is pocket money, just as unfair.. ?

(i'm not any of em... second i wish) but trying to control economy by stopping mass simolean printing by botting and then putting out atms at the same time? .. well, just don't fit... at least if you try to make it a whole economy thing.

they could easily adjust economy round botters as atm users.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

My understanding is that the ATMs do not print or make simoleans. Simoleans that are drained from the economy are put into the ATM Pool untill someone makes a withdrawal.

Botters produce and make simoleans and rarely use any of the drain mechanisms in game.

N

NightFlyer

Doing thousands and thousands and thousands of pizza, jam, what ever doesn't drain the pools?

M

maximumNugget

then there is also, the fact that The DEV's are working on CASH OUT this means that you take Simlions and put them back on your Credit card.

thx max

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

then there is also, the fact that The DEV's are working on CASH OUT this means that you take Simlions and put them back on your Credit card.

thx max

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll increase payouts, or even eliminate ATMs and Cash-in before they'd ever introduce Cash-out. Keep dreamin', hun lol...

G

*just hitting reply* ok i have tried to keep up and comprehend all the ideas tossed out about what the devs have in mind and from my understanding,,

the ATMs will have like a sort of allowance {for lack of better word} on them,,the devs will start the day {RL day} by looking at the economy and then looking at the rate on the chart they have {whether its on real paper or in their heads} and say,,hmm not enough simoleans have been sold BACK to us so TODAY we are only going to sell this amount in the ATMs $$XXXXX and it will sorta be a first come first sell to the buyers for that day,then the ATMs will go down for that day,,{life isnt fair why should sims be},the money in the economy will be a sort or steady stream,,,if alot of players buy up the available simoleans from the ATMs for the day then payouts on objects will decrease for players,, to keep too many simoleans from being generated,,,sorta like those scales of justice,,they will try to keep incoming and outgoing to the about same amount,,,,,

it is late for me and i apologize if this doesnt make sense but it did in my head and when i reread it,,lol,,,so ATMs can not be compared to bots

G

i really don't think this economy is fully in place at this very time because the group job objects were to be tied into that and when sims purchased certain things like property, building monies and furnishing etc when those things took place they were to go into various pools and job objects were to pay better i thought? none of that is setup and working and i think right now that there really is no cap on the economy, but hey who am i right? IMO the ATN's currently can be used until the cows come home and beyond..

Do you really think EA is going to put a limit on how many simoleans they can sell?

Come on folks wake up &amp; smell the coffee this is a business and the purpose of business is profit. Who on earth would they limit or stop their profit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

thx max

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll increase payouts, or even eliminate ATMs and Cash-in before they'd ever introduce Cash-out. Keep dreamin', hun lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not dreaming, that's just not being cynical *rare trait around here, I know, so hard to recognize
* and believing that just because something isn't happening as fast as they said it will doesn't mean it won't happen at all.

I believe they will eventually add cash-out to EA Land, but with them trying to get 'back in the black' so badly right now it doesn't make sense for them to do it now before the deadline.....think like a businessman, not just like a consumer. If you want to know who to blame that they have not introduced cash-out, look at all the people who've cancelled accounts for one reason or another and put things further away from the goal instead of closer to it.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Ok, I think that some of the newer folks may be giving too much credit to the botters for the overblown economy of this past year.

First off let's remember what actually blew the economy out of wack.....that was the 'glitch'. It was sometime around January 2007, when suddenly particular sims seemed to have 'endless' amounts of money and were able to pay and did pay 'any amount' of money you wanted for your items.

And since suddenly everyone had tons of money...prices went out the roof. Payouts on jams went from 2 or 5K to 100k to 1 mill per case. Trees sales went from 15 mill to 250 mil. Rare pets went from 7 mil to 250 mil.

And the thing is, I seriously doubt if the people that 'flooded' the game with gazillions of simoleans probably were botters at all. Botters wouldn't have just 'given' money away and for a long time many of the botters just quit because there really wasn't a market for simoleans.

So now everything is back to normal but with much less money in the economy and so simolean sellers are coming back.

Now is EA supposed to just let all that extra money go into private individuals' pockets again. Selling simoleans has been a very lucrative business for private people. So now EA has decided to counter the private dealers and offer a secure transaction for buying simoleans and thus bring more of a profit into EA on behalf of TSO.

The little bit of money people are buying is just a drop in the bucket and is probably gone within days...but you can bet the bank that EA is probably closely monitoring the economy to ensure that 'too many' simoleans aren't rushed into the system.

So the next time folks start worrying about the economy going to hades in a handbasket....remember that the broken economy of recent has absolutely nothing to do with botters.

Many of the old timers that were around over the past years need to get real and tell the true story so that younger players that haven't been here understand what actually DID happen.

My one and only problem with botters or private TSO virtual good sales is that none of that money goes into TSO's bottom line. I read an article that talked about how one seller made up to $170k in one year selling TSO virtual items. Just think what $170K in TSO's bank account would do for our game? It would give our Dev's a lot more leverage and a lot more budget money to take our game to places we could only dream of.

So next time you gripe about EA taking money for selling Simoleans...think of it as a little deposit towards a financially stable future for TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And since suddenly everyone had tons of money...prices went out the roof. Payouts on jams went from 2 or 5K to 100k to 1 mill per case. Trees sales went from 15 mill to 250 mil. Rare pets went from 7 mil to 250 mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you say that like 2k-5k per jam case or 15 Mill for a mystic is OK.....in a fair economy it isn't. And that was the bots that caused that, even before the glitch came about.....the glitch blew things completely out of the water, but the bot problem had already existed, and had been being ignored by EA for years. It's possible that if the first person to use the glitch was doing both, and had ben busted doing the former and been dealt with, that the glitch wouldn't have started at that time, or maybe even at all.

So yeah, there are two problems that we're dealing with, but the beginning of the messed up system was botting and the inflated prices that caused. Those inflated prices led others who did not have the money, or did not wish to invest in the botting programs to find another method of gaining the money illicitly. And I go back to what I said before....anybody of us that took a payout in one of those houses offering payouts, whether they were 2k, 5k, or 100k, had a hand in the problem because I don't think there's anybody among us that thinks its really possible to make that much money as a house owner to give out without the use of an exploit or a third party program to do it....at least not if you've been around long enough to know what pays what and do a little math to find out how long average it would take to make x amount of dollars.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

THE GLITCH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BOTS!!!!

I do believe that there needs to be active pursuit of dealing with 3rd party software. However, I just find it ironic that people that have been in this game for awhile can't see the big picture.

Whether botters were stopped or not it wouldn't have stopped the glitch from being discovered and exploited.

I'm sorry but I have to point a finger at Stratics....for so long we were not allowed to speak of anything to do with selling TSO items. So everyone here had the impression that it was 'against the rules' to sell TSO items. NOW we know different don't we...it's not been against the rules at all. It was just against the rules to talk about it here.

Botters got a bad name because we all had the impression that they were doing something against the rules.

The only thing against the rules is using 3rd party software. As we know, there is 3rd party software that does just about anything for you. THAT"S what needs to be corrected. EA needs to find a system that can detect 3rd party software and eradicate it from the game along with the people using it.

And no, pre-exploit I don't think the economy was all that bad really. Items were not 'out of reach' for regular players....we just had to save a little money a little longer is all. The economy was actually pretty accurate. The rare items cost more for a reason....they are rare?

But the big picture truly is the botters and their money is just a 'drop' in the bucket and it's truly NOT the end of the world if they sell their simoleans or if players buy them from EA. And I seriously seriously doubt that it's going to 'ruin' the economy.

It's time to stop panicking the new people.

***Could I add also that it's time to stop bashing botters soley to bash them? It's the people that create, distribute and use 3rd party software that EA needs to go after...that includes pet finders, sim babysitters, pizza/money object running programs.

G

*just hitting reply* yes and IF EA did do a better search of 3rd party programs i know a handful of people that would be up in arms as they get banned for using that baby-sitting program,,,lol,,and lets not forget those clothing patches,folks,,but back to the topic,,if folks did NOT accept payouts or buy simoleans outside of EA,,then the botters would have no reason to exist,,there will always be someone looking to make a dollar on what someone else thinks they NEED,,, take your business outside of EA then you are encouraging bot use,keep your business inside of EA and use the ATMs and encourage our devs to work harder on our WANTS

G

I will wait for the official word from the devs. As of now, I have not seen anything saying they have changed the plans for this.

ETA:
I know before the exploit or at the begining of it. Not really sure when it started. I know there were a ton of botters. I found myself teaching this one lady that was telling all about her accts and what she made. She had nine computers. I know others that had 3 and 4. Prices were getting out of hand. I started selling my mystics for 2 mil. I was called all kinds of names for that. Gnomes were selling at 1 mil, cannons 30k, simmys 1.7 mil just to get a hint of the prices and trees were at 1- 1.5mil. Anyway I decided to take a break from TSO. I think I was gone 2 mos maybe? When I came back Trees were like 150 mil. I had 24 mil on me and about 25 trees. I opened a store and decided to sell fruit, fruit at that time was only 15k. I didn't want any part of buying and selling anymore. Was that the exploit or bots? When exactly did the exploit start?

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I think that some of the newer folks may be giving too much credit to the botters for the overblown economy of this past year.

First off let's remember what actually blew the economy out of wack.....that was the 'glitch'. It was sometime around January 2007, when suddenly particular sims seemed to have 'endless' amounts of money and were able to pay and did pay 'any amount' of money you wanted for your items.

And the thing is, I seriously doubt if the people that 'flooded' the game with gazillions of simoleans probably were botters at all. Botters wouldn't have just 'given' money away and for a long time many of the botters just quit because there really wasn't a market for simoleans.

So now everything is back to normal but with much less money in the economy and so simolean sellers are coming back.

Now is EA supposed to just let all that extra money go into private individuals' pockets again. Selling simoleans has been a very lucrative business for private people. So now EA has decided to counter the private dealers and offer a secure transaction for buying simoleans and thus bring more of a profit into EA on behalf of TSO.

The little bit of money people are buying is just a drop in the bucket and is probably gone within days...but you can bet the bank that EA is probably closely monitoring the economy to ensure that 'too many' simoleans aren't rushed into the system.

So the next time folks start worrying about the economy going to hades in a handbasket....remember that the broken economy of recent has absolutely nothing to do with botters.

Many of the old timers that were around over the past years need to get real and tell the true story so that younger players that haven't been here understand what actually DID happen.

My one and only problem with botters or private TSO virtual good sales is that none of that money goes into TSO's bottom line. I read an article that talked about how one seller made up to $170k in one year selling TSO virtual items. Just think what $170K in TSO's bank account would do for our game? It would give our Dev's a lot more leverage and a lot more budget money to take our game to places we could only dream of.

So next time you gripe about EA taking money for selling Simoleans...think of it as a little deposit towards a financially stable future for TSO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on, Dutch! Hades in a handbasket - good one ROFL!!!!

And CB, what exactly is a 'fair economy'? So poor sims can afford the same life as rich sims? If store owners price items ridiculously high, then they'll be very lonely store owners because no one will visit and buy from them lol... Items are priced relative to the economic state of that time. 15 mil for a mystic was expensive even before the glitch from Hell sure, but relative to the economic state of a developed 5 year old game...

And are you sure that it was bots that caused the glitch? I assumed that players simply had found a bug that was overlooked, and went wild.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Comparing prices of TSO' items' and how much is earned in game doing simple tasks to other online games and their 'rare' items prices and methods of making money....the 'pre-exploit' prices were actually pretty average.

This past year of the 'frenzied free-money' glut has in many ways spoiled players.

Now the money is all gone....there's no more extravagant payouts....it's gone.

So if a player finds a deal and needs a few bucks....there's no where to turn to make it fast. With Custom Content the need to buy it before it's gone is probably a huge motivating factor in players buying simoleans also.

I really think that most of the money purchased through the ATM machines over the next 6 months to a year will probably be spent fairly quickly.

Hopefully the population will go up too and with that the economy is going to grow, so I hope folks aren't expecting the economy to not fluxuate because they are going to be very disappointed I'm afraid.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I have a different perspective of the past. The botters did over produce simoleans in the game. Meaning they made money faster than it could be drained out of the economy. By the end of 2003, we already had exependable money in game because the concept of "bonus payouts" began to pop up in money houses all over town. Sims that already had everything they could buy began giving money away in droves. The competition for top 100 list encouraged players to buy simoleans just for the sole purpose of giving it away.

Inflation began as early as 2003. The onset of the Mystic Tree phenomenon in 2004 even furthered society's want for more simoleans faster than they could make them playing the game. Botters produced and sold simoleans even faster over the next two years.

Yes, the tragic exploit that hit the cities at the end of 2005/beginning of 2006 expedited the inflation. However, I have no doubts without controls on the bots and new drains introduced to the game we would have still met our demise with the old economic structure.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

People have always bought money. I've never said they didn't.

First off...what is a botter and if it were 4 different people doing the same thing...wouldn't there be the same amount of money coming into the system anyway? Botters can only make but so much money in a given period of time. It's not like the are 'conjuring' the money out of nowhere or running printing presses that make simoleans pop out any faster then it does for anyone else.

For example, say I had a paid account and I had 3 friends with paid accounts.....and say if myself and those 3 friends were to get together and do nothing but pizza.

We wouldn't be considered 'botters' because we are 4 different people. But why is it so taboo for 1 person to own and pay for 4 accounts and do the same? Wouldn't there be just as much money in the economy with 4 different people making pizza as the same person using 4 accounts? And isn't EA still getting the same amount of subscription money as if there were 4 different people?

Now if I had 4 accounts and loaded up an unapproved software package that accesses the game and runs those accounts when I'm not there....then I'm not really playing the game at that point. That's when I would consider myself a botter.

But then again...how many people go to stores and buy rare pets that have been found using the petfinder? How many people leave their sims in their houses unattended using the babysitting software? and as pointed out before...there wasn't very many of us that wasn't using some kind of clothing patch and we brazenly said it on our bios too....."I see through Yada-Yada eyes".

I'm just kinda bothered that there are people here that want to insinuate themselves into the lifes and play style of their fellow TSO'rs. Plaster people with the name 'Botter' and blame all the economic woos on them when in fact the reason why the economy is the way it is now is NOT because of the botters.

Paranoia is not a pretty thing. It's a disease and once it spreads it can do a lot of harm to innocent people. I really wish everyone here would remember that.

I'm sorry to see phrases like this popping out of newbie mouths currently ingame..."OMG&gt;.....THERE WAS A MONEY HOUSE WITH 4 SIMS IN IT. IT WAS LOCKED FOR HOURS AND NO ONE WOULD ANSWER MY IM!!!! T H E Y A R E BOTTERS!!!"

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I am not sure why you think I was associating botters with mutiple account players.

You and your friends make money to play the game. You eat, build homes, and buy things thus draining excess out of the economy.

Botters do not. Botters sole purpose is to produce simoleans and sell those simoleans for cash. The more they produce the more inflation we have and the more things cost. Costs go up and more people are willing to pay cash for simoleans rather than play game. So botters make more simoleans to sell. Do you see the vicious cycle here?

Do you remember when a bonus payout was $100 per jam. Then it rose to $300, then $500, then $1000 and so on. We were experiencing inflation caused by the poor economic structure of game all along. Botters helped inflation grow. The exploit just speeded up the process.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I didn't say YOU were....but there are many here and this thread is an example of how botting is the blame-all of the economy and it's really not right for new people in our game to think that botters are the ones responsible for it all.

Hmm...actually I recall how payouts have slowly and steadily increased. But isn't that the way real economy works? I am working the same job I worked 5 years ago....but I make more money and I pay higher rent. I also pay more for gas, food, taxes and other items.

I've been here just a long as many of you have been but I choose not to wave my flag around. Personally....what this person or that person was paying out never bothered me because I was always too busy doing my own thing and playing the game to worry about what my neighors did.

Nothing was ever 'unaffordable' in those days and really until last year....things were never unaffordable even for those of us who didn't 'buy' simoleans. So the 'botters' ruined the economy just doesn't ring true to some of us.

I've been convinced a time or two that they did. I've sat and listened to people talk and condemn and I walk around a few days saying 'Darn those stinkin botters!!' But after thinking about it for a few days, I always come back to the same thing.....'detect the software...stop it' and that's all I could really expect EA to do.

There are some here that would prevent even private multiple owners from making money to be used for our own private reasons in the game.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Gotcha. You were just tagging to last post not really responding to the post I made.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Gotcha. You were just tagging to last post not really responding to the post I made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was greatly fearing I would be an outcast for Thanksgiving dinner this year....so am I still invited?

G

Also Gracie you keep insisting that botters produce simoleans faster and that is far from the truth nd ha been for many years now.

The only time botters were ever able to produce simoleans at a faster rate then the average player could was way back when, when the maze had a glitch and you could thereticaly play it forever because of the "celebration" bug. It wasn't that hard to be able to do it even under normal play circumstance if you ran both sims and were a decent maze player. Since that was fixed bots haven't been able to produce simoleans any faster then any human possibly could since that time. They can't force the games animations on pizza, code, band etc any faster then the speed that the game currently runs at. The maze was fixed so they can only go but so fast there too and that speed is same as a normal player would do.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

fester,

Botters do not logout or sleep. Players do.

ergo, botters produce simoleans faster.

Imagine, if you will, a sweat shop in China. 3 shifts of workers running bots 24/7.

G

Wel thats a different way of faster. I'd say they play longer thus able to produce more, they still aren't quite faster.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And no, pre-exploit I don't think the economy was all that bad really. Items were not 'out of reach' for regular players....we just had to save a little money a little longer is all. The economy was actually pretty accurate. The rare items cost more for a reason....they are rare?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without bots and therefore payouts, 'rare' would still have been much lower than multi-million. Rare could mean 250k, 500k or 1 mill. Players that only had 1 account if they were playing by the rules would still have to 'save their pennies' for a while from doing pizza, jams, maze, whatever, but how long do you think it would take the single account holder to make 15 MILLION simoleans without payouts? Long enough for some players to get discouraged and disgusted I'd say.

As for the anniversary gifts, I'm hoping like the dickens that they make those unsalable, tied to the account holder since all our sims are gonna be in the same city. Anniversary items are supposed to be a status symbol indicating dedication to this game. EA tried to do this with the mystics I think when they made them untradable, but then left the loophole of them being able to be sold on store lots, which opened the door wide open for tree/fruit farms. I'm hoping the plug that loophole or things are gonna go out of whack again, just not as fast.

And I never said the bots had anything to do with the glitches, I said it *could* have been a person who was already a botter that first discovered the glitch and advertised it....or it could not have been, who knows. You've got alot of sims so I can understand you don't get how it would be difficult for a single account holder to come up with 15 million simoleans inside a year's time of playing ALOT a day, but it is.....and if botters were gone the prices would never have jacked up to 15 mill because the sellers would know sims couldn't afford it therefore they priced themselves out of the market. You say those that don't agree with you aren't seeing the 'big' picture, but you're missing key parts of the outer border of that puzzle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have a different perspective of the past. The botters did over produce simoleans in the game. Meaning they made money faster than it could be drained out of the economy. By the end of 2003, we already had exependable money in game because the concept of "bonus payouts" began to pop up in money houses all over town. Sims that already had everything they could buy began giving money away in droves. The competition for top 100 list encouraged players to buy simoleans just for the sole purpose of giving it away.

Inflation began as early as 2003. The onset of the Mystic Tree phenomenon in 2004 even furthered society's want for more simoleans faster than they could make them playing the game. Botters produced and sold simoleans even faster over the next two years.

Yes, the tragic exploit that hit the cities at the end of 2005/beginning of 2006 expedited the inflation. However, I have no doubts without controls on the bots and new drains introduced to the game we would have still met our demise with the old economic structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly I should have read this before I made my last post...you said exactly what I was thinking but as always, more eloquently

G

<blockquote><hr>

We wouldn't be considered 'botters' because we are 4 different people. But why is it so taboo for 1 person to own and pay for 4 accounts and do the same? Wouldn't there be just as much money in the economy with 4 different people making pizza as the same person using 4 accounts? And isn't EA still getting the same amount of subscription money as if there were 4 different people?

[/ QUOTE ]

The issue there is time. The bots are automated, therefore they can produce MORE simoleans than one single person having 4 accounts and manually playing pizza with all 4 sims themselves, because they'd have to be toggling through the screens, looking at ingredients and deciding what to put to hopefully make a successful pizza. The whole point of the bots is that a human player cannot manually make pizzas that fast, so therefore no it would not put the same amount of money into the economy.

The 'taboo' as far as I am concerned comes in when that player decides to lock themselves in their own lot and do that rather than going to a open-to-the-public money house. By doing the latter you are helping that person gain hours on the list, and you're still getting what you want being able to play by yourself, and you wouldn't have the harrassing IMs that I know people send out to those they find in locked houses. I can understand not wanting to open YOUR house to the public when you are doing that, because its hard as hades to host and play pizza with 4 sims at once, but at someone else's house this would not be a concern, so I don't get what the big deal is about that. It's a natural assumption that if someone is hiding they must have something to hide. So if you want people to realize that everything is on the up-and-up, only you can put it there.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'm not going to name names or anything but I know someone that tested your hypothesis Carrie. Actually, an experienced pizza player with 4 accounts can produce more simoleans during one green cycle than bots. Bots really aren't all that smart

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not going to name names or anything but I know someone that tested your hypothesis Carrie. Actually, an experienced pizza player with 4 accounts can produce more simoleans during one green cycle than bots. Bots really aren't all that smart

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....they'd have to be extremely good. Especially since good old OWP. I've known those too who used them pre and post OWP, and the bots were so fast at it that they produced quite a few $0 pizzas. That thwarts the bots final total, but the experienced player would also run into that same thing, so it's hard to imagine how they can come out ahead.....but I tip my hat to anybody that can LOL.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

The 'taboo' as far as I am concerned comes in when that player decides to lock themselves in their own lot and do that rather than going to a open-to-the-public money house.

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony in that is...as long as I'm not using 3rd party software to run my sims....it's really no one's business what I'm doing in my locked house.

I do not in any way support the making of unfounded, unsupported accusations in public concerning what other players may or may not be doing in the privacy of their own lots without irrevocable proof.

G

when doing pizza by yourself you can see ingredients on the 4 screens and click them most likely faster then the bot does like gracie says. I've seen many complaints here of people pizzaing theirselves and getting the owp. you dont have to be particularly fast. besides youre always waiting for the piza animations to cycle through the bot has to wait for the same thing.

I think a human could easily be faster then a bot doing pizzas.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The 'taboo' as far as I am concerned comes in when that player decides to lock themselves in their own lot and do that rather than going to a open-to-the-public money house.

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony in that is...as long as I'm not using 3rd party software to run my sims....it's really no one's business what I'm doing in my locked house.

I do not in any way support the making of unfounded, unsupported accusations in public concerning what other players may or may not be doing in the privacy of their own lots without irrevocable proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a billion percent right it is only your business and noone elses, unfortunately those elses seem to think it is their nosey lil business.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody's done that here that I've seen *looks around*. But the problem is that we as players cannot get 'irrevocable proof'. All we can do is report our suspicions to EA and they have to carry the ball from there. As far as the harrassment goes, like I said if you set yourself up to look suspicious I don't think you can blame others for investigating as much as they can before reporting to see if you are doing anything suspicious. Would you rather peopel just report those in locked houses without IMing them first? Seems to me that could lead to more 'innocent' people being banned.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Shuffling your windows can be a challenge but yeah, you probably can make more money by playing with your own sims.

You can see what everyone has, plan a strategy for future moves and you can play faster.

When I play pizza alone in my private house....you won't find just 4 guests. I have 5 because I bring in a sim to serenade and cook. I generally bring an extra sim as a serenader that needs links so I'm killing 2 birds with one stone.

I think that one of the reasons why I lasted so long in Fuji is because I have the ability to entertain myself when not many others are around and when too much drama is floating around....it's nice to have a place to go off and be away from the fiascos.

(I got proof on a guy once. I used to have this rather paranoid friend in MF that would sit and stare at this one house for hours and hours. He'd talk about how this house and that house were bots......turned out one of the houses was 'accidentally' left open and I invited a few of my friends to join me while we linked them....We green linked them as the did their maze....left and had a good laugh. I did send a report but the house had been deleted and sims moved the next day so guess they figured out they'd been had.)

I

imported_SimTripps

I agree with all of you lol... That's my answer and I'm stickin' to it rofl...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with all of you lol... That's my answer and I'm stickin' to it rofl...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.....are those chicken feathers growing out your head?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't say YOU were....but there are many here and this thread is an example of how botting is the blame-all of the economy and it's really not right for new people in our game to think that botters are the ones responsible for it all.

[/ QUOTE ]I've been following the whole simolean-farm industry (aka botters) for a long time, as their existence seems to go hand-in-hand with the payout culture - a hot-button issue of mine (anyone remember SARP?).

Anyways, I just wanted to point out that - yes, you are right: The Exploit blew the economy straight to hell literally overnight, and the people farming the exploit did far more damage in one week than all of the bots could manage throughout the history of the game combined.

But, the economy, such as it was, was already irreparably damaged even before the Exploit - and bots were the indirect cause of that -- the direct cause was people who, choosing the easy way out of everything, bought simoleans farmed by botters, using said simoleans to fund ever-rising payout rates to bribe visitors onto their lots. In effect, the "payout houses" had taken on the role of money launderers - distributing illegally-farmed simoleans far and wide into the general population. This is what caused the runaway inflation in the game.

The economy - and thus the game - was already failing because of the botters and the people who bought their wares. All the Exploit did was to significantly accelerate the process.

I

imported_SimTripps

ROFL! yes.... lol...

Someone I know in BF told me they tried a bot program once - called a 'rare pet finder' or some such thing. He said that he was 10 times faster than the silly ol' bot program, so tried it once and then said forget it lol... How good are these bot programs anyhow? I doubt, from a programming perspective, they're as good as people think they are. What about greening? Say the program is queued to have the sim use the bed, go pee, then use the shower, etc.. but say another sim jumps ahead of them and uses the shower they've got queued? It'll mess them up rofl...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Imagine, if you will, a sweat shop in China. 3 shifts of workers running bots 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]You cannot imagine how close to the truth you are. While many of the people running bots in the game were small-time operations looking to beef up their allowances, a good number of bots were likely part of large sweatshop operations in China. If anyone bought simoleans from sites that also sold currencies from other games, then you very likely supported these sweatshops.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What about greening? Say the program is queued to have the sim use the bed, go pee, then use the shower, etc.. but say another sim jumps ahead of them and uses the shower they've got queued? It'll mess them up rofl...

[/ QUOTE ]That's why bots run behind locked doors.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

ROFL! yes.... lol...

Someone I know in BF told me they tried a bot program once - called a 'rare pet finder' or some such thing. He said that he was 10 times faster than the silly ol' bot program, so tried it once and then said forget it lol... How good are these bot programs anyhow? I doubt, from a programming perspective, they're as good as people think they are. What about greening? Say the program is queued to have the sim use the bed, go pee, then use the shower, etc.. but say another sim jumps ahead of them and uses the shower they've got queued? It'll mess them up rofl...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I've heard horror stories about some bot houses that were raided by players who found doors open.

Food plates on the floor.....sims that had peed because the macro had forgotten to record the use toilet prompt...really really sad stuff...!!!

I think we should for a picket line to protest!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What about greening? Say the program is queued to have the sim use the bed, go pee, then use the shower, etc.. but say another sim jumps ahead of them and uses the shower they've got queued? It'll mess them up rofl...

[/ QUOTE ]That's why bots run behind locked doors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and that is why those behind locked doors are automatically suspect by those trying to eradicate the bots. I do agree with Katheryne though, the bots are only the secondary cause of the inflation, not the primary as I'd said. The primary cause was all the people who bought simoleans from the farmers and I also believe everybody (*raises hand to include self here*) who went to payout houses and spent hours making jams and pizzas and solving mazes to hopefully one day be able to afford a 15 million simolean rare LOL.

I also still firmly believe that the top end of rares, without payouts, bots and other inflation influences would have been 1 mill, with the 'ultra rares' like the robos and the purple turkish cats going 1.5 maybe 2 mill. That's still a hard goal without payouts, but could probably be achieved in 2-3 months even on an average playing schedule and not an all-day one like some of us have the ability to do.

I

imported_SimTripps

ewww rofl! Sounds like the sim version of squat living lol...

Remember: Locked doors doesn't necessarily mean someone is botting. I have 4 accounts that I use to pizza, and usually play in my locked private house. I pizza alone whilst rocking out to my iPod lol.., so I lock the house because I don't want any distractions or to partake in conversation while I'm doing it. I'm one of those creepy loner players who prefers playing solo alot of the time lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

ewww rofl! Sounds like the sim version of squat living lol...

Remember: Locked doors doesn't necessarily mean someone is botting. I have 4 accounts that I use to pizza, and usually play in my locked private house. I pizza alone whilst rocking out to my iPod lol.., so I lock the house because I don't want any distractions or to partake in conversation while I'm doing it. I'm one of those creepy loner players who prefers playing solo alot of the time lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, I do much the same but with code and there are a lot more of us in the game that do that than there would be botters. I know of heaps of people that do pizza or code by themselves. Leaving your doors open cuts what you can make in half so most lock their doors. It's also not only done to make simoleans, it's enjoyable to. Beats going to a money house and doing single player objects for hours to make the same amount by a long way. You cant just think that because someone has locked their doors they are botting, because in the mojority of cases thay are not.

P

Paula777

lol apperantly everyone is coding/makin pizza with their own 3/4 sims and noone is botting ...

just closing doors to have some peace and quiet hehe ...

u guys are funny!

G

I don't play, but I'm glad I quit a while ago.

The entire ATM system seems unfair. I want to have rares, skill locks, etc., so I spend countless hours skilling and making money when Joe Somebody can be a subscriber for one day and can buy his way out of working to get what I have.

Whatever happened to working for things? Oh well, I guess it was to be expected. It should be obvious by now that the entire EA Land project was done for a bonus to atop all of the developer's salaries.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Whatever happened to working for things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Work? In western culture? the [censored] is that?...everything revolves around need it big and need it fast, when its put there in front of a customer on a silver platter then their will be no hesitation by some and others will be left to be the petty "common worker".

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol apperantly everyone is coding/makin pizza with their own 3/4 sims and noone is botting ...

just closing doors to have some peace and quiet hehe ...

u guys are funny!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I'm willing to bet that you are one of those people that think if someone goes in a store and buys a pack of rollie papers they must be smoking pot.

G

im one of those people lol. I actually saw blunt wrappers sold and marketed as blunt wrappers, what else are they for.